Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When will players.... 20:27 - Dec 28 with 8008 viewsconnell10

....be picked on their ability and not their names at rangers??

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

When will players.... on 10:54 - Dec 31 with 978 viewsdaveB

I'm finding the digs at Ferdinand all quite depressing, so sad he's become the latest scapegoat for some fans but was inevitable. We'll soon drive him out then find someone new to moan at
When will players.... on 10:57 - Dec 31 with 970 viewsJamie

When will players.... on 12:20 - Dec 29 by daveB

If Fernandes was picking the team we'd be playing with 2 strikers, if it was Les then you'd be seeing most of the players he signed so think it's safe to say it's Jimmy Flloyds team.

Jimmy played with two strikers every week at Burton, so a stretch to be,uneven he's choosing to play with 0 here.
When will players.... on 11:10 - Dec 31 with 954 viewsPommyhoop

When will players.... on 10:57 - Dec 31 by Jamie

Jimmy played with two strikers every week at Burton, so a stretch to be,uneven he's choosing to play with 0 here.

The accusations that Les is picking the team is made almost exclusively by those who were most rabid in the Ramsey out campaign. Even more, some of them had JFH as their preferred pick.
Rather blame some mental conspiracy theory than the blatant truth..we are a mid table championship side no better no worse than what we were/ might of been under CR..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

When will players.... on 11:15 - Dec 31 with 947 viewsstevec

Everything about the present squad says, when most are fit and able, we have 4 defenders and 4 midfielders who can play the traditional roles within that format.

That leaves room for 2, or precisely, room for 2 forwards. Can we just have a crack at 4-4-2
It may be as useless as the fancy formations, but I am struggling with this idea that a midfielder is the answer to this so called No 10 roll.
When will players.... on 11:19 - Dec 31 with 941 viewsfrancisbowles

When will players.... on 10:49 - Dec 31 by adhoc_qpr

I hate to see players playing out of position instead of youngsters - we should have played Furlong instead of Onouha at right back and Petrasso instead of Karl Henry on the right wing at least!

I'm genuinely puzzled by the fact whenever i see our younger players play in the first team, they look to be decent enough options (not world beaters but not out of their depth either) - but when manager after manager refuses to pick them you have to wonder...

If you put Petrasso in front of Furlong then you invite the opposition to target that side. Cue it all goes wrong, player confidence drops and crowd get on their back. Players ruined for foreseeable future.

It is almost what happened to Furlong last year and then he had an experienced player in front of him although he got very little protection.

It is hard enough to successfully introduce one youngster but to try two on the same side?
When will players.... on 11:23 - Dec 31 with 937 views1JD

When will players.... on 10:54 - Dec 31 by daveB

I'm finding the digs at Ferdinand all quite depressing, so sad he's become the latest scapegoat for some fans but was inevitable. We'll soon drive him out then find someone new to moan at

Oh how depressing.. Weep weep.

Is he beyond criticism? When someone doesn't perform do you just leave them be, pat them on the back, and wish for the best?

Let's analyse the big decisions, because this is what he will be judged on. He made a risky/idiotic appointment in Ramsey. It didn't work. He has made 11 signings. The vast majority of which are not working out well. 2 major performance metrics for the DoF. No hiding. No bullshit. Just facts.

Ferdinand single handedly lost with me with his staunch views on Toszer- one of the worst centre midfielders I've seen at Loftus Road in years. When you listen to to that you get some real insight into his thinking and his approach. It was also at this point it became prerty clear to me Ferdinand was influencing team selection in the way he wanted to. Until that point I was pretty content with his tenure. But when someone shows a side you strongly don't like or agree with, and gives indications of something bigger at play, well, you start to ask questions. Questions that many fans are beginning to ask, and rightly so in my opinion.
When will players.... on 11:37 - Dec 31 with 915 viewsdaveB

When will players.... on 11:23 - Dec 31 by 1JD

Is he beyond criticism? When someone doesn't perform do you just leave them be, pat them on the back, and wish for the best?

Let's analyse the big decisions, because this is what he will be judged on. He made a risky/idiotic appointment in Ramsey. It didn't work. He has made 11 signings. The vast majority of which are not working out well. 2 major performance metrics for the DoF. No hiding. No bullshit. Just facts.

Ferdinand single handedly lost with me with his staunch views on Toszer- one of the worst centre midfielders I've seen at Loftus Road in years. When you listen to to that you get some real insight into his thinking and his approach. It was also at this point it became prerty clear to me Ferdinand was influencing team selection in the way he wanted to. Until that point I was pretty content with his tenure. But when someone shows a side you strongly don't like or agree with, and gives indications of something bigger at play, well, you start to ask questions. Questions that many fans are beginning to ask, and rightly so in my opinion.

Blimey, all he said was that Toszer was a decent player and he is a decent player but hasn't done it yet for us. His main game is similar to Faurlin in picking out runs of the forwards and playing them in which is difficult to do when you don't play with any forwards.

I think Ferdinand is doing an excellent job and trying to do things most fans were screaming for under Redknapp but don't have the patience for. All this bullshit about him picking the team is fantasy stuff, the kind of made up crap that Sousa was sacked for

Of course he is not beyond criticism but if he can't earn a but of patience when he's not even been n the role a year then I really don't know who can succeed at this club
When will players.... on 11:40 - Dec 31 with 913 viewsadhoc_qpr

When will players.... on 11:23 - Dec 31 by 1JD

I think Les should stop giving interviews if everything he says is going to be picked apart and spun in different ways by different people.

Ramsey was a poor choice as manager but let's give the signings at least a season before branding them all flops eh?

Hall has been an unqualified success, especially for a freebie.

Also we've seen contributions and flashes of quality from Luongo, Chery, JET and Mackie (counts as a new signing IMO) even if they've not nailed down starting places.

Konchesky and Perch were starting to form part of a solid defence until the latters injury. even Poulter has now scored a goal.

Tozser and Gladwin have been the only complete flops (and i have no idea why in Gladwin's case either).
Login to get fewer ads

When will players.... on 11:44 - Dec 31 with 912 viewsPunteR

When will players.... on 10:24 - Dec 29 by baz_qpr

I think the premise of the OP deserves to be challenged - Who with greater ability is not being picked? My assessment at the half way stage is the summer was one of the worst transfer windows in recent times up there with Hughes summer of madness. 10m spent and the only success a last minute freebie squad filler who the manager at the time said would only be a backup, whilst we end up playing half the season without a recognised striker The rest:

Luongo - A tidy player without a position, overlooked by caretaker and current manager
Gladwin - Wrong sort, clearly had issues straight back to where he came from and a probably write off
Chery - Has flattered to deceive, small, not had the influence we hoped
JET - Had one good game up front otherwise lazy, overweight and not trusted by the managers
Polter - Bombed out by Ramsey, works hard, awkward, lacks ability though, may work if given time but no world beater
Toszer - Absolutey dire cannot understand how he was part of a winning Watford team, slow, hides, passing poor, defensively poor, off the pace
Angella - When he plays we concede as above cannot understand how he was part of a winning team, crap in the air, slow on the ground
Smithees - Small keeper, looked very nervous on playing, Green is in such fast decline he should be taking this shirt
Konchesky - been ok short term loan though and surely when Yun and Robinson are fit will make way

Gladwin wrong sort?.
He's scoring goals for Swindon and had other clubs looking at him.
Not sure where you got wrong sort from?
He's a rough diamond with loads of potential.
I thought our summer signings were good. Smithies,Luongo,Gladwin,Chery,Hall,Polter . All young talented players with potential.
We had a head coach with a talent in bringing young players through.
We had Mackie back, gave Faurlin another contract, kept Austin,Phillips. Angella and Tozser were supposed to be good championship players.(I'm not convinced with Tozser) Got rid of the older players that were draining the club, Barton,SWP,Zamora,Dunne etc.
This season was supposed to be a settling down season,take stock,regroup,start again.
Then the remit changed.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

When will players.... on 12:29 - Dec 31 with 870 viewsjohncharles

Blame Ferdinand, Tony, blame anyone but don't blame Jimmy Floyd. Why ? So far he's been a huge disappointment. Monday's team and tactics, the lack ambition and inventiveness, was as bad as anything dished up by Paul Hart.

No, I'm not calling for him to sacked. That would be ridiculous but face up to facts. Stop blaming anyone and everyone other than the manager. He picked the ream on Monday and it was piss poor.

Strong and stable my arse.

When will players.... on 12:48 - Dec 31 with 854 viewsPommyhoop

When will players.... on 12:29 - Dec 31 by johncharles

Blame Ferdinand, Tony, blame anyone but don't blame Jimmy Floyd. Why ? So far he's been a huge disappointment. Monday's team and tactics, the lack ambition and inventiveness, was as bad as anything dished up by Paul Hart.

No, I'm not calling for him to sacked. That would be ridiculous but face up to facts. Stop blaming anyone and everyone other than the manager. He picked the ream on Monday and it was piss poor.

They'd never blame Jimmy.At least not this early.
Tis a bitch to be proved wrong so early in the game after so
much venom . so much righteous feeling,
F.ck Yeah we moving now. We going to the promised land .

Mid table security. Praise the Lord.
Praise Jimmy
Alleluia !!

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

When will players.... on 13:44 - Dec 31 with 823 viewsPinnerPaul

When will players.... on 17:20 - Dec 30 by 1JD

It's not as simple as that. Half of Ferdinands recruits have been classified under the "bought for the future" mantra...ie. Next season they will come good. This is from the man himself.

What of the rest? There is no such excuse available for Toszer, Angella, Perch and Konchesky - all 30ish+. Toszer and Perch have played at all costs, despite some woeful performances. Angella has been largely injured but poor whenever he has played. Only Halls surprising (club had him down as back up) form has kept Angella out. And as for Paul "hit and hope" Konchesky- the best of a bad bunch of signings, is this all we can hope for? Solid in defence, poor in possssion.

The facts are Ferdinand has a vested interested in playing his signings- one of the key performance metrics of his role. The facts are the signings have been largely poor. Naturally, in an effort to save face, Ferdinand has a vested interest in continuing to play/champion player inclusions, an
influence he exerts over the coach/manager, despite the evidence on show in matches. The extent of this influence is of course unknown, and up for debate, however, there are some clues if you look closely.

Look no further than Ferdinands "Access all Rrss" interview after about 10 games, specifically relating to questions about Toszer. He vehemently denied Toszer has been playing poorly (thats kind to say the least) and instead went to town and said he is a quality signing who he would have loved to play with in his day. Wow. Just wow. Anyway little wonder why Toszer played at all costs under Ramsey and again why he got a chance because Faurlin was being tested. Ferdinand no doubt in Jimmys ear. Something Warnock would never have in a million years, and it showed in his team selections. Warnock wouldn't stand for that and picked who he wanted to pick, no biased selections.

But Warnock also played without a striker?
When will players.... on 14:39 - Dec 31 with 801 viewsGloucs_R

I'm just hopeful that it's a shop window approach. Take anything we can fur the big earners but get them playing so people come in for them.

Poll: Are we staying up?

When will players.... on 15:31 - Dec 31 with 766 viewsWatford_Ranger

When will players.... on 14:39 - Dec 31 by Gloucs_R

I'm just hopeful that it's a shop window approach. Take anything we can fur the big earners but get them playing so people come in for them.

It's the worst shop window I've ever seen. We'd have more chance shifting the likes of Fer if he was kept in a store cupboard and customers were told he still exists without getting a chance to see before they buy.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024