Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) 12:54 - Dec 29 with 27944 viewsTonto

Quiet at work, so thought this might be fun and take our minds off the footy:

To qualify as "known" you must have been on first name terms with the person (both ways!). You do not need to still be in contact with them (e.g. your baby sitter when you were a kid counts!)

Mine is Louise Stewart - BBC South East Political editor, occasionally seen on the main news, but mostly in the local versions.

Was at Uni with her, she was the flat mate of a girl I was keen on, but never got it on with for various reasons and ended up in the friend zone...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 19:37 - Dec 29 with 4188 viewsDorse

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 17:34 - Dec 29 by TheBlob

I met Queen Victoria once.

She was not a museum.

"He still owes me a tenner..."

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 19:39 - Dec 29 with 4182 viewsqueensparker

I know Matt "MJ" Cole the DJ pretty well from schooldays and went on a few memorable jaunts round Europe watching him play in the good old days. Top bloke and still doing well for himself with the music

To carry on the political journalist thread Laura Kuennsberg was my girlfriend at the time's flat mate for a couple of years in Scotland. She was always going to go far!
[Post edited 29 Dec 2015 19:43]
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 20:49 - Dec 29 with 4083 viewsPeterHucker

used to hang around with Dido, before the Eminem song happened, back when she worked for a publishing company in Camden
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 21:23 - Dec 29 with 4021 viewsdolcelatte

Steve Davis - top top bloke. Harry Redknapp - had to bite lips on more than one occasion on here... virtually every famous uk cyclist given the day job..

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 21:45 - Dec 29 with 3981 viewskingshill

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 21:23 - Dec 29 by dolcelatte

Steve Davis - top top bloke. Harry Redknapp - had to bite lips on more than one occasion on here... virtually every famous uk cyclist given the day job..

Bite your lips?

Are you disagreeing with the general view on here that he is an absolute fraud, con man and all round shyster by any chance?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2015 21:45]
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 21:51 - Dec 29 with 3963 viewsdistortR

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 21:45 - Dec 29 by kingshill

Bite your lips?

Are you disagreeing with the general view on here that he is an absolute fraud, con man and all round shyster by any chance?
[Post edited 29 Dec 2015 21:45]

Nah, he would have bitten his tongue in that case. This is far more enigmatic.
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 22:37 - Dec 29 with 3901 viewsderbyhoop

Chris Gray the former Scotland lock forward. He got us the tickets for Murrayfield when the Sweaty's beat England 13-7 to win the Grand Slam.

Met various MPs, shared a plane with Jonny Wilkinson, a urinal (not the same one) with Robert Croft, the England off spinner. Very nearly bumped into (literally) Gerry Adams when I was staying in a Dublin hotel where Sinn Fein held a meeting. Also crossed paths with the elegant Christine LaGarde (president of the IMF). Played 5 a side with the late Robin Friday. And met QPR's Warren Neil at a party given by my brother.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 22:41 - Dec 29 with 3898 viewsloftboy

Gary Bannister,Wayne Fereday, Billy Connelly used to watch me play.football on a Sunday morning many years ago.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Login to get fewer ads

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 22:54 - Dec 29 with 3867 viewsDWQPR

As a kid my Nan used to live next door to Alan Devonshire when he played for Wham. During those days we were second division rivals. House was in Welland Gardens in Perivale. Won a silent auction lot earlier this year which involved a private tour of the House of Lords and lunch with
BlackRod and also a peer of the realm, which was Lord Guthrie of Craigiebank in the Lords dining room. Afterwards sat with BlackRod in his box in the Lords watching questions in the House. Very good day.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 22:59 - Dec 29 with 3841 viewshoopstilidie

Melvyn Hayes, Allen Clarke (Hollies), Denholm Elliott, Terry-Thomas, Wendy Richard and Clare Grogan would be the closest I guess. Counted them all as friends in varying degrees over the years.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 23:00 - Dec 29 with 3845 viewskomradkirk

Tommy Wright St Johnstone Manager and ex Northern Ireland goalkeeper was barman in my local before he signed pro for Newcastle.
Been on speaking terms with a few politicians here over the years,not always through choice.
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 23:10 - Dec 29 with 3826 viewsessextaxiboy

Ian Crook ex Spurs and Norwich used to come and watch our Sunday team as he went to our school. He was understudy to Hoddle at the time .

The monkey from the Mighty Boosh is the brother of Mrs Taxiboys friend . Always meet him at various charity nights that she runs , couple of times Noel Fielding has been with him.
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 23:37 - Dec 29 with 3778 viewsFDC

I DJed and partook in festivities with Bez of Happy Mondays fame.
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 00:05 - Dec 30 with 3740 viewsBrightonhoop

Never meet your heroes they used to say...met several through photography over the years, some turned out to be absolute gents, others wouldn't want to meet again. There's an old saying along the lines of 'be decent on the way up to those you meet because you will meet them again on the way down.'

Had a fun conversation with McCulloch Echo person through several layers of management saying he was in a good mood that day, for a portrait outside in Brighton, was duly introduced for him to say 'you've got between no chance and no fooking chance, fook off.; he went down like a lead balloon at Glasto the very next day but blew us away with Ian Broudie a few short years later.

Chris Eubank gave me a man hug in Brighton, had worked with him several times, a proper gent. Michael Nyman almost got me into trouble talking Rangers 10 mins before he was due on stage, there was a 24 hour conversation in there and 2000 paying persons ready to lynch me haha. On talking terms with Norman Cook. Nick Cave used to acknowledge with a nod, he and his wife used to drop into jolly g in Brighton. Sir Les was and is a gent beyond reproach for me. I think I've got the only pic of Les, Smith and Cyril Regis outside the Ferdinand Suite at the Old Hayes ground....it's not the Beatles but hey.

But I would have to hand it to Ron Gould, friend, fellow R and gentleman, attended many a game with Ron, and he recorded with Bob Dylan. I dont know anyone else who did. My boy stopped Ron in the supermarket many years back exclaiming 'your Ron Gould, I'm Alfie.' We'd all been to Alfies first time to Rangers a couple of months before.

Only worked with him once, but Hanif Kureshi the writer was a proper gent, we had a non vocal conversation about the inclusion of his pint in the frame on account of religion, I asked to bring the pint into frame and we got on just fine. He has a difficult reputation but is a proper gent. And a great writer. Am good friends with security for Peter Hook and Norman Cook too, probably doesn't count but worth a shout. The Mafia head lived on my street in Uxbridge too but only ever said good morning to each other. Gulp. Be careful for what you wish for lol.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2015 0:31]
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 00:23 - Dec 30 with 3719 viewsPunteR

Jazz trumpet player Quentin Collins. Audio Bullys Simon Franks and Tom Dinsdale. Done some work for Nick Faldo,Robbie Williams and former radio 1 presenter Gary Davies.
Gary Waddock goes to the same barbers as me ,but i've never met him yet.
My dad and uncle were mates with Peter Green. He used to go to their flat and my nan made them all sandwiches.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 00:35 - Dec 30 with 3440 viewsHooped_Pullie

Gordon Brown - top bloke, nothing like the image :
Cilla Black - got to know her really well through work, very sad at her passing :
Jemma Redgrave - lovely person :
Tom Hollander - my downstairs neighbour for ten years, nice guy :
A current Premier League footballer (related through marriage, won't say who)

And…

Some less nice ones who I'll be very kind to by not naming.
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 00:37 - Dec 30 with 3437 viewsBrightonhoop

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 00:23 - Dec 30 by PunteR

Jazz trumpet player Quentin Collins. Audio Bullys Simon Franks and Tom Dinsdale. Done some work for Nick Faldo,Robbie Williams and former radio 1 presenter Gary Davies.
Gary Waddock goes to the same barbers as me ,but i've never met him yet.
My dad and uncle were mates with Peter Green. He used to go to their flat and my nan made them all sandwiches.

Waddock goes two doors down.
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 00:49 - Dec 30 with 3421 viewsPunteR

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 00:35 - Dec 30 by Hooped_Pullie

Gordon Brown - top bloke, nothing like the image :
Cilla Black - got to know her really well through work, very sad at her passing :
Jemma Redgrave - lovely person :
Tom Hollander - my downstairs neighbour for ten years, nice guy :
A current Premier League footballer (related through marriage, won't say who)

And…

Some less nice ones who I'll be very kind to by not naming.

c'mon Pullie ,spill the beans, you know you want to.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 02:13 - Dec 30 with 3381 viewsqprjeff1882

Our very own Paul Bruce.
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 03:19 - Dec 30 with 3372 viewsFredManRave

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 23:37 - Dec 29 by FDC

I DJed and partook in festivities with Bez of Happy Mondays fame.

Cheers FDC. I had nothing until your post reminded me of a night at SW1 way back when. Martin Clunes was there, totally off his tits. I spent the night throwing shapes and wobbling nearby. I was so wasted that his face actually looked normal.

It's not much but it's all I've got.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 09:32 - Dec 30 with 3259 views1MoreBrightonR

Alan Wilder, formerly of Depeche Mode used to have a season ticket next to us for years.

I went to school with the actress Haley Atwell.

Jolyon Rubenstein, presenter of the Revolution Will Not Be Televised was someone i knew at university. He won a Bafta recently....complete and utter tool. Never met such a trendy try hard in my life...but you also always knew he';d be famous which makes it even more annoying.
Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 09:46 - Dec 30 with 3245 viewsQPunkR

Joanna Lumley babysat me a few times when I was a baby (she lived next door when we were crashing at my dad's sister's pad).
Also knew Alice Eve in passing. Even saw her in her undies once, unexpectedly

QPR - "shit but local"

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 10:30 - Dec 30 with 3204 viewsTonto

that reminds me, I went to the same school as Evan Davis and.. our own Jamie Makie.

But I dont recall ever meeting either of them, so i have broken my own rules...

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 11:51 - Dec 30 with 3124 viewsjohncharles

Tonto, you mean to say you've never met the Lone Ranger ?

Strong and stable my arse.

Who is the most famous person you have known? (non QPR) on 12:30 - Dec 30 with 3071 viewsTHEBUSH

I used to know Judy, George Martins wife, what an absolute TOP person she is.

She invited me and 3 mates to a Beatles concert, as was then the Finsbury Park Astoria.

Judy used to play all the latest 45 records at my boys club in Notting Hill.

She must be a saint as she is very posh and we were to say the least, not very polite, in those days.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024