Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig 19:35 - Jun 16 with 5604 viewsDrewster

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33158464
Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 19:51 - Jun 16 with 5530 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

Cool - lets see how this works out.
Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 20:00 - Jun 16 with 5488 views1BobbyHazell

The White Middle Class Male Liberation Front will be pleased. They were convinced Shappi Khorsandi was a shoe in.

Another blow for the cause brothers.

We shall overcome...
We shall overcome...
Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 20:05 - Jun 16 with 5464 viewsRangersDave

Put your money on a rival Channel 4 show, same time of evening, with Clarkeson, Hamster and Captain Stupid announced any day now!

Any sensible rival TV company would offer them the cash for the revenue they could bring in, in advertising etc.

It'll happen, and Top Gear will slowly die a painful death!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 20:07 - Jun 16 with 5444 viewsHollowayRanger

hardly ever watched it and certainly wont be watching it ever now

The BBC's David Sillito said the new line-up meant Clarkson's co-hosts Richard Hammond and James May would not be involved.

bit like watching the beatles without john paul ringo and George

[Post edited 16 Jun 2015 20:11]

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 20:12 - Jun 16 with 5404 viewsbosh67

Hmmm. Having watched the last two series they are going to have to do a lot more than new presenters to make it feel less tired. As good as Chris Evans is I am not entirely sure unless the show goes a different way that it will do anything apart from prolong the death throes.
[Post edited 16 Jun 2015 20:50]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 20:29 - Jun 16 with 5349 viewsClive_Anderson

Chris Evans? He's more clapped out than those old cars they use in the challenges. 20 years ago maybe.
Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 20:48 - Jun 16 with 5276 viewsandygg

Oh please, not that high pitched, whiney voiced tw@t.

Give that a miss for sure.
Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 20:57 - Jun 16 with 5241 viewseasthertsr

Never watched it, this has ensured I never will!
Login to get fewer ads

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 21:03 - Jun 16 with 5224 viewsFredManRave

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 20:29 - Jun 16 by Clive_Anderson

Chris Evans? He's more clapped out than those old cars they use in the challenges. 20 years ago maybe.

And rusty.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 22:53 - Jun 16 with 5051 viewsizlingtonhoop

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 23:16 - Jun 16 with 5013 viewsNorthernr

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 20:05 - Jun 16 by RangersDave

Put your money on a rival Channel 4 show, same time of evening, with Clarkeson, Hamster and Captain Stupid announced any day now!

Any sensible rival TV company would offer them the cash for the revenue they could bring in, in advertising etc.

It'll happen, and Top Gear will slowly die a painful death!

Personally I feel like it's been doing that anyway - though certainly not internationally, and not for BBCWW, which is why they're so desperate to keep it going.
I used to watch it every week, used to cry laughing, used to love it, never miss an episode. But it lost its way for me somewhere. It used to be a car show where funny things happened, because funny things do happen when you go out with your mates and pis about. But it sort of quietly crossed over into a scripted comedy show, where increasingly ridiculous scenarios were created that would always end in some kind of caravan fire. It ended up being like Last of the Summer Wine, where you sat bored rigid while three old soaks told the same old jokes waiting for the bathtub on wheels to be set in motion. Couldn't actually tell you the last time I watched it, except for the odd time I happen across a classic ep that I like on Dave.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 23:18 - Jun 16 with 5007 viewsSomersetHoops

Inevitable substandard appointment. I regret that he will not be a patch on what went before and they would be better starting from scratch with a new programme. That whining screeching DJ will never be up to the job. The BBC should realise they have killed Top Gear and the lucrative income stream that flowed from it was as much to do with an image Evans just does not have.

Who's Next?

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 23:25 - Jun 16 with 4987 viewsdaveB

Thats a shame I was hoping he'd make TFI Friday a regular thing again instead
Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 08:04 - Jun 17 with 4823 viewsLancashirehoop

Hopefully it will become more about the cars again than the presenters. Many successful shows end up focussing on the host rather than the content, possibly as much by accident as design.

Noel Edmonds, Bruce Forsyth , Jonathan Ross, Chris Evans himself and many others eventually became bigger than the shows they presented. Whether they engineered it or it was foisted off them, we ended up watching them rather than the shows.

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 08:36 - Jun 17 with 4782 viewsRs_Holy

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 23:16 - Jun 16 by Northernr

Personally I feel like it's been doing that anyway - though certainly not internationally, and not for BBCWW, which is why they're so desperate to keep it going.
I used to watch it every week, used to cry laughing, used to love it, never miss an episode. But it lost its way for me somewhere. It used to be a car show where funny things happened, because funny things do happen when you go out with your mates and pis about. But it sort of quietly crossed over into a scripted comedy show, where increasingly ridiculous scenarios were created that would always end in some kind of caravan fire. It ended up being like Last of the Summer Wine, where you sat bored rigid while three old soaks told the same old jokes waiting for the bathtub on wheels to be set in motion. Couldn't actually tell you the last time I watched it, except for the odd time I happen across a classic ep that I like on Dave.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I think it peaked a few years ago... The amphibious cars, stretched limos and the electric car were my personal favourites...
Agree in recent years it has become a bit too scripted(the India special was so unbelievable) but I still found most episodes watchable.
I will watch the new format and Evans has a lot of fans so the viewing figures will still be good.
Clarkeson, May and Hammond will definatley appear together again ... My money's on Sky!
Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 08:40 - Jun 17 with 4775 viewsDiscodroids

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 20:00 - Jun 16 by 1BobbyHazell

The White Middle Class Male Liberation Front will be pleased. They were convinced Shappi Khorsandi was a shoe in.

Another blow for the cause brothers.

We shall overcome...
We shall overcome...

shes from Iran you know, not a lot of people know that...

[Post edited 17 Jun 2015 8:41]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 08:56 - Jun 17 with 4753 viewssarwanov

Great link.Appreciate it

http://www.soran.edu.iq

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 09:16 - Jun 17 with 4718 viewsMonahoop

Never liked the show with those annoying middle aged thee amigos trying hard to be silly teenagers again [ though actually don't mind James May when he's doing other programmes]. With Evans now on board this will be more reason for me to ignore this programme. Can't stand the shouting, know it all, owl eyed bollix.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 23:48 - Jun 17 with 4533 viewsPablo_Hoopsta

I still love Top Gear though it clearly isn't what it was. I reckon Evans will do a decent job. I'd love to see Guy Martin next to him, he's a proper character and petrol head even if he prefers the demon two wheelers!
[Post edited 17 Jun 2015 23:54]
Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 00:12 - Jun 18 with 4504 viewsWilloW4

Top Gear - Chris Evans gets the gig on 22:53 - Jun 16 by izlingtonhoop

I'm thinking.. Pair of tossers.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024