Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les Ferdinand - time to go 11:13 - Oct 22 with 6768 viewsrichpr

He is responsible for...

CR coming in as manager
Not selling Phillips, Austin & co
Not selling the above meant keeping massive salaries on books and led to making a serious bunch of cr*p, useless loan signings
No doubt will sell Austin and co for virtually nothing in January
Can't get any decent loan signings from the big teams for some reason (and no Watford are not a big team)
Not a youth player near the first team all of a sudden
Creating a long-term plan - well the short-term plan is not going in the right direction so absolutely no chance of a decent long-term plan

Sorry LF and CR but time to go. Everyone was rooting for them but it just isn't working. If it wasn't for 10m we got for Sterling we'd be in deeper sh*t
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:19 - Oct 22 with 4768 viewsfrancisbowles

Just what we need another anti thread!
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:22 - Oct 22 with 4760 viewsAntti_Heinola

Can't believe I'm replying to this tiresome nonsense, but ok.

CR coming in as manager - Partly. But TF wanted him too.

Not selling Phillips, Austin & co - The offers made weren't enough. Charlie didn't want to go to the clubs that showed interest. So this is nonsense. Club did the right thing.

Not selling the above meant keeping massive salaries on books and led to making a serious bunch of cr*p, useless loan signings - Really?

No doubt will sell Austin and co for virtually nothing in January - Sack him for something we might do?

Can't get any decent loan signings from the big teams for some reason (and no Watford are not a big team) - How do you know we've tried? How do you know they'd be any good? See Sahar, Ben. See Sinclair, Scott. See Carroll, Tom. etc.

Not a youth player near the first team all of a sudden - All of a sudden? When was there before? Doughty should be more involved, Harriman or Furlong should perhaps be on the bench, but there is no one else really up to standard. Listen to Steve Gallen's podcast about our 'youth system' even when we thought it was good it didn't really exist.

Creating a long-term plan - well the short-term plan is not going in the right direction so absolutely no chance of a decent long-term plan - Things are nowhere near as bad as some people are making out.

Sorry LF and CR but time to go. Everyone was rooting for them but it just isn't working. If it wasn't for 10m we got for Sterling we'd be in deeper sh*t - You rooted for them for about 5 minutes. Well done. The Sterling bit makes no sense at all. If we didn't have the Sterling money we might well have taken less for Austin. That we didn't was because we didn't have to.

Still, well done for trying.

Bare bones.

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:26 - Oct 22 with 4738 viewssimmo

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:22 - Oct 22 by Antti_Heinola

Not selling Phillips, Austin & co - The offers made weren't enough. Charlie didn't want to go to the clubs that showed interest. So this is nonsense. Club did the right thing.

Not selling the above meant keeping massive salaries on books and led to making a serious bunch of cr*p, useless loan signings - Really?

No doubt will sell Austin and co for virtually nothing in January - Sack him for something we might do?

Can't get any decent loan signings from the big teams for some reason (and no Watford are not a big team) - How do you know we've tried? How do you know they'd be any good? See Sahar, Ben. See Sinclair, Scott. See Carroll, Tom. etc.

Not a youth player near the first team all of a sudden - All of a sudden? When was there before? Doughty should be more involved, Harriman or Furlong should perhaps be on the bench, but there is no one else really up to standard. Listen to Steve Gallen's podcast about our 'youth system' even when we thought it was good it didn't really exist.

Creating a long-term plan - well the short-term plan is not going in the right direction so absolutely no chance of a decent long-term plan - Things are nowhere near as bad as some people are making out.

Sorry LF and CR but time to go. Everyone was rooting for them but it just isn't working. If it wasn't for 10m we got for Sterling we'd be in deeper sh*t - You rooted for them for about 5 minutes. Well done. The Sterling bit makes no sense at all. If we didn't have the Sterling money we might well have taken less for Austin. That we didn't was because we didn't have to.

Why did you bother mate

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:26 - Oct 22 with 4730 viewsAntti_Heinola

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:26 - Oct 22 by simmo

Why did you bother mate

co worker had left room and can't do anything til he comes back.
idle hands and all that!

Bare bones.

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:28 - Oct 22 with 4718 viewsfrancisbowles

Anti well done for such a reasoned reply to such nonense.
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:29 - Oct 22 with 4717 viewsdaveB

blaming Les Ferdinand and looking to get rid of him is like having brain cancer and deciding the best way to cure it is to cut your head off
[Post edited 22 Oct 2015 11:31]
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:36 - Oct 22 with 4673 viewsShotKneesHoop

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:29 - Oct 22 by daveB

blaming Les Ferdinand and looking to get rid of him is like having brain cancer and deciding the best way to cure it is to cut your head off
[Post edited 22 Oct 2015 11:31]

The one who has made all the crass decisions is not Les, it's our Tone; starting with getting rid of Warnock at the wrong time, then being interviewed by Hughes, then believing Pinocchio Redknobb, then picking CR on the basis of two jammy away wins in a week.

The more influence Les has (and Warnock) the better it will get.

We will never get back to the standard of football evident in " 70's Maverick Footballers" that was shown on ITV4 last night, featuring Rod, Stan and Currie. It would be nice to get some juniors through into the first team.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:36 - Oct 22 with 4669 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sorry, rich, but I don't agree with you. At all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:38 - Oct 22 with 4661 viewsozexile

Can't believe I even opened the thread.
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:42 - Oct 22 with 4641 viewseccles

So we're going to throw all the cards back in the air are we?
We are only a dozen games into a new era for gods sake!
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:49 - Oct 22 with 4607 viewsjohncharles

Sir Les is a QPR legend and hero..... and you are...... ?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2015 11:51]

Strong and stable my arse.

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:56 - Oct 22 with 4586 viewsrichpr

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:28 - Oct 22 by francisbowles

Anti well done for such a reasoned reply to such nonense.

Perhaps, somebody can tell me why LF is there at all. CR and TF get all the blame.
I admit I am a bit of a pessimist which is part of the fun but PLEASE tell me what he has done that is moving QPR in the right direction.
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:05 - Oct 22 with 4552 viewsrichpr

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:49 - Oct 22 by johncharles

Sir Les is a QPR legend and hero..... and you are...... ?
[Post edited 22 Oct 2015 11:51]

Stanley for Director of Football. Rodney for Manager. Wegerlie for Coach. Stainrod for Chairman. Doesn't work that way. I can't criticise someone cos I am not as good at playing as they were?? ok mate - you must be someone very famous min disguise.
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:11 - Oct 22 with 4522 viewsdaveB

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:56 - Oct 22 by richpr

Perhaps, somebody can tell me why LF is there at all. CR and TF get all the blame.
I admit I am a bit of a pessimist which is part of the fun but PLEASE tell me what he has done that is moving QPR in the right direction.

Ferdinand is here as a director of football to put in place a strategy to help find a pathway to the first team for our own youngsters and change the transfer policy so we sign younger players and are able to sell them on at a profit. He's basically trying to return QPR to what they used to be rather than a place for old players to collect a pension. So far he's brought in a lot of younger players like Luomgom, Gladwin, Angello, Hall and Cherry who look decent, he's started to set standards at the club so now players who spout off on twitter or storm off down the tunnel after being taken off are no longer ignored but fined for their indiscipline in an attempt to restore some respect to the dressing room. Basically he's tried to bring some sanity back to the club which was never going to work as we're crazy.

Sadly despite all the talk from fans not many had the patience for that and have been demanding instant results so those above Les have bottled it again and changed the remit for what Ferdinand has to do and it'll end in tears.
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:15 - Oct 22 with 4480 views1MoreBrightonR

I was going to reply to this, even though the original post is a bit of a joke...and then saw that Antti had written pretty much everything that should ever be said in response.
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:32 - Oct 22 with 4398 viewsYorkRanger

Employ a longer term strategy and then sack the guy responsible for delivering it within a few months....

Sorry but this thread is pretty silly IMO
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:32 - Oct 22 with 4397 viewsconnell10

What a God awful thread. I really despair at some of our support. PATHETIC!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:33 - Oct 22 with 4395 viewsPunteR

I did the schoolboy error of accidently pressing the up voting arrow instead of the down.
That'll teach me for just jumping on the bandwagon...
Just to be clear ,i'm firmly in the down arrow camp.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:35 - Oct 22 with 4384 viewsDiscodroids

can any one tell me where i left the jasmine and bergamot incense sticks ??, i thought i left them in the kitchen drawer, but no such luck.
Thanks.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:35 - Oct 22 with 4387 viewsMatch82

This one was my favourite!
Just think of the possibilities.
Why did you sack Wenger? I'm pretty sure he was going to buy another centre back
Why did you drop Austin? I thought maybe he'd miss a good chance in the second half of we were one nil down
Why did you arrest that man? He looked like he might rob a back next Tuesday at 4 o clock
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:37 - Oct 22 with 4373 viewsMytch_QPR

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:05 - Oct 22 by richpr

Stanley for Director of Football. Rodney for Manager. Wegerlie for Coach. Stainrod for Chairman. Doesn't work that way. I can't criticise someone cos I am not as good at playing as they were?? ok mate - you must be someone very famous min disguise.

How is it that some people think that struggling for results and being mid-table in The Championship equates to meltdown?

Tell you what then, let's sack everyone - including Lee Hoos and Ethel the tea lady, we'll flog all the players and get what we can for them, then sell the ground to developers to settle the FFP fine. Things have got so disastrous that this is clearly the only course of action.

Sorry to rant, but I think everyone at the club is making their best effort and sometimes it doesn't work out. It's the same for Villa, Sunderland, Nottm Forest and many others. Money gets spent, players come and go - sometimes it clicks into place and the results come good.

On second thoughts, we should keep Ethel.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:39 - Oct 22 with 4367 viewsAntti_Heinola

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 11:56 - Oct 22 by richpr

Rich, a word of advice: if you don't know why Les is there or what he's doing, better not to start a thread saying he should be sacked. Start a thread with this question instead, which Dave answered quite nicely.

Bare bones.

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:44 - Oct 22 with 4330 viewsDiscodroids

its ok, i found them next to the clothes pegs in the utility room.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:46 - Oct 22 with 4323 viewsrichpr

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:11 - Oct 22 by daveB

Ferdinand is here as a director of football to put in place a strategy to help find a pathway to the first team for our own youngsters and change the transfer policy so we sign younger players and are able to sell them on at a profit. He's basically trying to return QPR to what they used to be rather than a place for old players to collect a pension. So far he's brought in a lot of younger players like Luomgom, Gladwin, Angello, Hall and Cherry who look decent, he's started to set standards at the club so now players who spout off on twitter or storm off down the tunnel after being taken off are no longer ignored but fined for their indiscipline in an attempt to restore some respect to the dressing room. Basically he's tried to bring some sanity back to the club which was never going to work as we're crazy.

Sadly despite all the talk from fans not many had the patience for that and have been demanding instant results so those above Les have bottled it again and changed the remit for what Ferdinand has to do and it'll end in tears.

Youngster eh!
Angello - panic loan signing (I guess he's part of the plan)
Gladwin - sends him back to Swindon on load - I guess they are not paying his full wages
Hall - panic signing when someone realized at the last minute we were short on defenders - never going to make it at Spurs
Furlong - excellent prospect - ship him out to Northampton
Doughty - CR never plays him
Greco-Cox - seems to be banished to the reserves? not sure
Chery - good player but was subbed by CR in most games (at least he showed he cared v Fulham)

I absolutely agree with you as to what the strategy should be - but it needs a very good project manager in laying down the strategy and implementing it.

We seem to be further from implementing that very strategy than we were at the end of last year. That is why I am on at LF - I would love him to succeed but just can't see what he has done that is progressive in nearly a year.
Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:50 - Oct 22 with 4300 viewsrichpr

Les Ferdinand - time to go on 12:39 - Oct 22 by Antti_Heinola

Rich, a word of advice: if you don't know why Les is there or what he's doing, better not to start a thread saying he should be sacked. Start a thread with this question instead, which Dave answered quite nicely.

OK - understood
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024