Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Team for Tomorrow 11:20 - Jan 8 with 4981 viewsaston_hoop

Right then, hard to call this one. JFH has said its a chance to try some fringe players but then he also said we'd be competitive. Maybe something like...

GK - Smithies
RB - Henry (Would have been Furlong if we'd held off for a week!)
LB - Konch (or Yun if he isn't injured)
CB - Hall
CB - Hill
CM - Doughty
CM - Diakite
RM - Petrasso
LM - Gladwin
AM - Luongo
ST - JET

Subs
Lumley
Angie
Onouha
Sutherland
Mackie
Grego-Cox
Blackwood

Might get destroyed with that team or something might click

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Team for Tomorrow on 11:33 - Jan 8 with 3490 viewsRBlock

I like that, although I'd like to see Polter stay in up top. The boy needs games and goals, and I can't see fitness being an issue with him. Not exactly in need of a rest so let him have a run out and try and keep building his confidence and match fitness.
Team for Tomorrow on 11:38 - Jan 8 with 3478 viewsfrancisbowles

I think Perch may start at rb and Poulter up front. Think we should give Konch the day off and play Yun or Kepechwa. Similarly, play Angella and rest Hall. Otherwise, I am with you.
Team for Tomorrow on 11:40 - Jan 8 with 3463 views1MoreBrightonR

Team for Tomorrow on 11:33 - Jan 8 by RBlock

I like that, although I'd like to see Polter stay in up top. The boy needs games and goals, and I can't see fitness being an issue with him. Not exactly in need of a rest so let him have a run out and try and keep building his confidence and match fitness.

I do love how you think a cup game will build anyone's confidence at QPR...you've clearly never seen us play in the cup ;)
Team for Tomorrow on 11:40 - Jan 8 with 3457 viewsaston_hoop

I can definitely see the case for Polter, get him a run in the team while he's on form. Especially with Austin nearing a return, it would be nice to have those choices to make. Just thought Jimmy might decide he wants to see JET from the start in a game.

I think the problem with the Full Backs is that Perch and Yun might not be fit, Kpekawa and Furlon are on loan or I'd give both a go. We might just be forced in to that one.

Team for Tomorrow on 11:43 - Jan 8 with 3442 viewsJamie

-------------Smithies------

Onouha--Hill--Angella--Konchesky

-------Luongo-----Toszer------

Petrasso----JET-----Gladwin

-------------Polter---------

Lumley, Diakite, Faurlin, Austin, Hall, Mackie, Henry

Christ. Two Valium for anyone travelling.
Team for Tomorrow on 11:47 - Jan 8 with 3422 viewsadhoc_qpr

The trouble with cup games is we always throw together the misfits, unwanted, unfit and kids in together in a ramshackle 11 that gets thrashed and everyone has a bad game.

I'd prefer us to put out a core of the first team (6 or 7 players) and then start a few players we genuinely want to take a look at as a first team contributor.

So something like:

GK - Smithies
RB - Henry
LB - Konch
CB - Hall
CB - Onouha
CM - Doughty
CM - Faurlin
RM - Phillips
LM - Gladwin
AM - Luongo
ST - Polter

That way we get to see more of Luongo, Smithies, Gladwin and Doughty in a meaningful way.

Then put Diakite, Petrasso, Yun and JET on the bench to potentially give them a decent second half run out.
Team for Tomorrow on 11:52 - Jan 8 with 3407 viewsfrancisbowles

Team for Tomorrow on 11:40 - Jan 8 by aston_hoop

I can definitely see the case for Polter, get him a run in the team while he's on form. Especially with Austin nearing a return, it would be nice to have those choices to make. Just thought Jimmy might decide he wants to see JET from the start in a game.

I think the problem with the Full Backs is that Perch and Yun might not be fit, Kpekawa and Furlon are on loan or I'd give both a go. We might just be forced in to that one.

If Kepekwa is on loan then I had forgotten about that. I hope it's Yun then as Konch has played a lot and with fitness issues around other lbs we can't afford to risk him.

Perch, if fit, needs a run otherwise maybe try Mackie there? He would give us something going forward and give him some minutes. We can always bring on Henry or Ned later.

Get the point about Jet. If he hasn't been written off by JFH, then he needs to start. I always feel he is a rubbish sub but can play well when he starts.
Team for Tomorrow on 12:26 - Jan 8 with 3363 viewsade_qpr

Team for Tomorrow on 11:47 - Jan 8 by adhoc_qpr

The trouble with cup games is we always throw together the misfits, unwanted, unfit and kids in together in a ramshackle 11 that gets thrashed and everyone has a bad game.

I'd prefer us to put out a core of the first team (6 or 7 players) and then start a few players we genuinely want to take a look at as a first team contributor.

So something like:

GK - Smithies
RB - Henry
LB - Konch
CB - Hall
CB - Onouha
CM - Doughty
CM - Faurlin
RM - Phillips
LM - Gladwin
AM - Luongo
ST - Polter

That way we get to see more of Luongo, Smithies, Gladwin and Doughty in a meaningful way.

Then put Diakite, Petrasso, Yun and JET on the bench to potentially give them a decent second half run out.

I'm hoping JFH is working on the formula of giving the experienced names he knows the chance and now is looking at the rest of the squad. So starting to give the younger players a go like Luongo, Gladwin, Polter, Smithies. Not just for this game but as the season progresses.
I agree with this post as to a combination of youth and experience but Faurlin in a cup game scares me.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Login to get fewer ads

Team for Tomorrow on 12:30 - Jan 8 with 3350 viewsadhoc_qpr

Team for Tomorrow on 12:26 - Jan 8 by ade_qpr

I'm hoping JFH is working on the formula of giving the experienced names he knows the chance and now is looking at the rest of the squad. So starting to give the younger players a go like Luongo, Gladwin, Polter, Smithies. Not just for this game but as the season progresses.
I agree with this post as to a combination of youth and experience but Faurlin in a cup game scares me.

I know what you mean, I flinch everytime Faurlin goes down in a match fearing the worst!

But Toszer is such a downgrade the whole team stops functioning - maybe drop Lunongo deeper with Doughty and put Chery in the number 10 role instead?
Team for Tomorrow on 12:45 - Jan 8 with 3313 viewsade_qpr

Team for Tomorrow on 12:30 - Jan 8 by adhoc_qpr

I know what you mean, I flinch everytime Faurlin goes down in a match fearing the worst!

But Toszer is such a downgrade the whole team stops functioning - maybe drop Lunongo deeper with Doughty and put Chery in the number 10 role instead?

Worth a try with Luongo but I have never regarded him as a def mid. This is a game you could try him there or Henry and go with another wildcard that was mentioned earlier MacKie at RB. Do agree with Chery getting a look in too.

If a turtle doesn't have a shell, is he homeless or naked?

Team for Tomorrow on 13:01 - Jan 8 with 3265 viewsElHoop

If it were 3-5-2 I'd go for this:

Smithies
Perch Hall Hill
Mackie Diakite Luongo Gladwin Konchesky
Chery Polter

If it's 4-4-2 then Mackie moves forward into the 4
Team for Tomorrow on 13:03 - Jan 8 with 3252 viewsA40Bosh

Can I just as an advisory state that if Smithies DOES start between the sticks this weekend, can people not get TOO excited, because it is likely to be a one off and not the dawn of the new age.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Team for Tomorrow on 13:19 - Jan 8 with 3215 viewsGetMeRangers

Would be great to see both Samba of Diakite and Mackie unleashed on Forest

Fingers crossed, travelling in hope
Team for Tomorrow on 13:19 - Jan 8 with 3215 viewsRANGERS4EVER

-----------------Smithies-----------------
Perch-----Onuoha--Hill----Konch
----------Diakite------Doughty--------
Mackie-------Luongo-------Gladwin
-------------------Polter--------------------
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 13:21]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Team for Tomorrow on 13:32 - Jan 8 with 3179 viewsDiscodroids

id Love to see that cheeky chappie Diakite play tomorrow.

Just to see his nudge nudge , here today gone tomorrow, jack the lad, Tap the nose, im a bit mad me, Jib.. actually play a first team game for the first time in 2 and a half years to earn his reported 45 grand a week over 4 years.

To see this madcap old rascal crush someone like bolo in 'enter the dragon' after 2 minutes on saturday to a loving QPR crowd , Would instantly anesthetize me to the fact this terry thomas twiddler- of- his- mustache- on- the -deck- of- an- ocean liner , has played about 2o games for us since jan 2012.

Samba ..All hail!! . The bloke must have had enough cash off of us to terraform his own planet .
Stove pipe hats and the atari lynx , have been in and out of fashion since he last played.

Is frankie sutherland still here, or is he in deep space on loan ?
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 13:42]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Team for Tomorrow on 13:40 - Jan 8 with 3138 viewsSimonJames

Team for Tomorrow on 13:32 - Jan 8 by Discodroids

Just to see his nudge nudge , here today gone tomorrow, jack the lad, Tap the nose, im a bit mad me, Jib.. actually play a first team game for the first time in 2 and a half years to earn his reported 45 grand a week over 4 years.

To see this madcap old rascal crush someone like bolo in 'enter the dragon' after 2 minutes on saturday to a loving QPR crowd , Would instantly anesthetize me to the fact this terry thomas twiddler- of- his- mustache- on- the -deck- of- an- ocean liner , has played about 2o games for us since jan 2012.

Samba ..All hail!! . The bloke must have had enough cash off of us to terraform his own planet .
Stove pipe hats and the atari lynx , have been in and out of fashion since he last played.

Obviously I'd have Armand first down on my list, followed in quick succession by Samba and Karl.
...oh hang on a minute, is that a different list?

100% of people who drink water will die.

Team for Tomorrow on 13:42 - Jan 8 with 3131 viewsHunterhoop

Team for Tomorrow on 13:32 - Jan 8 by Discodroids

Thing is though, Disco, is it really his fault??

He's been fit and available (unlike Armand) but no manager wants to play him. This in spite of him showing in certain games that he does have it within him to be a strong CM at Premiership level, albeit based on limited evidence.

From what I've heard it sounds like the stories about his mental health may be true. In which case, I'd hardly blame him too.

But certainly this season, he has repeatedly said he wants to play and he'd play anywhere. It's not his fault we gave him that salary and our managers/coaches won't pick him.

And then there is the fact he is great entertainment to watch! Who doesn't enjoy a crunching tackle on an oppo player? Who doesn't relish the fear in their eyes as a slightly unhinged Malian steams towards them readying himself for an almighty lunge? C'mon, man! Football is a pretty boring sport nowadays. He brings some excitement. Get aboard the Samba bus!! Next stop...Red Card Land!!
Team for Tomorrow on 13:46 - Jan 8 with 3111 viewsDiscodroids

Team for Tomorrow on 13:40 - Jan 8 by SimonJames

Obviously I'd have Armand first down on my list, followed in quick succession by Samba and Karl.
...oh hang on a minute, is that a different list?

I i mean really Si , what is going on with Traore. It really is galling and a vexation to my spirit that this entity continues to draw a wage from my club.

he'd have made an excellent side kick for the Krays, running long firms and parking scams at heathrow in the 60's.

Im actually going to take the day of work and celebrate like its 1999 when he finally walks out if the door. if ever.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 13:59]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Team for Tomorrow on 13:46 - Jan 8 with 3113 viewsjamois

Fresh from terraforming his own biosphere on Mercury, coz that's where a hot-blooded tackler like him would go, Samba HAS to start. PLEASE.

My team would be, assuming 4-2-3-1

Smithies
Perch Angella Hill LB - anyone but Konch if they're fit

Samba Luongo

Mackie Chery Gladwin

Poulter

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Team for Tomorrow on 13:54 - Jan 8 with 3085 viewsDiscodroids

Team for Tomorrow on 13:42 - Jan 8 by Hunterhoop

Thing is though, Disco, is it really his fault??

He's been fit and available (unlike Armand) but no manager wants to play him. This in spite of him showing in certain games that he does have it within him to be a strong CM at Premiership level, albeit based on limited evidence.

From what I've heard it sounds like the stories about his mental health may be true. In which case, I'd hardly blame him too.

But certainly this season, he has repeatedly said he wants to play and he'd play anywhere. It's not his fault we gave him that salary and our managers/coaches won't pick him.

And then there is the fact he is great entertainment to watch! Who doesn't enjoy a crunching tackle on an oppo player? Who doesn't relish the fear in their eyes as a slightly unhinged Malian steams towards them readying himself for an almighty lunge? C'mon, man! Football is a pretty boring sport nowadays. He brings some excitement. Get aboard the Samba bus!! Next stop...Red Card Land!!

I understand where your coming from he's certainly cut some generous slack on here by some.

The Club does have a duty of care to him, to an extent as his employer , but he does seem mentally well enough to leave his abode and partake of life in all its mannifestations. i.e shopping, restaurants, holidays, etc etc , Which would indicate to me that he is mentally coping, which as a bi polar gadge mysel, f is wonderful and good luck to him.

The thing is Hunter, he's had opportunities s at other clubs on loan and been sent packing quicker than an Emily Thornberry extra large donner.

Sorry my old friend , but i cant wait till he is shown the door, which surely to god must be soon.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 13:59]

Team for Tomorrow on 13:57 - Jan 8 with 3069 viewsDiscodroids

Team for Tomorrow on 13:46 - Jan 8 by jamois

Fresh from terraforming his own biosphere on Mercury, coz that's where a hot-blooded tackler like him would go, Samba HAS to start. PLEASE.

My team would be, assuming 4-2-3-1

Smithies
Perch Angella Hill LB - anyone but Konch if they're fit

Samba Luongo

Mackie Chery Gladwin

Poulter

Damn all you samba lovers to hell!!!!!!

this gif made me jump
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 14:02]

Team for Tomorrow on 13:58 - Jan 8 with 3067 viewsaston_hoop

Team for Tomorrow on 13:57 - Jan 8 by Discodroids

Damn all you samba lovers to hell!!!!!!

this gif made me jump
[Post edited 8 Jan 2016 14:02]

Don't worry, you won't have to put up with him for long tomorrow!

Team for Tomorrow on 13:59 - Jan 8 with 3059 viewsRangersw12

I would play

Smithies

Henry Ned Hall Yun

Gladwin Diakite Luongo Phillips

Polter Jet
Team for Tomorrow on 14:01 - Jan 8 with 3043 viewsDiscodroids

Team for Tomorrow on 13:58 - Jan 8 by aston_hoop

Don't worry, you won't have to put up with him for long tomorrow!

he'll probably score a hatrick tomorrow now ive had a rant!,

Team for Tomorrow on 14:06 - Jan 8 with 3019 viewsaston_hoop

Team for Tomorrow on 14:01 - Jan 8 by Discodroids

he'll probably score a hatrick tomorrow now ive had a rant!,

If he scores a hat-trick tomorrow, I'll buy everybody on this board a nice cold bottle of Samba*

*I wont.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024