Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blatter quits 17:51 - Jun 2 with 13245 viewsCamberleyR

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32982449

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Blatter quits on 08:38 - Jun 3 with 3110 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's a clever speech. He never used the word 'resign'. He continues to reign for now. He is effectively up for election the special congress he has promised, where he could again be appointed President, this time in an honorary position.

He's far from gone, I'm afraid.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Blatter quits on 12:33 - Jun 3 with 3036 viewswhittocksRs

Blatter quits on 23:23 - Jun 2 by PunteR

Why is the FBI getting involved with fifa?
What on earth is going on??
Glad Blatter is gone. Hope they take all his criminal earnings away,if charged.

The US only got Chuck Blazer to whistleblow last year, hence why this is happening now.
Blatter quits on 13:04 - Jun 3 with 3019 viewsbob566

love all the cowardly FA's getting on the anti sep train now he's done. Where were you all when you were needed. IMO they're all worse than him or FIFA.

Good talk about it on off the ball last night. Proper radio journalism. I imagine its rather more informative than anything darren gough or collymore could dish up.

have a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/#offtheball/the-end-of-blatter-is-far-from-the-end-of-fif
Blatter quits on 13:24 - Jun 3 with 2983 viewsTheBlob

Blatter quits on 12:33 - Jun 3 by whittocksRs

The US only got Chuck Blazer to whistleblow last year, hence why this is happening now.

Political football.Welcome to the new Cold War.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Blatter quits on 13:48 - Jun 3 with 2948 viewskingsburyR

IN the letter it states FIFA gave £140 million to the South African F.A. of which they gave £10 million back to Concacaf (Sp?).

Having lived in SA for 4 years I'm betting not all of their pit was spent on All Weather Pitches!!!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Blatter quits on 16:51 - Jun 3 with 2853 viewsTacticalR

Tim Roth is Sepp Blatter...

FIFA Film: An Epic Fantasy
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/02/sports/fifa-film-an-epic-fantasy.html

Air hostess clique

Blatter quits on 22:13 - Jun 3 with 2794 viewsToast_R

Chuck Blazer really spilling his plentiful gut it would appear tonight.
Blatter quits on 22:43 - Jun 3 with 2770 viewsRickyDicky

Just hope every one of the filthy scumbags is outed and hopefully it will start from the top, resigning is not a way out, hopefully the authorities and the FBI will get them and they'll be appropriately punished. Incredible the obvious payoffs have gone on for so long. Shameful and shameful of those who knew and did nothing.

Poll: Where will we finish next Year. Starting early.

Login to get fewer ads

Blatter quits on 23:32 - Jun 3 with 2744 viewsTheBlob

FIFA now needs an uncorrupted,unblemished figurehead to take this organisation forward.Maybe be Kofi Annan from the non footballing world or the much respected Figo.Get it away from that den of iniquity Switzerland for starters - maybe HQ should be in the UN building.

Blatter quits on 04:57 - Jun 4 with 2713 viewsFDC

Blatter quits on 13:04 - Jun 3 by bob566

love all the cowardly FA's getting on the anti sep train now he's done. Where were you all when you were needed. IMO they're all worse than him or FIFA.

Good talk about it on off the ball last night. Proper radio journalism. I imagine its rather more informative than anything darren gough or collymore could dish up.

have a listen.

https://soundcloud.com/#offtheball/the-end-of-blatter-is-far-from-the-end-of-fif

Good podcast, cheers
Blatter quits on 06:07 - Jun 4 with 2698 viewsozranger

Appears Jack Warner is about to spill the beans!

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/2478293/former-fifa-vice-president-ja

Let the games begin.
Blatter quits on 07:31 - Jun 4 with 2675 viewsHunterhoop

Blatter quits on 06:07 - Jun 4 by ozranger

Appears Jack Warner is about to spill the beans!

http://www.espnfc.com/fifa-world-cup/story/2478293/former-fifa-vice-president-ja

Let the games begin.

They've seen how it's worked for Chuck "XXXL" Blazier and they'll all now be fighting over themselves to spill the beans on former colleagues to avoid time in the slammer.

The more interesting question is how well they have hidden their ill gotten gains.
Blatter quits on 07:40 - Jun 4 with 2670 viewsElHoop

I suppose that ultimately the issue is whether the African, Asian and other small nations will be worse off having a more UEFA sympathetic/approved leader of FIFA. It's quite possible that even after taking the 'commission payments' these crooked guys were more redistributive of football's gains than the 'civilised' world would be.
Blatter quits on 08:05 - Jun 4 with 2658 viewsToast_R

Blatter quits on 07:40 - Jun 4 by ElHoop

I suppose that ultimately the issue is whether the African, Asian and other small nations will be worse off having a more UEFA sympathetic/approved leader of FIFA. It's quite possible that even after taking the 'commission payments' these crooked guys were more redistributive of football's gains than the 'civilised' world would be.

For all the wrong reasons though. Buying votes to stay in power and keep on the ever increasing payroll.

I doubt they distributed anything with a good heart.
Blatter quits on 08:26 - Jun 4 with 2647 viewsDorse

+++ Reuters feed +++ Interim FIFA senior management positions announced. Piers Morgan will step in as Head of Communications; Gary Glitter will take charge of Youth Development; Robert Mugabe will oversee the electoral reform process; Chief Financial Officer will be the ghost of Crassus and the FIFA Disciplinary Committee will now be chaired by Kim Jong Un. The FIFA Ultras have also been re-branded as most people thought it was a feminine hygiene product. +++

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Blatter quits on 08:34 - Jun 4 with 2493 viewsElHoop

Blatter quits on 08:05 - Jun 4 by Toast_R

For all the wrong reasons though. Buying votes to stay in power and keep on the ever increasing payroll.

I doubt they distributed anything with a good heart.

I don't know about that. I am sure that FIFA does plenty of very good work. But you can't have all this stuff going on under the counter, it would rot them away completely in the end, but hopefully the good stuff will continue.
Blatter quits on 08:48 - Jun 4 with 2486 viewsBrianMcCarthy

All the media I've seen or read still talking about him 'resigning' when he clearly hasn't. People like Blatter don't quit. He'll still attempt to stay on. He's the horror-film baddie that you just can't kill.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Blatter quits on 08:59 - Jun 4 with 2478 viewsCiderwithRsie

Blatter quits on 13:24 - Jun 3 by TheBlob

Political football.Welcome to the new Cold War.

Whittock's post is the correct answer and any speculation about the timing is just the usual conspiracy theory balls.

If the US was up to something clever the best timing would have been just before the USA's bid for the WC - which was obviously doomed to failure with Blatter in charge - or if you are wanting to get at Putin over the Russia WC then the time would have been when the Russians invaded Crimea or eastern Ukraine.

This is part of a clear and persistent pattern of US going after money laundering, same as the LIBOR and other financial scandals.
Blatter quits on 09:11 - Jun 4 with 2467 viewsCiderwithRsie

Lovely though it is to contemplate Blatter in a US jail, we still have a WC scheduled to take place in Qatar, in the middle of the domestic football season because they lied about the feasibility of running it in the summer; we still have a FIFA who told the European clubs that there was nothing to apologise for in screwing up the Champions' League (not that I care, but it is part of the shamelessness and arrogance of FIFA's corporate culture) and we still have a FIFA which overwhelmingly voted for Blatter even after they knew this was happening, and a FIFA where senior officials quite seriously think that the President can't be expected to prevent corruption in his organisation. Blatter's the guy who made it all possible, but the crime syndicate is still in place even if the teflon don gets jailed.

UEFA needs to use the scandal to tell FIFA that unless there is root and branch reform UEFA will secede, European nations won't go to the WC, and clubs who are members of UEFA won't release their employees (including virtually all the African players and most of the best South Americans) to go to Qatar during the Champions League. And that would be the end of the Qatar WC as the sponsors bail out and no-one will be bothered to show it on TV, and the gravy train would be permanently derailed.

Some of the South Americans seem pretty pissed off with FIFA too, maybe they could be persuaded to join a boycott, maybe there could be a Europe vs Americas (Latin America + the USA and screw the Caribbeans who have been up to their necks in the trough) tournament played somewhere sensible in the summer. The quality of football would probably be better without the likes of Iran
Blatter quits on 09:30 - Jun 4 with 2455 viewsTheBlob

Blatter quits on 08:59 - Jun 4 by CiderwithRsie

Whittock's post is the correct answer and any speculation about the timing is just the usual conspiracy theory balls.

If the US was up to something clever the best timing would have been just before the USA's bid for the WC - which was obviously doomed to failure with Blatter in charge - or if you are wanting to get at Putin over the Russia WC then the time would have been when the Russians invaded Crimea or eastern Ukraine.

This is part of a clear and persistent pattern of US going after money laundering, same as the LIBOR and other financial scandals.

Your naivete' is quite touching at times.Conspiracy theory balls?It's happeneing now before your very eyes.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2015 9:44]

Blatter quits on 10:30 - Jun 4 with 2415 viewsQPunkR

I would say they should now take the 2022 WC off Qatar, but then to think that all those thousands of modern-day slave labourers died for nothing makes me feel uneasy. Even uneasier than the fact as it stands that they've died for a poxy fúcking Winter WC that no-one wanted and not many people will end up going to.

QPR - "shit but local"

Blatter quits on 11:00 - Jun 4 with 2396 viewsGloucs_R

Blatter quits on 10:30 - Jun 4 by QPunkR

I would say they should now take the 2022 WC off Qatar, but then to think that all those thousands of modern-day slave labourers died for nothing makes me feel uneasy. Even uneasier than the fact as it stands that they've died for a poxy fúcking Winter WC that no-one wanted and not many people will end up going to.

I think they should now leave the next two world cups where they are but the following two should only be open to those trying to host 2018 and 2022.

USA and Australia would be good

Poll: Are we staying up?

Blatter quits on 11:09 - Jun 4 with 2382 viewsCamberleyR

Culture Secretary now saying we could step in if they take it away from Qatar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33005152

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Blatter quits on 11:14 - Jun 4 with 2373 viewsTacticalR

Blatter quits on 08:48 - Jun 4 by BrianMcCarthy

All the media I've seen or read still talking about him 'resigning' when he clearly hasn't. People like Blatter don't quit. He'll still attempt to stay on. He's the horror-film baddie that you just can't kill.

Yes, I have been wondering about that. You can picture the Farage-style scene where the man who said he is going to resign is begged to stay by his tear-stained followers. A touching spectacle.

Air hostess clique

Blatter quits on 11:25 - Jun 4 with 2355 viewsCiderwithRsie

Blatter quits on 11:14 - Jun 4 by TacticalR

Yes, I have been wondering about that. You can picture the Farage-style scene where the man who said he is going to resign is begged to stay by his tear-stained followers. A touching spectacle.

I imagine he's in the office with the shredder going full blast and a screw driver to extract the hard drives of every computer he can get at. Much like News International after the phone hacking scandal broke.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024