Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glastonbury 09:16 - Jun 23 with 20234 viewsMonahoop

It's that time of the year again. Fun down on the a farm somewhere in deepest, darkest Somerset. Anyone on here going or has been in the past? An interesting, eclectic line up I see this year, old and new, something for all.

I last went in 1979. Tom Robinson was there then. He's there this year I see.

Enjoy.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Glastonbury on 09:41 - Jun 23 with 7466 viewsElHoop

Yeah I went last year for the first time. I'm now sad about missing it this year, having refused to entertain the idea of going for so many years, although I don't think that the lineup is anywhere near as good this time, but there's still plenty of acts who I would go and see all the same. I would love to see Florence.
Glastonbury on 10:30 - Jun 23 with 7401 viewsDiscodroids

went in 97, pissed down solid for two days and i got sprayed with human waste while watching daft punk which turned out to be the lesser of two weevils.

echo anfd the bunnymen and the orb were very very good.

i prefer to watch it on the box moaning like phil daniels dad in 'quadrophenia'
[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 10:32]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Glastonbury on 10:32 - Jun 23 with 7409 viewsrobith

Went five years in a row 07-11, not been since as I've prefered the Primaveras in Europe, but really starting to miss it

Line up this year is a tad weak, but gutted to miss Kanye. Love him, and his show at Finsbury Park last year was absolutely incredible

The Friday run in West Holts (best field) of Run the Jewels, Caribou and Hot Chip is where I'd be Friday night
Glastonbury on 10:47 - Jun 23 with 7378 viewsaston_hoop

Went in 08 when Jay Z headlined. I saw Neil Diamond and the rest was a bit of a blur. But I think I enjoyed it.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Glastonbury on 10:47 - Jun 23 with 7377 viewsSimonJames

I usually do car park duty, but had to miss it this year, and the last couple, due to childcare issues. Definitely be there next year.
Shangri La and Lost Vagueness on the Wednesday night were usually very entertaining (especially the burlesque).
Amongst "memorable" acts was Amy Winehouse's shipwreck of a performance in 2008, topped off by an encore of fisticuffs with a punter.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Glastonbury on 11:51 - Jun 23 with 7326 viewsHoopza_Lawski

I will be there,setting off tomorrow.Have not missed one since my 1st time in 2007.
I love the great atmosphere and the chilled out vibe.
This year,I will be looking forward to seeing The Who,Patti Smith,Rudimental,The Cribs,Burt Bacharach,Motorhead,The Waterboys,Suede and many more.
Glastonbury on 11:55 - Jun 23 with 7318 viewsElHoop

Glastonbury on 10:47 - Jun 23 by SimonJames

I usually do car park duty, but had to miss it this year, and the last couple, due to childcare issues. Definitely be there next year.
Shangri La and Lost Vagueness on the Wednesday night were usually very entertaining (especially the burlesque).
Amongst "memorable" acts was Amy Winehouse's shipwreck of a performance in 2008, topped off by an encore of fisticuffs with a punter.

Saw Amy supporting the Arctic Monkeys at Old Trafford cricket ground a few years back - only time I ever saw her. She was on early for some reason, but late haha - she was good though.

I reckon that Alex Turner will roll up this year. He's US based these days but was at the Strokes the other day in London. His mates Mini Mansions are at Glastonbury - there's got to be a chance he'll show up anyway. He's my tip for a surprise.
Glastonbury on 17:04 - Jun 23 with 7192 viewsPeterHucker

Went quite a few times.
1989 (highlights Pixies, Throwing Muses, Bhundu Boys, Elvis Costello, Proclaimers)
1994 (highlights Johnny Cash, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Elvis Costello again, Galliano)
1995 (highlights Tricky, Morphine, PJ Harvey, Dreadzone, Page & Plant)
1997 (highlights Radiohead, Dreadzone again, Super Furry Animals, Neneh Cherry)
1998 (highlights Tony Bennett, Theaudience, Red Snapper)

The first 3 were in glorious sunshine and when it's like that there was no better place to be.
97 & 98 were both muddy as hell and that put me off going for a few years, started going to smaller festivals instead.
Nowadays I'd like to go but getting tickets is really hard. So I watch it at home, wondering why they're showing all the stuff from the main stage and when is Woody Bop Muddy coming on.
Login to get fewer ads

Glastonbury on 20:22 - Jun 23 with 7113 viewsMonahoop

Glastonbury on 10:30 - Jun 23 by Discodroids

went in 97, pissed down solid for two days and i got sprayed with human waste while watching daft punk which turned out to be the lesser of two weevils.

echo anfd the bunnymen and the orb were very very good.

i prefer to watch it on the box moaning like phil daniels dad in 'quadrophenia'
[Post edited 23 Jun 2015 10:32]

There's nothing like having an old moan at some of the acts. You can be a one man, armchair critic and no one would ever know, well in my case the wife and the dog might notice maybe!

The three W's, Wilko, Weller and The Who would be top of my list to sees if I was there. Burt Bacharach could be interesting, as well as the Sleaford Mods, a band who have a very authentic 70's punk sound me thinks. Such a great choice of music to be had down there on farmer Eavis's plot.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Glastonbury on 20:32 - Jun 23 with 7095 viewsToast_R

Went in 2007 and it p*ssed down non stop. Line up was good but the mud ruined it no matter how much I drink through it.
Glastonbury on 20:50 - Jun 23 with 7078 viewsizlingtonhoop

Glastonbury on 09:41 - Jun 23 by ElHoop

Yeah I went last year for the first time. I'm now sad about missing it this year, having refused to entertain the idea of going for so many years, although I don't think that the lineup is anywhere near as good this time, but there's still plenty of acts who I would go and see all the same. I would love to see Florence.

Glastonbury on 22:13 - Jun 23 with 7005 viewsElHoop

Glastonbury on 20:50 - Jun 23 by izlingtonhoop

She's had a haircut!
Glastonbury on 00:16 - Jun 24 with 6932 viewsPunteR

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Glastonbury on 06:31 - Jun 24 with 6898 viewslondonscottish

Went in 92.

808 State were at their peak. Blur were fantastic. Tom Jones launched Reload and won everyone over ( including me to my surprise - I heard his band launch into Too Hot to handle and legged it over to the main stage thinking it was the Black Crowes).

Spent loads of time at the dance tent and the cider bus plus random all nighters wherever anyone had a generator and some house music.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Glastonbury on 09:35 - Jun 24 with 6848 viewsMetallica_Hoop

With the loss of the Foo's, Motorhead are now supporting Florence

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Glastonbury on 09:37 - Jun 24 with 6839 viewsFDC

I preferred The Machine's earlier work with Rage Against, but Florence And is decent enough festival fodder.
Glastonbury on 13:06 - Jun 26 with 6697 viewsElHoop

Sounds like the Libs are filling the gap in the tonights schedule. Whether they're any good these days is another matter!

Still, quite a strong Shepherds Bush contingent performing this year.
Glastonbury on 13:24 - Jun 26 with 6671 viewsR_from_afar

I've never been but it looks like a blast. Banco de Gaia live at Glastonbury is one of my favourite albums.

During the telly coverage one year, they were interviewing punters and asked this massive (white) guy with an afro who he was looking forward to see. He said "Ozric Tentacles". The interviewer didn't cotton on but afro man was actually Jumping John, the Ozrics' flautist.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Glastonbury on 13:55 - Jun 26 with 6639 viewsrobith

Glastonbury on 13:06 - Jun 26 by ElHoop

Sounds like the Libs are filling the gap in the tonights schedule. Whether they're any good these days is another matter!

Still, quite a strong Shepherds Bush contingent performing this year.

these days? They were pretty shambolic first time around!
Glastonbury on 13:57 - Jun 26 with 6631 viewsElHoop

Glastonbury on 13:55 - Jun 26 by robith

these days? They were pretty shambolic first time around!

True
Glastonbury on 14:13 - Jun 26 with 6599 viewsDiscodroids

anyone done Creamfields ??, i done the first one in 1998,it was like spending 24 hours in a khmer rouge camp . on nutmeg.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2015 14:14]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Glastonbury on 14:22 - Jun 26 with 6590 viewssimmo

The lineups look w@nk

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Glastonbury on 14:57 - Jun 26 with 6568 viewsElHoop

Glastonbury on 14:22 - Jun 26 by simmo

The lineups look w@nk

Well they're upsetting China:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/tibet/11700905/China-warns-Glasto

And Pussy Riot must be upsetting Putin.

So it can't be all bad!
Glastonbury on 15:05 - Jun 26 with 6561 viewsBrightonhoop

1990 Mark E Smith and Nick Cave were top draw, The Cure tried a comeback and I think I fell asleep durin the Wonderstuff.....if you remember too much you weren't trying hard enough.
Glastonbury on 19:50 - Jun 26 with 6506 viewsTheBlob

The Vaccines.....

Are you f*cking sure?

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024