Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PAOK match 12:58 - Aug 9 with 12985 viewsRblock_James

Anyone else bothering with this one?

Hoping for a fairly competitive game.

Any idea if they'll be many PAOK fans going?
PAOK match on 16:39 - Aug 9 with 3263 viewsMatch82

PAOK match on 16:36 - Aug 9 by 08olesen

How many of us thought we would be better than this by the start of the season?

Completely understand not judging pre season games, but isn't this meant to be a dress rehearsal for next week. We seemed to have carried on the same problems from last year, we need to add to some energy all over. With a couple good signings i think we will be fine though.

I hope this is constructive criticism though because i know many on here dont like to question a performance but at the same time we need to improve a lot before next week.

I think we've generally looked solid defensively and a little out of ideas going forward.
I'd rather it was that way around than the alternative, so I'm not concerned at this point.
PAOK match on 16:42 - Aug 9 with 3230 viewsBklynRanger

From the half I've seen, we already knew we needed a bit more in the middle and especially up front.

I'm more worried about the IT dept at this point.
PAOK match on 16:53 - Aug 9 with 3046 viewsBklynRanger

Well done the bubbles.

Charlie should've scored at the end. Suppose we can put it down to a reluctance to get concussed in a preseason friendly.
PAOK match on 16:57 - Aug 9 with 2991 viewsbosh67

Definitely need more options up front and a plan for when we get over the half way line. PAOK were good and I would rather we play in a game where we lose and get worked than stroll around against a poor team and score a few, thinking we are all that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

PAOK match on 17:04 - Aug 9 with 2931 viewsCFW

PAOK match on 16:36 - Aug 9 by 08olesen

How many of us thought we would be better than this by the start of the season?

Completely understand not judging pre season games, but isn't this meant to be a dress rehearsal for next week. We seemed to have carried on the same problems from last year, we need to add to some energy all over. With a couple good signings i think we will be fine though.

I hope this is constructive criticism though because i know many on here dont like to question a performance but at the same time we need to improve a lot before next week.

I did in all honesty. First half already posted my thoughts so wont repeat but Clint (bless him) is no premier league player I am sorry to say and Phillips is wasted as a full/wing back.

Just wish we had someone who could put their foot on the ball and calm things down along with the ability to create chances. Once again hardly had a shot on goal. We are in need of a creative midfield player along with a ball winner to go with two strikers.

I understand Remy not playing today but that situation needs resolving big time.

We could have lost three nil if you take chances they missed but all of them were down to mistakes or giving the ball away to easily.
PAOK match on 18:00 - Aug 9 with 2693 viewswestolian

Of course, it's always possible that the Remy / CF and creative central midfield situations have / are being resolved

It's just the club deem it best to keep their cards close to their chests for a change

Quite refreshing really

I've found a team sheet for the weekend - anyone interested ?

PAOK match on 18:22 - Aug 9 with 2586 viewsRANGERS4EVER

PAOK match on 18:00 - Aug 9 by westolian

Of course, it's always possible that the Remy / CF and creative central midfield situations have / are being resolved

It's just the club deem it best to keep their cards close to their chests for a change

Quite refreshing really

Sounds like Remy might stay, Harry speaking good words of him after the game, saying he is training hard and might even start next week

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

PAOK match on 18:35 - Aug 9 with 2532 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yes, it's a fool's errand to read anything into friendly games barring the most vague of thoughts. Although you could argue it's a dress rehearsal, you also don't want players getting injured either.
Remy staying, if he does, would be a huge boost, but can't help thinking that Liverpool transfer falling through may have slowed our plans somewhat. If he stays we've effectively replaced AJ with him, which is a fine swap. If he goes, we've got less strikers than we had last season, which scarcely seems possible.
If Adel goes too, we will lack that intangible that he or Morrison can offer.
Looks likely to be a low-scoring season, but if the defence does its part, maybe that won't matter.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

PAOK match on 18:36 - Aug 9 with 2525 viewsCHUBBS

Didn't watch it,don't care,learnt years ago not to bother with friendlies as they achieve fcuk all football wise.
Another game thats adding to the fitness whilst suffering no injuries is what its all about.
We'll be far better come Saturday when the real 1st team is out there.
However if we play SWP in the Hull game we may as well shake hands now,useless little shit.
PAOK match (n/t) on 18:42 - Aug 9 with 2500 viewsoddball

PAOK match on 18:47 - Aug 9 with 2479 viewsenfieldargh

would be nice if joey would make simple passes instead of going for the hail mary pass every time.

Not the only one giving the ball away but like last season the main culprit.

Matt Phillips looked good as did OBZ and I thought Rio looked excellent. Real influential presence.

Ale looked like our main play maker 1st half, thought he looked good. Feel that is long lay off has given him time to study his game.

Still only a friendly

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

PAOK match on 20:28 - Aug 9 with 2292 viewsrsonist

I don't know really. Agree that friendly results aren't the most important thing but at the same time come the first match of the season you want to have more to show for it than just fitness levels. Especially when we're changing to a new formation - it's a real shame we couldn't get at least Traore or Yun on the pitch today. Simpson inexperienced in attack and SWP cutting in every time negates the entire point of having wing-backs.

In fairness though the fact that it's a World Cup year and that we also have to wait on the futures of possibly key players isn't really our fault. And even in terms of the signings we know we have to make we're more likely to get a better price waiting until closer to deadline.

The unfortunate thing is that Hull and Sunderland at home are ostensibly winnable fixtures for us before deadline day. Seasons are decided on such fine margins that you don't really want to waste points early on while you're still sorting yourself out.
PAOK match on 21:13 - Aug 9 with 2202 viewssmegma

PAOK match on 18:36 - Aug 9 by CHUBBS

Didn't watch it,don't care,learnt years ago not to bother with friendlies as they achieve fcuk all football wise.
Another game thats adding to the fitness whilst suffering no injuries is what its all about.
We'll be far better come Saturday when the real 1st team is out there.
However if we play SWP in the Hull game we may as well shake hands now,useless little shit.

You missed a treat. The highlight for me was seeing Shaun Wrong Phillips cut in from the left wing, looked up and tried to beat the keeper from 25 yards.

The ball went straight out. For a throw in. By the paddocks. Some ten yards from the corner flag.
PAOK match on 23:14 - Aug 9 with 2054 viewskensalriser

I don't know if I've ever seen a player with such inability to control the ball. It's as though he has octagonal legs and multi-faceted boots, all made from some sort of highly developed super-elastic material.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

PAOK match on 07:53 - Aug 10 with 1870 viewsDiscodroid

im convinced he became a footballer by mistake.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

PAOK match on 10:14 - Aug 10 with 1776 viewsJonDoeman

PAOK match on 16:02 - Aug 9 by johnhoop

Careful with the word "worried". You'll have the positivity police all over you like a rash.

Didn't see the match, but I like the thought of the "positivity police" on 'negative numpty' crowd control!

It Is What It Is !!

PAOK match on 10:44 - Aug 10 with 1743 viewsAntti_Heinola

PAOK match on 10:14 - Aug 10 by JonDoeman

Didn't see the match, but I like the thought of the "positivity police" on 'negative numpty' crowd control!

of course you do, you'd be a shoe-in for Chief Inspector ;)

Bare bones.

PAOK match on 10:55 - Aug 10 with 1714 viewsJonDoeman

PAOK match on 10:44 - Aug 10 by Antti_Heinola

of course you do, you'd be a shoe-in for Chief Inspector ;)

It Is What It Is !!

PAOK match on 15:51 - Aug 11 with 1459 viewsfrancisbowles

We currently lack balance. Only Ale is left footed from the starting line up. Of all the cbs only Clint is a leftie and we don't really want to play him much. All four new signings right footed!

Ned and Dunne both look uncomfortable on the left and Ned only really looks his best on the right.

If we could get Traore fit I would like us to try him on the left of the cbs with Yun as lwb.
PAOK match on 16:37 - Aug 11 with 1388 viewsadhoc_qpr

PAOK match on 15:51 - Aug 11 by francisbowles

We currently lack balance. Only Ale is left footed from the starting line up. Of all the cbs only Clint is a leftie and we don't really want to play him much. All four new signings right footed!

Ned and Dunne both look uncomfortable on the left and Ned only really looks his best on the right.

If we could get Traore fit I would like us to try him on the left of the cbs with Yun as lwb.

Er Traore is not, never has been and never will be a centre back...

Would be a complete disaster!

We lack balance because half the team is being shoehorned into unfamiliar positions and we haven't been able to field a consistent team to build up understanding in key areas (midfield, back 3 etc)
PAOK match on 10:29 - Aug 12 with 1253 viewsfrancisbowles

PAOK match on 16:37 - Aug 11 by adhoc_qpr

Er Traore is not, never has been and never will be a centre back...

Would be a complete disaster!

We lack balance because half the team is being shoehorned into unfamiliar positions and we haven't been able to field a consistent team to build up understanding in key areas (midfield, back 3 etc)

Why would it be a disaster? Traore has many attributes; good in the air, quick, reasonably comfortable with the ball. Yes he would have to learn the position but so do all the others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024