Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Granero 10:24 - May 30 with 6949 viewsTheBlob

What are your thoughts on a potential return?I thought he had a definite touch of class,maybe he was just caught up in the general dressing room malaise of the time.I'd give him another shot personally.

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/esteban-granero-eyes

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Granero on 12:42 - May 30 with 1754 viewsstansleftfoot

There is a difference playing in a team where players are unloading the ball rather than constructively passing to each other, professional footballers in a losing side will drop players in it to save face.
It would be foolish just to let our player go, he's had a break, a bad injury, and QPR is changing...I think we paid £9 Million for him...Why?
Get him back and review the original purchase with a new and different perspective. There's always a Club in Spain who will take him if it doesn't work.
Granero on 12:49 - May 30 with 1728 viewsClive_Anderson

Thought he was too lightweight and a bit crap as well the fact that he couldn't be arsed when we were struggling. And he's had a massive injury since then.

Not to mention the fact that he didn't want to play for us in the Championship. Tarbs doesn't seem to be forgiven that easily.
Granero on 12:59 - May 30 with 1722 viewsTacticalR

Is he a player Harry knows?

Air hostess clique

Granero on 13:02 - May 30 with 1712 viewsNov77

Granero on 11:32 - May 30 by BasingstokeR

I'd say if its something we don't have we need a larger physical centre mid with some pace/athleticism.

Mbia?

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Granero on 13:10 - May 30 with 1691 viewsBasingstokeR

Granero on 13:02 - May 30 by Nov77

Mbia?

And more than half a brain cell
Granero on 13:11 - May 30 with 1690 viewsTheBlob

Granero on 13:02 - May 30 by Nov77

Mbia?

Diakite' anyone?
His loan spell(plus obligatory full debut sending off)at Watford seems to have expired.
[Post edited 30 May 2014 13:11]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Granero on 13:11 - May 30 with 1687 viewsDylanP

No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Don't want Granero back. He is useless. He is rubbish. He is fool's gold. There is no place for wasters like that at the club. "Out, damn spot. Out!"

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Granero on 13:21 - May 30 with 1670 viewsDANRANGER

Any of the players on loan are welcome back if they have the right attitude and want to be part of the TEAM. They signed contracts and unless the deals are right for the club then they have to honour it. Barton was public enemy no. 1 so if they take his mentality then no reason why any of them can't turn it around.

due to his injury I can't see any other option for him or the club and I rate him and believe he still has plenty to offer. You can't underestimate the change in mentality in the dressing room and anyone coming into it now will have to play his part so whether it be a new signing or a returning villain, I'd hope they take on board what is expected from them.
Login to get fewer ads

Granero on 13:24 - May 30 with 1667 viewsQPunkR

Nope, already proved he's too lazy/lightweight for the English game, a la Parejo.
Would far rather twin nutjobs Mbia and Diakité

QPR - "shit but local"

Granero on 13:47 - May 30 with 1643 viewsadhoc_qpr

Mbia is out of contract anyway, so he's not an option.

Diakite has shown at Watford that he has learnt exactly nothing in the last 2 years and i'd say is now basically a complete write off as a professional footballer.

Granero has at least shown willing (at least according to this article) and might improve this time around - since we own him and there aren't any offers it makes sense to give him another chance.

Livermore from Spurs would be a decent option to bolster our midfield and add a bit of athleticism. Think Holtby will have better options, although if it's only a loan we have a decent chance to nab him like Fulham did.
Granero on 14:25 - May 30 with 1603 viewsNorthernr

I think another thing to consider here is he came here first of all as his first move outside of Spain, sold a situation by Sparkless that clearly didn't materialise, he's had a year to go back to Spain and think about it all, maybe he's reflected on things he could have done better. If Nedum is right and he's been in touch talking about looking forward to coming back that bodes very well.
Granero on 14:32 - May 30 with 1592 viewsVancouverHoop

It's a tough decision. Both he and Faurlin are coming off major injuries and play, more or less, the same position. Can we afford to give guaranteed squad places to both of them? OTOH he cost £9 million, and it's unlikely recoup anything like that unless people know he can play competitively. I'm guessing it'll be a decision made during pre-season, but I agree with those saying we have to give him a good look.
Granero on 14:51 - May 30 with 1552 viewsdanehoop

Granero on 13:24 - May 30 by QPunkR

Nope, already proved he's too lazy/lightweight for the English game, a la Parejo.
Would far rather twin nutjobs Mbia and Diakité

And yet Parejo seems to have done pretty well for himself on a return to Spain in a settled side, with a clear position and role and consistent tactics. So much so he is moted to be drawing Liverpools attention for a £20M move. Mbia likewise in a similar situation has done even better. Diakite, unfortunately doesnt quite follow.

The issue with the first two though does seem to be done to the workings of "Clueless" and his Taffia coaching staff not having the slightest idea how to use the resources available effectively. Whether that has changed now with 'arry remains to be seen (I'd welcome an additional and credible coach joining the staff as our first big investment) but I think it has already been provided that neither Parejo or Mbia were bad players and they both should have been able to play in the Prem.

I'd like to see if Granero has got over the injury. If he has, then he really could be an attarctive option and become a saleable asset should we go down again.

Never knowingly understood

Granero on 15:06 - May 30 with 1537 viewsBklynRanger

I'd have him back and start again, but very much as an AM rather than a CM.

He hasn't been brought up in a system that plays 4-4-2 or anything like it, and he doesn't suit it. If you put him in the middle beside Barton it might work 2 out of 5 times, the rest of the time he'll be accused of being too lightweight there.

If we could have him and Ravel as the two attacking midfielders in our squad, and properly sort out the CM behind them I think he could have a far far better season.
Granero on 15:09 - May 30 with 1529 views08olesen

He needs to spend the summer in the gym and get some muscle on him. I think we should definitely give him another go, and if we dont then he could very well be the next Parejo, because he does have talent, but needs to have another season at least to get fully acclimatised to the premier league.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Granero on 15:29 - May 30 with 1461 viewsballbag

I'm in the "give him a pre-season" camp.

In the meantime, let's all look at the highlights reel of all his goals for us so far.

Granero on 15:39 - May 30 with 1446 viewsQPunkR

Granero on 14:51 - May 30 by danehoop

And yet Parejo seems to have done pretty well for himself on a return to Spain in a settled side, with a clear position and role and consistent tactics. So much so he is moted to be drawing Liverpools attention for a £20M move. Mbia likewise in a similar situation has done even better. Diakite, unfortunately doesnt quite follow.

The issue with the first two though does seem to be done to the workings of "Clueless" and his Taffia coaching staff not having the slightest idea how to use the resources available effectively. Whether that has changed now with 'arry remains to be seen (I'd welcome an additional and credible coach joining the staff as our first big investment) but I think it has already been provided that neither Parejo or Mbia were bad players and they both should have been able to play in the Prem.

I'd like to see if Granero has got over the injury. If he has, then he really could be an attarctive option and become a saleable asset should we go down again.

I know, and that's why I picked him as an example. Both of them were shite for us, yet both have gone back to Spain and done well. They're flat-out just not suited to the game here, and actually weakened the team when they played. Doesn't necessarily make them bad players, just bad players for us.

QPR - "shit but local"

Granero on 15:54 - May 30 with 1422 views08olesen

It all goes back to a post which was put up by someone the other day talking about us having no identifiable style of play.

The bloke clearly cannot play the CDM role along side Barton, because he doesnt tackle, and he cant play the CAM IMO because Ravel (should we get him) or Adel (if he stays) are better than him.

His best postion for me, would be in a midfield 3 with Faurlin and Barton along side him. However then we have no CAM.

Harry needs to decide how we will play. Either we try go for the possession route which has worked for an average swansea side, or we aim to be a counterattack side like the Scum, and use our quick wingers to do the work. Until we sort this out, it will be very difficult for them to know who to sign. Changing the tactics every game wont work!

Poll: Who will the other play off

Granero on 16:02 - May 30 with 1405 viewsQPunkR

Redknapp and tactics oleson?
tsk tsk tsk

QPR - "shit but local"

Granero on 16:02 - May 30 with 1402 viewseastside_r

Granero on 10:35 - May 30 by JonDoeman

He threw in the towel though didn't he!

He did but probably because he was one of the first to spot what a charlatan Hughes was.

Unprofessional yes, but he was a young lad playing in a foreign country for the first time. I'd give him another chance.
Granero on 16:11 - May 30 with 1383 viewsRBlock

Granero on 15:54 - May 30 by 08olesen

It all goes back to a post which was put up by someone the other day talking about us having no identifiable style of play.

The bloke clearly cannot play the CDM role along side Barton, because he doesnt tackle, and he cant play the CAM IMO because Ravel (should we get him) or Adel (if he stays) are better than him.

His best postion for me, would be in a midfield 3 with Faurlin and Barton along side him. However then we have no CAM.

Harry needs to decide how we will play. Either we try go for the possession route which has worked for an average swansea side, or we aim to be a counterattack side like the Scum, and use our quick wingers to do the work. Until we sort this out, it will be very difficult for them to know who to sign. Changing the tactics every game wont work!

And if the situation occurs where Adel leaves, Ravel stays at West Ham, than what? Granero just infront of Faurlin and Barton could create chances. Or a conventional 433 with Barton in the centre, Faurlin just to the left, Granero the right. This would be a possession based team though, and I agree with you that we need consistency in style. That is the most important thing.
Granero on 16:22 - May 30 with 1367 viewsEastR

Granero on 15:54 - May 30 by 08olesen

The notion that possession is king and will bring automatic success has well and truly been found out, and as a tactical philosophy is dead in the water.
Look at what happened to Barcelona and Bayern Munich in the CL this season. And a few more games in the PL would have seen Swansea in more trouble.
(On an indirectly related note - ask Derby County fans how much possession they had last Saturday? If you can’t do anything with it, it ain’t any good having it).
The best teams will build from a solid defensive platform, a fluid attacking forward line with physicality from the back to the front. That’s what made Atletico Madrid the best team in Europe this year (even if they didn’t win the CL).

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Granero on 17:13 - May 30 with 1312 viewsenfieldargh

Granero on 10:44 - May 30 by ade_qpr

Couple of thoughts
Rather than pay another massive big fee for yet another mid give him a decent go and see what happens.
If Arry really believes in him similar to Barton then he may flourish. As stated in other posts he does have some class.
Looking at no 10 type players, most likely to say goodbye to Niko and Ravel so that leaves Adel or Granero. Could see one making it but doubt we could afford to play both in the team at the same time.

Niko wants to stay, Big Fat Sam after him tho

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Granero on 17:27 - May 30 with 1285 viewsenfieldargh

The Granero who played in that great 1st half performance away at Spuds was fantastic.

Central Midfield rosta(excuse the yankism) of
Barton
Faurlin
Kranjcar
Granero
Henry would be a pretty tidy choice

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Granero on 18:59 - May 30 with 1229 viewsCiderwithRsie

Don't really know, partly because a lot depends on his mentality and obviously I've never met the bloke.

What I would say is that we've surely got to look hard at the players we have available and make best use of them as far as possible. The alternative is yet another splurge in the transfer market, more players to be integrated, more gambles on fitness, attitude and compatibility.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024