Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - where do you live? 21:35 - May 9 with 24045 viewsNW10Hoop

As seems to be case with many Londoners, me and my wife are starting to think of of moving a bit further out of town now that we have a kid. Usual reasons - decent schools, bit more green, hopefully a bigger gaff that's more affordable, know your neighbours etc.

There isn't a box to tick on rightmove that selects QPR territory, or at least near enough to Loftus rd to get there easily enough. Did any of you start in W12 and move outwards? Or did you grow up in QPR territory further out? What are the traditional QPR territories?

I know it's not the most important thing when looking at a possible new place to live, but thought it was worth an ask
[Post edited 9 May 2016 21:38]
Non QPR - where do you live? on 18:24 - May 11 with 2669 viewskarl

Born in Orkney, moved to Edinburgh very young and then grew up in the Isle of Man (We were a lighthouse family). I had to go to school with the only QPR fan of course!
Moved back to Orkney 25 years ago and wouldn't go anywhere else, it won't suit many as living on an island is different, each game of football takes planning and costs me about £250 minimum, you have to treat these trips as mini holidays.
There is an infrequent poster on here who moved up a little while ago, i would be interested as to how he is getting on living here
Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:09 - May 11 with 2548 viewsPBLOCK

Born in Dagenham although family were White City originally moved to Harrow at 2 months old lived there until I was 6 then moved to the Essex Riviera -Southend. Me and my brother were two of 3 QPR fans in a school of about 800 odd this was mid 90s when we regularly smacked other teams. Moved to London in my early twenties Leytonstone / Charlton then back to Leytonstone. Met my Mrs now back in Essex in Leigh on Sea see a few fans on the train on a Saturday and a fella in my local is a big R's fan but not many although both the kids have their shirts (2 and nearly 1) much to my wife's delight.

Good place to live good schools big park at the top of road and 10 minutes to the seafront lots of bars etc so all good.

My childhood ambition of living on Batman close may sadly elude me
Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:25 - May 11 with 2514 viewsBathRanger

Grew up in Epsom, but despite a couple of other posters saying it's lovely, I'd hate to go back and live there.
University in Exeter for 5 years (Exeter second favourite team as a result)
Subsequently lived in Woking...
...then Galway, Ireland...
...and then Bath (surprise, surprise). Lived here for many years, all my children have grown up here and we're very settled and can't see us ever moving away. Journey to LR not too bad (about 2 hours).
Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:29 - May 11 with 2508 viewsWestonsuperR

Born and breed in Weston-Super-Mare and still there.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:51 - May 11 with 2476 viewskarl

Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:29 - May 11 by WestonsuperR

Born and breed in Weston-Super-Mare and still there.

Can't beat a bit of breeding, sounds like Weston's the winner to me!
Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:12 - May 11 with 2451 viewskomradkirk

Ballyclare Co.Antrim

Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:28 - May 11 with 2435 viewsWilloW4

Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:12 - May 11 by komradkirk

Ballyclare Co.Antrim

My grans home.👍... She was QPR because she loved her grandkids.. Had a rosette in her kitchen with QPR on it... Her man Utd supporting neighbours thought she was 'strange so..' .. She wasn't, she was brilliant.!!
Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:38 - May 11 with 2382 viewssotonsuperhoop

Family lived Chiswick & Acton until mid 60s then we moved to Kent, leaving me Nan, Great Aunt and 2 Uncles up there until they died off, last one 20 years ago!

No Rangers in the Garden of England and was the brunt of most football related jokes at school

In my late teens moved to Newington Green as I worked in the City and then to Highgate Village (still no Rangers!) in my 20s, Then back south to Sundridge Park (Bromley) where there were a good handfull of R's and played snooker with a certain Mr T Fenwick in Bromley snooker club on a couple of occasions!

Went out with a girl whose cousin was an R and we went to most games 1985 through to mid 90s when I dumped her and slowly lost touch with her cousin!

Got married and moved out to West Malling and then work brought me down to Southampton. A good few Rangers in and around the area, including Marchwood, Totton
Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:49 - May 11 with 2367 viewsHantsR

Born in Kingston but lived in various places Bromley, Forest hill, Walthamstow, Anerley before buying 1st house in Sunbury. Was dismayed to find myself living next to a PC but he and his son were Rs avids and we all travelled to home matches together. Now enjoying life twixt Winchester and Southampton and I can get to LR in about 90 mins so home by 630 after a 3pm k.o.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:51 - May 11 with 2359 viewsWilloW4

Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:09 - May 11 by PBLOCK

Born in Dagenham although family were White City originally moved to Harrow at 2 months old lived there until I was 6 then moved to the Essex Riviera -Southend. Me and my brother were two of 3 QPR fans in a school of about 800 odd this was mid 90s when we regularly smacked other teams. Moved to London in my early twenties Leytonstone / Charlton then back to Leytonstone. Met my Mrs now back in Essex in Leigh on Sea see a few fans on the train on a Saturday and a fella in my local is a big R's fan but not many although both the kids have their shirts (2 and nearly 1) much to my wife's delight.

Good place to live good schools big park at the top of road and 10 minutes to the seafront lots of bars etc so all good.

My childhood ambition of living on Batman close may sadly elude me

" my childhood ambition of living on batman close may sadly elude me"......Trust me PBLOCK... I lived there for awhile, it wasn't great, good, average,shit... I got out double quick..I still walk past it on match days and give it a wry wink n smile.😩.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 07:56 - May 12 with 2297 viewsbeanofire1

Better late than never........I was born in Hillingdon hospital, lived in Sipson by Heathrow airport for 36 years and moved out to Langley, like daveb! Quite a few Rangers in this area. Easy to commute to LR.....or it would be if I didn't spend so many bloody weekends in various parts of Germany!

'I knw I ain't doing much........but doing nothing means a lot to me.'

Non QPR - where do you live? on 09:59 - May 12 with 2232 viewsfrancisbowles

Have lived in Bisley in Surrey for 23 years and raised my daughters here. Bisley is famous for shooting and hosted the 1948 Olympics and more recent 'Manchester' Commonwealth Games but was too far from London in 2012? Good train service into Waterloo but I/we drive to HQ which takes 40 mins on a very good day.

Was born in Hammersmith Hospital (Ducane Road) and lived in the bush until I was six. My parents then had a choice of a council flat on Blomfontein Road with a view of the pitch or buying their own house in leafy Hounslow West in Middlesex. So having moved out of London within a couple of years found themselves back in it again as Greater London was founded. I lived there until I was 21.

In between I have lived in Harlington, Heston, Colnbrook, Farnham Royal, Cippenham, Langley all for short spells and Maidenhead for about 8 years.

There are one or two other season ticket holders around here and a few casuals. We are looking to move nearer to the South coast M3 A3 corridor next year as I am now 'semi retired' but will be keeping our seats at the place I have been going to since 1970.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 11:50 - May 12 with 2194 viewsisawqpratwcity

Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:23 - May 11 by izlingtonhoop

Which R Marsh is that?

The one who played for Rangers (a Hackney boy) was born in Hatfield to avoid the Blitz.

(Wikipedia citing his autobiography)

I stand corrected.

(Not the first time I've made that boast on LFW either.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Non QPR - where do you live? on 12:11 - May 12 with 2167 viewsBucks_Ranger

Born Dublin, EIre.
Moved to Harlseden NW10, and then to Ealing/West Ealing/Ealing again.
After first child was born I moved to Chesham Bois in Bucks - beautiful area, and on the end of the Met-line.

Surprisingly, many rangers out here
Non QPR - where do you live? on 12:27 - May 12 with 2148 viewsizlingtonhoop

Non QPR - where do you live? on 11:50 - May 12 by isawqpratwcity

I stand corrected.

(Not the first time I've made that boast on LFW either.)

I had to look it up. But I knew he was a Stokey lad from reading the autobiography myself - albeit a good while ago.

I thought you might've misread Homerton as Hammersmith. Turned out to be Hatfield. So he's a Herts boy by birth alone, like myself - as I was born 'at the end of the runway' at Stansted airport, known at the time as Herts and Essex Maternity Hospital, Bishop's Stortford.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 12:29 - May 12 with 2145 viewsHook

Born in Paddington W9,
Went to Queen's Park School, Droop Street
moved around local area then up to Finchley N3.
Sold up last year & moved to Derbyshire village, wish we had done it years ago.
2 hours to St Pancras from Derby.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 12:39 - May 12 with 2125 viewsDaiHo0p

Born in the Celtic Manor, Newport (was a mat hospital back in the day)

Brought up in the Village of Llanbradach (the Brad) in the Rhymney Valley, South Wales.

Moved to London and Leeds for University late 80s/early 90s. Back to Wales 95.

Now in Cardiff, 500m from Cardiff City Stadium.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 12:44 - May 12 with 2115 viewsrajman

Non QPR - where do you live? on 07:56 - May 12 by beanofire1

Better late than never........I was born in Hillingdon hospital, lived in Sipson by Heathrow airport for 36 years and moved out to Langley, like daveb! Quite a few Rangers in this area. Easy to commute to LR.....or it would be if I didn't spend so many bloody weekends in various parts of Germany!

Also born at Hillingdon Hospital, live in West Drayton which is right next to Heathrow, Iver and Langley. Always looking to move but being so close to the rail line into London / Reading works for both my wife and Me.
Hopefully will move out of West Drayton in the next couple of years. Currently work in Bracknell so would like to come out this way...maybe Wokingham.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 14:54 - May 12 with 2023 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Born Perivale, lived in Greenford. Since then its been, how can I put it, moving...

Roehampton, East Sheen, Wimbledon, Perth (West Aussie), Greenford, Brighton, Birmingham, Manchester, Liverpool, Greenford, Pimlico, Atlanta, Greenford, Manchester, Phnom Penh, Manila, Greenford, Manila, Carcassonne, Battersea. (I hasten to add, within Manchester were several moves and a few in the other places as well).

I suspect the odds of this being it, are 5,001-1!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024