Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. 10:22 - Jul 9 with 4476 viewsSpiritofGregory

I've heard that the FA have published a report on why England failed at the world cup.

Why publish a report just copy the German model.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 10:24 - Jul 9 with 3195 viewsTheBlob

And if Germany don't win it?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 10:32 - Jul 9 with 3180 viewsSpiritofGregory

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 10:24 - Jul 9 by TheBlob

And if Germany don't win it?

Still follow their model, their team and methods are far superior. They have a top international team and a strong domestic league.

The FA don't want to change things because the Premier League pulls in so much money - time to boycott England international games and merchandise.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 10:33 - Jul 9 with 3175 viewspaulparker

you seriously think the FA will do anything
their answer is to have a poxy B league as their too spineless to stand up to the Monster that is the Premier League and get down to the real issues , the Fa are of no use to man or beast
also its down to the players & Hodgson , what did they do when they were knocked out
get on the 1st plane to Las Vegas, Ibiza, to smoke cigars and hang around with birds from Towie , those Kunts and Hodgson should have been made to stay and train in Brazil for another 2 weeks as a TEAM (feck me they need it) , or go to games live & see how the other teams do it ,
of course they wont do that because they don't give a sh*t they cant even be arsed to sing the National Anthem, don't worry they will all be refreshed to start the Premier League season while giving interviews in the papers about their "WORLD CUP" heartache

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 10:39 - Jul 9 with 3150 viewsted_hendrix

*I've heard that the FA have published a report on why England failed at the world cup.*

I've also written a report on why England failed at the World cup, It goes something like this; "Were Shit"

Bet my report don't get published.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 10:41 - Jul 9 with 3141 viewsdaveB

Page 1 - we made mistakes at the back and didn't take our chances

Page 2 - The End
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 10:44 - Jul 9 with 3135 viewsQPR_John

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 10:33 - Jul 9 by paulparker

you seriously think the FA will do anything
their answer is to have a poxy B league as their too spineless to stand up to the Monster that is the Premier League and get down to the real issues , the Fa are of no use to man or beast
also its down to the players & Hodgson , what did they do when they were knocked out
get on the 1st plane to Las Vegas, Ibiza, to smoke cigars and hang around with birds from Towie , those Kunts and Hodgson should have been made to stay and train in Brazil for another 2 weeks as a TEAM (feck me they need it) , or go to games live & see how the other teams do it ,
of course they wont do that because they don't give a sh*t they cant even be arsed to sing the National Anthem, don't worry they will all be refreshed to start the Premier League season while giving interviews in the papers about their "WORLD CUP" heartache

"National Anthem, don't worry they will all be refreshed to start the Premier League season while giving interviews in the papers about their "WORLD CUP" heartache "

Is that not the problem the media. Does not matter what has been said about their performance in Brazil we will soon be hearing stories about how Rooney is world class, "Stevie G" (I really hate that phrase ) must stay on for the Euros to show the young players how it is done and I would not be surprised to hear request to bring Ashley Cole and Lampard back. We never pick a team but players the media have decided to showcase and hope they form a team.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 11:02 - Jul 9 with 3086 viewsdaveB

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 10:44 - Jul 9 by QPR_John

"National Anthem, don't worry they will all be refreshed to start the Premier League season while giving interviews in the papers about their "WORLD CUP" heartache "

Is that not the problem the media. Does not matter what has been said about their performance in Brazil we will soon be hearing stories about how Rooney is world class, "Stevie G" (I really hate that phrase ) must stay on for the Euros to show the young players how it is done and I would not be surprised to hear request to bring Ashley Cole and Lampard back. We never pick a team but players the media have decided to showcase and hope they form a team.

bang on, this and every World Cup shows the best teams always do well from Costa Rica to Germany. The Germans not scared to leave out big names to form a better team, Spain did the same leaving out Fabregas in previous tournaments, we'd have played him on the wing as he is world class and has to play.

It's been the same for over 50 years with England, the only time we got it was in 1966 and nhave rarley repeated that plan again only briefly under Venables when he left out Ferdinand, Le Tissier, Ian Wright and Fowler to play a stronger team.

We'll never learn, next England game will all be the media and us fans screaming for certain players to play and if they don't the manager gets slated.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 11:10 - Jul 9 with 3075 viewspaulparker

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 10:44 - Jul 9 by QPR_John

Agree about the media John, they have brainwashed people into believing that this world cup didn't matter & that its a learning curve for 2 years time
utter drivel
The Players and Premier League are in charge and if the players could be ar sed then they may perform to a decent standard, they cant , they think they know it all,
and this is where roy needs to grow a pair and start dropping favourites
Gerrard,
Lampard
Johnson
Jagielka
Smalling
Jones
will do for starters , Clyne , Curtis Davies, Stones, Huddlestone, Barkley
all need to be picked in the squad and even start for the Qualifiers,

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 11:18 - Jul 9 with 3060 viewsDiscodroid

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 11:10 - Jul 9 by paulparker

Agree about the media John, they have brainwashed people into believing that this world cup didn't matter & that its a learning curve for 2 years time
utter drivel
The Players and Premier League are in charge and if the players could be ar sed then they may perform to a decent standard, they cant , they think they know it all,
and this is where roy needs to grow a pair and start dropping favourites
Gerrard,
Lampard
Johnson
Jagielka
Smalling
Jones
will do for starters , Clyne , Curtis Davies, Stones, Huddlestone, Barkley
all need to be picked in the squad and even start for the Qualifiers,

if i ever see hans peter leighton baines 'the tank ' briegel in an england shirt again, im strapping aa batteries, fertiliser ,dry ice and a fuse about my person and walking into the evening standard and going out in style.

Anyone got any further news on FGM ???, All on tenterhooks here in the office.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2014 11:18]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 11:54 - Jul 9 with 3003 viewssaxbend

The Bundesliga today is what the Football League would have been if the Premier League had never formed, and the resulting German national team could easily have been England. Their fans pay very reasonable prices to watch a very competitive and unpredictable league with safe standing, a very good standard of football, bugger all interference from Broadcasters, minimal hooliganism and players who largely have their heads screwed on at all times.

If Greg Dyke wants to make a quick change to help the England team he could just axe the Premier League and tell Sky what to go and do with themselves.

Of course the National team needn't be the measure of a country's footballing status. The fact that we have 92 professional clubs with decent attendance all the way down to the bottom of league two should be what we have to be proud of. It always used to be. The large number of teams with decent support is why the FA Cup was always so popular in other countries.

Re-establishing our large competitive and well-attended football league should be the priority for England, and if I were in charge I would have the balls to walk away from FIFA and UEFA as well, but then Germany haven't had to do that at least. Yet.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 12:20 - Jul 9 with 2945 viewsN12Hoop

Even before the Prem League English football was the most worldwide watched football league and that was way before half the Brazil team played for Scum.
Whereas the Bundesliga has always been a quality league it just gets on with it in the background without all the razzmatazz and that has enabled them to keep developing quality players who get to play first team football at the highest level.
I remember watching German football when Sky first started and being impressed with the quality. All the money though has flooded into England because our league is the one everyone wants to watch and that's been a double edged sword, giving us a fairly exciting league but at the expense of the national team.
If the price to pay is the demise of the national team, that only bothers us for a couple of weeks every 2 years. For most of us we aren't that fussed so long as our club are doing ok and we'd take Bobby Z's 90th minute winner over World Cup success every time.

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 12:21 - Jul 9 with 2945 viewsBluce_Ree

Ugh.

Firstly can we all just take a breath from sucking off Germans? F**k them. I hope they lose in the final.

Anyway, yes. They are much better at football than us and all that. We could revamp our entire league system, yes. We could build academies everywhere and insist that every professional match has a bunch of homegrown young'uns in there. We could put foreign player limits in.

We could do all that. But why should we? So that England go a round or two further each tournament? Why on Earth would we want to do that?

Listen, I'd love it if England were good but that's such a small part of football for me. Yeah it'd be nice but f**k it, I'll take QPR being in the Prem with all the money, drama, nonsense, rubbishness, primadonna Chelsea c**ts, foreign players and everything else and once every two years I'll tut a bit because England are bollocks.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 12:31 - Jul 9 with 2922 viewsTheBlob

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 10:32 - Jul 9 by SpiritofGregory

Still follow their model, their team and methods are far superior. They have a top international team and a strong domestic league.

The FA don't want to change things because the Premier League pulls in so much money - time to boycott England international games and merchandise.

Actually I hope they don't win it.

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 12:40 - Jul 9 with 2905 viewsjonno

The only thing "world class" about Rooney is the obscene amount of money he is paid.
In world football he's third rate, like the rest of the English players. They don't give a monkeys about playing for England - why should they? They've all been massively overpaid since they were teenagers and won't put in the effort for the national team because they simply don't need to.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 12:56 - Jul 9 with 2879 viewstimcocking

Please God Holland win
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 13:00 - Jul 9 with 2872 viewsDANRANGER

We can't just copy the latest success story, 4 years ago it was Spain and passing the ball 2 yards to each other. The Premier League doesn't give a sh*t about the England team and neither do the clubs involved in it. The FA'S of Spain /Germany have worked with the clubs and youth teams and put in a system to give their players every chance of succeeding. It will never happen over here unless they find a system that suits us and everyone who matters is on board.

The successful clubs in Spain/Germany (Real aside) are predominantly made up of home grown players but due to revenue our big clubs are afraid to take this chance. I believe we do have enough talent but the infrastructure isn't there to help them succeed. We are too quick to elevate individual players who do well instead of building teams at youth level and bringing them through as a group like Germany have done. Another issue is the ridiculous transfer fees for British players leading to clubs buying cheaper foreign alternatives. This will run and run and same conversation will be had in 2 / 4 years time.

As for QPR, If Caulker/Ferdinand sign then we could start with a minimum of 7 English players in our 1st team that I'd be happy to see.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 13:24 - Jul 9 with 2837 viewswillis1980

anyone think england may have missed a trick by letting matt phillips choose scotland, i reckon he might end up some player
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 13:33 - Jul 9 with 2823 viewsClive_Anderson

Why do we expect England to be good relative to other countries anyway?

In the past it was due to having a very strong domestic league, but now the best foreign players from smaller countries usually play in one of the top leagues in Europe anyway, so our players don't have that advantage over them anymore. Plus less young english players get the games at the top level apart from a very select few.

The only other way to gain an advantage is in player professionalism and coaching methods and I'd say english players are quite far down the list on that scale as well.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 14:18 - Jul 9 with 2770 viewsdaveB

plenty of ways English players can improve, working abroad is one option rather than be happy to sit in the reserves or under 21 team go and play in other countries like most players from every other country do, same with coaches. Just doing that and having players work with different coaches and under different styles would instantly improve players.

Tough side is though that we throw stupid money at 16/17 year olds who have done nothing then wonder why at 19 when they have already banked a million quid that they don't care if they improve or not.

So much to do to improve English football but it will never be done
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 14:21 - Jul 9 with 2767 viewsAntti_Heinola

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 11:54 - Jul 9 by saxbend

The Bundesliga today is what the Football League would have been if the Premier League had never formed, and the resulting German national team could easily have been England. Their fans pay very reasonable prices to watch a very competitive and unpredictable league with safe standing, a very good standard of football, bugger all interference from Broadcasters, minimal hooliganism and players who largely have their heads screwed on at all times.

If Greg Dyke wants to make a quick change to help the England team he could just axe the Premier League and tell Sky what to go and do with themselves.

Of course the National team needn't be the measure of a country's footballing status. The fact that we have 92 professional clubs with decent attendance all the way down to the bottom of league two should be what we have to be proud of. It always used to be. The large number of teams with decent support is why the FA Cup was always so popular in other countries.

Re-establishing our large competitive and well-attended football league should be the priority for England, and if I were in charge I would have the balls to walk away from FIFA and UEFA as well, but then Germany haven't had to do that at least. Yet.

I'd love to know how you think Dyke can 'just axe the Premier League'. And we had a football league that saw us fail to qualify in 74 and 78. Even in 1990 we only played well in one game.
FL attendances are well up on what they were in the 80s, so don't see the issue there.
And what exactly would happen if England walked away from UEFA and FIFA? So no internationals and no european competitions. How's that going to help?
What a weird post.

Bare bones.

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 15:04 - Jul 9 with 2731 viewsTheBlob

If Britain(what's left of it) decides to pull out of EU then European players would be classified as other foreign players and would have to seek a work permit?Just something else to consider.

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 15:43 - Jul 9 with 2684 viewssaxbend

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 14:21 - Jul 9 by Antti_Heinola

I'd love to know how you think Dyke can 'just axe the Premier League'. And we had a football league that saw us fail to qualify in 74 and 78. Even in 1990 we only played well in one game.
FL attendances are well up on what they were in the 80s, so don't see the issue there.
And what exactly would happen if England walked away from UEFA and FIFA? So no internationals and no european competitions. How's that going to help?
What a weird post.

I don't believe he or anyone could. Pandora's box is well and truly open now. But this is what I will come back to whenever he or any other FA twit comes up with some new way of further destroying English club football under the guise of some magic fix in order to get the England team to do better. The point is that it's not the national team that matters most. It's the week in week out club competition that real fans enjoy for ten months of every year.
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 15:53 - Jul 9 with 2663 viewsAntti_Heinola

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 15:43 - Jul 9 by saxbend

I don't believe he or anyone could. Pandora's box is well and truly open now. But this is what I will come back to whenever he or any other FA twit comes up with some new way of further destroying English club football under the guise of some magic fix in order to get the England team to do better. The point is that it's not the national team that matters most. It's the week in week out club competition that real fans enjoy for ten months of every year.

Well, you're missing the point a bit Saxbend. A healthy league system with effective youth academies would help the England team. It's not an either/or. I loathed the idea of the B-Team nonsense as much as anyone, but I'm not sure how just disbanding the PL (an impossibility anyway and Dyke has absolutely no jurisdiction over the PL) would help. What's needed - for the health of the domestic and the international game is some serious thought as to how our young players can get better competitive football at a younger age, rather than rotting away in the vast swill of the big clubs' reserve pool.

Bare bones.

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 16:13 - Jul 9 with 2642 viewsizlingtonhoop

I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 14:21 - Jul 9 by Antti_Heinola

What a weird post.

"Even in 1990 we only played well in one game."

And we lost that! (AET and pens)

And people forgot that almost immediately, and the myth of Robson the genius manager was born. The only game we won (in 90 mins) was after getting rid of Robson was finally forced on him.
[Post edited 9 Jul 2014 17:32]
I hope Germany win the world cup and show the FA how it's done. on 16:23 - Jul 9 with 2630 viewsTacticalR

What a weird post.

Dyke is hardly likely to axe the league that he boasts that he dreamed up.

No, much easier to focus on extending the influence of the Premier League even further by destroying teams in the Football League, and telling people England are going to win the World Cup in 2022.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024