Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ok who would you choose as manager ? 11:30 - Jan 11 with 15345 viewsHollowayRanger

and try to keep it real!

unlikely to get in someone who's already got a job unless they are lower than championship playoffs ( I mean howe for instance why would he want to come here!)

so try to keep I real out of work managers ,club no 2's and ones lower then playoff places in championship ,same with overseas managers

me id choose Warnock and tell him to tell it how it is ,would get best out of taarabt who would be like a new signing,wouldnt take less than 100% from players and would call them gutless and is best man to get us back up if needed

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 15:49 - Jan 11 with 2844 viewsrrrspricey

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 11:34 - Jan 11 by QPunkR

Gigi.
Plus he'd also get the best out of Tarbs, like he did with Akos.

This....Some of the most enjoyable football I've seen us play in the last 20 years.
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 15:54 - Jan 11 with 2835 viewsDesertBoot

Joe Gallen with Bircham.

Wish I could be like David Watts

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 16:12 - Jan 11 with 2807 viewsactonman

I don't think someone like Howe or Robinson would get anything from this bunch in the timescale needed to stay up. Need someone who will come in and send a rocket up some arses and have a clue how to utilise what we've got. Pulls was the answer but unfortunately Harold had an upturn in results when he was available ( lucky bar steward)

As much as I hate changing things, arry has to go now, there is no way we have a worse team than the rest of our relegation rivals and it is fcuking criminal we find our selfs in this position.

Alarm bells were ringing last season with our fooking awfull style of football but was happy as long as we were on course for promotion. This season has showed that redknapp really is finished in management so why are we keeping him when we know the outcome come May !

Get rid and put fcuking anybody in there ... Les , Clint , huddle even the fcuking tea lady then see what happens
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 16:16 - Jan 11 with 2799 viewsbaz_qpr

Paul Clement with Gerry Francis as his Number 2
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 16:18 - Jan 11 with 2795 viewsMatch82

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 16:16 - Jan 11 by baz_qpr

Paul Clement with Gerry Francis as his Number 2

At the end of the year, regardless of the division we are in, yes.
Might be a steep learning curve if he came in now though...
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 16:49 - Jan 11 with 2763 viewsmacclesfieldman

Appoint Warnock until the end of the season with a big bonus to keep us up. We have no funds to sign players so Warnock could bring in some loans until May.
Then, appoint the right manager for our future.

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 16:54 - Jan 11 with 2751 viewsTearsOfaClown

Rednapp out now - in with Hoddle and Hill

or

tim sherwood
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 16:56 - Jan 11 with 2743 viewsMonahoop

That Croatian fella with the ear ring whose name eludes me at present. His surname ends in 'ic' I know that much.

Personally nobody with an inkling of sense would come to the shambles at W12 at present and who could blame them? I think we're stuck with Redknapp until the seasons conclusion whatever happens.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Login to get fewer ads

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 17:01 - Jan 11 with 2731 viewsbaz_qpr

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 16:18 - Jan 11 by Match82

At the end of the year, regardless of the division we are in, yes.
Might be a steep learning curve if he came in now though...

Hence why Francis as number 2, who was number 2 to Pulis at Palace and Stoke so will surely know what is required, and is also a great coach strong on pattern of play. I don't think we would get Clement anyway tbh
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 17:02 - Jan 11 with 2726 viewsraskolnikov

Warnock till end of season - he still has a point to prove.

Strictly NO transfers other than out - we have enough younger players to plug any gaps.

On the proviso that its only till then, and betwwen now and the end of the saeson a small team of knowledgable people (so from outside the club, paid for the job, because we dont have any) researches the next appointment properly. Young, progressive manager with modern methods, plays football the right way, coaches, brings on youth, doesn't stand for prima donnas. We would need two shortlists - Championship and PL. Please, no more knee-jerk appointments.

The chances of that happening? Zilch.
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 17:05 - Jan 11 with 2722 viewsRuislipHoop

Gary Rowett from Birmingham City
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 17:08 - Jan 11 with 2716 viewsToast_R

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 16:56 - Jan 11 by Monahoop

That Croatian fella with the ear ring whose name eludes me at present. His surname ends in 'ic' I know that much.

Personally nobody with an inkling of sense would come to the shambles at W12 at present and who could blame them? I think we're stuck with Redknapp until the seasons conclusion whatever happens.

Adrian Charles?
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 17:21 - Jan 11 with 2695 viewsAgedR

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 14:02 - Jan 11 by Discodroids

Been repeating myself on this one for months.

Kenny Jackett also.

promotions with swansea, millwall,QPR, and rebuilt a wolves team from the floorboards up.

a record 100+ points with wolves last year, shifted all the big earners and carrion. just as he will be required to do at QPR.

currently 4points off a play off in 9th position with a game in hand.

sort my club out.

from the floorboards up...

Yep

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 17:39 - Jan 11 with 2678 viewsjohncharles

Ask Gerry. You don't know till you ask. Les as assistant.
If the answer is no then beg Warnock to come and save us. I'd also like to keep him on for a season or two to assist a new young manager.
As for all this about There's no way Redknapp is leaving. If we get stuffed by Manure how about invading the ground and chasing the bugger down Uxbridge Road.
Job done.

Strong and stable my arse.

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 18:18 - Jan 11 with 2633 viewsCamberleyR

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 13:34 - Jan 11 by eghamranger

Gareth Ainsworth is a top bloke but not a PL manager, if we got relegated then maybe.

If Harry went and took bond and Jordan with him, then surely only les, Hoddle and hill will attempt to keep us up for the rest of the season, no one would want to come in.

We have got to hope that out of the 8 poor teams in the league, we are not in the bottom 3

"Gareth Ainsworth is a top bloke but not a PL manager",

How do we know until he's given a chance? It's the same as people doubting Charlie Austin being a Premier League striker before he'd kicked a ball in the Premier League. If we'd taken that attitude in the past with players, we'd never have signed Les, Sinton, Impey, Sinclair, Peacock etc

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 18:24 - Jan 11 with 2446 viewsTheBlob

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 16:56 - Jan 11 by Monahoop

Slaven Bilic?Yup,has been mentioned.Good shout.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 18:40 - Jan 11 with 2423 viewshighlandbill

SQUIRREL

At my age I should not be doing this!

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 18:59 - Jan 11 with 2391 views1BobbyHazell

Lord love Warnock but an aging old school manager with little tactical knowledge and no grasp of the modern game?!! Come on lads...

Not really much of a change and certainly not a movement in the vital direction of club (re)building.

Paul Clement if we're allowed to dream. Jackett or Howe if not.
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 19:08 - Jan 11 with 2384 viewsajcoombes

laudrup
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 19:34 - Jan 11 with 2351 viewsMatch82

No chance we're getting Warnock back, I think those bridges have been burned..
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 19:40 - Jan 11 with 2339 viewsdaveB

What do we want in a new manager? If it's another short term fix who might work or might not then understand the calls for Warnock and Francis although why anyone would ant Francis after the job he did last time is beyond me. If you want someone to build a club for the next few years then both are baffling suggestions.
ok who would you choose as manager ? on 19:51 - Jan 11 with 2324 viewsbosh67

Laudrup looked like the real deal but had a difficult start to his second season.

I agree with the Paul Clement shout. Born to manage QPR.

But sort of agree, maybe not until we know what is happening. If we stay up he should walk in. If we go down he needs proper time (5 years) to get a team that plays the QPR stay and gets players through the ranks with the QPR ethos and build it in the image he wishes.

Until then if Harry does miraculously call it a day I would actually look at Les Ferdinand for the rest of the season with both Hill and Barton as player coaches.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 20:01 - Jan 11 with 2305 viewsPunteR

I think hoddle to the end of the season. After that ,who knows..
This club needs a complete overhaul.
Ive said it before,but a new training facility should be the first thing they need to sort out.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 20:48 - Jan 11 with 2258 viewsGloucs_R

Personally I would like to see:

Steve McLaren - wont leave Derby though at this stage of the season
Kenny Jackett - coming around to the idea of having someone who understands what we are about and had been the hard graft in lower down the pyramid
Laudrup - not sure of we could get him in but genuinely think he could get the best out of the squad we have
Paul Clement - not sure we have much chance of getting him
Frank Rijkaard - not currently employed, last post was with Saudi national team

Poll: Are we staying up?

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 21:03 - Jan 11 with 2242 viewsozranger

ok who would you choose as manager ? on 19:40 - Jan 11 by daveB

What do we want in a new manager? If it's another short term fix who might work or might not then understand the calls for Warnock and Francis although why anyone would ant Francis after the job he did last time is beyond me. If you want someone to build a club for the next few years then both are baffling suggestions.

Dave, I think you may have hit the nail on the head there. The real question is what do we want this manager to do and not who is the best to get in. At what stage do we want to get a new manager who will build us back up (yet again) and the obvious caveat to that is when do we concede on this season? I know that sounds defeatist, but I think nearly everyone here agrees that with Harry the team is not going to survive, or is extremely unlikely to. Thus, do we surrender and get in someone who will try to keep us up but if he is unsuccessful then at least we know he is the manager of the future and one who we feel confident will return QPR to the brighter side of the light or do we hang on to the tails of belief that we really can survive this season and either stay with with Harold or find someone with experience to do that. When is the point where these two decisions become different?

Personally, I would prefer the former and that point being now, but I think it may still be a few games into the future. Unfortunately, the fact we are only three points behind twelfth is a pure misnomer. We have had a dream home run that has put us there, plain and simple.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024