Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
These are supposed to be businessmen 21:20 - May 27 with 9714 viewsLondon_Pride

Unbelievable. How can Beard and his Merry Men be prepared to give total freedom to Nike to choose the kit without ANY rights of veto. Don't they understand the brand they are trying to sell. The clue is in the word 'superHOOPS'. They still don't get it , do they.

What a comedown after Saturday. Pathetic.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:22 - May 27 with 6587 viewsWatford_Ranger

Firstly, is it really that big a deal? Not to me.

Secondly, I doubt it does the "brand" any harm. It will piss us off to varying extents but we're not really the target market.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:27 - May 27 with 6543 viewsMaggsinho

Not bad business to get Nike to pay £42m for the privilege though.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:27 - May 27 with 6539 viewsconnell10

These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:22 - May 27 by Watford_Ranger

Firstly, is it really that big a deal? Not to me.

Secondly, I doubt it does the "brand" any harm. It will piss us off to varying extents but we're not really the target market.

who are the target market, sunday pub teams??

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:35 - May 27 with 6477 viewscarrotcrunch_R

It's bad business on Nikes part cos if they had done the proper hoops with the fans still being on high from the promotion they would have sold thousands b4 the premier league started ,I would be very surprised if they sold very many of this design although I don't mind the white one it is a matter of taste I suppose but the home shirt is our identity .
These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:40 - May 27 with 6427 viewsWatford_Ranger

These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:27 - May 27 by connell10

who are the target market, sunday pub teams??

Fuk knows. I doubt a kid in Shanghai or Moscow cares if the hoops go all the way. I don't know why they would want a QPR shirt in the first place but for £42m they must have some idea. If it's just a case of getting the Nike tick on TV even more then what difference if on a cheap, generic design or a relatively expensive unique one?
These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:40 - May 27 with 6423 viewsJeff

I don't understand how *anyone* can be on a comedown from Saturday over a f*cking kit, and one with heavy mitigation to boot.

I don't like the new kits, but i'm still over the f*cking moon - I saw my team win at Wembley on Saturday!

Can we not knock it?

These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:43 - May 27 with 6394 viewsBrightonhoop

These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:40 - May 27 by Jeff

I don't understand how *anyone* can be on a comedown from Saturday over a f*cking kit, and one with heavy mitigation to boot.

I don't like the new kits, but i'm still over the f*cking moon - I saw my team win at Wembley on Saturday!

Yep me too Jeff, just sorry we'll be turning out in the worst 'hoops' ever.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:49 - May 27 with 6342 viewsDylanP

Seriously? Take a breath. Its OK. The kits this year are a bit naff. Having hoops that don't go all the way round is a cardinal sin. Any fan could have told you that. Unfortunately, nobody asked the fans. The striped away kit is just terrible and the white is OK but, well, it aint really us, is it? That is all true. But it is hardly the end of the world. Nike must have some sort of plan but that is their problem not ours. They have given us a boatload of cash (apparently) and that is important, given our precarious financial situation. If you don't like the kit design don't buy one. If nobody buys it, then they will make it better next time round (presumably).

Nothing can take away from winning at Wembley and certainly not a kit design that is kinda crap.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Login to get fewer ads

These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:55 - May 27 with 6309 viewsGetMeRangers

For those feeling completely let down by the club, it might be worth bearing in mind that this kit would have been revealed today, whether we had gone up or not.

Whether we like it or not, this deal is there to finance the clubs future

Who will buy it. I am sure, if I get the chance to take my sons to an away game, they will all have one of the away kits. I will let them choose.

This is their club. They want to wear the kit their heroes wear. It doesnt make the shirts any better, but their minds are still young and impressionable
These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:58 - May 27 with 6269 views08olesen

QPR get paid either way. makes no difference how many shirts they sell. Nike have already paid the 40 million.

Poll: Who will the other play off

These are supposed to be businessmen on 22:05 - May 27 with 6230 viewsQPR_John

These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:58 - May 27 by 08olesen

QPR get paid either way. makes no difference how many shirts they sell. Nike have already paid the 40 million.

I'm sure they want a return from their outlay strange way to run a business otherwise
These are supposed to be businessmen on 22:10 - May 27 with 6199 viewsMatch82

They ARE businessmen.

With all the bullsh*t and red tape involved in ANYTHING corporate these days, there's a good chance that the new kit design process takes about 6 months from start to finish. Yes, that's ridiculous, but it could very easily be true.

If QPR were offered the chance to get 42m over 5 years with a template kit in year 1, or say 40m over 5 years with all 5 years fully customized (like a "rush fee" on anything you'd buy online) then what would you do?

Personally, I think take the extra and invest it.

Or, to your point... acting like businessmen
These are supposed to be businessmen on 22:16 - May 27 with 6162 viewsGetMeRangers

These are supposed to be businessmen on 21:58 - May 27 by 08olesen

Do they really pay up front? Not bad
These are supposed to be businessmen on 22:22 - May 27 with 6112 viewseghamranger

Vote with our feet...,don't buy it. I won't!
These are supposed to be businessmen on 22:24 - May 27 with 6087 viewsBklynRanger

The way people start new threads just to give a rant that could go on one of the other threads.

I actually think that might be a worse thing than any of those 3 shirts.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 22:26 - May 27 with 6066 viewsrsonist

Understand the dissatisfaction but people seriously need to take a look at the money other clubs are getting for their kits. £9m a year is very, very generous money for a club in our position and puts us above half the league at least. By comparison Spurs get 10m, Juventus get 11m, Milan get 12m, the flipping champions Man City get 12m. None of these are exactly newly promoted clubs who notoriously ballsed up their two recent years in the spotlight.

If we were getting peanuts for the pleasure I'd be angry too. But provided it's only one year as promised then I'll take the hit. It's cheap and nasty but it's not a disaster at the end of the day.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 22:30 - May 27 with 6038 viewsTW_R

These are supposed to be businessmen on 22:24 - May 27 by BklynRanger

The way people start new threads just to give a rant that could go on one of the other threads.

I actually think that might be a worse thing than any of those 3 shirts.

Agreed.

Not only that but also moan that our owners aren't businessmen after signing a deal worth more than next season's total ticket sales. F*cking useless idiots aren't they?
These are supposed to be businessmen on 22:47 - May 27 with 5976 viewsHollowayRanger

do qpr get the full 40 mill or is it dependent on sales

as if it is

qpr wont make a single million on that shirt

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

These are supposed to be businessmen on 22:52 - May 27 with 5960 viewsPunteR

These are supposed to be businessmen on 22:47 - May 27 by HollowayRanger

do qpr get the full 40 mill or is it dependent on sales

as if it is

qpr wont make a single million on that shirt

Isn't it just like a sponsor for nike? Nothing really to do with sales of our shirt.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

These are supposed to be businessmen on 23:00 - May 27 with 5925 viewsrsonist

Think the way it usually works is that the club make money on what they sell from the club shop (which they receive at a discount and therefore make more on a higher mark up than retail stores). The kit supplier receives all sales profits elsewhere hence why the deals are so big.

So in short Nike are the poor businessmen here, and if anyone does like the kit they should buy it from the club.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 23:14 - May 27 with 5864 viewslondonscottish

Yeah I don't get it either.

The shirts change every year.

The badge every now and then.

I don't get the hysteria.

[Post edited 27 May 2014 23:30]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

These are supposed to be businessmen on 08:16 - May 28 with 5657 viewswestberksr

This, with knobs on.
These are supposed to be businessmen on 08:55 - May 28 with 5563 viewsqueensparkdanger

I don't particularly like the new kits but looking back we haven't always got it right. What really matters now is our transfer policy this close season because we need to stay in the Premier League long term.

My kid will still want a shirt whatever it looks like and I suggest that most will be the same.

Roll on next season when we are still in the Prem and Nike have designed a beauty for us..

You RRR'ss
These are supposed to be businessmen on 09:06 - May 28 with 5523 viewssimmo

Would everybody talking about the kits without any bearing of perspective please shut the fck up. It's boring and well over the top.

If you want an explanation, listen to the QPR podcast where Fernandes tells everybody why and what he plans to do to rectify it for next year.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

These are supposed to be businessmen on 09:27 - May 28 with 5476 viewsconnell10

These are supposed to be businessmen on 09:06 - May 28 by simmo

Would everybody talking about the kits without any bearing of perspective please shut the fck up. It's boring and well over the top.

If you want an explanation, listen to the QPR podcast where Fernandes tells everybody why and what he plans to do to rectify it for next year.

will you be buying said shirt mate? just asking like!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024