Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - where do you live? 21:35 - May 9 with 24047 viewsNW10Hoop

As seems to be case with many Londoners, me and my wife are starting to think of of moving a bit further out of town now that we have a kid. Usual reasons - decent schools, bit more green, hopefully a bigger gaff that's more affordable, know your neighbours etc.

There isn't a box to tick on rightmove that selects QPR territory, or at least near enough to Loftus rd to get there easily enough. Did any of you start in W12 and move outwards? Or did you grow up in QPR territory further out? What are the traditional QPR territories?

I know it's not the most important thing when looking at a possible new place to live, but thought it was worth an ask
[Post edited 9 May 2016 21:38]
Non QPR - where do you live? on 20:19 - May 10 with 3176 viewsBlackCrowe

Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:37 - May 10 by CroydonCaptJack

Oxshott! Very nice mate apart from the neighbours eh (mainly Chelsea players)

Not the same place any more mate. I walked the dog round my old paper-round the other week in a fit of nostalgia - all the old houses have been ripped down and replaced footballers wives type montrosites with concrete lions etc guarding the electric gates. Horrendous. Even the brilliant old village pub has now closed to be replaced by a Raymond Blanc fckng brasserie. It did use to lovely though.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:11 - May 10 with 3116 viewsChinajohn

Born in Tottenhoe (close to Dunstable). Lived in China for 7 years - hence the name. Now living in Newton Aycliffe (near Darlington) at weekends, Stalybridge Monday to Thursday for work. Met one 'R' in Bishop Auckland but two in the White Stag (Wanchai - Hong Kong) three weeks ago.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 21:22 - May 10 with 3098 viewsMaggsinho

Was born in Kent but moved to East Acton when two months old, just off Old Oak Road, you could see the glow of the floodlights from our house, more than once my dad only realised there was an evening game on when he saw them.

Live in Crouch End, perfect to bring up a family around here, you see the occasional Rangers fan here too amidst the sea of Arsenal and Spurs.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:25 - May 10 with 3038 viewsPunteR

Non QPR - where do you live? on 00:45 - May 10 by stowmarketrange

Born in Battersea,but rehoused when our whole street was flattened to make for high rise blocks.Moved to Roehampton in 68 and spent 16 years there.An easy 72 bus ride away from Loftus Road.And in the middle of Richmond Park,Wimbledon Common and Barnes Common.What a great place for an active kid to grow up.

Yeah ,great place to grow up. Richmond park is still one of my favorite places to visit.
The 33 bus was my main ride around.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:00 - May 10 with 2991 viewsPunteR

Non QPR - where do you live? on 13:15 - May 10 by R_from_afar

Another Bracknell resident over here, so that makes three of us

I was born and bred in Aylesbury but escaped. I lived happily up in the Warwick/Leamington Spa area until the company I was working for imploded and I had to go where the work was. Luckily, me and Mrs From Afar both got ideal jobs down in Berkshire very soon after I left my old company.

Martin's Heron is particularly good because it is close to forest and has lots of parks plus it has a railway station on the London to Reading line. It's also only 27 miles to Loftus Rd.

RFA

If im getting the train up its from Bracknell station, where i can have a swift pint in The Goose over the road . I can sometimes get a quick pint on the way home as well.:) I usually take my lad ,who comes to most games with me now, to The Point on the walk back home for a few games of pool and sometimes end up in Peacock farm if the weathers good ,which is the nearest pub near me and meet up with mates or my missus with the rest of the Punter clan..

If you or Loftboy ever want to hook up to go to a game let me know.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:26 - May 10 with 2981 viewszicoshoops

Paddington boy................then
Pimlico
South Kensington
Latimer Road
Heath and Reach....Bedfordshire.
Stavanger.....Norway......God's Country
North Yorkshire.
Chelsea......Er.....
Sharjah.........Total shite hole.
County Antrim........What about yer?.....great craic.
Ealing
Chelsea....Er, again.....
Brentford.

Don't know what's going on, do you?

Should we be told?

Who's going to sort it out?

P.S.
Piss on all Vermin politicians.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:28 - May 10 with 2977 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Non QPR - where do you live? on 20:19 - May 10 by BlackCrowe

Not the same place any more mate. I walked the dog round my old paper-round the other week in a fit of nostalgia - all the old houses have been ripped down and replaced footballers wives type montrosites with concrete lions etc guarding the electric gates. Horrendous. Even the brilliant old village pub has now closed to be replaced by a Raymond Blanc fckng brasserie. It did use to lovely though.

That is sad to hear mate. I used to work in West Byfleet so I would often come home via Oxshott and it seemed lovely then.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:48 - May 10 with 2939 viewsGaz56

Popped out in Queen Charlottes lived in Kensal Road then Wembley. Spent time abroad mainly Jeddah Saudi Arabia now just outside Reading. Plenty of Hoops here and usually share the driving with others also from Hammersmith area.
Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:52 - May 10 with 2934 viewsderbyhoop

Born in Chiswick. Grew up in North Acton, opposite Old Oak Common sheds - and spitting distance from our new ground .

Met the Mrs when she worked at Charing Cross Hospital and moved to her home town of Derby in 1976.

Now residing in rural France for next 18 months.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:59 - May 10 with 2924 viewszicoshoops

Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:52 - May 10 by derbyhoop

Born in Chiswick. Grew up in North Acton, opposite Old Oak Common sheds - and spitting distance from our new ground .

Met the Mrs when she worked at Charing Cross Hospital and moved to her home town of Derby in 1976.

Now residing in rural France for next 18 months.

Kev.
If we vote out, you could be out there for ever.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 00:33 - May 11 with 2900 viewsA40Bosh

Born Du Cane Road Hospital.
First 7 years in Monks Park in Wembley
Family moved to Eastcote
Married and emigrated to South Ruislip
Loads of Rangers where we are, enough to hold a fans forum out here despite Clive's reservations

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Non QPR - where do you live? on 09:58 - May 11 with 2783 viewsMonkey_Roots

Born and raised in Uxbridge (went to primary school with PP), then moved to Langley when I was 14.

Now live in Crowthorne with my missus and 2 kids - love it here (really green, loads of forest, nice little village), just up the road from CamberleyR I think.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:07 - May 11 with 2773 viewsCamberleyR

Non QPR - where do you live? on 09:58 - May 11 by Monkey_Roots

Born and raised in Uxbridge (went to primary school with PP), then moved to Langley when I was 14.

Now live in Crowthorne with my missus and 2 kids - love it here (really green, loads of forest, nice little village), just up the road from CamberleyR I think.

Live in Farnborough these days mate but still not too far away. From this thread here seems to be a few of us who post on here who live within a small radius of each other.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:57 - May 11 with 2733 viewspaulparker

TBF Monkey we did have a decent school football team

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:59 - May 11 with 2726 viewsisawqpratwcity

Born Hammersmith General (like R. Marsh, Esq.)
Lived in Henry Dickens Court W11 (1 km to Loftus Road as the crow flies).
Auckland NZ.
Wagga Wagga, Coonawarra, Hunter Valley, Nangiloc and Colignan (adjacent towns that are palindromic) and Mudgee, currently Red Cliffs in Oz.

The Antipodes have a lot going for them.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Non QPR - where do you live? on 13:33 - May 11 with 2636 viewsMonkey_Roots

Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:57 - May 11 by paulparker

TBF Monkey we did have a decent school football team

Yeah we did PP — I was utter shite though, always have been at football.

A good trier I think you'd call me. Years later I took over player/managing a Sunday league side in Slough, full of total asbo nut jobs - head butting the ref, never paying their money, fighting each other, smoking dope at half time... hilariously it didn't last long, with officials attending our every match looking for a white kid who called himself amit to avoid getting in trouble for nutting the ref, but it was also a shame as it kept me in shape at the time.

I went on to a school in Ickenham after our primary school and played Rugby, developing quite a natural flair for tackling and ironing out their fly half coming out from my open side flanker position in the scrum. I didn't grow anymore beyond 5"8, and so when I made the step up to play for Ruislip, I was battered and eventually bruised into submission. Bloody short-arse genes.

Oh and seeing as you weren't asking about my sporting prowess — another career of mine brutally cut short was boxing., I was/am a boxing fanatic, so I tried my hand at boxing with Eddie Hilton on the RAF camp in Uxbridge when I was about 16 — I loved it, and went to a few sessions, hitting the bags and shadow boxing etc. Eddie asked me what hand I was, and I told him I could hit with both my hands - like I was some explosive switch hitting Tommy Hearns - he then asked me which hand i wrote with, and then declared me an orthodox. I was very disappointed. Then one day I turned up and there was this kid of about 9 working out in the ring, and he was amazing, like terrifying — making all the right nose noises, fast, aggressive and looked like he could bloody hurt you... I thought, 'oh well thats me f*cked then' and just walked away citing my exams as a reason why I couldn't fulfill my dream of becoming a contender Charlie. Frightened off by a 9 year old.

Thats my athletic career dealt with anyway, carry on.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 16:56 - May 11 with 2527 viewsWilloW4

Another born at Queen Charlottes, dragged up in W.12, W.6 , schools all over west london( anywhere that'll have me).. It seemed simpler then, you were QPR or... Chelski.! 10 years in New Zealand, back in west London ... In an ideal world I'll leave the big smoke in the next 12 months.. A harbour town down south somewhere will do for me...now where's those winning lottery numbers.?
Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:19 - May 11 with 2488 viewsDougal_RBlock

Born and bred in Hillingdon.....

But now representing the R's in Lisburn, Northern Ireland.

Funny enough theres at least 4 R's that I know of in Lisburn!
Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:23 - May 11 with 2485 viewsDougal_RBlock

Non QPR - where do you live? on 09:35 - May 10 by paulparker

Born in Hillingdon, Lived in Uxbridge, Harefield , Ruislip , Ickenham , my mum and stepdad ran the Plough and Orchard pubs in Ruislip during the mid and late 90's
got my first flat in Perivale in 98 ( loved it , it was only a couple of stops from HQ and ealing broadway )
sold that when I met my first wife and bought a huge gaff in Northampton , divorced her after a year, met the current Mrs P and just recently got a place in Stony Stratford in MK

The Plough!!!!!!!!!

Worked in there for a few years.......... from 2006 ish tho.

Used to be a great little pub until it got closed down :-(
Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:23 - May 11 with 2485 viewsizlingtonhoop

Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:59 - May 11 by isawqpratwcity

Born Hammersmith General (like R. Marsh, Esq.)
Lived in Henry Dickens Court W11 (1 km to Loftus Road as the crow flies).
Auckland NZ.
Wagga Wagga, Coonawarra, Hunter Valley, Nangiloc and Colignan (adjacent towns that are palindromic) and Mudgee, currently Red Cliffs in Oz.

The Antipodes have a lot going for them.

Which R Marsh is that?

The one who played for Rangers (a Hackney boy) was born in Hatfield to avoid the Blitz.

(Wikipedia citing his autobiography)
Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:52 - May 11 with 2449 viewsBoston

One of my brothers used to live in Crowthorne. He had a good mate in the village who is a regular at Loftus Rd, Colin Dillon, ever bumped into him?
[Post edited 11 May 2016 17:54]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:54 - May 11 with 2440 viewsjohncharles

Born in Anglesey, North Wales. Moved to London about 1970 and lived all over starting in Cambridge Gardens, W10. Fell in love with QPR in 1973. How's that for good timing ? 1976 just blew me away.
Lived in Gunnersbury, Chiswick and Ealing until I retired a little while ago and sold my bijou terraced 2up 2down for quite a bit more I paid for it 30 years ago . Bought a somewhat larger house up here in Carnoustie I love it here. It's great to walk the street and pop into the pub without meeting someone an attitude.
Still got my ST. It's only 7 hours door to door on the train.
Spent most of my life in West London supporting the R's

Strong and stable my arse.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:59 - May 11 with 2429 viewsPunteR

I go to Big Al's barbers in Crowthorne . So does Gary Waddock.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 18:09 - May 11 with 2421 viewsR_from_afar

Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:00 - May 10 by PunteR

If im getting the train up its from Bracknell station, where i can have a swift pint in The Goose over the road . I can sometimes get a quick pint on the way home as well.:) I usually take my lad ,who comes to most games with me now, to The Point on the walk back home for a few games of pool and sometimes end up in Peacock farm if the weathers good ,which is the nearest pub near me and meet up with mates or my missus with the rest of the Punter clan..

If you or Loftboy ever want to hook up to go to a game let me know.

Cheers for that, very decent of you sir

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Non QPR - where do you live? on 18:24 - May 11 with 2403 viewsloftboy

Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:52 - May 11 by Boston

One of my brothers used to live in Crowthorne. He had a good mate in the village who is a regular at Loftus Rd, Colin Dillon, ever bumped into him?
[Post edited 11 May 2016 17:54]

I know Colin, he once got lumped on a tube train by a Chelsea fan at Richmond, he nearly broke my ankle in a 50-50 tackle when he played for fc Bracknell A team and I played for the B side.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024