Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blatter quits 17:51 - Jun 2 with 13248 viewsCamberleyR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32982449

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Blatter quits on 11:29 - Jun 4 with 3650 viewsCiderwithRsie

Blatter quits on 09:30 - Jun 4 by TheBlob

Your naivete' is quite touching at times.Conspiracy theory balls?It's happeneing now before your very eyes.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2015 9:44]

Naive? Me?

Nonsense. I've already written to ask Santa for the Bumper Book of Conspiracy theories. And if that fails, there's always the cash from the Tooth Fairy when my teeth all fall out.
Blatter quits on 12:08 - Jun 4 with 3615 viewsTheBlob

Blatter quits on 11:29 - Jun 4 by CiderwithRsie

Naive? Me?

Nonsense. I've already written to ask Santa for the Bumper Book of Conspiracy theories. And if that fails, there's always the cash from the Tooth Fairy when my teeth all fall out.

You have to watch that Santa,he only comes once a year and that's with a sackful.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Blatter quits on 02:28 - Jun 5 with 3542 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Just a thought, but if they could get Blatter to resign that quickly, why didnt we use them to get rid of SWP sooner.
Crime of impersonaiing a footballer must be worth a 10 stretch ?
Blatter quits on 10:44 - Jun 5 with 3516 viewsMvpeter

Blatter quits on 07:40 - Jun 4 by ElHoop

I suppose that ultimately the issue is whether the African, Asian and other small nations will be worse off having a more UEFA sympathetic/approved leader of FIFA. It's quite possible that even after taking the 'commission payments' these crooked guys were more redistributive of football's gains than the 'civilised' world would be.

You speak as if that's a good thing. WE make enough money to support Africa's football and we do and yet where can kids play football in England?

By all means give money to small countries but Malta getting the same as the U.S.A is bullshit.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Blatter quits on 10:49 - Jun 5 with 3510 viewsPommyhoop

Blatter quits on 08:38 - Jun 3 by BrianMcCarthy

It's a clever speech. He never used the word 'resign'. He continues to reign for now. He is effectively up for election the special congress he has promised, where he could again be appointed President, this time in an honorary position.

He's far from gone, I'm afraid.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Blatter quits on 11:50 - Jun 5 with 3486 viewsJuzzie

In 1972 FIFA had 11 employees, eleven. Now it's over 400. The average salary of each of the 400 is over £200,000, £80m a year. Their turnover is in the billions.

Sure, some money goes to Africa/India etc but I bet it's the skim of the surface compared to what they bring in. Where does the rest go? IMO (allegedly, m'lud etc) is that it''s an huge gravy train feathering the nest of a few hundred people on the back of the world's most popular sport.

[Post edited 5 Jun 2015 17:22]
Blatter quits on 11:59 - Jun 5 with 3472 viewsbob566

john olivers take on it

Blatter quits on 21:05 - Jun 5 with 3398 viewsPommyhoop

Blatter quits on 11:59 - Jun 5 by bob566

john olivers take on it

Bllx !!'The uploader has not made it available in my country''
I posted up his first bit on Fifa a while back.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Blatter quits on 21:27 - Jun 5 with 3386 viewsrichranger

Why did Sepp Blatter Cross the road?

To get to the other bribe
Blatter quits on 22:15 - Jun 5 with 3353 viewsDylanP

Some of the conspiracy theory bouncing around here are hilarious. Sometimes people really overthink things in the shallowest possible way so that reality matches whatever idea they already have about the world.

Let me just state for the record, the US prosecutors are not going after the FIFA officials (none of which are Russian) to get back at Russia, they are going after the FIFA officials because they broke the law. US law prohibits bribery and so District Attorneys are going to try and prosecute them. See, that is a simple explanation. What do District Attorneys care about foreign policy? That has nothing to do with them. They get their funding by the Dept of Justice which has no tie to the Dept of State that deals with foreign policy.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Blatter quits on 02:15 - Jun 6 with 3313 viewsWanderR

Blatter quits on 22:15 - Jun 5 by DylanP

Some of the conspiracy theory bouncing around here are hilarious. Sometimes people really overthink things in the shallowest possible way so that reality matches whatever idea they already have about the world.

Let me just state for the record, the US prosecutors are not going after the FIFA officials (none of which are Russian) to get back at Russia, they are going after the FIFA officials because they broke the law. US law prohibits bribery and so District Attorneys are going to try and prosecute them. See, that is a simple explanation. What do District Attorneys care about foreign policy? That has nothing to do with them. They get their funding by the Dept of Justice which has no tie to the Dept of State that deals with foreign policy.

To add to this: the only 'timing' was making sure all those indicted could be nabbed at the same time - this was always going to be a lot easier if they were in the same place at the same time and you had the local police willing to cooperate. Swooping in on them before FIFA's congress in Switzerland was the simplest way to achieve this.

Current location: OX10

Blatter quits on 07:43 - Jun 12 with 3228 viewsBrianMcCarthy

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/eamonn-mccann-fbi-s-swiss-swoop-on-fifa-challe

Always interesting and always the contrarian, Derry City fan Eamonn McCann asks the obvious question.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Blatter quits on 11:52 - Jun 12 with 3181 viewsCliff

Blatter quits on 07:43 - Jun 12 by BrianMcCarthy

http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/eamonn-mccann-fbi-s-swiss-swoop-on-fifa-challe

Always interesting and always the contrarian, Derry City fan Eamonn McCann asks the obvious question.

When crimes are spread across many international borders, as in this case, someone has to take the lead.

Also I'm sure I read somewhere that the reason the FBI became involved was because the main money being investigated was the $10 million from S Africa. Note the $ sign before the figure.
Blatter quits on 12:13 - Jun 12 with 3169 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Blatter quits on 11:52 - Jun 12 by Cliff

When crimes are spread across many international borders, as in this case, someone has to take the lead.

Also I'm sure I read somewhere that the reason the FBI became involved was because the main money being investigated was the $10 million from S Africa. Note the $ sign before the figure.

He doesn't answer the question himself, but do the FBI have jurisdiction in other Nations?

Blatter quits on 12:54 - Jun 12 with 3144 viewsCliff

Blatter quits on 12:13 - Jun 12 by BrianMcCarthy

He doesn't answer the question himself, but do the FBI have jurisdiction in other Nations?

No, but there are extradition agreements in place between most western nations
Blatter quits on 13:18 - Jun 12 with 3133 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Blatter quits on 12:54 - Jun 12 by Cliff

True, if the crimes were perpetrated in the U.S.

I really have to read up on this more. I'm out of my element, Donny.

Blatter quits on 13:29 - Jun 12 with 3123 viewsTheBlob

Blatter quits on 12:54 - Jun 12 by Cliff

You try and get an American citizen extradited,it almost never happens.Just goes to show what happens when you're the chief bully in the playground.
It's also interesting to note that their investigations have a 1998 start date.Now I wonder what happened in 1994.....

Blatter quits on 13:42 - Jun 12 with 3113 viewsTheBlob

Blatter quits on 22:15 - Jun 5 by DylanP

No ties to the government?Are you serious?Who do you think makes all the appointments and approves the funding?The bigger picture is so enormous that you've got to be pretty agile not to trip over it.
Diplomatic relations between the west and Russia are at a significant low,being the nice little poodles that we are we're even considering stationing IRBMs back on British soil since we hosted those squadrons of Thor missiles when I was a teenager.

For the record,I've got that record and it sticks.
Join up the dots.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2015 13:44]

Blatter quits on 13:33 - Jun 26 with 2987 viewsGetMeRangers

'Fifa president says he did not resign'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33284185

Beyond a joke, now. You just know he will be the next FIFA president... once he gets teh rest of the bungs handed out for Christmas
Blatter quits on 13:36 - Jun 26 with 2978 viewsqprwpg

Blatter quits on 13:33 - Jun 26 by GetMeRangers

Beyond a joke, now. You just know he will be the next FIFA president... once he gets teh rest of the bungs handed out for Christmas

What a joke of an organization. Fire them all and start again please.

Twitter: @qprwpg

Blatter quits on 13:46 - Jun 26 with 2962 viewsTacticalR

Blatter quits on 13:33 - Jun 26 by GetMeRangers

See earlier in this thread...BrianMcCarthy spotted this at the time.

Air hostess clique

Blatter quits on 15:19 - Jun 26 with 2894 viewsQPunkR

Blatter quits on 13:46 - Jun 26 by TacticalR

See earlier in this thread...BrianMcCarthy spotted this at the time.

We all prayed he was wrong, but alas I nearly spat out my cornflakes this morning when I read it on the Beeb

QPR - "shit but local"

Blatter quits on 16:11 - Jun 26 with 2849 viewsdanehoop

Blatter quits on 15:19 - Jun 26 by QPunkR

We all prayed he was wrong, but alas I nearly spat out my cornflakes this morning when I read it on the Beeb

He wont go until Van Helsing finally hammers a stake through his heart.

Never knowingly understood

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024