Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? 10:00 - Jul 10 with 4979 viewsEltham_Ranger

Green; Simpson, Onuoha, Dunne, Yun; Phillips, Barton, Henry, Faurlin, Hoilett; Austin. Personally that's exactly what I want to see. The biggest shame for me last time in the premier league was that Kenny; Orr, Connelly, Gorkks, Hill; Derry, Faurlin; Routledge, Taarabt, Smith; Helguson never got the chance. Discuss.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 10:21 - Jul 10 with 4061 viewsRangersw12

The fact is we don't need wholesale changes so if we make a couple of additions and keep that squad together then I will be happy
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 10:53 - Jul 10 with 3988 viewsbeeeater

Agree. When we went up last time Warnock came out and said the side wasn't good enough. And added last minute buys. Didn't do anything for the teams moral
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 11:06 - Jul 10 with 3950 viewsQPR_John

Where are the goals going to come from in that team, we hardly set goal scoring records in the Championship
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 11:08 - Jul 10 with 3945 viewsEltham_Ranger

Signings wise if we're selling Taarabt, Remy, Granero and Cesar then I hope we get a striker, a centre back and a creative player. I'm hoping Green, O'Neil and Zamora all sign contracts.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 11:16 - Jul 10 with 3916 viewsdaveB

I think that team would go straight back down sadly, we don't need wholesale changes but do need 4 or 5 players to improve the team and the squad
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 11:19 - Jul 10 with 3907 viewssimmo

Said it already but for me, Green, Simpson, Onouha, Yun, Barton, Faurlin, Hoilett, Phillips and Austin should all be in the starting 11 against Hull. Meaning we need another 1st team CM and CB, then another 4-5 players as part of the squad, including 2 strikers, another CM and a another winger/attacker.

GK - Green, Murphy
RB - SImpson, Harriman
CB - Onouha, NEW, Dunne, Ehmer, Hill
LB - YSY, Traore, Hill
CM - Barton, Faurlin, New, Henry, Sutherland
RM - Hoilett, Phillips, SWP
CAM - Hoilett, Phillips, New
LM - Hoilett, Traore
ST - Austin, New, New

Think that's 23, so room for a few more, possibly loans.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 11:21 - Jul 10 with 3899 viewsEltham_Ranger

Sensible post simmo. I agree with you.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 11:33 - Jul 10 with 3882 viewsfrancisbowles

What about fourteen other squad players? Traore, Hill, Murphy, SWP (sorry), now I am struggling with only those that are 'misfits', young, relatively untried or injured. Btw. Green hasn't signed yet.

So we only have 14 signed including SWP! We have got Cesar, Tarabt, Remy, Granero, Diakite under contract but likely to leave.

Much squad building still to be done.
Login to get fewer ads

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 11:39 - Jul 10 with 3873 views08olesen

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 11:19 - Jul 10 by simmo

Said it already but for me, Green, Simpson, Onouha, Yun, Barton, Faurlin, Hoilett, Phillips and Austin should all be in the starting 11 against Hull. Meaning we need another 1st team CM and CB, then another 4-5 players as part of the squad, including 2 strikers, another CM and a another winger/attacker.

GK - Green, Murphy
RB - SImpson, Harriman
LB - YSY, Traore, Hill
LM - Hoilett, Traore
ST - Austin, New, New

no way we can have Harriman starting if anything happens to Simpson. Not that i dont value a QPR youngster, but he hasnt even played championship level yet! I know we dont have an alternative but surly we could bring in someone on loan like Wisdom, Kelly, Boyata(mainly a CB though)

I would have at least 2 for each position too.
GK: Green Murphy
RB: Simpson, Wisdom
CB: Caulker, Ferdinand
CB: Ned, Dunne
LB: Yun, Hill(dodgy at LB though), Bidwell
LM: Phillips, Traore
CM: Barton, Henry, Foreshaw
CM: Faurlin, Diakite(unpopular choice i feel)
RM: Hoilet, Piazon (loan)
ST: Austin, Sigthorson, Zamora, May

Therefore adding Sigthorson, May, Foreshaw, Wisdom, Piazon, Bidwell, and the 2 CBs.

That gives us depth all over.

Poll: Who will the other play off

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 12:02 - Jul 10 with 3848 viewsHunterhoop

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 11:19 - Jul 10 by simmo

GK - Green, Murphy
RB - SImpson, Harriman
LB - YSY, Traore, Hill
LM - Hoilett, Traore
ST - Austin, New, New

Completely agree, simmo.

That is the RIGHT thing to do and the RIGHT approach.

This isn't Champo. This is real money. We should have a way of operating that is broadly sensible and something we can continue with.

If we go down straight away, but are much better placed as a club and financially (because we kept our powder clean) to come up again stronger, that's no bad thing.

The worst thing is to go out and do what we did last time, signing loads of players because "the promotion side isn't good enough" only to go down anyway, having wasted loads of cash.

Small, specific, targeting investment in the playing squad, exactly as you prescribe. Thos eplayers you name should start. Harriman is fine as a back up.

We're a small-medium sized football club. We're not Arsenal. We need to try and make what we have work rather than always buying on the assumption it will work better.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 12:07 - Jul 10 with 3842 viewsdaveB

central midfield looks very weak to me I can see a lot of changes made in that area
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 12:16 - Jul 10 with 3822 viewsHunterhoop

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 12:07 - Jul 10 by daveB

central midfield looks very weak to me I can see a lot of changes made in that area

weak compared to Arsenal, City, Liverpool, et al.

Not so weak compared to Burnely, Villa, WBA, Leicester.

And add, one good CM, as we're saying (Holtby would be ace!) and we're suddenly looking much stronger.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 12:26 - Jul 10 with 3803 viewsEltham_Ranger

I don't buy this 'not a premier league player' rubbish. Apparently Hill, Derry, Mackie and Helguson could never cut it. Hill had the most QPR appearances in our two premier league seasons and Mackie scored 9 goals in two seasons and Helguson scored 8 in one season. When I look at Palace last season I see the solution isn't adding loads of players it's the way they are prepared and the way they get along. Team spirit and preperation is what we need. If we sign more than 5 or 6 it would show we haven't learnt a thing. We don't need 23 first team players for 38 games. For example Danny Simpson will play at least 30 games baring a serious injury, so Harriman could then play 8. Why not? Last season Liverpool (who came 2nd) only started 18 players in 10 or more premier league games.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 12:34 - Jul 10 with 3786 viewssimmo

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 12:02 - Jul 10 by Hunterhoop

Completely agree, simmo.

That is the RIGHT thing to do and the RIGHT approach.

This isn't Champo. This is real money. We should have a way of operating that is broadly sensible and something we can continue with.

If we go down straight away, but are much better placed as a club and financially (because we kept our powder clean) to come up again stronger, that's no bad thing.

The worst thing is to go out and do what we did last time, signing loads of players because "the promotion side isn't good enough" only to go down anyway, having wasted loads of cash.

Small, specific, targeting investment in the playing squad, exactly as you prescribe. Thos eplayers you name should start. Harriman is fine as a back up.

We're a small-medium sized football club. We're not Arsenal. We need to try and make what we have work rather than always buying on the assumption it will work better.

'If we go down straight away, but are much better placed as a club and financially (because we kept our powder clean) to come up again stronger, that's no bad thing.

The worst thing is to go out and do what we did last time, signing loads of players because "the promotion side isn't good enough" only to go down anyway, having wasted loads of cash. '

This is the part, for me, that is most important to keep in mind and something nobody seems to agree with. Not 'surviving' at this stage is not the end of the world just because Sky have decided the Premiership is the greatest thing on the world and the 'FL72' lot are just a group of teams that wish they were 'EPL'. We can go down again, if that's what the league dictates, but do so with our integrity, sprit and a good core of players intact. Allowing us to go again, but this time from a stronger position both financially and physically. Improve everything in the club from top to bottom, little by little, and try and bloody win things.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 18:11 - Jul 10 with 3660 viewsterryb

GK - Green, Murphy
RB - SImpson, Harriman
LB - YSY, Traore, Hill
LM - Hoilett, Traore
ST - Austin, New, New

Looks quite reasonable to me simmo, although I might have doubts baout SWP being included!

I would love to see the eight of the nine players you mentioned playing against Hull. Unconvinced about Junior, but I have no objections to him being given a chance.

If they turn out not to be good enough, so be it. A few additions like Holtby (hopefully) would give us a real chance of staying up & be a side we can fully behind.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 18:28 - Jul 10 with 3631 viewsbarbicanranger

Agree with a lot of this thread, we should only add players if they are right for us and can add to this squad and would see coming to us as a massive deal and would be prepared to stay with us if we went down and can help make us a solid proposition for promotion back to the PL if we went down. Look at Caulker jumping ship at cardiff, if we sign him he'll no doubt do the same if we go down.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 18:31 - Jul 10 with 3624 views08olesen

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 12:34 - Jul 10 by simmo

'If we go down straight away, but are much better placed as a club and financially (because we kept our powder clean) to come up again stronger, that's no bad thing.

The worst thing is to go out and do what we did last time, signing loads of players because "the promotion side isn't good enough" only to go down anyway, having wasted loads of cash. '

This is the part, for me, that is most important to keep in mind and something nobody seems to agree with. Not 'surviving' at this stage is not the end of the world just because Sky have decided the Premiership is the greatest thing on the world and the 'FL72' lot are just a group of teams that wish they were 'EPL'. We can go down again, if that's what the league dictates, but do so with our integrity, sprit and a good core of players intact. Allowing us to go again, but this time from a stronger position both financially and physically. Improve everything in the club from top to bottom, little by little, and try and bloody win things.

I disagree, i think going down would be a huge issue.

This club needs stability in order to build the infrastructure it needs. We are the only club a part from Spurs not to have brought anyone in, and whilst i agree we should be tentative and make sure we get the right people, we need to make sure that we are not being slow out of fear, because that leads to us missing out on key players who could make the difference and leaves you with the likes of Gabbidon, like our previous experience in the prem.

Poll: Who will the other play off

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 18:49 - Jul 10 with 3609 viewsWestonsuperR

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 10:53 - Jul 10 by beeeater

Agree. When we went up last time Warnock came out and said the side wasn't good enough. And added last minute buys. Didn't do anything for the teams moral

I was frustrated at so many changes when we last got promoted and felt the players that won the league the season before deserved more of a chance. I have a different opinion this time and feel we need a minimum of 5 good signings to reasonable chance of survival.

The difference is that the team 3 seasons ago won the Championship and was free scoring. Last season was dire, regularly poor football from a team that let's be honest was lucky to get promoted. I believe we played very well (could say Prem standard) in just a handful of matches last season where as in our title winning season if say we played very well in roughly half of our games.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 19:14 - Jul 10 with 3578 viewsDylanP

Its a totally different situation from last time we were promoted. Last time we went up, we were Champions having romped through the season as the undeniably best team in the Championship. Under those circumstances, there was good reason to think that most of the team would be good enough. However, as we all know, that is not what happened: we got star-struck, splashed silly money on anyone not already nailed down, ending in disaster. Hopefully, we can be a bit more sensible this time. Two new players in defense, two new strikers and one new midfielder is all that is needed.

Position by position:

Goalie: Green, Cesar, and Murphy. That is one more #1 goalie than we really need, so we are fine in that position.

Defense: Simpson (RB), Onuoha (CB), TRANSFER (CB), Yun/Traore (LB) , with Hill and Dunne as back-up CBs. We probably need a back-up RB, although Onuoha can play out there if necessary.

Midfield: Phillips (RW), Barton (CM), Taarabt (CM), Hoilett (LW) , with Henry as a back-up CM. There is not a lot of depth in midfield and the form and fitness of both wingers has to be considered somewhat suspect.

Attack: Austin, Remy, TRANSFER. We have Zamora, but we probably need at least one other back-up.

So that is 5 new players and Taarabt and Remy coming back and fitting in. It appears unlikely that Taarabt and Remy will come back and be model professionals, but Barton did and he was much more "estranged" from the club and supporters, so anything is possible. From the more credible rumors that are going around I would say this is pretty much 'arry's plan form the close season.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 19:34 - Jul 10 with 3561 viewsbaz_qpr

I honestly believe that the 2011 promotion team would stuff the 2014 one. We have very little strength in depth and we were reliant on loan players who are no longer with us to get us over the line.

If there is one lesson about the premiership its that strikers / goalscorers make a huge difference, far less chances, far less defensive mistakes. Think Norwich and Holt, Swansea and Michu, Southampton and Lambert. Its an awful lot to put on the rather dodgy shoulders of one forward. so IMHO we need forwards, mobility in midfield, some creativity / wingers that can create to have a hope of not going down big time
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 23:31 - Jul 10 with 3480 viewsbarbicanranger

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 18:49 - Jul 10 by WestonsuperR

I was frustrated at so many changes when we last got promoted and felt the players that won the league the season before deserved more of a chance. I have a different opinion this time and feel we need a minimum of 5 good signings to reasonable chance of survival.

The difference is that the team 3 seasons ago won the Championship and was free scoring. Last season was dire, regularly poor football from a team that let's be honest was lucky to get promoted. I believe we played very well (could say Prem standard) in just a handful of matches last season where as in our title winning season if say we played very well in roughly half of our games.

Do you not think the fact that we were the relegated premier league club made a difference last season? - sides coming to loftus road to park the bus and away games being a bigger deal for the home side. Whereas the year we went up we had the surprise factor - it's only Qpr with a mediocre lineup, sit on adel and they will go off the rails sooner or later.

I actually think our squad is much stronger this time and better prepared for the premier league. Sure, I think we need some additions like Simmo points out but if we didnt make any because the right players at the right price werent available I wouldn't be massively disappointed.
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 00:32 - Jul 11 with 3434 viewsFDC

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 12:34 - Jul 10 by simmo

This and what Hunter hoop said so much
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 06:58 - Jul 11 with 3355 viewshoops_legend

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 00:32 - Jul 11 by FDC

This and what Hunter hoop said so much

Please remember guys that we have old 'arry as our manager so expect a. And qpr as a club love to add layer upon layer of players so considering that - miniumum of 8 new signings will be made! Sorry but its true. Qpr haven't ever looked at what they have and gone - we'll work with that, just constant knee jerk reactions.

Also if you think harriman et al will even be close to playing think again. - 'arry didn't trust them last season - there is not a hope in hell he will this year
How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 07:57 - Jul 11 with 3324 viewsLowerloftLad

I would continue the mass clear out myself bring the wages down even more bobby,remy,dikite,cesar.granero,adel then. BRing in 5 players on half the wages 2 strikers 1 midfielder 2 defenders

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

How would you feel if last seasons team played next season? on 09:17 - Jul 11 with 3295 viewsTearsOfaClown

very happy - as I might recognise some of the team for a change.

At my age I am fed up of trying to learn a new squad every season.

I support the hooped shirt but get lost on the ever changing contents.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024