Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JFH 17:36 - Dec 5 with 3720 viewsmacclesfieldman

I just want to say I'm feeling very positive about JFH. His interview whilst at Burton was very impressive. I honestly couldn't give a rats ar@e about his Chelsea connections, 2 of our greatest Managers, Venables and Sexton had those connections.
Good luck Jimmy and welcome.
PS talk sport interview with Bircham yesterday was very disappointing, only focussed on his Chelsea connection

Wild horses couldn't drag me away...

JFH on 18:17 - Dec 5 with 3669 viewsDorse

Chelsea? Who are they?

I actually missed the announcement yesterday through a combination of work, kids and Friday night dans la boozeur. However, now I've had a chance to think about it, I am pretty pleased with this appointment. He's a sort of 'Gerry Francis' appointment - lower league experience, sees the club as a step up, something to prove etc. It fits.

Now, if he can get us smiling again, who knows? Mid-table but still interested in a playoff spot and playing fun football? Or mid-table, playing safety first football and all of us terrified we might lose? The end result is the same but I'd rather enjoy the experience!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

JFH on 18:38 - Dec 5 with 3627 viewsJuzzie

Just hope it doesnt end up all JFK.
JFH on 18:41 - Dec 5 with 3620 viewsFDC

I'm inundated by well intending mates, congratulating me on a fine managerial appointment, who, in the words of one comrade, will "cut through the QPR problems with his combination of sensational eye lasers and training ground kicking the be-fck out of a free kick training, and also looking hard".

Which is fair enuff. I love a feel good holiday as much as the next vampire, but part of me is also fairly confident that we can fck up this bright young thing's career and be looking for more blood by February like the relentless vampires we are. But in the meantime yeah i'm down with Jimmy Pink Floyd Hassling The Bank as much as the next vampire.

Edit: Welcome Ser Jimbob. May your reign upon the QPR Game Of Thrones be long and not at all bloody.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2015 18:54]
JFH on 19:38 - Dec 5 with 3534 viewsderbyhoop

Proper recruitment process, ending with an excellent appointment. Is this the QPR we're supposed to be supporting? I don't recognise it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

JFH on 20:03 - Dec 5 with 3483 viewsDeepcutHoop

I'm still not convinced we got him.

This picture released of him with his new club shirt held aloft? Whose shirt is that?
JFH on 20:13 - Dec 5 with 3468 viewsFDC

The last time we had a non English manager was Paulo Sousa, who tried to sell a diamond midfield formation to us lot with limited success. Sounds like Jimmy Pink Floyd likes to build a defence, let's give him a break if it looks dull for half a season or so lads?
JFH on 20:20 - Dec 5 with 3446 viewsDeepcutHoop

JFH on 20:13 - Dec 5 by FDC

The last time we had a non English manager was Paulo Sousa, who tried to sell a diamond midfield formation to us lot with limited success. Sounds like Jimmy Pink Floyd likes to build a defence, let's give him a break if it looks dull for half a season or so lads?

Everyone appears to be ecstatic with the way Warnock had us playing defensively, so I assume this would be no issue at all.
JFH on 20:34 - Dec 5 with 3420 viewsFDC

Do we know what Jimmy's banter's like though?
Login to get fewer ads

JFH on 00:54 - Dec 6 with 3242 viewsPunteR

JFH on 20:03 - Dec 5 by DeepcutHoop

I'm still not convinced we got him.

This picture released of him with his new club shirt held aloft? Whose shirt is that?

Its Hasslebainks shirt. Its got his name on the back .

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

JFH on 01:09 - Dec 6 with 3228 viewsBrianMcCarthy

JFH on 20:13 - Dec 5 by FDC

Magilton and Hughes were post-Sousa, FDC.

Agree completely with your post, though. Patience will be key.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

JFH on 01:48 - Dec 6 with 3213 viewsitsbiga

Can he be in the roster so we can use him as a super sub for the last 10 mins?
I'm sure he could be handy and net a few.
I'm right behind him 100%.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

JFH on 08:59 - Dec 6 with 3097 viewsDorse

JFH on 00:54 - Dec 6 by PunteR

Its Hasslebainks shirt. Its got his name on the back .

His Mum sewed his name tag in his shorts too.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

JFH on 10:40 - Dec 6 with 2998 viewsrichpr

If he can get our overpaid slouches playing with a bit of enthusiasm / flair then he will be a massive success. I personally think he has got his work cut out. It's going to be very different for him not being the underdog every week. Hope he does well - his record so far is pretty impressive + they apparently play decent, neat football
JFH on 11:49 - Dec 6 with 2941 viewsPunteR

JFH on 10:40 - Dec 6 by richpr

If he can get our overpaid slouches playing with a bit of enthusiasm / flair then he will be a massive success. I personally think he has got his work cut out. It's going to be very different for him not being the underdog every week. Hope he does well - his record so far is pretty impressive + they apparently play decent, neat football

This is the thing, his CV and all his achievements needs to be put away to one side. He's at QPR now.
He's definitely got his work cut out. If he fails he'll just have to get his impressive CV back out and will probably get another job.
My main concern with JFH is if he does well,will he jump ship as soon as a bigger club come after him as he did with Burton?

JFH on 12:07 - Dec 6 with 2910 viewsRangersw12

JFH on 11:49 - Dec 6 by PunteR

This is the thing, his CV and all his achievements needs to be put away to one side. He's at QPR now.
He's definitely got his work cut out. If he fails he'll just have to get his impressive CV back out and will probably get another job.
My main concern with JFH is if he does well,will he jump ship as soon as a bigger club come after him as he did with Burton?

If he does it will show he has done a decent job for us so win win all round
JFH on 12:32 - Dec 6 with 2875 viewsPunteR

JFH on 12:07 - Dec 6 by Rangersw12

If he does it will show he has done a decent job for us so win win all round

Yeh ,agree . Hopefully though he will have stabilized us enough for us to get another good manager in and continue the good work,otherwise we will be back to square one.
This Rolling contract he's on does bother me a bit because i'd like to see some commitment from him but i guess that commitment has to come from the club as well. It works both ways.
Hopefully he's given a few seasons to get the club going.

JFH on 15:48 - Dec 6 with 2746 viewsDeepcutHoop

JFH on 11:49 - Dec 6 by PunteR

That's not a concern, that's what we should be hoping for.

When was the last time that happened?
JFH on 16:33 - Dec 6 with 2698 viewstimcocking

me too, I'm actually excited and enjoying football temporarily

that said, if Warnock had stayed on for a bit, I bet we'd have kept on winning...

don't care he played for Chelsea. maybe if it was JT, but other than that, don't care
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024