Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - where do you live? 21:35 - May 9 with 24055 viewsNW10Hoop

As seems to be case with many Londoners, me and my wife are starting to think of of moving a bit further out of town now that we have a kid. Usual reasons - decent schools, bit more green, hopefully a bigger gaff that's more affordable, know your neighbours etc.

There isn't a box to tick on rightmove that selects QPR territory, or at least near enough to Loftus rd to get there easily enough. Did any of you start in W12 and move outwards? Or did you grow up in QPR territory further out? What are the traditional QPR territories?

I know it's not the most important thing when looking at a possible new place to live, but thought it was worth an ask
[Post edited 9 May 2016 21:38]
Non QPR - where do you live? on 07:31 - May 10 with 3629 viewsNW10Hoop

Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:54 - May 9 by Boston

What's wrong with NW10 then, remember I only have an hour?

Ha! I seem to remember that you're fairly local so apologies if if I've offended. There's lots to like abut NW10, certainly until we had our kid a year ago we were both very happy here - it's amazing for getting to work, town, the A40, M1 and Loftus rd!. We're in fairly grim, grey corner of NW10 though and the majority of our neighbours seem to be 8 men to a house, moving in and out every 4 or 5 months, we both have to work full time and send our kid to nursery (he's 1) to make things work round here so we're paying loads, handing our kid off and not really loving our part of town

I suppose I just want my kid to have what I had - I used to be able to play football on the street with my friends on my road and stuff like that.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 07:31 - May 10 with 3629 viewsDorse

Born in Queen Charlottes and lived in Hounslow before the family moved out to Swindon. Been moving further West ever since and now live just outside Shaftesbury. On the rare occasions I get the chance to come back to HQ, it's a two and half hour train ride to Waterloo. Funnily enough, I do meet the odd R amongst the Oo-ar.
[Post edited 10 May 2016 7:33]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Non QPR - where do you live? on 07:54 - May 10 with 3598 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:39 - May 9 by ted_hendrix

Born in Queen Charlotte’s hospital Hammersmith, grew up in various areas from Highlever Road to Richmond.
Joined the Army in 1966 fcked off out of the Army in 1970 moved to Basingstoke met er indoors so got married.
Bought a detached house in 1980 in a beautiful village in West Berkshire where we've been ever since and I wouldn't swop it for anything.
Raised two cracking lads (both forcibly Rangers) one now living in Kent and one living further West than me in Lambourne.
There are still a few Rangers in and around Newbury although I don't hardly see them any more, I used to be the driver for away games.
I found the travel to home games along with the shyte on the pitch and mis-management of the club over the last few Years a 'bridge too far' hence why I don't go to the Rangers any-more, It's a shame but that's how it is.

Hopefully you'll be back soon, Ted.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Non QPR - where do you live? on 08:10 - May 10 with 3577 viewsLancashirehoop

Born Ashton-under-lyne SE Manchester 1958. moved to Fleetwood (Cod Army !) 1966, saw QPR article in a magazine circa 1967 and was hooked. It's true, your team chooses you.
Now live in Bispham, known as 'the village' but now very much a suburb of Blackpool.
Blackpool FC is totally toxic and the pits at the moment.
I support Fleetwood (second) as my 'hometown' team. No real feelings for Blackpool, given the grief I got when we were in a mess, some of them wishing us out of existence.
I've seen Rodney, Stan, Sir Les et all.
Be grateful for what we've had, what we have and what we hope to get. UR's !!!!

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we're not all against you.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 08:43 - May 10 with 3552 viewsJeff

Born in Basingstoke, one of only a couple of R's in a sea of Reading and Man Utd Fans.

Moved to London a decade ago, did the Clapham houseshare thing that all young London first timer's do, then moved to Earlsfield about 5 years ago, there's a couple of R's around here.

Moving to Thornton Heath or Carshalton in the next couple of months as trying to buy a house and Earlsfield has been gentrified beyond all recognition - the house that i'm currently renting has gone from about £400k to £1m in the 5 years i've lived in it!

Can we not knock it?

Non QPR - where do you live? on 08:47 - May 10 with 3541 viewsDiscodroids

The well worn road to Damascus of the lowland East Ender .

Born in beautiful downtown East Ham left at 20 for a shuttle run between Ilford/Gants hill/Newbury Park during the early to mid 90's and then a move to Romford, following my First divorce to the Hindu Babs Windsor. Never met a single QPR Fan there!.

Following my 2nd divorce to the lead singer of placebo, ( A right Derek Batey Mr and Mrs Job that was )I was left with about £2.50 and a tooth pick so i had to downgrade to a one bed flat.. so i bought one in Brentwood in the early 2000's when Brentwood was real wicker man country... the Carcinogenic ' Towie' culture was ten years off ...The locals still collecting foreskins for their sore throats and chewing umbilical cord instead of Pepperami. So true to form i met At last 1o QPR fans In Brentwood. one of whom was the landlord of a boozer down the high street(The litten tree) .Some grand nights in there for sure.

Unfortunately I soon discovered that Brentwood, as well as being 90% west ham , has more Coca plant alkaloid producers than Bogota so i couldnt have moved to a worse place following my ripped-to-the-tits city days. Luckily met Mrs Disco the 3rd who thought it might be a good idea if we moved out from the area. So both sold up and bought a nice gaff in North Chingford 5 years ago, Where i didnt know a single soul..

Never met a QPR Fan here... all spurs then arsenal and a sprinkling of west ham.One or two arthur fowler allotment types that follow Orient.

Love it here,keep myself to myself like im in witness protection..lovely open spaces but i give myself another 2 years in the probation service before i go all Ron L hubbard And start measuring the electrical currents of Kumquats. So A move to leigh on sea (we've started scoping it out already) is on the cards , where i will happily drive a tesco delivery van a few days a week .

This poor old man deserves a rest by the sea .
[Post edited 10 May 2016 8:59]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Non QPR - where do you live? on 08:47 - May 10 with 3538 viewsYorkRanger

Born in Tooting South London. Lived in South Croydon for about 6 years when we bought our first flat and then house. Moved to Yorkshire in 1993 and have lived in a village close to the North York Moors since then. Absolutely fantastic place to live and bring up children, however a long way from Loftus Rd....
Non QPR - where do you live? on 09:03 - May 10 with 3487 viewsstonebridgers

Born in Park Royal and lived in various NW10 hotspots, Harlesden, Willesden and Stonebridge before moving out to Sunny Dunstable when we got married 10 years ago. The upside of living in Dunstable the prices of the houses and you have fresh air and countryside on your doorstep and Kerry Dixon lives close by. This might not sound like a positive but if I am having a crap day and I see him I cant help but remember his penalty against us and it brings a smile to my face. There are a few Rangers fans in and around the area but its mainly Luton which is obvious given the location.

Stonebridgers

Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - where do you live? on 09:13 - May 10 with 3471 viewsMonahoop

Born and raised in Horsham, West Sussex. Was the only QPR fan at school, both primary and at secondary. Not sure if there are many R's there, but I believe there is an occasional poster on this site from the town. My mum still lives in the town and when I visit, usually 2 or 3 times a year and I walk around the place and it's full of of Chelsea band wagoners, though there were lots of Chelsea oiks there when I was at school. A part from that mud it's not a bad town still.
Lived in Epsom, Kingston and New Malden in the 80's and 90's. Moved to Ireland in 2002. Now live in a rural spot outside Monaghan town, close to the border. There appear to be more R's followers here than in Horsham! We often meet up and I work with one of them. Weird that!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 09:35 - May 10 with 3425 viewspaulparker

Born in Hillingdon, Lived in Uxbridge, Harefield , Ruislip , Ickenham , my mum and stepdad ran the Plough and Orchard pubs in Ruislip during the mid and late 90's
got my first flat in Perivale in 98 ( loved it , it was only a couple of stops from HQ and ealing broadway )
sold that when I met my first wife and bought a huge gaff in Northampton , divorced her after a year, met the current Mrs P and just recently got a place in Stony Stratford in MK

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Non QPR - where do you live? on 09:43 - May 10 with 3410 viewsTheBlob

Born in St.Thomas' Hospital and lived in Scum territory for a bit (Battersea)where if you paid the rent three weeks in a row The Filth would come rahnd to see where you got the money from.That poxy old flat is worth £1.8m now..Dad was R's,fugitive from Willesden,born in a pub during a zeppelin raid.
Moved out to St.Paul's Cray,Orpington because of the smogs,only R's in a sea of Charlton,Millwall and Palarse.
St.Paul's Cray full of gangs,Richardson,Nash,Webbs.Dad sort of fell in with the Krays and we had aforementioned Filth parked outside for a bit giving the place an impromptu photo shoot.
The place went downhill(we lived on a hill)parents both died and I was left with looking after my disabled bruv Jim.Tried to get adopted by Britney Spears since I was now an orphan but she never replied to the tear-stained letters.One night there was a pitched battle outside involving swords,baseball bats,geezers hanging out of motors with shattered windows tearing up and down,vast munters with babies attached screaming orders,sirens...... we looked at each other and said "what's wrong with this picture?"Put the house up for sale next day.
Ended up in Devil's Bridge,Ceredigion.Old house with an attached barn,only 3 acres,been doing it up the last 12 years.Clean air,clean water,friendly locals.Rumours of a couple of R's in Aberystwyth*.
Currently managing The Blob Roof Fund.
Send us a tenner.

*Scotty comes to visit this weekend,and you don't get more QPR than her.
[Post edited 10 May 2016 9:49]

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Non QPR - where do you live? on 09:53 - May 10 with 3388 viewsdaveB

Non QPR - where do you live? on 00:20 - May 10 by Neil_SI

I was also born in Queen Charlotte's Hospital and lived on Goodwin Road in Shepherds Bush, which is the street The Crown & Sceptre are on.

Now live in N10 in Muswell Hill, where I've bought a flat. I occasionally see one or two Rs fans around here, which is nice, though not many. Muswell Hill is a lovely area, generally with friendly familiar faces, friendly neighbours and a bit more green than some. But it's expensive and has recently been the fastest rising area in the country for house prices.

I'm another born in Queen Charlottes hospital, lived in Emlyn gardens and could see the floodlights of LR from my bedroom window
Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:12 - May 10 with 3354 viewsterryb

Born in Chesham & moved to Ipswich in'74.

If you move out but will still be working in London, then our traditional "hotbeds", from memory, are The Chilterns, Slough & Bracknell.

A lot further away in Suffolk, you will find rather a surprising amount of R's. At least it surprises me! A lot cheaper housing, but if you would be reliant on Greater Anglia, that would be a major drawback. Not to bad for road connections, but the A12 can be a little pedestrian!

I think you need a personal reason to move up here though!
Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:12 - May 10 with 3354 viewswestberksr

Non QPR - where do you live? on 09:35 - May 10 by paulparker

Born in Hillingdon, Lived in Uxbridge, Harefield , Ruislip , Ickenham , my mum and stepdad ran the Plough and Orchard pubs in Ruislip during the mid and late 90's
got my first flat in Perivale in 98 ( loved it , it was only a couple of stops from HQ and ealing broadway )
sold that when I met my first wife and bought a huge gaff in Northampton , divorced her after a year, met the current Mrs P and just recently got a place in Stony Stratford in MK

a mate of mine lives in SS. not short of a pub or 2 are you!

he's a season ticket holder in the UL and trains down for most home games; always in one of the local pubs there. I'll be up for his annual house party on the 4th June; should be a good night as when i first met him he had Frankie's Your Love intro as a ringtone, so the tunes should be good.

His girlfriends Chelscum but other than that she's great; can't have it all!
Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:17 - May 10 with 3341 viewsQPR_John

Moved from White City to Sittingbourne (not the easiest journey to LR) but now in Reading. Straight down the M4 seems easy but always leave a couple of hours before KO and have occasionally missed the start
Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:24 - May 10 with 2954 viewsNW10Hoop

Nice hearing every ones' stories!

I should fill in some of the blanks too then. I was born in Queen Charlotte's too, and grew up just off the Askew Rd (which is now known as Askew Village to the poncier among us). Spent my twenties and early thirties renting around North West London having a great old time, and then once married bought in the only affordable place left in NW London. So I'm close to all the places I loved in my life but I'll never be able to afford to live in them.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:33 - May 10 with 2927 viewsTHEBUSH

Born and bred Shepherds Bush, Caxton Road, moved to Notting Hill in pre teens, after that, Northolt then Lambeth then Isleworth and finally retired to Southern Spain, Cadiz
Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:36 - May 10 with 2923 viewsMrSheen

Born in St. Mary's Paddington, raised in Kilburn and Willesden, went to school in Ealing, married a girl from Acton. Been over the river in lovely SW14 for the last 20 years. There's a few mostly older residents here support the Rs ( and the occasional Brentford), including my first next-door neighbours, but otherwise a heavy mix of vermin and glory hunters. Fulham have thrown tickets at the local schools for decades and converted about two fans. You're more likely to see kids wearing a Borussia Dortmund shirt in the park than Fulham white or hoops.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:45 - May 10 with 2897 viewspaulparker

Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:12 - May 10 by westberksr

a mate of mine lives in SS. not short of a pub or 2 are you!

he's a season ticket holder in the UL and trains down for most home games; always in one of the local pubs there. I'll be up for his annual house party on the 4th June; should be a good night as when i first met him he had Frankie's Your Love intro as a ringtone, so the tunes should be good.

His girlfriends Chelscum but other than that she's great; can't have it all!

Yeah Plenty of Pubs here mate spoilt for choice really , great for a Saturday night pub crawl and you can stagger home
ive started going into the Plough ( it shows the 3pm games which is a bonus but seems full of chelsea)
we had to move for my step daughters school otherwise I would have stayed put in Northampton
Mrs P has started to try and make friends for me (I know, I know) as I don't know any sod this neck of the woods , a bird she works withs husband also supports QPR and he doesn't know anyone around SS either , so I think we are going on a double date lol
funny enough she is meeting one of her clients today in London he supports QPR ,
if your around and I see you Westberks i'll buy you a pint as you used to know my great uncle ossie

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Non QPR - where do you live? on 10:49 - May 10 with 2891 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Non QPR - where do you live? on 23:10 - May 9 by CamberleyR

Grew up in Camberley, (was the only QPR fan in my schools AFAIK) moved to Farnborough, Hants four years ago. Farmborough has a crap town centre but you're not far from better ones in Guildford, Reading, Camberley, Basingstoke. It does have excellent transport links though, ten minutes from the M3 and an excellent mainline train service that can get to Waterloo in 35-40 minutes. It also has a couple of other stations on the Reading - Gatwick line. You're also only about 20-25 minutes drive from lovely countryside. When I lived in Camberley and still went to games regularly it would be about an hour's drive.

House prices like in most commuter towns I expect, are rocketing. A two bed mid terrace (no garage, one parking space) on my new build estate was on the market a couple of weeks ago for £315k and has just sold although I'd say that's overpriced. Something half decent within a five mile radius from Farnborough , three/four bed detached with garage you'd be looking at something like £375-425k.

VERY similar to myself then. Grew up in Aldershot, left when I was 18 for South London (Streatham and Dulwich) and returned to the 'shot nearly 3 years ago. I still work in the City but don't miss living in London at all, as you say the transport links are excellent to pretty much the rest of the country. The property prices in Aldershot are also rocketing, we do indeed live in crazy times!
Non QPR - where do you live? on 11:17 - May 10 with 2824 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Born in Hammersmith Hospital
Lived in West Kensington, went to school in Kensington
then moved to Acton - near the Gallens
Moved to Australia 18 years ago - Melbourne
All good
Thing I miss the most would be my extended family and QPR as most of my family are now also in Australia

U R's
Non QPR - where do you live? on 11:18 - May 10 with 2822 viewsPinnerPaul

Born 4.5 miles from LR

lived South Harrow (3 years)
Northolt (22 years)
Hither Green (6 months)
Northolt again (2years)
South Harrow again (18 mths)
Eastcote ever since
Non QPR - where do you live? on 11:25 - May 10 with 2804 viewsbabygravy

Born St Mary's,Praed Street 1969. 20 odd years in W9, Dad a European immigrant in 1960 but Rangers through and through.I had no choice..Loads of Rs around that time growing up(73/74) School W9 and W14, Then 3 years Belsisize Park, 6 months Kilburn/ Criclewood and last 22 years Cirencester,Glaaaastershire. Lovely part of the world. Countryside, good pubs, most locals friendly. About 2 and half hours to HQ on NX and then 148. A few (surprising) Rs out this way.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 11:37 - May 10 with 2780 viewsMick_S

Born Park Royal, lived in Northolt until my late twenties and then on to Hayes and now in Hillingdon.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Non QPR - where do you live? on 11:40 - May 10 with 2776 viewsHooped_Pullie

Born Dublin, Ireland - lived first 25 years there & became a Ranger at an early age. Moved to London in 1988 - a shared flat in Brixton - then rented in Vauxhall, Kennington, Leyton, Balham, Neasden & West Hampstead before buying a flat in Bayswater & a Rangers season ticket in 1995.

Spent ten years there (almost)…a golden era, Holloway, promotion, relegation, mostly dire to watch but still somehow great crack to be had at LR in those days.

Then moved briefly back to West Hampstead for a year or so before moving in with the Mrs here in Oakwood, N14 where I've been ever since. Funnily enough - despite this being thick in Arse/Spud country - a fair few beshirted Rangers can be spotted heading toward the tube on home match days…I'm certainly not the only one.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024