Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Away Support 14:13 - Aug 30 with 4372 viewsRblock_James

Is it me or is it getting worse? Just as the team are getting better as well!

Yesterday was horrendous, as was Wolves (despite the comeback). Not gonna go into the whole sitting/standing debate again, but something's affecting the atmosphere. Someone spent the second half doing a crossword in front of me ffs. Huddersfield fans to our right were making a decent effort. Slightly embarrassing being out sung by a few hundred northerners.

Found it very cringey when some of our lot, who'd been sat in complete silence for 85 minutes, decided to give it bertie big bollocks to the home support.

We actually have a side that might be worth getting behind and backing for a change!

Moan over.

Our Away Support on 14:21 - Aug 30 with 4301 viewsHayesender

Our away support has been embarrassing for a few season now imo.

The last time I actually enjoyed going to away games was in the promotion season under Warnock.

If you dare to try and start an atmosphere now, you get some fat feck in a replica shirt about two sizes to small telling you to sit down

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Our Away Support on 14:23 - Aug 30 with 4293 viewsTacticalR

We need to jettison the old guard and bring in young, hungry supporters from the lower leagues.

Air hostess clique

Our Away Support on 16:05 - Aug 30 with 4005 viewsstowmarketrange

Our Away Support on 14:23 - Aug 30 by TacticalR

We need to jettison the old guard and bring in young, hungry supporters from the lower leagues.

And inflatables too.
Our Away Support on 16:16 - Aug 30 with 3957 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Our Away Support on 14:21 - Aug 30 by Hayesender

Our away support has been embarrassing for a few season now imo.

The last time I actually enjoyed going to away games was in the promotion season under Warnock.

If you dare to try and start an atmosphere now, you get some fat feck in a replica shirt about two sizes to small telling you to sit down

I don't go to many but wba last season was great.
Our Away Support on 16:20 - Aug 30 with 3932 viewsstowmarketrange

Our Away Support on 16:16 - Aug 30 by CroydonCaptJack

I don't go to many but wba last season was great.

I think it was because it was so unexpected.To be 3-0 up at ht was beyond anyone's dreams.
Our Away Support on 17:07 - Aug 30 with 3804 viewsLowerloftLad

The last few seasons have put people off going to QPR away games there always seems to be some sort of drama going on with fans fighting,arguing, or just fighting with are own players add to that a woeful away record and you can see why people have been put off. Saying that I have not attend a single game yet

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Our Away Support on 17:14 - Aug 30 with 3749 viewsWatford_Ranger

Prices certainly don't help but it would be a lot better if either it was just a given people stood up or you could request a ticket nearer the back if you want to sing and stand or near the front if you want to just sit and watch the game. I tend to like to do a mix of both but inevitably end up obstructing someone who wants to sit in 'their' seat which is in row ZZZ.
Our Away Support on 17:15 - Aug 30 with 3748 viewsbatmanhoop

Yeovil in a meaningless cup game 1100
a week later
Wolves 750
Login to get fewer ads

Our Away Support on 17:17 - Aug 30 with 3739 viewsOldPedro

Huddersfield fans too our right made more noise than the rest of their supporters - could have been becuase thye had that bl00dy drum and they all stood up without any attempt by the stewards or police to do anything about it. Noticed when a few of our fans tried to stand for more than a few minutes, they were spoken to by the stewards.

Personally I do prefer to stand but as I always take my 8 year old son, if everyone is standing he can't see. At least in the old days of terracing, if people had kids with them they could simply move to the front where with allocated seating you can't do that.

Pity they don't just bring back some form on terracing.

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Our Away Support on 18:09 - Aug 30 with 3611 viewsRblock_James

Our Away Support on 17:14 - Aug 30 by Watford_Ranger

Prices certainly don't help but it would be a lot better if either it was just a given people stood up or you could request a ticket nearer the back if you want to sing and stand or near the front if you want to just sit and watch the game. I tend to like to do a mix of both but inevitably end up obstructing someone who wants to sit in 'their' seat which is in row ZZZ.

You can request a ticket at the back. I do it for every away game. Just have to ask the box office on the phone.

Obviously you can't do it via the online ticketing system.
Our Away Support on 18:12 - Aug 30 with 3599 viewsRblock_James

Our Away Support on 17:15 - Aug 30 by batmanhoop

a week later
Wolves 750

Numbers mean bugger all when everyone's sat in silence.
Our Away Support on 18:29 - Aug 30 with 3538 viewsstowmarketrange

You can always move to the back yourself when there is room,but when the stand is sold out like Charlton,its more difficult to arrange it amongst ourselves.
At some grounds they try to make you sit in your allocated seat,some don't.
Our Away Support on 18:35 - Aug 30 with 3511 viewsTacticalR

We need to get rid of the bad eggs.

Air hostess clique

Our Away Support on 18:41 - Aug 30 with 3477 viewsGetMeRangers

Hard to understand why but some games the atmosphere is good and some not. Wolves was a strange one. Huge noise from their fans and rushing into a two goal lead, despite showing signs of being able to get back into it

Perhaps too long a time with HR and MH results means that few have confidence that singing will make any difference. At least with terracing, as at Yeovil, there is a bit of banter and an ability to move around "We're the right side, we're the right side, we're the right side over here"

Charlton was an excellent atmosphere, but with that came those who turned on the players and the team. I am sure alcohol has a large part to play in how good an atmosphere there is. How engrossing teh game is, I think as well. Cardiff at home and many surely had too many thoughts about what was going on the pitch. Wasnt quite the R Block christening for my youngest I was expecting

WBA brilliant, but Villa few days later not quite so.

Perhaps, if the team builds more confidence in the fans the atmosphere will get better?
Our Away Support on 19:57 - Aug 30 with 3311 viewsstevec

When we hit rock bottom financially and spent 3 seasons in League One the expectations became so low that any success was that much better, the play off and promotion seasons were fantastic, support wise.

I don't think any of us have ever really come to terms with being the type of club that's wealth base meant success was expected, the fact we were no longer the perennial underdog.
Our Away Support on 20:37 - Aug 30 with 3196 viewsDorse

Our Away Support on 17:15 - Aug 30 by batmanhoop

a week later
Wolves 750

Lot of R's hiding from the yokels in the South West. We just have to avoid getting burnt at the stake by distracting them with shiny objects or balloons.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Our Away Support on 21:16 - Aug 30 with 3137 viewsBluce_Ree

F**k. Anybody who pays good money to go and see QPR away is a f**king super supporter in my book. After the shit the team have served up in recent seasons? Christ.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Our Away Support on 09:01 - Aug 31 with 2903 viewsJonDoeman

Our Away Support on 14:23 - Aug 30 by TacticalR

This is funny cos its true. We have an ageing fan base.

It Is What It Is !!

Our Away Support on 09:45 - Aug 31 with 2800 viewsLythamR

part of it is the songs

lots of QPR supporters have chosen not to have lobotomy required to sing songs like "we pay your benefits" "northern scum" etc

If we sing proper songs a higher % would join in. its not the total solution but it would help
Our Away Support on 09:51 - Aug 31 with 2782 viewsWatford_Ranger

We seem to have a severe lack of fans my age (25) as we were so awful in the late 90s/early 00s.

I know it's difficult given the stadium is small but for games like Blackburn midweek would it be too crazy to give away tickets to young local residents to try and avoid losing them to Chelsea and the like. I might be generalising a little but we seem to have quite a small black support for a club in an area with a big black community. It seems an obvious potential source of young fans.

I'd like to know Chris Ramsey's views on this.
Our Away Support on 10:03 - Aug 31 with 2741 viewsbatmanhoop

Our Away Support on 09:51 - Aug 31 by Watford_Ranger

We seem to have a severe lack of fans my age (25) as we were so awful in the late 90s/early 00s.

I know it's difficult given the stadium is small but for games like Blackburn midweek would it be too crazy to give away tickets to young local residents to try and avoid losing them to Chelsea and the like. I might be generalising a little but we seem to have quite a small black support for a club in an area with a big black community. It seems an obvious potential source of young fans.

I'd like to know Chris Ramsey's views on this.

that's the age wedding bells are in the air and monies too tight to mention. Some of the football served up hasn't been that enticing for some to travel 100's of miles and witness Hoilett, Traore et al. On the football forum there is a thread about teams in the Championship away following. Saturday we had 850ish at Huddersfield, Fulham 700ish at Rotherham and Cardiff had 650ish at Forest. Those figures suggest fans have got better things to do with their money than paying over the odds for mediocre football
Our Away Support on 10:26 - Aug 31 with 2688 viewsLythamR

Those figures also indicate that Fulham have massively closed the gap on us in terms of away support which is concerning. we have had much stronger travelling support that Fulham for many years
Our Away Support on 10:53 - Aug 31 with 2619 viewsGetMeRangers

Our Away Support on 10:03 - Aug 31 by batmanhoop

that's the age wedding bells are in the air and monies too tight to mention. Some of the football served up hasn't been that enticing for some to travel 100's of miles and witness Hoilett, Traore et al. On the football forum there is a thread about teams in the Championship away following. Saturday we had 850ish at Huddersfield, Fulham 700ish at Rotherham and Cardiff had 650ish at Forest. Those figures suggest fans have got better things to do with their money than paying over the odds for mediocre football

Perhaps also combined with a bank holiday weekend and some still on holiday. I would have gone if I hadnt got back on Saturday morning

Why? The football is interesting to watch atm as we develop our new style of play and players bedding in, plus there is a chance of winning in this league. Plenty of more attractive away games coming up this season too... Richard Keogh Memorial game, a first win a t Forest, Brizzle, Cardiff, Bees, Fools, Ipswich, Brighton, Birmingham, Fakes, MK Dons plus more. Good season to be following the Rs IMO
Our Away Support on 11:11 - Aug 31 with 2580 viewskensalriser

Our Away Support on 10:03 - Aug 31 by batmanhoop

Not very many get married in their mid 20s any more so I don't think that's a factor.

Mediocre football? Is football at this level worse than it used to be? I don't think so. If anything, it's better.

Money must be a factor, youth unemployment has been higher since the financial crash, and ticket prices and travel are quite a lot higher than ten plus years ago. But also, and this many be connected, I'm not sure football is that fashionable for groups of lads in their late teens/early 20s.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our Away Support on 11:47 - Aug 31 with 2511 viewsbatmanhoop

Our Away Support on 11:11 - Aug 31 by kensalriser

Not very many get married in their mid 20s any more so I don't think that's a factor.

Mediocre football? Is football at this level worse than it used to be? I don't think so. If anything, it's better.

Money must be a factor, youth unemployment has been higher since the financial crash, and ticket prices and travel are quite a lot higher than ten plus years ago. But also, and this many be connected, I'm not sure football is that fashionable for groups of lads in their late teens/early 20s.

I'm more excited about this season than I've been for a while. Think we have some real talent in the squad. What I'm suggesting is the past 20 odd years hasn't been the easiest supporting the r's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024