Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bad management and coaching got us relegated 10:32 - May 17 with 5551 viewsnightwish

I don't buy into that our players wernt good enough to stay up this season.Newcastle were awful yesterday and yet they will finish above us.How many Crystal Palace players would get into our starting eleven not many and yet they will finish mid table.At the start of the season I thought we would finish mid table and with the right manager and coaching staff that should have happened.To say we have too many bad apples at the club is just deflecting from the fact we have been poorly managed this season but the club are not going to admit that are they.
Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 11:22 - May 18 with 1763 viewsMvpeter

Tony Fernandes and co are the sole reasons for our failure.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 13:38 - May 18 with 1674 viewsSimonJames

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 10:40 - May 18 by Discodroids

dont know how you can say that pp, ive taken down my picture of malcolm x in my shared office and replaced it with armand traore in JFK contemplation pose.

i can draw inspiration from it when being abused by my case load..

'what would malcom do now ?', i say to myself when being threatned with a stanley razor blade by a 18 stone alchie from canning town ,clad in lonsdale.

i could empathise him,thus empower him through action not words.., give him/her opportunities, options to change their life for the better..but that would take hard work and effort . fk that .

i simply gaze at armands mug on the wall, shrug my shoulders, put on my beats headphones and listen to a morrocan rapper lying down funky breaks and beats about lamb cous cous ,and pick up my dosh.

job not done.
[Post edited 18 May 2015 10:43]

...and there was me complaining my customer's website was playing up!
I'm glad I don't live in the real world any more.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 14:17 - May 18 with 1642 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 10:56 - May 17 by QPR_Jim

I would say Crystal Palace have a number of players who would walk into our team.

Bolasie, Zaha and Puncheon as pacey wingers whereas we only have Phillips.

Defensively they have full backs, they come in useful as it turns out. The blame for that is squarely with Redknapp though. Their centre backs can't be any worse than our lot either.

If you look at it the other way round Green, Austin, maybe Phillips and possibly Fer would walk into their team on form. We certainly have bigger reputations such as Baron, Sandro and Caulker but there is no way they would get into their team based on form.

I would agree with the right manager we could have been mid-table but only if that manager had come in over the summer, not bought in Ferdinand, got some full back cover, got a striker for cover and tried to win away matches.

"I would say Crystal Palace have a number of players who would walk into our team."

Mutch?
Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 14:18 - May 18 with 1638 viewsdaveB

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 14:17 - May 18 by CiderwithRsie

"I would say Crystal Palace have a number of players who would walk into our team."

Mutch?

He can't walk into the Palace team but Dann, Ward, Bolasie, Puncheon, Ledley, Murray and even Dwight Gayle all better than what we have.
Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 15:05 - May 18 with 1615 viewskensalriser

You can probably add Zaha to that list.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 17:03 - May 18 with 1575 viewsLoft1979

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 15:05 - May 18 by kensalriser

You can probably add Zaha to that list.

Coaching vs Players:
Crystal Palace is the comparator and a good one: Promoted via playoffs. Did the 'QPR' and threw out a wide net for a bunch of 'mercenaries'. Joe Ledley (compare to Barton), Jediniak, Puncheon and Delaney (!!!!), Dann. The ONLY legit prem player was flogged to ManU. They were REALLY bad...until Pulis. This year they improved further.

Point: Puncheon and Delaney were hardly stand outs at QPR. Someone made them players ...at Palace.
Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 21:03 - May 18 with 1534 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The squad isn't good enough but I blame bad management for that. It was apparent last season that we lacked pace through the team, guile in midfield and relied too heavily on Charlie. Nothing changed in the summer.
Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 10:17 - May 19 with 1475 viewsFordRanger

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 21:03 - May 18 by Benny_the_Ball

The squad isn't good enough but I blame bad management for that. It was apparent last season that we lacked pace through the team, guile in midfield and relied too heavily on Charlie. Nothing changed in the summer.

Bad management and Bad Tactics got us relegated they are the cold hard facts..!!
For me the whole shambles of the last couple of years was epitomised by our performance away at Man City where everything that has been wrong with us as a team, as a club was put on show for the world to see,
I was shocked, embarrassed, sickened, and heart broken to see us humiliated this way.
This for me was our 911
Unable to speak I wrote about how I felt I hope you understand.

2014/2015 Season

From the very first minute
Of the very first game
It was obvious it was going to be the same
A yard off the pace
Second to the ball
The writing was already on the wall
The team that he picked
The formation he played
Even then I'd regretted the decision he'd stayed

It wasn't a problem
He said he'd know what to do
But it was plain as day
Harry didn't have a clue
Spend some more of uncle Tony's money
I'll get a few more in
Another 20 million might buy me a win
But how many more will we get that English and tactics they don't understand
And won't sit on the bench for 70 grand.

We have a few good old boys who must be dying inside that don't play for the money but the Hoops and the pride
That won't save us it's not much of a plan
But they will hold on for as long as they can

The side Harry picks looks like a pub team the old dog and duck
And the way some of them play they don't give a f*ck
Harry says the January transfer window will cure all our woes
But no one comes in before it has to close
We are stuck with what we have and that's not good enough
Everyone can see the rest of the season will be tough

Harry tells Tony we've had such a wheeze
But I'm packing it in because of my knees
Well thanks very much Harry
You've done us a turn because Tony said no when you wanted more money to burn

You walked away and left us to face our fate
Time for Chris Ramsey to step up to the plate

He had plans and ideas
Not much time to gauge and take stock
We had games to win and beat the clock
They were playing with a purpose
They looked like a team
From the start of the season this is how it should have been

The games were exciting and went from end to end
I just wished we'd learned how to defend..!!!
But the inevitable happened after the Man City trip
We're heading back to the Championship

It's not the end of the world
In fact it could be just what we need
So we can get rid of the ones with no pride in their heart just plenty of greed
It's a work in progress
And it starts from today
And they will be supported all of the way

It might be next season
It might even take longer
But I know what don't kill you can make you stronger
This time lets get it right
And stick to the plan
Most important of all
Let's get the right Man..!!!

Resurgam
http://i.word.com/idictionary/resurgam

The wealth of a club is not determined by the amount of money in its bank account
But by the amount of desire that it has in its dressing room.

Ford Ranger
Lifetime Queens Park Rangers Supporter
And Eternal Optimist.
Login to get fewer ads

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 10:42 - May 19 with 1466 viewsfakekerby

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 21:03 - May 18 by Benny_the_Ball

Agree entirely that bad management was the problem.

We signed a squad for a formation we never used because the manager caved into the player's wishes at their earliest conveniance.

It was quite obvious when we were signing every number 10 / centre midfielder going that they couldn't all play. Going 442 left us with an uphill battle.

We sold a solid right back in place for a wing back. We didn't sign a left back despite having little in reserve - Traore is and always has been garbage and Yun is still a bit of an unknown entity. We had no left winger at all, Fer was shoved out and did his best (despite what people say, he has had a good season), Niko clearly can't play there and has been made to, and then eventually even Karl Henry, at left wing, in the Premiership!.. and finally, using Zamora constantly because we only had two forwards in a squad using 442.

If we had set out to use 442 and recruited for one solid player in each position, we'd have stayed up. The standard of the league this season was so dire.
Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 09:02 - May 21 with 1380 viewsLoft1979

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 10:42 - May 19 by fakekerby

We signed a squad for a formation we never used because the manager caved into the player's wishes at their earliest conveniance.

It was quite obvious when we were signing every number 10 / centre midfielder going that they couldn't all play. Going 442 left us with an uphill battle.

We sold a solid right back in place for a wing back. We didn't sign a left back despite having little in reserve - Traore is and always has been garbage and Yun is still a bit of an unknown entity. We had no left winger at all, Fer was shoved out and did his best (despite what people say, he has had a good season), Niko clearly can't play there and has been made to, and then eventually even Karl Henry, at left wing, in the Premiership!.. and finally, using Zamora constantly because we only had two forwards in a squad using 442.

If we had set out to use 442 and recruited for one solid player in each position, we'd have stayed up. The standard of the league this season was so dire.

fabulous comment!!
Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 03:43 - May 22 with 1320 viewsBenny_the_Ball

+1

The frustrating thing is with a little more care it shouldn't have been too difficult to build a team better than the likes of Hull, Sunderland and Newcastle. The standard of the league this season has been low making us complete garbage.
Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 08:03 - May 22 with 1273 viewsPunteR

Good post that.
I agree entirely,but I would also add the quality just wasn't there either. Caulker,Barton,Zamora, to name a few were all playing their preferred positions but didn't/couldn't step up. Yun had some poor games after some promising ones.
Karl Henry,who I rate, as he does his job well enough and is pretty consistent is hardly Iniesta. He's steady but as it proves you need a bit more in this league.
I don't agree that Fer has had a good season though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 08:08 - May 22 with 1271 viewseasthertsr

I'd say the key errors that screwed us were not playing Fer centre mid from the off and not playing Vargas as second striker alongside Charlie. Also the tragic circumstances of Rio's season meant our defensive plans were out the window. Redknapp just got old and jaded and wasn't up for the fight.Should have gone in the autumn after some of our terrible away performances.
Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 10:09 - May 22 with 1240 viewsGetMeRangers

Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 08:08 - May 22 by easthertsr

I'd say the key errors that screwed us were not playing Fer centre mid from the off and not playing Vargas as second striker alongside Charlie. Also the tragic circumstances of Rio's season meant our defensive plans were out the window. Redknapp just got old and jaded and wasn't up for the fight.Should have gone in the autumn after some of our terrible away performances.

Misuse of Philips too
Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 10:19 - May 22 with 1234 viewsfakekerby

I disagree - as even Real Madrid prove over and over, you need to build a team before worrying which individuals slot in where.

I don't think Vargas up front or Fer in central mid all season would have changed the inevitable outcome.

We didn't have stable units across the team - 4 at the back who played week in week out in their right positions, and then the same across the middle and the same up front.

We were constantly putting square pegs in round holes at right back, left back, left wing, etc... If we had kept Simpson for right back, and just had a solid, capable player at left wing and left back worth no more than a couple of mil we'd have done a lot better. I'd also question, despite lots of expenditure, our central midfield options were without pace, physique, drive, arguably without much talent as well. There's only so much you can expect of Sandro/Barton/Henry.

There were so many mistakes made with the first 11 that I don't think one or two different choices from this squad would have made much difference.
Bad management and coaching got us relegated on 14:25 - May 22 with 1106 viewsMvpeter

Can we not exploit a tragedy to falsely excuse this mess?

He was nowhere near the first team when he found out.
[Post edited 22 May 2015 14:26]

Poll: Who should be our left back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024