Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alex McCarthy 15:14 - Feb 12 with 5092 views08olesen

Why hasnt this bloke gone on loan. Im all for Rob Green being our starter because a part from Charlie he has been the player of the season for me, but you have to feel he would have gained more from going on loan.

He came in clearly thinking he was going to be no.1 and the only game he gets he does well in and he has now wasted a season on the bench.

I understand that Green could have got injured but look at the rest of the teams around us, they dont have two quality keepers in the squad.

They have a difficult decision about the GK next season regardless of which league we are in.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Alex McCarthy on 15:16 - Feb 12 with 5078 viewsrobith

Why on earth would we allow our second best keeper to go on loan????
Alex McCarthy on 15:17 - Feb 12 with 5070 viewsRecoilboss

Err.... because he's our reserve keeper?
Alex McCarthy on 15:20 - Feb 12 with 5059 viewspomanjou

Nothing difficult about having two top quality goalkeepers on the books. Its the other teams which are under resourced. Golakeepers are patient creatures and Mc Carthy will just have to wait. Start of next season the goalie's jersey is up for grabs again.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Alex McCarthy on 15:32 - Feb 12 with 5025 viewskensalriser

If he came in thinking he'd be the number 1 he's either misled or deranged because that was clearly never the case.

His presence will be useful when Green's contract is up, though.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Alex McCarthy on 15:33 - Feb 12 with 5020 viewsrobith

Alex McCarthy on 15:32 - Feb 12 by kensalriser

If he came in thinking he'd be the number 1 he's either misled or deranged because that was clearly never the case.

I'm pretty sure in the interview when he came he said he expected to be number 2 for a bit with a hand over from Green planned for the long run
Alex McCarthy on 15:36 - Feb 12 with 5006 viewsGloucs_R

I think he will challenge for top spot next year.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Alex McCarthy on 15:55 - Feb 12 with 4968 viewsNorthernr

Because if we loaned him today and Rob Green got injured tomorrow we wouldn't be allowed to recall him for a month.
Alex McCarthy on 16:17 - Feb 12 with 4913 viewsMatch82

Alex McCarthy on 15:32 - Feb 12 by kensalriser

Green has one more year after this, right?
Login to get fewer ads

Alex McCarthy on 16:48 - Feb 12 with 4865 viewsBlue_Castello

Alex McCarthy on 15:55 - Feb 12 by Northernr

Because if we loaned him today and Rob Green got injured tomorrow we wouldn't be allowed to recall him for a month.

The obvious answer is Clive's answer did you post this without thinking, so you want us to loan out our second best goalkeeper because you feel sorry for him not being in the first team.
We are not a bloody charity, when he signed he knew the score and we have excellent back up if Green is injured, Christ there's shit loads wrong with our squad you want to create another problem.
How did you feel about selling Danny Simpson.........????......
Alex McCarthy on 16:57 - Feb 12 with 4843 viewssmegma

Alex McCarthy on 15:55 - Feb 12 by Northernr

And then someone will moan "why the f-ck did we let our reserve keeper go on loan?'
Alex McCarthy on 17:07 - Feb 12 with 4825 viewssimmo

Just to add to the above (it's obvious why we haven't loaned him), he's not that much of an idiot that he can't see why he's currently not getting picked. He will understand better than anybody that Green is currently undroppable, so he has to be patient.

He got an opportunity last time due to an injury, took it, was in line to retain his position, but got injured himself... Since then Green came back and has done everything in his power to deservedly keep the shirt.

Look at Sunderland and Pantilimon, he was 2nd choice to Mannone who was playing brilliantly for them, but following 2-3 games of absolute howlers and lost confidence, Pantilimon has come in and been excellent for them, so he's retained the spot. It's a great position to have 2 theoretical 1st team quality keepers and something we should be aiming for with each position.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Alex McCarthy on 19:52 - Feb 12 with 4713 viewsHollowayRanger

green is playing very well for a reason

he knows if his standards drop we have a quality replacement waiting in the wings and I think is out of contract end of season

if religated then next season we start with McCarthy and let green go

if we stay up keep green if he agrees a new contract and fair terms to him and QPR and maybe let McCarthy go on loan if we are not in danger sometime next season

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Alex McCarthy on 23:44 - Feb 12 with 4551 viewsytt28

Alex McCarthy on 16:17 - Feb 12 by Match82

Green has one more year after this, right?

No, Greens contract expires at the end of this season.
Alex McCarthy on 23:55 - Feb 12 with 4537 viewsPunteR

Alex McCarthy on 23:44 - Feb 12 by ytt28

No, Greens contract expires at the end of this season.

The form he's in now i would give Green a contract extension.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Alex McCarthy on 00:05 - Feb 13 with 4527 viewsytt28

Alex McCarthy on 23:55 - Feb 12 by PunteR

The form he's in now i would give Green a contract extension.

If we go down we are deep deep doo doo, no way will the board be handing out contract extensions until the seasons end.
Alex McCarthy on 00:20 - Feb 13 with 4510 viewsPunteR

Alex McCarthy on 00:05 - Feb 13 by ytt28

If we go down we are deep deep doo doo, no way will the board be handing out contract extensions until the seasons end.

Mccarthy needs more games,but he looked rubbish against Sheffield utd.
I would keep the pair of them but start giving McCarthy more games next season.
Whatever happens to us,you always need a good reliable keeper and Green fits the bill.
Keep our best players.

Alex McCarthy on 00:29 - Feb 13 with 4501 viewsytt28

Alex McCarthy on 00:20 - Feb 13 by PunteR

Mccarthy needs more games,but he looked rubbish against Sheffield utd.
I would keep the pair of them but start giving McCarthy more games next season.
Whatever happens to us,you always need a good reliable keeper and Green fits the bill.
Keep our best players.

He's on a reported 50k per week and if we go down he will be released.
Alex McCarthy on 00:39 - Feb 13 with 4497 viewsPunteR

Alex McCarthy on 00:29 - Feb 13 by ytt28

He's on a reported 50k per week and if we go down he will be released.

You're probably right but i would be trying to keep him. Negotiating lower wages wouldn't be a bad idea though.
You can swap and change outfield players all day long but it helps having a reliable keeper between the sticks. Gives the defence more confidence anyway.

Alex McCarthy on 09:32 - Feb 13 with 4405 viewsGloucs_R

Green is here until summer 2016 - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28251813

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024