Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random irritations.. 09:32 - Jun 10 with 396411 viewsDiscodroid

state funded schools in birmingham calling children to islamic prayer over the playground speakers, eschewing music lessons music, segregation... and the bbc doing a 'what are british values 'phone in this morning. cunnys.

evening standard , who seem to be phasing out their female genital mutilation wall to wall coverage , for a 'say no to rape in war' campaign. to be published in depth every night,, along with pictures of skinny london supermodels falling out of night clubson cocaine and articles on womens shoes and hanbags which cost £15,000 each.

and articles on 'suuuper property dahrling' that cost £25 million for a studio flat in barnes .tedious double page spreads on walthamstow village , sandwiches that are made by freegans for £50...and avante garde homosexual dance troops from slovienia .this paper says nothing at all to the average londoner.

musicals , and the cast's of musicals, especially amateur ones in church halls,romford, last saturday night.
[Post edited 10 Jun 2014 12:29]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Random irritations.. on 12:16 - Jan 23 with 3035 viewsJimthehip

Random irritations.. on 11:19 - Jan 12 by Bluce_Ree

Duck lips are women peacocking for other women. Men don't like that shit.

It's basically the same thing as men getting muscled up as the gym. Women aren't arsed, blokes notice it and wonder how what your routine is and how you get your protein.

Oh the muscle guys just love getting the muscles out don't they?

no problem getting fit and developing muscle but the amount of men who think women can't resist muscles is insane! its like, if you wanna have a gf just go and talk to her ffs! I've never heard. women say they like muscles I'm sure plenty do but I've never heard it said by a girl!
Random irritations.. on 12:18 - Jan 23 with 3041 viewsizlingtonhoop

Random irritations.. on 10:57 - Jan 23 by TheChef

7 year old me nearly supported Wolves due to this stunning kit.

I once walked into a sports shop in Woverhampton, and Budgie was in there, on his knees, boxing with an 8 year old (maybe his son).

He said hello to me as if he'd known me all his life...
Random irritations.. on 16:08 - Jan 23 with 2867 viewsBluce_Ree

And your thoughts on Jelly Babies?

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Random irritations.. on 16:24 - Jan 23 with 2835 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Was at the gym earlier and a right plum reminded me of a random irritation: blokes who admire themselves in the gym!

However, of all the gyms I've been in around the world, I've never seen anyone do what this bloke did. He went to a corner where two huge mirrors are at 90 degrees to each other, and then took his top off to spend a couple of minutes admiring himself.

The bellend had legs like matchsticks and has a bit to go before losing his Xmas timber. To round off his utter self-knobbery...the tvvat was wearing a baseball cap back to front too.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Random irritations.. on 16:36 - Jan 23 with 2804 viewsMick_S

Random irritations.. on 10:57 - Jan 23 by TheChef

7 year old me nearly supported Wolves due to this stunning kit.

A beautiful kit. I’ve noticed that the modern day version is going away from the Old Gold and that’s not a good thing. Had some great times in Wolverhampton.

Got to add - not one pair of silly boots on show, and I bet the keeper had number 1 on his shirt.
[Post edited 23 Jan 17:56]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Random irritations.. on 20:46 - Jan 23 with 2577 viewsizlingtonhoop

Random irritations.. on 16:36 - Jan 23 by Mick_S

A beautiful kit. I’ve noticed that the modern day version is going away from the Old Gold and that’s not a good thing. Had some great times in Wolverhampton.

Got to add - not one pair of silly boots on show, and I bet the keeper had number 1 on his shirt.
[Post edited 23 Jan 17:56]

I can assure you he did wear number 1. When he wasn't on his knees, shadow boxing 8 y olds (see above).
Random irritations.. on 14:10 - Jan 24 with 2191 viewsloftboy

Pricks on social media making parody accounts. Someone today with a very good impersonation of the offy saying we’ve signed Jessie Lyngard.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Random irritations.. on 17:43 - Jan 24 with 2126 viewsCateLeBonR

People who use the term ‘Vinyl Player’. It’s a fcking record player.
Login to get fewer ads

Random irritations.. on 20:10 - Jan 24 with 2056 viewsWatford_Ranger

Random irritations.. on 14:10 - Jan 24 by loftboy

Pricks on social media making parody accounts. Someone today with a very good impersonation of the offy saying we’ve signed Jessie Lyngard.

I guess the giveaway was that it was saying we’d signed Jesse Lingard.
Random irritations.. on 22:37 - Jan 24 with 1970 viewsDannyPaddox

Random irritations.. on 14:10 - Jan 24 by loftboy

If we signed him on a free he'd be Lyngyrd-Skynyrd.
[Post edited 24 Jan 23:06]
Random irritations.. on 23:35 - Jan 24 with 1918 viewsjohncharles

Why do people say absolutely instead of a simple yes. 10 letter word when 3 letter word is fine.
Makes you sound like a dick.
Are you going to the Crown and Sceptre after the match - Absolutely
Are Chelsea scum - Absolutely
Is it my round. - Absolutely
Are you a pretentious dick - Absolutely

Strong and stable my arse.

Random irritations.. on 07:59 - Jan 25 with 1810 viewsJuzzie

Random irritations.. on 23:35 - Jan 24 by johncharles

Why do people say absolutely instead of a simple yes. 10 letter word when 3 letter word is fine.
Makes you sound like a dick.
Are you going to the Crown and Sceptre after the match - Absolutely
Are Chelsea scum - Absolutely
Is it my round. - Absolutely
Are you a pretentious dick - Absolutely

One of my favourite ever ads

Random irritations.. on 08:49 - Jan 25 with 1770 viewshubble

Random irritations.. on 16:24 - Jan 23 by PlanetHonneywood

Was at the gym earlier and a right plum reminded me of a random irritation: blokes who admire themselves in the gym!

However, of all the gyms I've been in around the world, I've never seen anyone do what this bloke did. He went to a corner where two huge mirrors are at 90 degrees to each other, and then took his top off to spend a couple of minutes admiring himself.

The bellend had legs like matchsticks and has a bit to go before losing his Xmas timber. To round off his utter self-knobbery...the tvvat was wearing a baseball cap back to front too.

Of all the gym joints in all the towns in all the world, he had to walk into mine.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Random irritations.. on 09:00 - Jan 25 with 1756 viewsBluce_Ree

Random irritations.. on 17:43 - Jan 24 by CateLeBonR

People who use the term ‘Vinyl Player’. It’s a fcking record player.

To be honest, all of vinyl culture is a bit weird.

I remember playing records. They were shit. Apart from the sleeves themselves, it was a shit format. The pop and crackle of dust on the needle might be nostalgic but don't tell me that sounds better. And the risk of scratching them was ever-present.

I've got a couple of mates who are bang into it all and while they might claim that they sit there, old school style, listening to a complete album you know the whole thing is just another excuse to collect something.

I know it might not have the same soul to it but I'd rather just tell Alexa to play whatever tune from a near infinite list than have to fanny about with physical media from the 70s. Sure streamed music might be compressed in some way but guess what, you've not got pro-level hearing. If you can make out the bass, drums, guitar and whatever, then that's basically it. Everything after that is like trading out your 4k TV for an 8k one. It's not a quality issue, it's a too much money one.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Random irritations.. on 10:24 - Jan 25 with 1694 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm with you, Bluce.

The motto for the vinyl revival seems to be "Music was better when it sounded shít".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Random irritations.. on 10:41 - Jan 25 with 1684 viewshubble

I'm not with you and Bluce, Brian!

I think there's nothing like the full analogue experience of vinyl, and if you can't tell the difference, there's something wrong with your hearing!

Random irritations.. on 10:49 - Jan 25 with 1668 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Random irritations.. on 10:41 - Jan 25 by hubble

I think there's nothing like the full analogue experience of vinyl, and if you can't tell the difference, there's something wrong with your hearing!

I'm slightly winding up, tbh.

I can tell the difference. I just love the clarity as opposed to the atmospheric crackles/scratches etc.

Best mate lives in Dublin and hosts his own vinyl night in his local pub. It's a good night, but wow! is it nerdy!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Random irritations.. on 11:02 - Jan 25 with 1659 viewsSonic_Hoop

Random irritations.. on 10:41 - Jan 25 by hubble

It's a different sound definitely, how good it is really is dependent on the equipment you're listening to it on. Also, it's not just technology that can improve the experience, there are chemical enhancements that shouldn't be overlooked.

I know a few hi-fi nerds so I've experienced quite a few expensive setups and can tell the difference even with my aged hearing.
Random irritations.. on 11:06 - Jan 25 with 1652 viewshubble

Of course you need to look after your vinyl, but it's actually really easy to deep clean it. And then it sounds wonderful. I actually prefer the odd snap, crackle or pop compared to the weirdly ultra clean sound of digital, which, let's face it, can never rival analogue, because it does not and cannot include the full ambient sound.

And in my book, nerdy equals cool!

Random irritations.. on 11:08 - Jan 25 with 1650 viewsJuzzie

I don't get it either but it's keeping me in a job (albeit it's burning me out at the same time).

I think if you have the right set up it sounds great but I have two kids, a cat and a 7 month old batshit crazy yorkshire terrier.
No way am I setting up all that kind of kit at home. So, Alexa, my pair of Sonos One speakers in my office room and a Tannoy Soundbase I can bluetooth from in the living room does me fine. No LP or CD player, no amps, no wires all over the place.
Probably the same for the vast majority of music listeners.

Vinyl is stll a niche market. I could be working on a project for 3 months then when we come to place the manufacturing order, it's "1,200 copies please".
That's it? And that's not just for the UK (UK could take 500), that's globally.
1,200 copies for months of (usually aggravated) work and that's one LP, I'm currently working on around 70 LP formats at the moment.

[Post edited 25 Jan 11:12]
Random irritations.. on 11:31 - Jan 25 with 1598 viewsizlingtonhoop

Random irritations.. on 10:24 - Jan 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm with you, Bluce.

The motto for the vinyl revival seems to be "Music was better when it sounded shít".

It almost certainly was.

The link may not be causal tho...

Edit:

I'm just sitting watching flowers in the rain...

Hit me with it, Tony
[Post edited 25 Jan 11:37]
Random irritations.. on 11:53 - Jan 25 with 1545 viewsMrSheen

Random irritations.. on 11:08 - Jan 25 by Juzzie

I don't get it either but it's keeping me in a job (albeit it's burning me out at the same time).

I think if you have the right set up it sounds great but I have two kids, a cat and a 7 month old batshit crazy yorkshire terrier.
No way am I setting up all that kind of kit at home. So, Alexa, my pair of Sonos One speakers in my office room and a Tannoy Soundbase I can bluetooth from in the living room does me fine. No LP or CD player, no amps, no wires all over the place.
Probably the same for the vast majority of music listeners.

Vinyl is stll a niche market. I could be working on a project for 3 months then when we come to place the manufacturing order, it's "1,200 copies please".
That's it? And that's not just for the UK (UK could take 500), that's globally.
1,200 copies for months of (usually aggravated) work and that's one LP, I'm currently working on around 70 LP formats at the moment.

[Post edited 25 Jan 11:12]

Minority issue on here, but I became interested in classical music well after the decline of vinyl and I can't imagine picking up the habit. Decca have reissued Wagner's "SIegfried" from their famous Solti Ring Cycle on vinyl, 5 discs, £129 to you, squire, or ten trips to the turntable over nearly four hours. I'll stick to Idagio.
Random irritations.. on 13:35 - Jan 25 with 1460 viewsPunteR

Random irritations.. on 11:53 - Jan 25 by MrSheen

Minority issue on here, but I became interested in classical music well after the decline of vinyl and I can't imagine picking up the habit. Decca have reissued Wagner's "SIegfried" from their famous Solti Ring Cycle on vinyl, 5 discs, £129 to you, squire, or ten trips to the turntable over nearly four hours. I'll stick to Idagio.

Random irritation - Digital music and it's 30 000 tunes released every week. Yeh I've got the time to sift through all that!. About 4 of them are good.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Random irritations.. on 13:37 - Jan 25 with 1444 viewsJuzzie

Random irritations.. on 11:53 - Jan 25 by MrSheen

I look after Decca Though I didn't do those box sets.
Random irritations.. on 14:35 - Jan 25 with 1377 viewsSonofpugwash

TV adverts now descibing anyone over 50 as "senior".What's this Logan's Run all of a sudden?

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024