Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Damien Delaney 15:23 - Aug 31 with 5045 viewsbullythebear

Who'd have thought it? A pretty average centre back when playing for us, probably thought of as past his mediocre best when sold to Palace. Not missed by any of our fans. Immense player for Palace now. Really pleased for him. A bit like our Clint making the absolute most of his ability.
Damien Delaney on 15:26 - Aug 31 with 5019 viewsterryb

Problem was mainly that he was a centre back that played at left back for us!

Mind you the season he joined us from Hull he looked good & was selected for the ROI side.

A good honest pro that deserves his recent praise & your reference to Clint is very apt.
Damien Delaney on 15:42 - Aug 31 with 4937 viewsJonDoeman

Also a mention for Puncheon , but we preferred SWP instead. Value there.

It Is What It Is !!

Damien Delaney on 16:48 - Aug 31 with 4736 viewsThGrimRanger

i was pleased to see the back of him when he left us for ipswich at what should have been his peak. Staggered at him not only holding a premier starting place but thriving 6 years later. think he only played centre-back for us on a couple of occasions and that's obviously his position.

he also seems to have developed the ability to concentration over the full 90 minutes.

anyway good luck to the bloke and shows how much i know.

TheGrimRanger

Damien Delaney on 16:53 - Aug 31 with 4705 viewscaliforniahoop

Damien Delaney on 16:48 - Aug 31 by ThGrimRanger

i was pleased to see the back of him when he left us for ipswich at what should have been his peak. Staggered at him not only holding a premier starting place but thriving 6 years later. think he only played centre-back for us on a couple of occasions and that's obviously his position.

he also seems to have developed the ability to concentration over the full 90 minutes.

Always rated him personally use to argue with the guy sitting next to me about it, was always a CB.
Damien Delaney on 17:29 - Aug 31 with 4581 viewsTacticalR

Damien Delaney on 16:48 - Aug 31 by ThGrimRanger

Yes, I always said he'll come good in 6 year's time.

Air hostess clique

Damien Delaney on 20:07 - Aug 31 with 4263 viewsthemodfather

just another who seemed useless for us and then goes elsewhere and looks good....bothroyd, hoilet,samba, ......mbia.....
Damien Delaney on 20:16 - Aug 31 with 4222 viewsTacticalR

I am all for self-flagellation threads. I just don't understand the need to self-flagellate in this particular case.

Air hostess clique

Damien Delaney on 21:01 - Aug 31 with 4097 viewsHantsR

I quite liked him and think we've had a lot worse in that position since he left. His main problem, as another poster implied, was his concentration and I remember a tendency to get out of position. On at least one occasion I remember him wandering over the pitch from left back to right wing position, without cover.
Login to get fewer ads

Damien Delaney on 22:53 - Aug 31 with 3942 viewsted_hendrix

Always seemed like a decent pro to me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Damien Delaney on 09:07 - Sep 1 with 3766 viewsWeaverQPR

Amazing what being played in your natural position does for you.

@WeavQPR

Damien Delaney on 09:27 - Sep 1 with 3732 viewsrobith

Damien Delaney on 15:42 - Aug 31 by JonDoeman

Also a mention for Puncheon , but we preferred SWP instead. Value there.

In fairness on that one Puncheon was despised at Southampton and the few times he appeared for us he looked like Mr Cresote.

That case is less ineptitude on our part and the case of a player settling and applying himself to make the most of his ability
Damien Delaney on 09:57 - Sep 1 with 3694 viewswestberksr

Damien Delaney on 09:07 - Sep 1 by WeaverQPR

...... and what the fukk has that got to do with QPR?

it's not our way; if you are a centre back you should be able to do a job at right wing or we will boo you; boo you I say!
Damien Delaney on 12:07 - Sep 1 with 3608 viewstoboboly

I seem to remember a number of people were pissed off when he left us due to that he was honest and at least tried. Unlike many of the idiots we were getting in. Remember Matt Hill on loan the next season? Utter dog $hite.

A bit like selling Mackie it was pointless and was probably only due because he was one of the few we could get a fee for and was made out to be "troublesome" due to his honesty.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Damien Delaney on 12:16 - Sep 1 with 3580 viewsTacticalR

Damien Delaney on 09:07 - Sep 1 by WeaverQPR

We believe in totaalvoetbal here.

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024