Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TF Tweets 13:04 - Oct 26 with 8358 views08olesen

Just tweeted

A good leader knows when to go . time for me to leave at caterham f1 .love qpr and AirAsia but there will come a time .and staff and fans dictate that 2014-10-26

People are destroying him on twitter, i really wish they would think before hand. If he goes anytime soon we will be in the screwed for a long time.

I can see why he would quit though, as Alan Sugar said, you get no credit at all for being a chairman and then get destroyed whenever anything goes wrong. He put the money in and gets nothing in return a part from abuse. Its not his fault the football is poor! but people still have a go! I think many have forgotten how bad it was under flavio, all he has done is backed the manager each time. Its not his fault we signed Bosingwa or Park and most of us on here thought they were great signings when they happened.

I personally think we have one of the best chairman around and if we beat AV on Monday then things will look a lot better.

Poll: Who will the other play off

TF Tweets on 19:44 - Oct 26 with 1582 viewsBluce_Ree

I like Tony but he flounces like a teenage girl. Man up, chap.

F**k.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

TF Tweets on 19:48 - Oct 26 with 1580 viewsJamie

TF Tweets on 19:02 - Oct 26 by ichbinnaughty

OH SHUT UP everyone.
In the generation that I have been following the RRRRs, when the game has really become ALL about the money and far far less about the coaching, the scouting, the youth system etc, we, as a club, have yearned for someone with wealth to take an interest in our club and be willing to give us a go.

Now we've got that and people just can't help themselves get the knives out.

P155 poor form that is.

YES mistakes are made, yes hindsight makes everyone armchair experts, but our club is a long slow project to overhaul.

Personally I will mourn the day that Big Tone & the other Malaysian owner, Amit, and Lakshmi Mittal ever decide to move on.

I'm pretty disgusted at the lack of recognition and gratitude.

With all due respect, since TF has taken over, the club has gone backwards on the field, whilst also being plunged £177m into debt.

Whilst I have no doubt he's a lovely guy that wants to succeed here, so far he deserves skepticism, not gratitude.
TF Tweets on 20:28 - Oct 26 with 1522 viewspaulparker

TF Tweets on 19:02 - Oct 26 by ichbinnaughty

OH SHUT UP everyone.
In the generation that I have been following the RRRRs, when the game has really become ALL about the money and far far less about the coaching, the scouting, the youth system etc, we, as a club, have yearned for someone with wealth to take an interest in our club and be willing to give us a go.

Now we've got that and people just can't help themselves get the knives out.

P155 poor form that is.

YES mistakes are made, yes hindsight makes everyone armchair experts, but our club is a long slow project to overhaul.

Personally I will mourn the day that Big Tone & the other Malaysian owner, Amit, and Lakshmi Mittal ever decide to move on.

I'm pretty disgusted at the lack of recognition and gratitude.

Sorry but what are we supposed to be grateful for ?
New stadium ?
New training ground ?
Sensible run football club ?
Good managerial appointments ?
Sacking our best manager (warnock)
Sh& t signings ?
How he plays Fifa 15 ?
Insightful offerings on twitter
Or the fact he bought half a shady to a few muppets in the
Springbok
He can flounce as much he wants , if he wants to go then go
QPR will still be here when he goes

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

TF Tweets on 20:32 - Oct 26 with 1517 viewsOakR

OK so I'll ask again why do you think we will be in trouble once he goes?

Poll: Will we stay up?

TF Tweets on 20:45 - Oct 26 with 1499 viewsdavman

TF Tweets on 20:32 - Oct 26 by OakR

OK so I'll ask again why do you think we will be in trouble once he goes?

You tell me who will pay £200m for a Championship team.

You really think that when the board go, they will just write the debt off?

This is EXACTLY the scenario that screwed Pompey. We are safe whilst it is an 'internal' debt, but when they leave, it becomes external.

So how do you think this will play out if they leave? I suspect you think the Mittals will step up to the plate, but there is absolutely evidence that will be the case.

So why do you think we won't be in trouble?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

TF Tweets on 20:57 - Oct 26 with 1474 viewsOakR

TF Tweets on 20:45 - Oct 26 by davman

This is EXACTLY the scenario that screwed Pompey. We are safe whilst it is an 'internal' debt, but when they leave, it becomes external.

So how do you think this will play out if they leave? I suspect you think the Mittals will step up to the plate, but there is absolutely evidence that will be the case.

I was asking the thread starter for his reasons, as it was his statement, just wanted his reasons why he thought we were better off with him.

Re your points, if the reason we should keep the chairman is that he's got us massively in debt, then that's not an argument for him being the best chairman in the league for me, or a reason for him to stay, as otherwise we'll be bankrupt. That's an example of appalling financial management -it's no way to run a business.

In terms of would anyone take over - wold probably depend on the division we are in, but who knows.

TF Tweets on 23:13 - Oct 26 with 1401 viewsdavman

TF Tweets on 20:57 - Oct 26 by OakR

I was asking the thread starter for his reasons, as it was his statement, just wanted his reasons why he thought we were better off with him.

Re your points, if the reason we should keep the chairman is that he's got us massively in debt, then that's not an argument for him being the best chairman in the league for me, or a reason for him to stay, as otherwise we'll be bankrupt. That's an example of appalling financial management -it's no way to run a business.

In terms of would anyone take over - wold probably depend on the division we are in, but who knows.

Absolutely agree, Oak, but I did not make the argument that TF is the best Chairman in the League. The point is, we have no choice as we can't do anything about it (unless anyone has the money here to take over????). Basically, them staying gives the club its ONLY chance of surviving IMO; in teh modern age we are a Championship level club and unless that debt is written off (extremely unlikely), no one will take us on at the money they'll want...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

TF Tweets on 05:31 - Oct 27 with 1321 viewstimcocking

Some staggering comments, absolutely unfcukingfathomable to me.

We really have some shorted sighted, ungrateful, miserable, whinging, thick (but think they know everything) idiots posting on here. Christ.

Tony, if you have any sense, quit these moaning old gits, you'll never keep them happy whatever you do.

The grass isn't always greener. Who on earth would have tried more than Tony has? I give up.
Login to get fewer ads

TF Tweets on 07:00 - Oct 27 with 1277 viewsCHUBBS

I'm sure TF would be the 1st to say his tenure as chairman has been fraught with dreadful decisions from him and the board.
However if he's willing to pay for his/their mistakes and learn from them,then as far as i'm concerned he's fine to continue in his role.
He needs to take a little bit more of a back seat role away from twitter etc and concentrate on finding a formula thats going to take the club forward long term.
We clearly need a new manager and coaching team with the enthusiasm to galvanize the current squad and turn them into an organized unit capable of staying up.
I like HR but feel the time for a change is now clearly overdue but i just can't see TF making that decision as he clearly loves him at the club.
As things continue we're heading straight back down yet again with out much of a struggle.
Sort it out TF.
TF Tweets on 08:41 - Oct 27 with 1181 viewsdoogi55

i think that we forget what it was like 10 yrs ago look at fulham after there chairman had enough bottom of the championship.could have been us last year we got back through the playoffs.i do think tf should not go on twitter because you can never get your point across using twitter .
TF Tweets on 09:01 - Oct 27 with 1144 viewsMytch_QPR

He's made mistakes - no doubt (and he admits that fully), but you can't please all the people all of the time.
He was panned for spending too much under Hughes, now there are a few suggesting that more should have been spent this summer - there were people calling for Harry to come in and 'save us' - he listened and Harry came. In terms of promoting Air Asia, that's his real baby and I don't have a problem with him promoting it - why wouldn't he?

After 'Weightgate' (and the WH game), I don't think Harry's position is as safe as some here think. As Clive reported, he was pretty agitated after the Liverpool press conference. TF's whole business plan revolves around PL football - I think he'll be quite ruthless in trying to protect that.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

TF Tweets on 09:07 - Oct 27 with 1133 viewsPinnerPaul

TF Tweets on 18:44 - Oct 26 by SpiritofGregory

Fernandes needs to swallow his pride and step down as chairman, doesn't mean that he has to leave the club. If he does decide to leave, he'll have to take one hell of a loss for his shares because of his share of the debt, the clubs position in the Premier League, a manager who'll need replacing, possible FFP fine and a team that needs investment.

" A team that needs investment"

Really?

Are you sure?

Another 5 players in Jan is just repeating all the mistakes TF has made over the last two years!
TF Tweets on 09:10 - Oct 27 with 1128 viewsPinnerPaul

TF Tweets on 20:57 - Oct 26 by OakR

Sooooo , you want Tony to go and then its just "who knows"?

Brilliant plan that is!
TF Tweets on 09:13 - Oct 27 with 1122 viewsTheBlob

TF Tweets on 20:45 - Oct 26 by davman

Because we're in London,not Portsmouth.There's always someone to step up to the plate.Rumours of takeovers of other "lesser" clubs is always rife.
I'm not at all worried.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

TF Tweets on 09:15 - Oct 27 with 1117 viewsadhoc_qpr

While he's quite a likable guy, i think i'd rather have a chairman like Huw Jenkins from Swansea or Peter Coates from Stoke who just get on with running the club sensibly with a low profile.

Not sure we 'owe' TF anything either, our club is basically a rich man's plaything.

Sure he shouldn't be abused on Twitter, but that's the nature of the medium - get over it!

And i'm not sure a new manager alone will be enough to keep us up, because TF has been equally complicit in the bad decisions that have left us in a mess yet again.

Still as others have pointed out, he's not going anywhere due to the money/debt/lack of likely buyers.
TF Tweets on 09:19 - Oct 27 with 1013 viewsJamie

TF Tweets on 09:10 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

Brilliant plan that is!

Well if Tune were willing to write off the couple of hundred million they've wasted, there would be plenty of interest in taking over a PL club in London.

As they are going to want someone to refund their fck ups though, we are stuck with Tune & TF until the time they get it right, or QPR becomes another Caterham and goes into admin, AFC QPR is formed, and those that tweet Tone telling him he is a god, tweet him telling him he's a total meanie pants.
TF Tweets on 09:22 - Oct 27 with 1006 viewsJamie

TF Tweets on 19:44 - Oct 26 by Bluce_Ree

I like Tony but he flounces like a teenage girl. Man up, chap.

F**k.

Have a heart Blucey, it IS Tone's ball, and he IS going home.
TF Tweets on 09:27 - Oct 27 with 996 viewsElHoop

TF Tweets on 19:48 - Oct 26 by Jamie

With all due respect, since TF has taken over, the club has gone backwards on the field, whilst also being plunged £177m into debt.

Whilst I have no doubt he's a lovely guy that wants to succeed here, so far he deserves skepticism, not gratitude.

We didn't have a pot to piss in when the Briatores etc took over, the ground was gone in terms of ownership and the squad was worth zilch, so don't give me £177m of debt. We had nothing to borrow against. They've put in money, secured presumably against their own personal assets, unless it is partly secured against what the £177m has bought them in club assets. The damage was done well before Briatore and his successor Fernandes came along. If we do get to Old Oak Common then they might get something back, but they'll have to spend more to do that. If they wanted to make money out of property development then they could have gone into that without forking out £180m of losses on a football club. Some of you are completely f*cking bonkers.
TF Tweets on 09:34 - Oct 27 with 985 viewsOakR

TF Tweets on 09:10 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

Brilliant plan that is!

It's not a plan....it's a comment saying that if he goes who knows who would takeover. If you have insight into the future of who will take over when he leaves, feel free to share it.

If you read my posts, I was asking the OP why he thought it would be a disaster if he left - it was a genuine question. The OP also stated he thought we had the best chairman in the league. He's not responded but Davman did.

If we are saying he's the best chairman in the league, but if he leaves we will be bankrupt then those arguments are slightly contradictory (Davman I'm not saying this is your view by the way).

TF Tweets on 09:35 - Oct 27 with 983 viewsJamie

TF Tweets on 09:27 - Oct 27 by ElHoop

We didn't have a pot to piss in when the Briatores etc took over, the ground was gone in terms of ownership and the squad was worth zilch, so don't give me £177m of debt. We had nothing to borrow against. They've put in money, secured presumably against their own personal assets, unless it is partly secured against what the £177m has bought them in club assets. The damage was done well before Briatore and his successor Fernandes came along. If we do get to Old Oak Common then they might get something back, but they'll have to spend more to do that. If they wanted to make money out of property development then they could have gone into that without forking out £180m of losses on a football club. Some of you are completely f*cking bonkers.

You really think Phil Beard was brought on board for property development, or to indulge Tone's love of football?

Air Asia Stadium has prospects to be an absolute goldmine and offers up all sorts of possibilities in the Far East. Package deal to London on a new Air Asia long haul, shopping in Oxford Street and a Madonna concert to round the week off. Lovely jubbly. You think regulatory bodies would just grant QPR a plot in the centre of a huge regeneration for a new stadium without taking on the resedential & business developments..
[Post edited 27 Oct 2014 9:40]
TF Tweets on 09:47 - Oct 27 with 957 viewsElHoop

TF Tweets on 09:35 - Oct 27 by Jamie

You really think Phil Beard was brought on board for property development, or to indulge Tone's love of football?

Air Asia Stadium has prospects to be an absolute goldmine and offers up all sorts of possibilities in the Far East. Package deal to London on a new Air Asia long haul, shopping in Oxford Street and a Madonna concert to round the week off. Lovely jubbly. You think regulatory bodies would just grant QPR a plot in the centre of a huge regeneration for a new stadium without taking on the resedential & business developments..
[Post edited 27 Oct 2014 9:40]

You just talk complete nonsense I'm afraid.

They've been looking at all sorts of plots of land for a new ground. Not all of them involved massive residential development any more than Arsenal's new ground did. This one came along, why not go for it? But to suggest that he wants to sit there running a football club as a front for property development is one of the most absurd things I've heard on here, and there's been plenty of those.
TF Tweets on 10:01 - Oct 27 with 938 viewsSpiritofGregory

TF Tweets on 09:07 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

" A team that needs investment"

Really?

Are you sure?

Another 5 players in Jan is just repeating all the mistakes TF has made over the last two years!

Anyone who buys a share in Rangers knows that they'll have to finance better signings - we haven't even got any players who have a substantial transfer value. You can sign players without spending a fortune.

Any shareholder that wants to sell now, will have to take a loss, they'll not get the money back that they've put in due to the club being run so poorly.

We are of the view that he is thinking about selling up. Fernandes hasn't made himself clear does he mean stepping down or selling his share? Fernandes stated in the past that if he did a bad job, he would step down as chairman, it's about time that he honoured that promised.
TF Tweets on 10:16 - Oct 27 with 913 viewsAntti_Heinola

TF Tweets on 17:11 - Oct 26 by DejR_vu

TF has us by the short and curlies. We're a laughing stock but if he decides to bail out we could be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. We are a small club with no divine right to be in the Premiership. There are many bigger clubs than us in a worse position (Leeds / Birmingham). So, as much as it pains me to say it, we're in far too deep to risk the alternative. The best we can hope is that he finally gets it, understands that we are a small club, and stops trying to run QPR like we're a big club that everyone wants to be at. Read up on the history of the club and learn fast.

Not really - we have him by the short and curlies. Put all our assets together and they don't come close to matching the debt he has. If he were to sell out tomorrow he and his investors would take a gigantic hit. They're here for the long haul - they're in too deep to turn back now.
As for the comments about money being 'gifted' - well that doesn't make a difference to FFP. It's about revenue and spending - you can't just up the revenue by 'gifting' money - that's the whole point of the rule, to stop that kind of thing.

Bare bones.

TF Tweets on 10:25 - Oct 27 with 903 viewssix_foot_two

"We are of the view that he is thinking about selling up"

Who is 'we' and where did you get this information ?

Have you a link or anything?
TF Tweets on 10:29 - Oct 27 with 894 viewsdaveB

I think we need a full time chairman who looks after the club day to day and cares for it. Having a part time one has caused a lot of the issues we currently have. If I was Fernandes I'd bring in someone to take on that role on a day to day basis and just be a board member
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024