Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
England 16:13 - Jun 5 with 8690 viewsBrightonhoop

Anyone else mildly interested in England's game on Sunday with the potential to see our Charlie wear the Three Lions? First time I've taken a real interest since '96.
Hope he gets his opportunity.
England on 16:18 - Jun 5 with 5274 viewseghamranger

Charlie is the only reason, but I'm out having Sunday dinner for a 50th wedding anniversary but have sky plussed it and will only watch it if Charlie plays.

Hoping it will add more money on his transfer fee
[Post edited 5 Jun 2015 16:20]
England on 16:19 - Jun 5 with 5272 viewsrongould

I will watch but only to see Charlie
England on 16:23 - Jun 5 with 5244 viewstimcocking

Several years back it'd be inconcievable i'd miss an England game, now i rarely bother to watch them.

And if Jamie Vardy plays, i honestly think i'm better than he is, or was when i was his age. I imagine half of us are.
[Post edited 5 Jun 2015 16:25]
England on 16:28 - Jun 5 with 5216 viewsWatford_Ranger

England on 16:23 - Jun 5 by timcocking

Several years back it'd be inconcievable i'd miss an England game, now i rarely bother to watch them.

And if Jamie Vardy plays, i honestly think i'm better than he is, or was when i was his age. I imagine half of us are.

I really doubt you are/were.
England on 16:43 - Jun 5 with 5174 viewsadhoc_qpr

I'll watch to cheer Charlie on, i don't bother with England games otherwise though (i get plenty of disappointing football from QPR already)..

I hope he doesn't become a one cap wonder and can carve out a niche as a supersub, he does offer something different to Welbeck, Sturridge and Rooney.
England on 17:07 - Jun 5 with 5135 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Havent given a sh!t about England for years and Austin or no Austin. I wont be giving a sh!t any time soon.
England on 19:38 - Jun 5 with 4980 viewsWareRanger

I would never tell people what they should or shouldn't do but I would really recommend following England away. It's a great way of seeing the world as well as getting a football match in as well. Let's face it, QPR aren't going to qualify for Europe any time soon.
For that exact reason, there are always lots of R's fans following England and it's always great fun no matter what the game is like.
I'll be in Dublin with the missus this weekend and I can't wait.
Come on England and come on Charlie Austin...
England on 19:58 - Jun 5 with 4941 viewsbosh67

What time is it on and is it on normal TV or just SKY?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

England on 20:57 - Jun 5 with 4841 viewsPommyhoop

England on 16:23 - Jun 5 by timcocking

If you think Vardy is shite you must of thought Jamie Mackie was double shite because he is a very similar player but with about 4 times the skill/technique.
To the OP, cheers I'd forgotten all about the game and Charlie's involvement ,I'll record it and have a butchers later.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

England on 21:11 - Jun 5 with 4821 viewsTacticalR

England on 19:38 - Jun 5 by WareRanger

I would never tell people what they should or shouldn't do but I would really recommend following England away. It's a great way of seeing the world as well as getting a football match in as well. Let's face it, QPR aren't going to qualify for Europe any time soon.
For that exact reason, there are always lots of R's fans following England and it's always great fun no matter what the game is like.
I'll be in Dublin with the missus this weekend and I can't wait.
Come on England and come on Charlie Austin...

I would go anywhere to avoid having to watch Rooney.

Air hostess clique

England on 22:27 - Jun 5 with 4749 viewsHollowayRanger

rather watch the womens world cup

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

England on 22:38 - Jun 5 with 4730 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Barca v Juve for me this weekend.
I honestly havent watched an England match since we lost to Germany - last time. I genuinely could not name the current squad aside from Rooney and Sterling.
I'll tape (WTF? Tape? - showing my age there...i meant IQ-it") it and if Chaz gets on i might have a lok to se how he does.
TBH he's not an international and he's barely even a Rangers player anymore. Best we can hope for is a decent performance from him to up his selling price.

I wish him all the best. Off to dig out the old Phillips 2000 now...
England on 02:26 - Jun 6 with 4649 viewsSonofNorfolt

England on 22:38 - Jun 5 by bacardiinbrissie

Barca v Juve for me this weekend.
I honestly havent watched an England match since we lost to Germany - last time. I genuinely could not name the current squad aside from Rooney and Sterling.
I'll tape (WTF? Tape? - showing my age there...i meant IQ-it") it and if Chaz gets on i might have a lok to se how he does.
TBH he's not an international and he's barely even a Rangers player anymore. Best we can hope for is a decent performance from him to up his selling price.

I wish him all the best. Off to dig out the old Phillips 2000 now...

Steve, tell the truth, you miss it really, all that sun and Bacardi has addled your brain. You'll get a mention in my new book however, with your comment about the best two grand you've ever spent coming over for THAT goal last year!
Danny, Wiggy and moi are out there tomorrow staying in Bray with a Paddy, one of my best mates, then meeting up with Anglo Irish mates,and hopefully no idiots from both nations.
Wareranger is spot on, I've had fantastic experiences travelling the world with England as the excuse, and contrary to media opinion our fans are among the fairest there are. I'll argue the toss rationally with all comers that we are the best supported nation with travelling fans of any sports team in the world.
Rooney, although flawed, is still our only real World XI footballer, just watch his passing ability.
Vardy, like Charlie, has worked his way up from non league, so good luck to 'em both. Be great for Austin to get on whilst he's still on our books, and Tim wlthout ever having seen you play if you're that good give it go, at 51 and dodgy Bertie Mee, I'd probably give you a limp for your money.
Holloway, you only prefer to watch the Women's WC as it's the closest you'll get to females all together in one place without the authorities being called.
Our expectations are too high, not surprising for a football mad country with the richest FA on the planet, but we're not that bad.
Like Rangers it is your team come what may.
QPR and England, thin and thin. x
England on 05:36 - Jun 6 with 4610 viewstimcocking

England on 16:28 - Jun 5 by Watford_Ranger

I really doubt you are/were.

Lol you must be sh!t then. Jamie Vardy is no better than half the people i know. Or if he is, only barely.
England on 05:41 - Jun 6 with 4609 viewstimcocking

England on 20:57 - Jun 5 by Pommyhoop

If you think Vardy is shite you must of thought Jamie Mackie was double shite because he is a very similar player but with about 4 times the skill/technique.
To the OP, cheers I'd forgotten all about the game and Charlie's involvement ,I'll record it and have a butchers later.

I wouldn't have called him sh!t, but quite clearly he was nowhere near the level you'd expect of an England international in years gone bye. It just shows what a poor pool of players we have to choose from nowadays. He's no Glenn Hoddle or John Barnes.
England on 05:43 - Jun 6 with 4606 viewsWatford_Ranger

England on 05:36 - Jun 6 by timcocking

Lol you must be sh!t then. Jamie Vardy is no better than half the people i know. Or if he is, only barely.

Well he's been a professional footballer for quite a few years, plays in the Premier League and is in the England squad so either you know a lot of elite footballers or you're talking out your ar$e.
England on 09:03 - Jun 6 with 4504 viewsBluce_Ree

If I knew Charlie was staying, then I would watch it. But he blatantly isn't. So fk it.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

England on 09:27 - Jun 6 with 4487 viewsPunteR

When is the game,who we playing?
Glad Austin has been called up,he deserves it.
We've put quite a few players on the map. Austin, Kyle Walker,Andros Townsend,Mackie....

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

England on 09:41 - Jun 6 with 4468 viewsEastR

I'm Irish and I hope Charlie scores against us in an otherwise pointless game.

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

England on 09:49 - Jun 6 with 4459 viewsTacticalR

England on 05:36 - Jun 6 by timcocking

Altogether now - half the people timcocking knows for England!

Air hostess clique

England on 10:30 - Jun 6 with 4417 viewsMrSheen

England on 05:41 - Jun 6 by timcocking

I wouldn't have called him sh!t, but quite clearly he was nowhere near the level you'd expect of an England international in years gone bye. It just shows what a poor pool of players we have to choose from nowadays. He's no Glenn Hoddle or John Barnes.

He scored a fantastic goal against us in the Championship. A sniff of a chance, and he smashed it into the far corner. I was impressed.
England on 10:31 - Jun 6 with 4415 viewsLblock

I'll be watching

STILL watch em even though I despise most of the players

It's my country at the end of the day

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

England on 11:54 - Jun 6 with 4355 viewspaulparker

England on 10:31 - Jun 6 by Lblock

I'll be watching

STILL watch em even though I despise most of the players

It's my country at the end of the day

Yep me too
I think we have the players to do well at the Euros just the wrong manager ,
Imagine El Tel coaching the ox, sterling, Rooney, Wellbeck , Kane etc

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

England on 14:22 - Jun 6 with 4268 viewsMonahoop

Some sports reporters here in Ireland have been desperately trying to hype this game up, Auld Enemy, the usual jingoistic crap, but to be honest, few people seem to care. Ireland have a more important game coming up against Scotland and anyway more attention has been given to the 'hand of Thierry Henry' incident in 2009 which ultimately led to the 'hand of Blatter' dishing out a nice piece of wedge to keep the FAI quiet and the money going towards building the Aviva Stadium in Dublin. Such scandal beats watching Ireland and England anyway.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

England on 13:58 - Jun 7 with 4032 viewsbacardiinbrissie

England on 02:26 - Jun 6 by SonofNorfolt

Steve, tell the truth, you miss it really, all that sun and Bacardi has addled your brain. You'll get a mention in my new book however, with your comment about the best two grand you've ever spent coming over for THAT goal last year!
Danny, Wiggy and moi are out there tomorrow staying in Bray with a Paddy, one of my best mates, then meeting up with Anglo Irish mates,and hopefully no idiots from both nations.
Wareranger is spot on, I've had fantastic experiences travelling the world with England as the excuse, and contrary to media opinion our fans are among the fairest there are. I'll argue the toss rationally with all comers that we are the best supported nation with travelling fans of any sports team in the world.
Rooney, although flawed, is still our only real World XI footballer, just watch his passing ability.
Vardy, like Charlie, has worked his way up from non league, so good luck to 'em both. Be great for Austin to get on whilst he's still on our books, and Tim wlthout ever having seen you play if you're that good give it go, at 51 and dodgy Bertie Mee, I'd probably give you a limp for your money.
Holloway, you only prefer to watch the Women's WC as it's the closest you'll get to females all together in one place without the authorities being called.
Our expectations are too high, not surprising for a football mad country with the richest FA on the planet, but we're not that bad.
Like Rangers it is your team come what may.
QPR and England, thin and thin. x

Cheers Mel, honestly don't care about the team but I'd happily make the trip again to see that goal.
Let me know when the new book is ready as I'll have a few
Good luck
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024