Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These are supposed to be businessmen 21:20 - May 27 with 9907 viewsLondon_Pride

Unbelievable. How can Beard and his Merry Men be prepared to give total freedom to Nike to choose the kit without ANY rights of veto. Don't they understand the brand they are trying to sell. The clue is in the word 'superHOOPS'. They still don't get it , do they.

What a comedown after Saturday. Pathetic.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 10:09 - May 28 with 2094 viewssmegma

These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:27 - May 27 by Maggsinho

Not bad business to get Nike to pay £42m for the privilege though.

You seriously believe that figure?
These are supposed to be businessmen on 10:14 - May 28 with 2080 viewsdaveB

they've done a deal where one of the biggest sportswear companies in the world will stock QPR shirts in every country in the world, a crap home kit for a year is a small price to pay. I hate the shirt but it's no different to the one we had in 01-02 when we were in division 2.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 10:24 - May 28 with 2061 viewsE17hoop

These are supposed to be businessmen on 10:14 - May 28 by daveB

they've done a deal where one of the biggest sportswear companies in the world will stock QPR shirts in every country in the world, a crap home kit for a year is a small price to pay. I hate the shirt but it's no different to the one we had in 01-02 when we were in division 2.

This.

They can simply stick a badge on a template kit and, although we don't like, create mass market appeal across the world. Those shirts will sell millions - Far East, US, Africa.

That's the draw of the Premier League and, for this season at least, we are pawns in the machine that is Nike.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

These are supposed to be businessmen on 10:31 - May 28 with 2046 viewsToast_R

Don't like the kit but christ behave. QPR fans are becoming real diva's.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 11:53 - May 28 with 2007 viewsthame_hoops

These are supposed to be businessmen on 10:31 - May 28 by Toast_R

Don't like the kit but christ behave. QPR fans are becoming real diva's.

i think most fans are just frustrated as it seems incompetence on nike's behalf, the home kit is all about identity, why are larger hoops not on a template as they made germanys and flamengos?
just seems a dumb thing of nike to do, if they had got it reasonably right then im sure it would have been the biggest selling kit in rangers history?
that said, we are premier league, in TF we trust etc etc
Your R's!
These are supposed to be businessmen on 12:38 - May 28 with 1975 viewssimmo

These are supposed to be businessmen on 09:27 - May 28 by connell10

will you be buying said shirt mate? just asking like!

No because they are awful. But I don't wear colours to games so I wouldnt pay £45 just for something to wear when i play 5 a side, regardless of how it looks.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

These are supposed to be businessmen on 12:52 - May 28 with 1960 viewsTHEBUSH

Don't agree with OP's opinion, that's all !!
These are supposed to be businessmen on 13:46 - May 28 with 1931 viewsdoogi55

now i dont like it it to much like fakers shirts so i wouldnt buy it .
the only thing that worries me is if they try to loose the hoops that is immportant to the identy of QPR. you can call a stadium what you like if you pay qpr millons to do it i will always call it loftus road.
Login to get fewer ads

These are supposed to be businessmen on 13:57 - May 28 with 1918 viewsQPR_John

These are supposed to be businessmen on 13:46 - May 28 by doogi55

now i dont like it it to much like fakers shirts so i wouldnt buy it .
the only thing that worries me is if they try to loose the hoops that is immportant to the identy of QPR. you can call a stadium what you like if you pay qpr millons to do it i will always call it loftus road.

This is now getting out of hand. I don't think even the most pessimistic post has suggested the hoops will be going permanently. Let's leave it for the one year and then reassess the situation.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 14:57 - May 28 with 1881 viewsLondon_Pride

These are supposed to be businessmen on 12:52 - May 28 by THEBUSH

Don't agree with OP's opinion, that's all !!

As the OP, that's fair enough.

I have seen the various responses to my post last night and there is some truth in that it was probably over the top - following on from seeing the new kit for the first time following one too many pints of the beer that is my alias.

Why did I get wound up enough to start a new thread on this subject? Because the kit matters, the logo matters, tradition matters. The players (other than the occasional Ainsworth, Bircham or Hill) have no loyalty to the club, the managers and owners come and go and for us supporters - what else is there left to hold on to. I honestly believe that the directors should understand that every time they change the kit they are potentially strengthening or weakening the association with the club's history.

I do not like thin blue stripes, I do not like having vertical stripes on the away kit - but that is my problem and I can get over it. As pointed out, this is not the first time we have had either. What surprised me was that the Club would agree to letting Nike choose the strip for them. If they are not interested in such a fundamental aspect of the club then that concerns me.

What the hell - probably just an emotional over reaction after the high of Wembley.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 15:21 - May 28 with 1852 viewsBklynRanger

Fair enough response, LP, I'll give you that.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 15:27 - May 28 with 1843 viewsstansleftfoot

These are supposed to be businessmen on 14:57 - May 28 by London_Pride

I have seen the various responses to my post last night and there is some truth in that it was probably over the top - following on from seeing the new kit for the first time following one too many pints of the beer that is my alias.

Why did I get wound up enough to start a new thread on this subject? Because the kit matters, the logo matters, tradition matters. The players (other than the occasional Ainsworth, Bircham or Hill) have no loyalty to the club, the managers and owners come and go and for us supporters - what else is there left to hold on to. I honestly believe that the directors should understand that every time they change the kit they are potentially strengthening or weakening the association with the club's history.

I do not like thin blue stripes, I do not like having vertical stripes on the away kit - but that is my problem and I can get over it. As pointed out, this is not the first time we have had either. What surprised me was that the Club would agree to letting Nike choose the strip for them. If they are not interested in such a fundamental aspect of the club then that concerns me.

What the hell - probably just an emotional over reaction after the high of Wembley.

Like you I'm disappointed but London Pride is not working it's magic on you.
The business deal is that QPR have extricated £45 Million off Nike, the has to be a deal struck within the parameters of certain facts.
QPR need to be promoted, they need to be seen as credible show ponies for Nikes products and branding process.
We get the up-side of being supplied with Nikes kit and all it's advertising on its own behalf from 2014 onwards.
So every ad on TV during big matches, every ad on every commercial sports channel, every ad on-line, every publication in every supermarket, garage, newsagents.
It cost QPR nothing other than a year of wearing an off the shelf product that has similarities to QPR kits from the past.
They are businessmen and in the bigger picture it's a cracking deal. The developing relationship between Nike and QPR will create an income stream that ticks along while we all sleep, while the players rest, it will be global!
The astonishing thing about our Wembley Win is that it has cleared TF's mind, Fan's flew in from across the world, Fans watched in Bars, Hotels and on-laps in far flung places. He has confirmed that his dream of Global Branding is realistic and QPR are not just that band of brothers who have filled Loftus Road regardless of league or success for years and years. There were people of from eighty years of age to five years old, 5000 people walked 5 miles just for the hell of it!
These Guys are modern business men, the Media set-up, the Nike deal, the academy, the stadium are all part of the plan, we and they as the deals are done will see compromise and negotiation in regard to the Infrastructure and Back Office at QPR but they will all be part of creating income streams other than Match-Day Attendance income....the test will come with the Season Tickets, Beard and Tony should hold them to last years prices for the forthcoming Season....I bet he does....Gulp!
These are supposed to be businessmen on 15:27 - May 28 with 1843 viewsLewes_r

These are supposed to be businessmen on 14:57 - May 28 by London_Pride

If you listen to todays open all rs podcast they have an interview with TF where he explains that Nike has a situation where they are unable to make thousands of kits at the drop of a hat so the club need to wait so in mean time they get this . not really the clubs fault unless you would want them to say no to 10s of millions

its a no brainer if you ask me.. lets just deal with it and move on.. more important stuff to worry about like FFP

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

These are supposed to be businessmen on 16:01 - May 28 with 1821 viewspaulparker

My main Gripe yesterday wasn't really with the club, but with Nike
how can a massive sporting corporation like them just do a Sunday league home shirt & an away shirt that has bog all to do with QPR, ( the white one is ok ) but it looks cheap & naff
If we are talking branding , surely Nike would have thought you know what this club could get into the play offs, with either big blue & white hoops or Dennis the menace
a game which is seen all over the world, millions of people would have seen us in the Dennis the Menace & now we go to Stripes !!!
the whole thing is rank amateurish which you would expect from HI TEC not Nike

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

These are supposed to be businessmen on 16:05 - May 28 with 1811 viewsthemodfather

i saw these kits years ago when looking for sunday league kits...on one discount kit online "store", discountkits? they do the nike hoops, xs from £11.49
i bet many do this not to have sponsors and "that" badge.

qpr cannot hit the ground ..after the last promotion, no parade upset many
this time, the rush to release kits has done so with a poor unimaginative design, bog standard design
what happens when prices go up on ssn tkts...??? ducks for cover
These are supposed to be businessmen on 16:15 - May 28 with 1775 viewsVancouverHoop

These are supposed to be businessmen on 15:27 - May 28 by Lewes_r

If you listen to todays open all rs podcast they have an interview with TF where he explains that Nike has a situation where they are unable to make thousands of kits at the drop of a hat so the club need to wait so in mean time they get this . not really the clubs fault unless you would want them to say no to 10s of millions

its a no brainer if you ask me.. lets just deal with it and move on.. more important stuff to worry about like FFP

Yes. The deal was only signed in the middle of March. If you remember Lotto required six months lead time to produce a custom kit, I'm sure Nike have a similar schedule.
[Post edited 28 May 2014 16:17]
These are supposed to be businessmen on 16:16 - May 28 with 1772 views1MoreBrightonR

Fair play to the OP for posting again saying he may have overreacted. The kit's rubbish, i agree but the club are making a fortune and have said it isnt ideal and it just baffles me how quickly people on this board can turn so negative at any time, let alone after Saturday. I', still grinning from ear to ear, terrible kit or not.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 16:19 - May 28 with 1770 viewsA40Bosh

These are supposed to be businessmen on 16:01 - May 28 by paulparker

My main Gripe yesterday wasn't really with the club, but with Nike
how can a massive sporting corporation like them just do a Sunday league home shirt & an away shirt that has bog all to do with QPR, ( the white one is ok ) but it looks cheap & naff
If we are talking branding , surely Nike would have thought you know what this club could get into the play offs, with either big blue & white hoops or Dennis the menace
a game which is seen all over the world, millions of people would have seen us in the Dennis the Menace & now we go to Stripes !!!
the whole thing is rank amateurish which you would expect from HI TEC not Nike

I have to disagree.
Working in manufacturing on a global scale means that lead times for products can be months. You have to have a core product line which takes up manufacturing capacity throughout the year and therefore introducing new bespoke products, based on individual client requirements, into the manufacturing process has to be planned months in advance and often has to be given a lower priority because the numbers involved in the bespoke order in real terms do not bring sufficient revenues to warrant getting a higher priority.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

These are supposed to be businessmen on 16:40 - May 28 with 1742 viewsNorthernr

Yeh they are businessmen, which is why they've recognised that poor kits for 12 months followed by our own design, in exchange for £45m is a ridiculously good deal.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 16:44 - May 28 with 1731 viewsA40Bosh

These are supposed to be businessmen on 16:40 - May 28 by Northernr

Yeh they are businessmen, which is why they've recognised that poor kits for 12 months followed by our own design, in exchange for £45m is a ridiculously good deal.

Save your breath Clive, those who are throwing their toys out of the pram wont listen to logic

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

These are supposed to be businessmen on 18:04 - May 28 with 1682 viewsSuffolk

These are supposed to be businessmen on 16:44 - May 28 by A40Bosh

Save your breath Clive, those who are throwing their toys out of the pram wont listen to logic

For me and many others QPR is not about logic. Those who have expressed dismay at the new kit have done so because it is how they feel. For many the traditional hoops are essential to the clubs identity. As for the toys and pram shove them up your arse.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 18:14 - May 28 with 1664 viewsthame_hoops

These are supposed to be businessmen on 18:04 - May 28 by Suffolk

For me and many others QPR is not about logic. Those who have expressed dismay at the new kit have done so because it is how they feel. For many the traditional hoops are essential to the clubs identity. As for the toys and pram shove them up your arse.

These are supposed to be businessmen on 18:35 - May 28 with 1643 viewsdanehoop

These are supposed to be businessmen on 18:14 - May 28 by thame_hoops

Ahh, the intellectual response

Never knowingly understood

These are supposed to be businessmen on 18:43 - May 28 with 1632 viewsTheBlob

For that sort of money I'd run about stark bollock naked with a Ldl bag on me head.
Much less than that actually.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

These are supposed to be businessmen on 18:44 - May 28 with 1632 viewspaulparker

These are supposed to be businessmen on 18:35 - May 28 by danehoop

Ahh, the intellectual response

as opposed to the your not a real fan if you say any thing negative response
ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024