Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton already looking to move on? 17:09 - May 14 with 21103 viewsActonOccident

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/joey-barton-to-marsei

If Marseille once again can't meet the wage demands then I guess it's cheerio to our Joseph.
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:01 - May 15 with 2622 viewsBasingstokeR

Barton already looking to move on? on 13:47 - May 15 by kingsburyR

Stand by your beds.....

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 11m11 minutes ago
I am still of the belief that if you're part of a team that goes down. You should try to help them back up. But that decision is not mine.

Its got to be at least 1% your decision Joey! No-one should pay you what you're on now next season.
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:03 - May 15 with 2611 viewsHunterhoop

I will celebrate the day the bloke leaves our club. He epitomises what we've done wrong. If you're trying to change culture you have to be thorough.

Some people get mesmerised by the fact he runs around a lot (often like a headless chicken) and occasionally sprays a nice Hollywood pass.

But,

- he gives the ball away A LOT
- he is ill disciplined
- his positioning is suspect at times (due to his headless chicken act)
- he airs our dirty laundry to the press
- he's more interested in self promotion than anything else
- he criticises other clubs when his and our houses are clearly not in order
- he takes some appalling set pieces
- he's on £80k a week that's just £4.16m PER F*CKING YEAR!
- every manager that's left since he's been here he's come out afterwards basically saying they weren't good and things weren't right at the club under them - maybe true but a) what did you do to fix that, Joey? and b) probably indicates he wasn't exactly backing them to the hilt.
- clearly doesn't get on with a number of the squad, ie. those he calls "bad eggs" at the very least
- Actively tried to leave us (Marseille) and not return
- Has clearly been exploring leaving us whilst the season was still 'live'
- Previously said the Championship (the league we'll be in) is beneath him

Given this list, why on earth would be offer him another deal?! There are LOTS of players in league football who could do an almost equivalent job to him ON the pitch and would be far far better off it and would cost about 1/8th the price.

If we offer him a new deal, we're f*cking stupid.
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:04 - May 15 with 2608 viewsvblockranger

Joseph BartonVerified account
‏@Joey7Barton
A lot of people talking on here like they've been involved in contract/transfer negotiations. Not sure how when you work in Sainsbury's.

‏@Joey7Barton
Remember Football Manager isn't reality. Stick to picking your Fantasy Football team. Leave the real stuff to those paid to do it... 🔔🔚's
[Post edited 15 May 2015 14:05]
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:05 - May 15 with 2603 viewsEastR

Barton already looking to move on? on 13:47 - May 15 by kingsburyR

Stand by your beds.....

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 11m11 minutes ago
I am still of the belief that if you're part of a team that goes down. You should try to help them back up. But that decision is not mine.

* (I'm only asking for 65k a week)

[Post edited 15 May 2015 14:06]

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:07 - May 15 with 2589 viewsNorthernr

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:04 - May 15 by vblockranger

‏@Joey7Barton
A lot of people talking on here like they've been involved in contract/transfer negotiations. Not sure how when you work in Sainsbury's.

‏@Joey7Barton
Remember Football Manager isn't reality. Stick to picking your Fantasy Football team. Leave the real stuff to those paid to do it... 🔔🔚's

All these fcking thick morons working in Sainsbury's are what's wrong with this country.
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:12 - May 15 with 2567 viewsWeaverQPR

This tw@t is our captain ffs

@WeavQPR

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:13 - May 15 with 2562 viewsHunterhoop

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:07 - May 15 by Northernr

All these fcking thick morons working in Sainsbury's are what's wrong with this country.

"Man of the People" and all that...

The bloke is a total tool. I'm not sure there's ever been someone who's own view of his own intelligence differs so vastly from his actual intelligence. It's astonishing sometimes.

Does football (players, agents, chairman, etc) have a monopoly on judgement, negotiating contract terms, decision making? Of course, none of those things happen in EVERY SINGLE OTHER SECTOR OF BUSINESS IN THE WORLD!

The bloke knows almost nothing...and what he does is regurgitated ideologies.
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:17 - May 15 with 2554 viewsBakes

Joeys the gift that just keeps giving isn't he..

He's having a pop at Rodders now..

@RodneyMarsh10: @Joey7Barton

>Sack your agent

@Joey7Barton: @RodneyMarsh10

For what Rodney? I'm unemployed in a month. Sounds like he's just doing his job?

>You said he approached another team without your permission & you read it first in the paper.

I keep wondering how you know so much and you were such a legend and yet nobody offers you a job? Why is that?

>There's an old Cheyenne Indian saying 'Never get into a pissing contest with a skunk'
#myerror

sounds like very wise words Rod. Enough freeloading from you for one day. Don't let the bitterness eat you up.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Login to get fewer ads

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:19 - May 15 with 2542 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:03 - May 15 by Hunterhoop

I will celebrate the day the bloke leaves our club. He epitomises what we've done wrong. If you're trying to change culture you have to be thorough.

Some people get mesmerised by the fact he runs around a lot (often like a headless chicken) and occasionally sprays a nice Hollywood pass.

But,

- he gives the ball away A LOT
- he is ill disciplined
- his positioning is suspect at times (due to his headless chicken act)
- he airs our dirty laundry to the press
- he's more interested in self promotion than anything else
- he criticises other clubs when his and our houses are clearly not in order
- he takes some appalling set pieces
- he's on £80k a week that's just £4.16m PER F*CKING YEAR!
- every manager that's left since he's been here he's come out afterwards basically saying they weren't good and things weren't right at the club under them - maybe true but a) what did you do to fix that, Joey? and b) probably indicates he wasn't exactly backing them to the hilt.
- clearly doesn't get on with a number of the squad, ie. those he calls "bad eggs" at the very least
- Actively tried to leave us (Marseille) and not return
- Has clearly been exploring leaving us whilst the season was still 'live'
- Previously said the Championship (the league we'll be in) is beneath him

Given this list, why on earth would be offer him another deal?! There are LOTS of players in league football who could do an almost equivalent job to him ON the pitch and would be far far better off it and would cost about 1/8th the price.

If we offer him a new deal, we're f*cking stupid.

'We're f*cking stupid'

That ship has sailed mate.

Agree with all you've said.
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:24 - May 15 with 2522 viewsNov77

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:17 - May 15 by Bakes

>Sack your agent

For what Rodney? I'm unemployed in a month. Sounds like he's just doing his job?

>You said he approached another team without your permission & you read it first in the paper.

I keep wondering how you know so much and you were such a legend and yet nobody offers you a job? Why is that?

>There's an old Cheyenne Indian saying 'Never get into a pissing contest with a skunk'
#myerror

sounds like very wise words Rod. Enough freeloading from you for one day. Don't let the bitterness eat you up.

So joeys belittling a club legend now? Not the smartest is he?
Maybe someone should tell him Rodney helped deliver this clubs only major trophy and put this club on the map.

Joeys part of a team that reduced us to a shambolic laughing stock.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:24 - May 15 with 2522 views08olesen

I think we would be stupid not to give him a contract. As much as they guy is a bit of a bell, it felt like he was a crucial part of us getting up last year, and has done ok this year. He is a very good championship player.

I agree we need a revamp of the squad, but not all at once or we will be heading to league 1. Barton and Henry would both do a job in CDM in the championship.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:34 - May 15 with 2483 viewsFDC

#myerror

That made me laugh.

Agree with Hunterhoop's thorough summary. (Although do any of us, with the exception of SoG of course, know what salaries anyone's on?).

We need to build a new team, a new club really, and egos like Barton are precisely what we don't need to achieve that.

I'm hoping Les sees it that way too to be honest.
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:35 - May 15 with 2481 viewsganjR

Barton already looking to move on? on 13:30 - May 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

What good work does he do off the field?

Maybe I'm being harsh and he's a secret philanthropist, but all I hear about are his Twitter baiting of players and celebrities, and his never ending social commentary. All of this , while his right to do, doesn't do the club any favours.

I've also heard he's hated by non football staff at Harlington because of his attitude and that he refused to attend away games while injured or suspended.

Hardly a club man is he?

Sorry mate, but he has done some nice things with a couple of very Ill supporters, taking time out for them, keeping in touch etc.
I saw on a Wolves forum that one of their players got ample praise for giving a similar fan his shirt and a note (didnt meet him mind), Joey has done alot more than that.
I'm not standing up as pro-Barton here, just some on this board (not saying you mate as you've always seemed sound tbf) just want to jump from extremes. It's a message board, so can understand that the Internet does that to some people, but I'm just trying to see both sides.
Barton is one of these players that if you hate, you hate no matter what.
Threads on him and 'our' Adel usually descend into a window lickers gang bang.
Ultimately, if we can get a leader, who is a better and cheaper and younger player, then great.
With all the FFP rubbish going on and the way the clubs being run. I doubt it'll happen.
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:37 - May 15 with 2466 viewsfakekerby

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:17 - May 15 by Bakes

>Sack your agent

#myerror

I'm glad he's timed his latest implosion before we sign the deal.
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:38 - May 15 with 2460 viewsRangersw12

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:04 - May 15 by vblockranger

‏@Joey7Barton

‏@Joey7Barton

And this sums up why he is a complete and utter cnt and really can't wait for him to leave
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:44 - May 15 with 2444 viewsdaveB

Hunter is bang on but we're stupid and I expect he'll end up staying
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:44 - May 15 with 2442 viewsAgedR

I'll miss the Nietzsche

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:55 - May 15 with 2412 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

'Unemployed in a month'

He makes it sound like Lidl are letting him go.

I'd love to be his agent. I'd be throwing decent offers in the bin.

'Nothing this week Joey, shall I give Tranmere a ring again? They need a back up for their tea lady'
Barton already looking to move on? on 14:57 - May 15 with 2388 viewsWeaverQPR

Maybe Fleetwood will snap him up again

@WeavQPR

Barton already looking to move on? on 15:01 - May 15 with 2364 viewsJuzzie

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:55 - May 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

'Unemployed in a month'

He makes it sound like Lidl are letting him go.

I'd love to be his agent. I'd be throwing decent offers in the bin.

'Nothing this week Joey, shall I give Tranmere a ring again? They need a back up for their tea lady'

"'Unemployed in a month'

He makes it sound like Lidl are letting him go."

That's what I thought too. He must be worth £15m+ and he's making it sound like he's going to be on skid row.

I'd love to be worth £15m and unemployed next month, there's so much in life I could do and none of it would go on Twa.tter.

[Post edited 15 May 2015 15:02]
Barton already looking to move on? on 15:08 - May 15 with 2352 viewsterryb

Thisis a difficult one for me. I've never liked him & definitely didn't want Queens Park Rangers to sign him. However, over the past two seasons he has worked harder for us than any other player.

IF (very doubtful) he accepted a realistic salary, then I could not object to him playing for us next season. He lacks the ability of someone like Fer, but offers the club far more!

Where I would definitely support him is in any desire to find a club (including us) that will give him employment from 1/7/15. Of course his financial need for employment is not the same as any of us that are on the breadline, but his mental need may be just as great.
Barton already looking to move on? on 17:36 - May 15 with 2241 viewsNW10Hoop

Barton already looking to move on? on 00:47 - May 15 by Northernr

Well because the Marseille chairman says he's approached them but he's asking for way too much money. Joey has told us repeatedly he's made decisions for money before and it was a big mistake, that it's not about money any more, that it's about his happiness and enjoying his football. He's already told us repeatedly that he loved Marseille and wanted to stay there - loved the football (where they brought him off the bench with four minutes of the game left), loved the lifestyle, loved his place etc.

So people are possibly taking 'offence' because here's Marseille saying they;'d have him back, if only he wasn't asking for so much money. It's not so much 'offence' as knowing when some thick oik is talking absolute sht.

And as for his "work rate" - hasn't it gone up exponentially since he came back from his three match ban? Coincidentally, just as his contract is about to expire and he needs another one. If only he'd been as committed and useful for the previous three and a half years of the deal. If only he'd been so committed and useful at Hull.

As Joey himself says: "If you're a wrong 'un, you're a wrong 'un."

Look, I'm not flying the flag for Barton in particular. If we could replace him with someone of similar ability, decent age, sensible wages and an aversion to Twitter he'd be ideal for us in the championship. But first season apart I've quite enjoyed having Barton in the team. No matter how much he loves it in Marseille surely his agent will try and get him paid as much as possible?

He's been man of the match for us countless times for us in the championship and again in the premiership, so let's send him on his way giving him the middle finger as he goes. Let us do that while not even know inn if we are gonna be allowed to sign a replacement.

How about a bit of pragmatism?
Barton already looking to move on? on 17:47 - May 15 with 2220 viewsTacticalR

A very bad man.

Air hostess clique

Barton already looking to move on? on 17:49 - May 15 with 2210 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Barton already looking to move on? on 17:36 - May 15 by NW10Hoop

Look, I'm not flying the flag for Barton in particular. If we could replace him with someone of similar ability, decent age, sensible wages and an aversion to Twitter he'd be ideal for us in the championship. But first season apart I've quite enjoyed having Barton in the team. No matter how much he loves it in Marseille surely his agent will try and get him paid as much as possible?

He's been man of the match for us countless times for us in the championship and again in the premiership, so let's send him on his way giving him the middle finger as he goes. Let us do that while not even know inn if we are gonna be allowed to sign a replacement.

How about a bit of pragmatism?

If football was all down to pragmatism, I'd be sticking my money in an ISA not spunking it on the R's it every Saturday.

He is a embarrassment. I am willing to have a Barton sized hole in the squad to rid ourselves of that embarrassment, detrimental to success or not.
[Post edited 15 May 2015 18:10]
Barton already looking to move on? on 18:32 - May 15 with 2150 viewsstansleftfoot

Barton already looking to move on? on 12:57 - May 15 by daveB

He's still a very good player in the championship but going to have to take a massive cut in wages to stay, I sadly think we're stupid enough to keep him on just so we have some experience around the squad next season

It must be me but I've never seen a player who is incapable of systematically passing the ball quickly in one division be suddenly improved by playing in another. If I remember rightly Barton struggled to get regular games at Marseille. Not good enough in the EPl wouldn't be improved by playing in the Championship.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024