Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS 12:10 - Apr 28 with 7587 viewsthame_hoops

WHat does anyone else think of this movie?

Can't help but feeling disappointed with it, great effects, the opening scene filmed all in one take (supposedly) was amazing but can't help feel the witty 'one liners' were too forced and ultron wasn't as menacing as the trailers showed. It's as if the director forgot about cap America2 and don't get me started on the films romantic interests.

Still it sets up nicely for the next one and the hulk spin off

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:24 - Apr 28 with 5333 viewsozexile

I quite liked it. Thought it was stronger than the first film. Great action, it'll do for me.
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:27 - Apr 28 with 5326 viewsDiscodroids

looking forward to it, anyone remember the captain america film of the mid eighties !.

had a huge collection of marvel and dc comics (bronze age, 1970's) that somewhat unfortunately i sold for south american kibble back in the 1990s.

had a daredevil 158, the first frank miller art ,and the first series of 'e man' c on charlton comics whih must be worth a bit now...

still got a few bits on dark horse comics , but have a huge soft spot for the 70's superhero..reminds me of when my old man would take me to east ham market and we would but them on a friday night when the old girl went shopping. i remember the marvel 'what if ' series being a big favourite of mine

memories.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:33 - Apr 28 with 5320 viewsozranger

I think my mate, the other Oz, sort of summed it up for me.. in the second part of his comment. Great action. I found the story a little too obvious throughout and perhaps instead of the wit we had the odd surprise, something unexpected, it may have pleased me more. Perhaps I am mellowing in my old age and really want something more than just special effects, something more than just the good guy versus the bad guy and something of a story line where the ending is not that obvious from the beginning. So, while I did enjoy the action, like the OP, I was a little disappointed with it. Hopefully the next one and spinoffs can be somewhat better.. or maybe I should just shut up and leave it to the younger audience!
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 14:16 - Apr 28 with 5258 viewsrobith

Still entertaining but it was a total mess plot and structure wise. Witty dialogue lacked the characterisation of the previous films - everyone was just churning out the same sass. Way too much of the film was about setting up the next line of films

Whedon's been acting mega narked in all the press screenings, lots of chat that disney interfered with the script a lot which makes sense as it starts out being all "are the avengers worth it" in a clear parable of US foreign policy but keeps turning "no they are 100% good" while also trying to set up a cap/iron man conflict for Civil War.

As such wasn't as good as the first one which could just exist as a stand alone, this was the MCU creaking under its own weight.

Also no one ever wants more screen time for Jeremy Renner
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 15:27 - Apr 28 with 5228 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Iron Man to Black Widow... "I hope you and Banner aren't playing hide the zucchini" made me laugh. Yeah, I'm a big kid at heart.

If you've been watching a TV series called Blacklist, all you'll be thinking about when Ultron speaks is Reddington's bald head wobbling around the screen. Ruined it for me a lil bit...
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 19:49 - Apr 28 with 5138 viewsHollowayRanger

anything with

is fine by me!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2015 20:43]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 19:55 - Apr 28 with 5149 viewsHAYESBOY

Was a big Marvel comic fan as a kid and now the technology is there to make these films makes me feel like a kid again.
AOU not quite as good as the first one but still a good film.
Supposedly the blu ray/DVD will have the directors cut at over 3hrs. Also with an alternate ending.
Cap 2 still the best Marvel film IMO.
Also have high hopes for future spider-man films now Marvel have joint production rights with Sony. Supposedly will be in Cap 3 Civil War.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 23:48 - Apr 28 with 5084 viewsPunteR

Marvels Guardians of the Galaxy is the best film I've seen for a while.
Agreed,it would be good to get Spidey back with the Avengers. Also like to see The Punisher let loose in a decent film.
Im not sure on DC's Batman v Superman, Ben Affleck isn't the right choice as a grizzled old Batman Imo. They've also nicked the story line from Frank Millers Dark knight returns novel.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2015 1:00]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Login to get fewer ads

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 02:15 - Apr 29 with 5050 viewsozexile

Yeah I'm not sure about that one either. Looks like its all leading to a justice league film. I think marvel have been a few steps ahead of dc here. Cant see justice league toppling avengers.
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 09:49 - Apr 29 with 5007 viewsBasingstokeR

I think Guardians of the Galaxy; generic villain and similar outline plot to all the other movies aside (neither a huge issue); is so much fun its my favourite of all the "Marvel movies".

I think AOU was always going to be a bit disappointing compared to the earlier film. More excited for Star Wars at Christmas after that last trailer which I'm worried has suddenly raised my expectations too high!
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 09:52 - Apr 29 with 5005 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Got to b honest, I've bought into all of the comic book films (having 2 kids helps) but this was disappointing to me. I think the Avengers 1 was brilliant but its been done to death now. Its obvious that its just a set up for the rest of the series and at some point they will all come together.
What I will say though is although guardians was a bit weird it did have a fantastic sound track to support it. worth getting just for that.
So, if youre into the whole franchise like me then go see the film. its worth a watch at least once although how Scarlett ever thought the sex was gonna work is beyond me !! Would love to have seen them try though..Maybe Hugh or Ron Jeremy could follow that through...
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 11:37 - Apr 29 with 4982 viewsthame_hoops

Guardians was good, did anyone see the Howard the duck cameo

Not a huge DC fan but liked the Christian bale batman, I think Ben affleck will be excellent although as I said on another thread I just don't get how batman vs superman will even be a contest, yes I know he'll use kryptonite but all superman needs to do is to get within a foot of batman and Bruce is toast
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:19 - Apr 29 with 4969 viewsrobith

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 11:37 - Apr 29 by thame_hoops

Not a huge DC fan but liked the Christian bale batman, I think Ben affleck will be excellent although as I said on another thread I just don't get how batman vs superman will even be a contest, yes I know he'll use kryptonite but all superman needs to do is to get within a foot of batman and Bruce is toast

Batman vs Superman has Zac Synder directing, and thus is going to be absolute garbage. King of the hacks
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:33 - Apr 29 with 4956 viewssimmo

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:19 - Apr 29 by robith

Batman vs Superman has Zac Synder directing, and thus is going to be absolute garbage. King of the hacks

Agree with this. Also the trailer shows Batman going head to head with Superman, rather than working together - how is this even plausible??

Age of Ultron I thought was epic, but felt a little disappointing and laboured at times. Think that's got a lot to do with expectation though, after the 1st one, where you didn't really know what to expect but were still blown away, it's hard not to sit there and demand to be highly entertained. Based on that I think it was good - character development, brilliant action scenes and still the occasional break for humour amongst the carnage. Also quite sad to see Quiksilver die, the accents for him and his sister were terrible but I liked them overall (also noted the numeorus gratuitous cleavage shots for Scarlett Witch). Hope the rumours of a directors cut are right and there will be a different kind of film to look forward to, although I have no idea after how good the first one was why they didn't just let Whedon do whatever the fck he liked.

Hulk is still the best parts of the fight scenes, interested to see how good his solo films can be without the other Avengers...

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:46 - Apr 29 with 4951 viewsozexile

Oh no didn't realise he was directing. Will give it a miss. One of the trailers here was for. ant man. Didn't like the look of that either.
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 21:16 - Apr 29 with 4906 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:33 - Apr 29 by simmo

Agree with this. Also the trailer shows Batman going head to head with Superman, rather than working together - how is this even plausible??

Age of Ultron I thought was epic, but felt a little disappointing and laboured at times. Think that's got a lot to do with expectation though, after the 1st one, where you didn't really know what to expect but were still blown away, it's hard not to sit there and demand to be highly entertained. Based on that I think it was good - character development, brilliant action scenes and still the occasional break for humour amongst the carnage. Also quite sad to see Quiksilver die, the accents for him and his sister were terrible but I liked them overall (also noted the numeorus gratuitous cleavage shots for Scarlett Witch). Hope the rumours of a directors cut are right and there will be a different kind of film to look forward to, although I have no idea after how good the first one was why they didn't just let Whedon do whatever the fck he liked.

Hulk is still the best parts of the fight scenes, interested to see how good his solo films can be without the other Avengers...

" the trailer shows Batman going head to head with Superman, rather than working together - how is this even plausible??"

Red kryptonite, apparently...

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 22:41 - Apr 29 with 4880 viewsthame_hoops

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 21:16 - Apr 29 by Hoop_Du_Jour

" the trailer shows Batman going head to head with Superman, rather than working together - how is this even plausible??"

Red kryptonite, apparently...

Cheers for that video, The scene where batman looks up at superman with the white eyes is exactly what's on the new trailer
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 23:44 - Apr 29 with 4856 viewsPunteR

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 11:37 - Apr 29 by thame_hoops

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 10:22 - Apr 30 with 4811 viewstimcocking

No of fence, but i wouldn't watch it for any amount of money. Well, not for less than four figures. Certain I'd rate it 1 out of 10.

Any film with good special effects will almost certainly be, at least to me, utter sh!te.

Withnail and I, Pulp Fiction, Fargo. That is what movies should be like. Anything with explosions or, heaven forbid, a car chase, can fcuk right off Imo.
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 10:51 - Apr 30 with 4801 viewsrobith

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 10:22 - Apr 30 by timcocking

No of fence, but i wouldn't watch it for any amount of money. Well, not for less than four figures. Certain I'd rate it 1 out of 10.

Any film with good special effects will almost certainly be, at least to me, utter sh!te.

Withnail and I, Pulp Fiction, Fargo. That is what movies should be like. Anything with explosions or, heaven forbid, a car chase, can fcuk right off Imo.

#opinions

Also love this kind of thing "NO, *my* mainstream movies are better than your mainstream movies!"
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 10:54 - Apr 30 with 4791 viewsTheBlob

Linda Thorson was no replacement for Diana Rigg.

Don't get me started on Joanna Lumley.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 10:58 - Apr 30 with 4793 viewsrobith

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 12:33 - Apr 29 by simmo

Sadly I think a Ruffalo fronted Hulk movie is unlikely. There isn't one scheduled and his contract is for 5 films so after Infinity Wars parts 1&2 and one other cameo (chat that it will be Doctor Strange) he's out of contract and it's 2020.

It's not outside the realms of possibility, but the timings making it difficult, and it would need to be Ruffalo
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 11:12 - Apr 30 with 4789 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Haven't seen it yet but from what I've heard it's pretty damn awesome although a lot are saying it's not as good as the first (most sequels never are...)

Great news that Spidey is returning to the fold, now if only they could do the same with the Fantastic Four and X-Men... although the last few X-Men films have been pretty good.

One to watch out for though is Deadpool. That's going to be huge.
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 11:15 - Apr 30 with 4787 viewsozexile

I think suicide squad will be the best dc film. Jared leto as the joker will be interesting.
Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 11:21 - Apr 30 with 4784 viewsthame_hoops

Avengers-age of ultron movie. (NON QPR) SPOLIERS on 11:15 - Apr 30 by ozexile

I think suicide squad will be the best dc film. Jared leto as the joker will be interesting.

that does look intersting.

have to say the last spideman films with andrew garfield have been good. i hope sony doesnt do another reboot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024