Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yet another summer in absolute chaos 12:34 - May 12 with 5160 viewsrichpr

Unfortunately, the FFP legal dispute will probably run and run. In the meantime, we will not be able to buy players, plan a strategy for whatever league we are in. We will probably be forced to let everyone go who has no contract, sell everyone (some on the cheap) who are on contracts and be left with no team by the time the season starts.
I personally believe that the FFP rules are a disgrace. They make the rich teams richer and the small teams smaller. When they were introduced, they should have been introduced in a gradual way over 3-5 years to enable teams to adapt and to plan ahead. Rangers were stuck with players on high wages and long term contracts - and before you all start on about Tony F - he tried to stay in the PL - what do you do - you trust a manager to recruit the right players. The only way to get proper PL players to come to a team like Rangers is to pay over the odds. Even then, if they become a hit like Austin, you have to pay them massive wages on a long term deal to either keep them or to secure a big fee when the big boys come in to buy. It is a no win position for a team like Rangers with an 18,000 capacity. HR is the real villain here - not down to his effort - but because in his belief in hiring old, paceless, injury prone ex-PL players usually at the last minute.

You will see next year at least 2 of the promoted teams get relegated. Because of the badly thought out FFP rules this will continue to be the case until the PL splits in to 2 leagues (Rich boys league, semi-rich boys league bored of never having anything to play for).Because of the Bosman ruling, you cannot cap players earnings which is a shame as this would be the only way to allow teams to compete equally for players.

I am quite happy being out of the PL in the championship or conference - not having to see the opposition doing fly-dives over an outstretched toe-nail, banging the ground in apparent agony only to get up 2 seconds later when no-one comes to his attention as they all know he's acting - ref. Giroud v Swansea - also seeing Terry trying to influence/bully the ref. Would love to see PL players play vs. a Rugby League team.

Oh well - at least we will have a chance to go to Wembley again and hopefully repeat a great experience rather than constantly battling relegation in the PL.
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 12:37 - May 12 with 3712 viewsozexile

And the kit wont be ready till October.
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 12:43 - May 12 with 3683 viewsPunteR

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 12:37 - May 12 by ozexile

And the kit wont be ready till October.

Seriously?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 12:44 - May 12 with 3671 viewsozexile

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 12:43 - May 12 by PunteR

Seriously?

Ha ha no idea I'm just going by previous years.
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 12:45 - May 12 with 3662 viewsdaveB

kit has been in the shop before the start of the season for the last few years, it's the only thing they've got right
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 12:51 - May 12 with 3636 viewsLowerloftLad

Don't forget Austin being at the club until Friday at 5pm on the eve of the new season before being sold for 12mill to tottenham

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 13:09 - May 12 with 3575 viewsMonahoop

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 12:45 - May 12 by daveB

kit has been in the shop before the start of the season for the last few years, it's the only thing they've got right

Oh great! Good to see the club has got its priorities in order then.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 13:55 - May 12 with 3492 viewsEastR

With the potential adversity of FFP, and the uncertainty around it, there are opportunities. For a change let’s not wait before making decisions and be more pro-active. I was sick of hearing last year that everyone had a jump start on us because we came up via the play offs. If you know it’s a possibility, make contingency plans: Scenario A; Scenario B. Not the usual Scenario Last Minute.
Don’t wait for someone else to decide for you, make your own plans.
If the Chairman is not capable of managing it, get someone who can. It’s not rocket science FFS.
Based on how the last four years have been that clearly needs addressing, otherwise we’ll have another season of excuses as to why we’re not progressing in the right direction.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 14:02 - May 12 with 3472 viewsBakes

The whole FFP thing will drag on and on all summer and then we will find out either way near the end of the transfer window, then it will be too late to sign anyone and we will get relegated. Whatever happens it's going to be farcical.

I'm sick to death of my team being the laughing stock of English football, always in the headlines for the wrong reasons, we are a circus and until the ring leader Uncle Tone Steps aside we will continue to be.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Login to get fewer ads

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 14:19 - May 12 with 3422 viewsSpiritofGregory

At least we can't face a points deduction our promotion to the Premier League put a stop to that.
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 14:26 - May 12 with 3407 viewseastside_r

I’d expect that both parties have agreed to be bound by the decision of the Independent Panel.

(If not then we would have the FL over a barrel. Tell them to stick their fine and threaten them with Court of Arbitration for Sport.)

FL Fixtures set to be published 17th June, it will be done either way by then IMHO.
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 14:31 - May 12 with 3366 viewswombat

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 14:26 - May 12 by eastside_r

I’d expect that both parties have agreed to be bound by the decision of the Independent Panel.

(If not then we would have the FL over a barrel. Tell them to stick their fine and threaten them with Court of Arbitration for Sport.)

FL Fixtures set to be published 17th June, it will be done either way by then IMHO.

well at present we dont have the following
1. a ceo
2. a manager
so cant see feck all being done until at least one of these are in place if not both.
id guess we will know more after the second leg of the brentford game asto whats happening on one or maybe both fronts

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 14:31 - May 12 with 3366 viewsSpiritofGregory

Isn't the £50m Nike deal starting at the start of the season, 5 year deal paid upfront.
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 15:01 - May 12 with 3271 viewsClive_Anderson

Whenever a butterfly flaps its wings on the other side of the world it sets in motion a chain of events that ends in complete chaos at Loftus Road.
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 15:05 - May 12 with 3249 viewswombat

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 15:01 - May 12 by Clive_Anderson

Whenever a butterfly flaps its wings on the other side of the world it sets in motion a chain of events that ends in complete chaos at Loftus Road.

its hard to think that the club was probably in better order when GP and the rest of the clowns were in charge

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 15:08 - May 12 with 3241 viewsSomersetHoops

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 13:09 - May 12 by Monahoop

Oh great! Good to see the club has got its priorities in order then.

Did they get the kit right? This year's kit was the worst we've had in the last two centuries - although other candidates may be suggested.

Who's Next?

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 15:23 - May 12 with 3206 viewsNorthernr

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 14:31 - May 12 by SpiritofGregory

Isn't the £50m Nike deal starting at the start of the season, 5 year deal paid upfront.

The only thing that's accurate in that sentence is that Nike are our kit manufacturer.
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 15:24 - May 12 with 3204 viewshopphoops

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 12:45 - May 12 by daveB

They only had to pick them up from JD sports last year though.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 16:30 - May 12 with 3148 viewsQPRMUSO

I think the FFP or FUP as it really is won't have a leg to stand on with our lawyers pulling all kinds of legal holes in it. This is big money involved here even if the fine was to be £58m, the losses that would come as a result of dropping a league or two or even penalty points preventing any opportunity for QPR to bounce back in a season are absolutely massive. They would be able to prove that the Financial Fair play rule is actually a Financial Unfair Play rule and major concessions will have to be made. Fingers crossed but I am hopeful.

Good post richpr!
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 16:39 - May 12 with 3121 viewsBklynRanger

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 14:26 - May 12 by eastside_r

I hope you're right. I can't say I know how these things work but I've been imagining a situation where the FL are itching to immediately fine us the 58mill and our team of overpaid lawyers respond by challenging the details of the ruling. In other words we'd be the ones dragging it out by challenging it.
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 16:58 - May 12 with 3088 viewsderbyhoop

Here's PART of the scenario.
Zarate and Vargas loans come to an end and they return to their parent clubs.
Zamora is out of contract and, for his own health, is put out to grass.
Austin is sold.

So, pre-season starts with our only striker being Reece Grego-Cox, an 18 year old with 20 minutes experience at senior level.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 17:02 - May 12 with 3077 viewsQPR_John

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 16:39 - May 12 by BklynRanger

I hope you're right. I can't say I know how these things work but I've been imagining a situation where the FL are itching to immediately fine us the 58mill and our team of overpaid lawyers respond by challenging the details of the ruling. In other words we'd be the ones dragging it out by challenging it.

You have to asked why the delay by the FL. What more information do the FL require, we are relegated and they have our accounts.
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 17:09 - May 12 with 3055 viewswombat

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 17:02 - May 12 by QPR_John

You have to asked why the delay by the FL. What more information do the FL require, we are relegated and they have our accounts.

you can be sure this wont be a quick court case , id guess at mid june before we have a clue whats going on fine and embargo wise prob july so we are left with scrapping around for the bargain basements once again

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 17:14 - May 12 with 3051 viewsQPR_John

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 17:09 - May 12 by wombat

you can be sure this wont be a quick court case , id guess at mid june before we have a clue whats going on fine and embargo wise prob july so we are left with scrapping around for the bargain basements once again

If there is a court case which I doubt will be settled before July then their can be no punishment from the FL until it is resolved.
[Post edited 12 May 2015 17:15]
Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 17:22 - May 12 with 3023 viewsPunteR

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 17:02 - May 12 by QPR_John

I wondered this. But they dragged their heels over our points deduction mess a few years ago. Just tell us, ie the paying fans what the penalty is!
I do wonder how many millions QPR will have to pay for lawers,court costs etc.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Yet another summer in absolute chaos on 17:31 - May 12 with 3009 viewsitsbiga

From a Times article

In the euphoria of Queens Park Rangers’ promotion to the Barclays Premier League last May, Tony Fernandes was asked whether he would fight the threat of a record fine over any breach of the Football League’s financial regulations. “What do you think?” he asked, breathlessly. “It’s my middle name. I’m ‘Fight It’ Fernandes.”
For QPR’s sake, one hopes that their case, as they prepare for a legal battle with the Football League, is based on something more solid and more reliable than their chairman’s belligerence.
This is a serious issue for English football because QPR, their relegation from the Premier League confirmed on Sunday, face the threat of a fine of up to £57.9 million for breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations. Should an arbitration panel reject QPR’s challenge to the legality of FFP, the London club’s financial brinkmanship of recent years will result in the heaviest sanctions the English game has known. Should QPR succeed in watering down any sanction, let alone overturning it, the Football League will be thrown into a state of severe turmoil.
Fernandes and QPR can hardly claim to have been taken by surprise. Having avoided relegation from the Premier League by the skin of their teeth three years ago, they had had plenty of time to prepare for FFP by the time they went down to the Sky Bet Championship in May 2013. Yet, faced with regulations that permitted a maximum loss of £8 million for Championship clubs in 2013-14, QPR followed an extensive cost-cutting exercise (offloading Christopher Samba, Jose Bosingwa, Park Ji Sung, Djibril Cissé and other big earners) by signing Richard Dunne, Karl Henry, Charlie Austin and others. They ended up with an operating loss of £69.7 million, imagining that the Football League would overlook that they benefited from a £60 million equity investment from Fernandes.
That QPR were promoted last May, by the skin of their teeth with victory over Derby County in the play-off final, saw them escape the Football League’s jurisdiction last summer, but only for as long as they could stay in the Premier League. That in itself is symptomatic of English football’s dysfunction – spend your way to the top flight and financial fair play regulations cannot hurt you – but QPR thought they would spend enough in the Premier League to get away with it. The problem for the Fernandes regime has always been the misplaced belief that you can get rid of a problem by throwing money at it.
Fernandes is not, on the face of it, one of the bad guys. The bad guys are those owners who, as at Newcastle United, Birmingham City, Blackpool, Coventry City and far too many other clubs in recent years, have exploited historic institutions without showing a shred of respect or regard for the town and people they represent. Fernandes has the right amount of respect and empathy for what QPR is supposed to represent. What he has not shown – what his regime at Loftus Road has never shown, nor even hinted at, no matter who the man in charge of the team – is the intelligence and responsibility to act on more than impulse.
That impulsiveness comes from the top of the club. Speak to agents and they will tell you that, no matter how poor the recruitment by Neil Warnock, Mark Hughes and Harry Redknapp, there has been a culture of astounding extravagance at Loftus Road. Their wage bill for 2013-14 – in the Championship – was £75.3 million, which was close to those at Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid and far beyond those at Stoke City and Swansea City, clubs who have found stability in the Premier League without resorting to chequebook management.
Fernandes, the group chief executive officer of AirAsia, is just the latest highly successful businessman to leave his principles at the gates when entering the football world. Owing to the sums involved in the broadcast deals, it has become hard to record a loss in the Premier League but there is no shortage of Football League clubs who have overstretched in desperate pursuit of promotion.
Blackburn Rovers, Leeds United and Nottingham Forest have endured transfer embargos as punishment for their losses. QPR just about managed to escape the Football League’s jurisdiction, but, when a club is run as haphazardly as they have been, both and off the pitch, it is only a question of running, not hiding.
For Fernandes, the instinct is not to hide but to fight. It is an instinct that has rarely been shared by the modern-day QPR. At Football League level – if not on a European level – FFP exists to save clubs from themselves. That is an instinct that QPR lack. Their only answer, it seems, has been to come out fighting – whether in the transfer market or in the courts. So far, at least, it has done them far more harm than good.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024