Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will players.... 20:27 - Dec 28 with 7976 viewsconnell10

....be picked on their ability and not their names at rangers??

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

When will players.... on 20:34 - Dec 28 with 5638 viewsjohncharles

We'll never know until we find out who does the picking. Not the manager we've been told.

Strong and stable my arse.

When will players.... on 20:40 - Dec 28 with 5621 viewsconnell10

When will players.... on 20:34 - Dec 28 by johncharles

We'll never know until we find out who does the picking. Not the manager we've been told.

Sorry mate i agree with alot of your posts but I don't believe anyone picks the team but the manager.

When will players.... on 20:44 - Dec 28 with 5600 viewsparker64

JFH doesn't strike me as the type who'd have others picking the team.
When will players.... on 20:51 - Dec 28 with 5564 viewsconnell10

When will players.... on 20:44 - Dec 28 by parker64

JFH doesn't strike me as the type who'd have others picking the team.

Agree mate.

When will players.... on 20:56 - Dec 28 with 5545 viewsQPRDave

When will players.... on 20:40 - Dec 28 by connell10

Sorry mate i agree with alot of your posts but I don't believe anyone picks the team but the manager.

same
When will players.... on 21:20 - Dec 28 with 5473 viewsNW10Hoop

When will players.... on 20:34 - Dec 28 by johncharles

That's got to be a load of rubbish. Even if Les was some Machiavellian control freak, you don't replace the manager and then carry on exactly as before.

I don't get the absence of Luongo, and I don't see why Fer is ahead of Chery/JET/anyone in the pecking order, but I get the feeling that JFH is probably seeing the same picture of the squad as Warnick did and is picking accordingly.

Like it or not, I expect a couple more to come in next month (maybe a couple out too), but I expect the team to be more in Jimmy's mould by the end of February
When will players.... on 21:23 - Dec 28 with 5456 viewspaulparker

I said the same thing 2 days ago Connell and got the normal hysterical sh1t thrown at me
The signs were les and his interview against Brighton, he basically said play offs or nothing
Poor old Ollie was trying to say it's about building the club for the next 3 years and Les was very sheepish & pretty much changed the subject
JFH maybe manager but he has been told what players to pick from , ie the "Prem players" or the high earners ,also we have the best young manager in the game but give him a rolling contract !!
Henry right wing and then behind Fer, leave off , Green in goal no thanks , Toszer is awful , and as for Fer words fail me to what he actually is
Luango, Gladwin , chery , smithies & co will be off in the summer then we will be back to square one again
The club is a shambles and that's not down to the manager but the pr1cks who have been running us into the ground
We could have pep as manager and it wouldn't make a difference
This club is fcuked and the sooner Tony & friends Fcuk off the better

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

When will players.... on 21:48 - Dec 28 with 5400 viewsBklynRanger

This is my view on the latest magic bullet stuff going on in W12:

I do think it's quite possible that JFH is being asked (not told) to select the more experienced, higher earning players. The idea being what Les attributed to Warnock -that some of those 'other' players are for the 'future', not an immediate 'promotion push.'

If so, JFH might be prepared to go along with it until such times as he decides that the idea is stupid and unworkable. He is new, and to some extent it might actually be keeping a bit of pressure off him if he's complying with the owners rather than fighting them.

I don't think there's any evidence (is there?) that Les is picking the team or deciding on subs etc. He's probably just had a talk with Jimmy that involved words like those above plus other like 'remit', 'portfolio', 'promised land' and other cobblers like that.
Login to get fewer ads

When will players.... on 21:50 - Dec 28 with 5388 viewsTGRRRSSS

If JFH was found to be a puppet and therefore weak, surely it would be to his detriment of the managerial career he has started to build up surely?
I think our squad is a bit mixed up and injuries make it worse, I admit though some selection looks odd.
When will players.... on 22:06 - Dec 28 with 5321 viewsJamie

When the manager is given time, freedom and a sensible remit. So never at QPR.

The owners are desperate to sell so need promotion this season, and they along with Les believe the names will be most likely to achieve that. No ifs, no buts.
When will players.... on 22:11 - Dec 28 with 5293 viewsconnell10

When will players.... on 22:06 - Dec 28 by Jamie

When the manager is given time, freedom and a sensible remit. So never at QPR.

The owners are desperate to sell so need promotion this season, and they along with Les believe the names will be most likely to achieve that. No ifs, no buts.

they wont!

When will players.... on 22:14 - Dec 28 with 5272 viewsjohncharles

When will players.... on 20:40 - Dec 28 by connell10

I agree with you Connell, the manager picks the team and is responsible but every time I say that I jumped on, people saying it's not JFH It's Saint Les or it's Fernades or some other person or persons unknown. I reckon if someone takes the title manager he takes the responsibility

When will players.... on 23:05 - Dec 28 with 5193 views1MoreBrightonR

Can anyone who thinks JFH doesnt pick the team explain why on earth he'd join us if thats the case? It wouldnt make any sense
When will players.... on 23:26 - Dec 28 with 5144 viewsthemodfather

how much is les interfering? if so, why doesn't jimmy speak out? who's in control? the manager?
the players really were dire today....too many did too little, yet happily grab their pay cheques.....17000 let down today...few today left that pitch with credit..polter and JET and who else? hall and hill?? so 7 under performed....whooopppeeee
When will players.... on 23:55 - Dec 28 with 5115 viewsRangersw12

When will players.... on 23:26 - Dec 28 by themodfather

how much is les interfering? if so, why doesn't jimmy speak out? who's in control? the manager?
the players really were dire today....too many did too little, yet happily grab their pay cheques.....17000 let down today...few today left that pitch with credit..polter and JET and who else? hall and hill?? so 7 under performed....whooopppeeee

Where's this bullshit come from that Les is interfering with the team ?

Warnock played similar teams without a striker was Les picking those teams aswell ?

End of the day the whole season went belly up when we failed to get rid of the high earners and TF & fans suddenly thought we should be promotion candidates

If we had carried on the remit at the start of the season we would be seeing Doughty, Furlong , Gladwin , Luongo but that's changed and this is what we have
When will players.... on 00:00 - Dec 29 with 5096 viewsconnell10

When will players.... on 23:55 - Dec 28 by Rangersw12

Where's this bullshit come from that Les is interfering with the team ?

Warnock played similar teams without a striker was Les picking those teams aswell ?

End of the day the whole season went belly up when we failed to get rid of the high earners and TF & fans suddenly thought we should be promotion candidates

If we had carried on the remit at the start of the season we would be seeing Doughty, Furlong , Gladwin , Luongo but that's changed and this is what we have

agree mate, its another boardroom moving the goalposts fock up!

When will players.... on 00:07 - Dec 29 with 5089 viewsPommyhoop

When will players.... on 22:14 - Dec 28 by johncharles

I agree with you Connell, the manager picks the team and is responsible but every time I say that I jumped on, people saying it's not JFH It's Saint Les or it's Fernades or some other person or persons unknown. I reckon if someone takes the title manager he takes the responsibility

Exactly. Like i said in the other thread when this bollx was brought up. JFH is made of stronger stuff than is being made out here. There's no way he is a puppet he may not be as 'brilliant'' as
some folks thought but its early days, lets give him some respect FFS .

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

When will players.... on 00:40 - Dec 29 with 5024 viewsPommyhoop

Some serious U turning going on here lately.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2015 2:03]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

When will players.... on 01:56 - Dec 29 with 4957 viewsBklynRanger

When will players.... on 23:05 - Dec 28 by 1MoreBrightonR

Can anyone who thinks JFH doesnt pick the team explain why on earth he'd join us if thats the case? It wouldnt make any sense

Jimmy comes in, gets told by Les that the reason they're getting rid of CR is 1) results haven't been good enough but mainly 2) they've kept a few 'big name' [guffaw] players who they didn't expect to.

This means that the objective for this season is now 'the play-offs'. Les says that they have a large squad, maybe, maybe too large and that in order to achieve the remit objective they want to narrow down some of those selections and focus on playing the more 'experienced' 'bigger name' players and make them into a cohesive unit. Also to 'put them in the shop window or we're all fcuked'.

He, they all, feel that Jimmy is the right manager to carry out this big name remit objective. Les is not going to interfere with Jimmy's work on a day to day basis and will support him because he's Les and he has thighs of solid gold and moves like a Rolls Royce [though he could get back on side a bit more quickly at times], but that is the Remit Project Objective.

Jimmy says that sounds fine and on the advice of his psychiatrist asks for a big fat one year rolling contract.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2015 1:57]
When will players.... on 09:15 - Dec 29 with 4848 viewsBrianMcCarthy

How come everybody is so definite as to who picks the team, and am I the only Ranger who missed out on the mind-reader gene?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

When will players.... on 09:28 - Dec 29 with 4814 viewsadhoc_qpr

When will players.... on 09:15 - Dec 29 by BrianMcCarthy

How come everybody is so definite as to who picks the team, and am I the only Ranger who missed out on the mind-reader gene?

Agree, i seem to have missed this conspiracy theory developing over Christmas?

Odd team selection for sure, but I assume it's because our squad is so unbalanced and lacking in several areas.
When will players.... on 09:43 - Dec 29 with 4783 viewsBrianMcCarthy

When will players.... on 09:28 - Dec 29 by adhoc_qpr

Agree, i seem to have missed this conspiracy theory developing over Christmas?

Odd team selection for sure, but I assume it's because our squad is so unbalanced and lacking in several areas.

I agree it was odd, though a lot of it could be explained by JFH's preference for playing two defensive mids. Questions I heard yesterday ranged from "Why didn't he fuggin' pick Faurlin?" (easy - because he had played two days ago), through "Why Green over Smithies?" (legitimate) to "Why Fer over Cherry and Luongo?" (hard to explain).

Even allowing for the fact that so much goes on behind the scenes in terms of training form, minor injuries and tactical preparation that we can't possibly know as fans I found myself slightly disappointed that certain changes weren't made either for yesterday's game or at half-time. But there's no way in hell I'm signing up for the rage machine that many have strapped themselves into. It's too early yet for JFH to judge the players and for us to judge him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

When will players.... on 09:53 - Dec 29 with 4757 viewsjohncharles

When will players.... on 09:15 - Dec 29 by BrianMcCarthy

I blame Nostradamus and his bloody Ouija board

When will players.... on 09:59 - Dec 29 with 4747 viewsSomersetHoops

I think what we may be seeing is a manager's tactic of demonstrating how bad some players are by playing them. When Fernandez rattles off a list of super players he thinks he's got as justification for better results JFH demonstrates how crap they actually are by playing them. It's a tactic used by many managers, but particularly by Redknapp before demanding a big wedge to replace them. This tactic is normally reserved for the time just before the transfer window opens. Interesting to see if it works.

Who's Next?

When will players.... on 10:02 - Dec 29 with 4737 viewsisawqpratwcity

When will players.... on 09:43 - Dec 29 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree it was odd, though a lot of it could be explained by JFH's preference for playing two defensive mids. Questions I heard yesterday ranged from "Why didn't he fuggin' pick Faurlin?" (easy - because he had played two days ago), through "Why Green over Smithies?" (legitimate) to "Why Fer over Cherry and Luongo?" (hard to explain).

Even allowing for the fact that so much goes on behind the scenes in terms of training form, minor injuries and tactical preparation that we can't possibly know as fans I found myself slightly disappointed that certain changes weren't made either for yesterday's game or at half-time. But there's no way in hell I'm signing up for the rage machine that many have strapped themselves into. It's too early yet for JFH to judge the players and for us to judge him.

There is a collective madness sweeping the site (I suspect ergot poisoning). I attribute this to the splintering into 'preferred manager' factions when it seems to make absolutely no difference whatsoever to team selection, tactics or results.

I'm developing a dissociated fatigue condition that is building a callus between the club and my 'give-a-sh*t' cortex.

Anyway, that's the plan. But the whole sorry mess is like some classroom rumble you can't resist.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024