Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton already looking to move on? 17:09 - May 14 with 21105 viewsActonOccident

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/joey-barton-to-marsei

If Marseille once again can't meet the wage demands then I guess it's cheerio to our Joseph.
Barton already looking to move on? on 21:03 - May 15 with 2520 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 9m9 minutes ago

@RodneyMarsh10 just another skint, washed up ex-player, full of hatred. Let it go mate. You peaked over 40 yrs ago in Div2. #jogon
13 retweets 8 favorites

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 6m6 minutes ago

There you go Hot-Rod. Must publicity you've ever had... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Marsh_(footballer) … 🔔🔚
2 retweets 4 favorites

Give @rodneymarsh a follow. He's a 70yr old ex-footballer who likes arguing with current players on social media.
22 retweets 31 favorites

What an absolute tosser, sad.
Barton already looking to move on? on 21:22 - May 15 with 2480 viewsHoop_Du_Jour

The Hate just keeps coming from JB. Think he's realised there's no new contract and he's acting like spoiled kid... "I hate you! You shoulda give me my Xbox!"
Barton already looking to move on? on 21:30 - May 15 with 2447 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Barton already looking to move on? on 14:35 - May 15 by ganjR

Sorry mate, but he has done some nice things with a couple of very Ill supporters, taking time out for them, keeping in touch etc.
I saw on a Wolves forum that one of their players got ample praise for giving a similar fan his shirt and a note (didnt meet him mind), Joey has done alot more than that.
I'm not standing up as pro-Barton here, just some on this board (not saying you mate as you've always seemed sound tbf) just want to jump from extremes. It's a message board, so can understand that the Internet does that to some people, but I'm just trying to see both sides.
Barton is one of these players that if you hate, you hate no matter what.
Threads on him and 'our' Adel usually descend into a window lickers gang bang.
Ultimately, if we can get a leader, who is a better and cheaper and younger player, then great.
With all the FFP rubbish going on and the way the clubs being run. I doubt it'll happen.

Missed this.

Not saying he hasn't visited some sick kids. Clubs usually organise this. But good on him if it isn't an ego boost.

I would add though, that Adam Johnson, Marlon King, and John Terry have also probably visited sick kids.
Barton already looking to move on? on 21:38 - May 15 with 2422 viewsW5R

The bloke is a kant
Barton already looking to move on? on 21:38 - May 15 with 2418 viewsJigsore

total penis

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Barton already looking to move on? on 21:39 - May 15 with 2443 viewsPinnerR

I have never understood this vilification of Barton.

Forget tweets or newspaper columns, on the pitch he's a bloke who has limited footballing skills but, throughout his career, has worked to improve them.

He'll be superb in the Championship. Let's try to keep him.
Barton already looking to move on? on 22:06 - May 15 with 2398 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Barton already looking to move on? on 21:39 - May 15 by PinnerR

Forget tweets or newspaper columns, on the pitch he's a bloke who has limited footballing skills but, throughout his career, has worked to improve them.

You and a couple of thousand in the Q and R blocks.
Barton already looking to move on? on 22:15 - May 15 with 2373 viewsYorkRanger

Barton already looking to move on? on 21:03 - May 15 by Hoop_Du_Jour

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton 9m9 minutes ago

@RodneyMarsh10 just another skint, washed up ex-player, full of hatred. Let it go mate. You peaked over 40 yrs ago in Div2. #jogon
13 retweets 8 favorites

There you go Hot-Rod. Must publicity you've ever had... http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodney_Marsh_(footballer) … 🔔🔚
2 retweets 4 favorites

Give @rodneymarsh a follow. He's a 70yr old ex-footballer who likes arguing with current players on social media.
22 retweets 31 favorites

What an absolute tosser, sad.

And this is someone that people still want at our club?

Get rid asap
Login to get fewer ads

Barton already looking to move on? on 22:24 - May 15 with 2351 viewsPunteR

He plays well in the championship but time for him to move on.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Barton already looking to move on? on 22:34 - May 15 with 2326 viewskarl

Can't believe the night before a game he's on twitter slagging off a club legend.
If Les and Fernandes have got anything about them he wont be playing tomorrow, this has to be the night the club changes.
Barton already looking to move on? on 22:36 - May 15 with 2324 viewsflynnbo

Rodney=legend; Barton=twàt
Barton already looking to move on? on 22:42 - May 15 with 2310 viewsNorthernr

Missed the various crucial games he got stupidly sent off in?
Barton already looking to move on? on 22:50 - May 15 with 2285 viewsSupertk

Barton already looking to move on? on 22:42 - May 15 by Northernr

Missed the various crucial games he got stupidly sent off in?

Missed the games he's been our best player..?
Barton already looking to move on? on 22:55 - May 15 with 2270 viewskarl

A one paced one dimensional player who has slowed down with age. Forgive me for saying b*ll*cks.
He's been playing for a contract this last month or two.

Biggest laugh? He slagged off Rodney by telling him he played when the game was slow, he hasnt a clue
Barton already looking to move on? on 23:10 - May 15 with 2218 viewsSpiritofGregory

Joey can't compete with Marsh. Rodney has made him look like a fool.
Barton already looking to move on? on 23:23 - May 15 with 2194 viewsSpiritofGregory

Barton already looking to move on? on 17:36 - May 15 by NW10Hoop

Look, I'm not flying the flag for Barton in particular. If we could replace him with someone of similar ability, decent age, sensible wages and an aversion to Twitter he'd be ideal for us in the championship. But first season apart I've quite enjoyed having Barton in the team. No matter how much he loves it in Marseille surely his agent will try and get him paid as much as possible?

He's been man of the match for us countless times for us in the championship and again in the premiership, so let's send him on his way giving him the middle finger as he goes. Let us do that while not even know inn if we are gonna be allowed to sign a replacement.

How about a bit of pragmatism?

He was never man of the match last season when we played any of the top six sides. Being man of the match this season is nothing to be proud of.

Barton has a good engine that's about it. He has limited technical ability which was severely exposed this season after he gave away possession on countless occasions.
Barton already looking to move on? on 23:32 - May 15 with 2174 viewsganjR

Barton already looking to move on? on 21:30 - May 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Missed this.

Not saying he hasn't visited some sick kids. Clubs usually organise this. But good on him if it isn't an ego boost.

I would add though, that Adam Johnson, Marlon King, and John Terry have also probably visited sick kids.

Without trying to use such a matter as a joke.
Those three you mentioned were sick kids and are now sick in the head.
I take your point though, maybe not with Marlon King though as he has a loong list of previous. Doubt a club would allow him to take up such activities.
I'm just being pedantic on that though. lol
Barton already looking to move on? on 23:33 - May 15 with 2171 viewsAntti_Heinola

Barton already looking to move on? on 17:36 - May 15 by NW10Hoop

Look, I'm not flying the flag for Barton in particular. If we could replace him with someone of similar ability, decent age, sensible wages and an aversion to Twitter he'd be ideal for us in the championship. But first season apart I've quite enjoyed having Barton in the team. No matter how much he loves it in Marseille surely his agent will try and get him paid as much as possible?

He's been man of the match for us countless times for us in the championship and again in the premiership, so let's send him on his way giving him the middle finger as he goes. Let us do that while not even know inn if we are gonna be allowed to sign a replacement.

How about a bit of pragmatism?

Fact is, if the club are desperate to see if he'll stay, they shouldn't be offering more than £15k per week absolute tops. He'll never go for that. He should, like pretty much every other player out of contract, be on his way IMO. Time for a clean slate.

Bare bones.

Barton already looking to move on? on 00:08 - May 16 with 2114 viewsSpiritofGregory

Barton is a vile creature. No wonder so many people are starting to hate footballers.
Barton already looking to move on? on 00:29 - May 16 with 2080 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Barton already looking to move on? on 23:32 - May 15 by ganjR

Without trying to use such a matter as a joke.
Those three you mentioned were sick kids and are now sick in the head.
I take your point though, maybe not with Marlon King though as he has a loong list of previous. Doubt a club would allow him to take up such activities.
I'm just being pedantic on that though. lol

My point was, deeply unpleasant footballers visit sick kids, and still remain unpleasant.
[Post edited 16 May 2015 0:35]
Barton already looking to move on? on 01:00 - May 16 with 2050 viewsganjR

Barton already looking to move on? on 00:29 - May 16 by BazzaInTheLoft

My point was, deeply unpleasant footballers visit sick kids, and still remain unpleasant.
[Post edited 16 May 2015 0:35]

Fair enough.
I could add that the younger players have always spoke very highly of him, but will stop now.
My first post was, as stated, devils advocate.
Being honest, I'm not pro Barton or that anti-Barton.
I think I'm just expecting more clusterfcks from this club over the next few days, weeks, months etc. than Joey Barton getting a new deal.
Not having a pop btw.
This club leaves me numb, usually in a not good way.
Barton already looking to move on? on 01:28 - May 16 with 2032 viewsNW10Hoop

Barton already looking to move on? on 23:33 - May 15 by Antti_Heinola

Fact is, if the club are desperate to see if he'll stay, they shouldn't be offering more than £15k per week absolute tops. He'll never go for that. He should, like pretty much every other player out of contract, be on his way IMO. Time for a clean slate.

Just seen the latest Twitter row with Rodney Marsh (who is a bit of a berk online too), and it does make it hard to fight for a case to give Barton a new contract. He will never be the cult hero he thinks he should be, I just don't want the club a workhorse short because we let him go before having an able replacement
Barton already looking to move on? on 01:36 - May 16 with 2031 viewsMrGrieves

I don't mean to be too controversial, but Barton is symptomatic of everything that's gone wrong since our first promotion under Warnock. He's had some, and only some, really good games for us but here's the truth:

He, by his own admission, never really wanted to come here
He's always acted like he's playing for a lesser club than he should be
He's let us down in some crucial games by having hissy fits and getting sent off
He gets a huge wage, much bigger than we should be paying anyone
He always attracts negative headlines for our club
The moment he got the chance he fcked off to Marseille and only came back because he had no other option
The vast majority of the time he hasn't been as good as Karl Henry.

Barton's been a problem, nothing more. The fundamental thing wrong with our club is a lack of identity and values. We attract older, overpaid players who think this club is beneath them. We then seem to be surprised when we don't see them playing as a team. The reason Austin was a success, apart from his obvious ability, is that he saw QPR as a step up. He worked his bllocks off and never for a second seemed to think that we were lucky to have him. That's the type of character we need and they're not as rare as you might think. It's just that's there's far too many faux-intellectual rseholes out there who the media once thought were good. Sadly, that's been our chairman's transfer policy too the last few years.

I'm not a fan of Ramsey, but if he looks to sign players not looking for a last payday we might have a chance of getting back the club of Cook, Ainsworth, Bircham, Padula and Shittu that I fell in love with.
Barton already looking to move on? on 01:38 - May 16 with 2028 viewsQPR_ARG

I need Marty McFly to take me for a ride to the day QPR stupidly signed Barton and SWP and started this decadence and horrible spiral we are now stuck in.

Never seen a pair of signings as damaging as those two. On every imaginable level.

FÃœCK OFF FROM OUR CLUB, BOTH OF YOU!
Barton already looking to move on? on 02:42 - May 16 with 1999 viewsNov77

I hope tomorrow the crowd give a loud chorus of 'Rodney! Rodney!' Just to let barton know where our loyalties lie.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024