Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who's up for the long haul? 19:31 - Mar 17 with 9249 viewsqprewan

There's been many on here recently who like me now accept the liklihood that we are going down and talk eloquently about how we need to "start again and build a club from the bottom up"; TF has used social media to echo these sentiments and has said that we will build up our youth set up and will only generally look to buy young hungry players from the lower league.

This all sounds very encouraging and in many aspects music to our ears and I suspect that is why we were all so initially keen to embrace Chris Ramsey; but yet already the gloss is starting to wear off this particular idea. The fact of the matter is this; if we are going to do this; and I suspect we will have no choice as the wasted money does really seem to be drying up, then it will take time and probably quite a bit of it.

So my question really is this... If we are struggling in the Championship for the next 2 years or more how are all the moaners on here;, and I include myself in this by the way, going to cope with it... will we continue to call for new managers, signings etc or will we be just truly happy that our club is heading in the right direction? Look at Fulham this year and it could quite easily be us. My gut feeling is that despite what we all say, we have been to a greater extent or less all been suckered in to our chairman's grandiose ambitions and talk of new ground etc and will struggle to accept us struggling in the lower leagues. Hope I am wrong.
So who's up for the long haul? on 17:57 - Mar 18 with 2408 viewsterryb

So who's up for the long haul? on 15:30 - Mar 18 by Hayesender

I've survived Alan Mullery

I've survived Ray Harford

I've survived the Fulham park Rangers merger

I've survived bucket collections

I'll survive whatever crap gets thrown at us in the next few months

Will I moan? Damn right I will

But could you have survived Mr. Docherty & Brian Williams replacing Don Masson?

100% with you Hayesender. We have spent more years at the third level than any other so why should that prospect put us off?

Go down to the Conference & let's create a record for selling tickets for an FA Trophy Final! As long as we don't have to play Chesham along the way, that would give me a head/heartache!
So who's up for the long haul? on 17:58 - Mar 18 with 2408 viewsloftus77

So who's up for the long haul? on 22:02 - Mar 17 by eccles

We all are!
We've all watched our lot in the championship and league1. They're in our blood. We'll moan like fck but we'll all be back.
Cheaper tickets if nothing else!

This.
So who's up for the long haul? on 18:04 - Mar 18 with 2402 viewssimmo

I would rather be Crewe than Hull. I would rather small but commited crowds in a proper stadium with character than have 10-20k more fairweather fans in a identikit bowl. I would rather a team of commited, relateable, affordable young players with a genuine desire to play for the club, and be relegated, than a team of cnts that retain a top league position. I would rather spend money on infrastructure and solid foundations than recognised names commanding big wages. I would rather the odd promotion, play-off win and nose bloodying of bigger teams coupled with relegations, than constant security in the premiership and choosing to exit cups because of it. I would rather be tin pot and poor but fan owned, than bank rolled by somebody that removes the identity of the club and loads us with debt.

The league QPR play in is completely inconsequential to me, apart from the fact that whilst we're in the premiership, Loftus Road and the players real faces will be on FIFA.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

So who's up for the long haul? on 19:46 - Mar 18 with 2344 viewsTheBlob

So who's up for the long haul? on 17:50 - Mar 18 by Jamie

Quite rightly so. The guys a monumental thundercnt.

As was pointed out before he's a thundercnt with more points gained than our dear friend Chris.Oh and a semi final place.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

So who's up for the long haul? on 08:02 - Mar 19 with 2281 viewszizoustainrod

So who's up for the long haul? on 19:46 - Mar 18 by TheBlob

As was pointed out before he's a thundercnt with more points gained than our dear friend Chris.Oh and a semi final place.

And still, still - I would rather have Chris Ramsey than "Timmy". While I am frustrated that Phillips was switched to the left when he was carving up on the right and that Wright-Phillips has been let anywhere near a match day place I am pleased that Doughty and Furlong have been given a run (I think there is plenty to like about both) and that Phillips was played on the right and performed well and that we have generally seemed to have a plan in away games. None of this would have happened under dear old 'Arry. Yes Ramsey has made mistakes but I can forgive him that because he seems to me to give a toss. In the end it will be that our squad is simply not good enough if we don't stay up.
So who's up for the long haul? on 10:10 - Mar 19 with 2256 viewsGetMeRangers

nearly 40 years... it is never dull being an Rs fan ... never lost the excitement of going to see them play, no matter the division. For all the tough times, those high points are extra special. The only disappointing thing is that sometimes it isnt very entertaining... Palace at home being a particular low point for me this season.
It just gets into your blood and perhaps I havent lost the enthusiasm of my childhood. My sons and a friend are going to see their first match this season... Baggies away. I know how excited they are even though they know we will lose... yet you never can tell.
Win, lose or draw, watching eleven hooped players come onto the field still fills my stomach with butterflies. On a good day that is maintained with excitement and entertainment for 90 mins
So who's up for the long haul? on 14:53 - Mar 19 with 2227 viewsPinnerPaul

So who's up for the long haul? on 09:01 - Mar 18 by CiderwithRsie

I've deliberately not looked at this site for the last two weeks or so as I knew it would be just too depressing (no offence to anyone who's been having a moan or even a full scale melt down, I know how you feel, I just don't want to join in.)

Anyway, plus one to this from me

Same as me, been supporting all my life - not going to stop now!
So who's up for the long haul? on 21:25 - Mar 19 with 2199 viewsqprewan

Some great posts on here; like everyone of course we will carry on supporting our team whatever league like we have always done. The reality is I think that we are probably in for a few tough years and as some have said we could even end up getting relegated twice.

Personally, I would still like to bring someone like Eddie Howe or Robinson in as they would at least get us playing attacking football and would have the ability to build us up from the bottom up.
What we do need though is some honesty and realism from TF. Has the money dried up; will we still be getting a new training ground and are we abandoning the idea of a new ground and if so is there a plan b for developing Loftus rd? If he is honest we will all support him but as it stands he keeps on spouting pr rubbish. The reality is that we still have no new training ground and the fact that a few locals (no disrespect to them) in Ealing have so far seen him and his lawyers off does not surely suggest that we will be able to overcome a much more hard headed business such as Car Giant or indeed the football league in relation to ffp. I think the fact that Beard has gone shows that despite what he says the new ground is a pipe dream so come on Tony start being real and tell us what your vision is now.
Login to get fewer ads

So who's up for the long haul? on 11:40 - Mar 20 with 2163 viewsPinnerPaul

So who's up for the long haul? on 10:23 - Mar 18 by Discodroids

+1 blob.

real green shield stamp job is ramsey..

i thought it was a joke/wind up when i got back from holiday and found the watchtower seller in the managers chair.

more chauncey per square inch than chauncey gardner.

still , not gonna chuck it in after 38 years. i lived though frank sibly , steve burtenshaw and ray harford.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2015 10:31]

We're not in this mess because of Chris Ramsey being appointed!

How many games has he had - with 75% of someone else's squad to choose from?!
So who's up for the long haul? on 11:55 - Mar 20 with 2154 viewsdavman

We're always here for the 'Long Haul'.

We went in roughly the same numbers all the way through the leagues; maybe a few thousand down on the 'normal' average in the third tier and most of us, me and my son included, will follow QPR wherever they are until the day the debts are called in and the club has to be wound up.

We'll moan along the way, but as long as we can see signs that a base is being built and that we are not going to collapse through the leagues; I'm sure that the majority of us will stick in here...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

So who's up for the long haul? on 11:59 - Mar 20 with 2136 viewstimcocking

I hardly care where we are. What division we are in will have absolutely zero influence on my love for QPR which is unwavering in the face of every adversity.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024