Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR - where do you live? 21:35 - May 9 with 24046 viewsNW10Hoop

As seems to be case with many Londoners, me and my wife are starting to think of of moving a bit further out of town now that we have a kid. Usual reasons - decent schools, bit more green, hopefully a bigger gaff that's more affordable, know your neighbours etc.

There isn't a box to tick on rightmove that selects QPR territory, or at least near enough to Loftus rd to get there easily enough. Did any of you start in W12 and move outwards? Or did you grow up in QPR territory further out? What are the traditional QPR territories?

I know it's not the most important thing when looking at a possible new place to live, but thought it was worth an ask
[Post edited 9 May 2016 21:38]
Non QPR - where do you live? on 12:06 - May 10 with 3374 viewssuperstan

Non QPR - where do you live? on 11:40 - May 10 by Hooped_Pullie

Born Dublin, Ireland - lived first 25 years there & became a Ranger at an early age. Moved to London in 1988 - a shared flat in Brixton - then rented in Vauxhall, Kennington, Leyton, Balham, Neasden & West Hampstead before buying a flat in Bayswater & a Rangers season ticket in 1995.

Spent ten years there (almost)…a golden era, Holloway, promotion, relegation, mostly dire to watch but still somehow great crack to be had at LR in those days.

Then moved briefly back to West Hampstead for a year or so before moving in with the Mrs here in Oakwood, N14 where I've been ever since. Funnily enough - despite this being thick in Arse/Spud country - a fair few beshirted Rangers can be spotted heading toward the tube on home match days…I'm certainly not the only one.

Northolt first 50 years, lots of Rangers, Harefield last 8 years.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 12:30 - May 10 with 3337 viewsPommyhoop

Born in Battersea onto Hamersmith onto Chiswick onto Southall/Heston
onto Isleworth onto Harlington down to Brisbane.
Never seen another R fan in the flesh down here but I did see car with QPR 01 number plate driving about in the city once.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 12:44 - May 10 with 3302 viewsBrisbaneR

Born in Queen Charlottes (another one!), early years in Hammersmith, then down with the heathens in Fulham. Back to the green and pleasant lands of Acton in my twenties, and onto Brisbane in my thirties - if you're looking for a place to raise the kids, it's a pretty tough place to beat...the trip to HQ is a bitch though....
Pommy...we're here, and it may eventually get cold enough to get the old cotton hooped shirt on...keep 'me peeled....
Non QPR - where do you live? on 13:15 - May 10 with 3249 viewsR_from_afar

Non QPR - where do you live? on 00:16 - May 10 by loftboy

Until they moved from elm park there was only a handful of Reading fans in Bracknell, was always more qpr, changed now though, just moved back to Bracknell after 25 years in Chertsey, despite what some say i love it, lived here for 23 years previous to that (from birth)

Another Bracknell resident over here, so that makes three of us

I was born and bred in Aylesbury but escaped. I lived happily up in the Warwick/Leamington Spa area until the company I was working for imploded and I had to go where the work was. Luckily, me and Mrs From Afar both got ideal jobs down in Berkshire very soon after I left my old company.

Martin's Heron is particularly good because it is close to forest and has lots of parks plus it has a railway station on the London to Reading line. It's also only 27 miles to Loftus Rd.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Non QPR - where do you live? on 13:18 - May 10 with 3247 viewssixnil

Raised in Reigate; went to first match in 86 (Rangers 6, Scum 0) cause a mate had a spare ticket, although it was the Wembley match that got me hooked (wtf!). Now live just outside Coventry due to work.
See the odd R's fan around here and only takes an hour and a half to get to HQ from Cov station, so not too shabby.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 13:40 - May 10 with 3189 viewsSINGINGDETECTIVE

Born Stowe road the bush
then Blythe road Hammersmith
then Braemar road Brentford that was fun
then Dawley road Hayes
then Victoria road south Ruislip
now tring
Non QPR - where do you live? on 13:50 - May 10 with 3160 viewsBoston

Another Queen Charlottes production here....notice how none of us ever, EVER use it's full name? If I was moving from NW10 and wanted to live within reasonable striking distance of the old manor, I'd take a look at relocating up the railway line. Ever consider Harrow Weald, Bushey or Watford?
[Post edited 10 May 2016 13:51]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 13:56 - May 10 with 3136 viewsjohann28

Born Scunthorpe (hello Clive), but moved to civilisation (Hammersmith) when young, later moved out to Staines where I've been ever since. Good train connections to town, generally friendly, with a few local chavs which you seem to get everywhere these days, and plenty of local Rs, although a fair few Fulham & Brentford (mostly harmless); schools a mixed bag but some good ones, great walks locally.
Login to get fewer ads

Non QPR - where do you live? on 14:17 - May 10 with 3094 viewsBrightonhoop

Born in Hillingdon and lived in Uxbridge for first 23 years or so, then into central, lived around Brixton, Clapham, Balham and Abdale Road one street from Loftus Road, before returning to Uxbridge when married. So HQ was always in striking distance.
Down to Brighton when 2nd child came along, better schools, cleaner air, much more house for your money and beach. Divorced 13 years later, lived between Italy and Brighton for three years, couldn't afford Italy permanently and couldn't stand another Brit winter so headed for Spain lock stock and barrell.
Been here nearly four years now.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 14:27 - May 10 with 3072 viewsMatch82

Non QPR - where do you live? on 22:23 - May 9 by CroydonCaptJack

I'm in Purley in Surrey. Plenty of great schools and green spaces here. Gatwick is on your doorstep, the coast and countryside are also close and transport links superb into town. I have no trouble getting to QPR either on the overground.

Born and raised just down the road in Coulsdon. Big move was 9 years ago, when I moved 4000 miles away to Chicago. Recently left big city life to live out in the suburbs, so it's now a longer commute to the pub to watch QPR games...

Theres a few Rs out here, but those early kick offs mean we have to be in the pub by 6am. We make it work somehow...
Non QPR - where do you live? on 14:47 - May 10 with 3040 viewsLincoln_Hoop

Born in Lincolnshire, and lived there until my teens - then moved to London, and within a week of arriving I was taken to Loftus Road for the first time. Earlier on was mainly north east London based (Hackney, Islington, Wood Green) but then after a year being based in Bremen, I moved south of the river (big mistake) and then moved right out to Welwyn Garden City. After being made redundant, I moved to Glasgow, and after a year there, I moved out to suburban Ayrshire, which is where I still am. Miles away from Loftus Road, but I make the trip a few times a year, as well as the northern away games. Stunning scenery and great quality of life - couldn't be happier.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 15:12 - May 10 with 3000 viewsqueensparker

Sounds like I'm in a similar boat to you NW10Hoop.

Born in Roehampton hospital and grew up in Acton / Ealing (Dad was from Cleverley Estate in the Bush next to the ground so no chance of being anything but Rangers). After a few years in Northfields moved into my missus' flat in Queens Park when it was still within the range of normal people instead of French and American bankers (and when I signed up to LFW). .

A few years back we moved to a small terrace down the road in Kensal Green, I love living round here (can walk to Rangers, jump on a tube/bus 15 mins to town, still a few decent pubs, the old Irish/West Indian locals are hanging on), but with one kid and now another one on the way can't see how we can afford to stay here with the prices the way they are. Let us know where you end up might come and join you!
Non QPR - where do you live? on 15:33 - May 10 with 2960 viewsaston_hoop

My parents had already done the moving out of West London thing so I grew up in North Herts, moved about in England (Birmingham, St. Albans, Reading) but now in Palma de Mallorca. Never actually ever lived in London. Probably never will given the costs compared to other places.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Non QPR - where do you live? on 15:37 - May 10 with 2948 viewsBlackCrowe

Born in Guildford, grew up in Oxshott in Surrey, then Richmond Way W14, Dorking and now Kingston sur mer.

Loved it all except Dorking (lived in village called Westcott that didn't really like outsiders much, or maybe it was just me).

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:08 - May 10 with 2846 viewsRedbourneR

Born in Richmond and, after some years trundling about London and points west and south, bought my first flat in Acton Lane in Chiswick, over a TV repair shop. Upgraded to full-on Acton near the main line station near the A40 and lived there for fifteen years before boxing up loads of old QPR programmes about ten years ago and moving to Finchley. There used to be an R in our street but they moved out to the country somewhere. The kids are grown up now (although one's moved back home, what a surprise) so we're looking at moving further into town in a few years or so.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:36 - May 10 with 2803 viewsRblock_James

Live in a village called Wittering on the Lincolnshire/Cambridgeshire border. Bout an Hour and 1/4 on the train from London.

Beautiful landscape, cheap housing and friendly people. Safe environment for my 2 boys 👍

Not many R's here, though!

Would never live in London again.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:37 - May 10 with 2800 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Non QPR - where do you live? on 15:37 - May 10 by BlackCrowe

Born in Guildford, grew up in Oxshott in Surrey, then Richmond Way W14, Dorking and now Kingston sur mer.

Loved it all except Dorking (lived in village called Westcott that didn't really like outsiders much, or maybe it was just me).

Oxshott! Very nice mate apart from the neighbours eh (mainly Chelsea players)
Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:40 - May 10 with 2791 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Non QPR - where do you live? on 08:43 - May 10 by Jeff

Born in Basingstoke, one of only a couple of R's in a sea of Reading and Man Utd Fans.

Moved to London a decade ago, did the Clapham houseshare thing that all young London first timer's do, then moved to Earlsfield about 5 years ago, there's a couple of R's around here.

Moving to Thornton Heath or Carshalton in the next couple of months as trying to buy a house and Earlsfield has been gentrified beyond all recognition - the house that i'm currently renting has gone from about £400k to £1m in the 5 years i've lived in it!

I would recommend Carshalton over Thornton Heath Jeff if it is any help.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:48 - May 10 with 2787 viewsjonno

Born in Shoreham, Sussex, old man was in submarines in the Royal Navy. Emigrated as a ten pound Pom as a kid, lived in Oz for three years then came back. Brought up in the East End as a teenager (Dagenham where only three of us at school were Rangers, weirdly all in the same class). Moved to Surrey Docks when I got married, then to Yateley Hampshire for the last 28 years, where there are a fair number of Rangers in fact. Moving to Paphos Cyprus next month so no more season tickets for me!
Non QPR - where do you live? on 17:50 - May 10 with 2776 viewseastside_r

Other than 4 years at university in the late 80s and a brief sojourn in Ealing in the early nineties, I have lived most of my life in the London Borough of Redbridge (think the loop at the eastern end of the Central Line.)

Born: Ilford, have lived in Barkingside and Wanstead and now reside in the leafy suburb of South Woodford. It suits me fine. I love London but I don’t have kids. I work in the East End.

I don’t think I could live in the countryside. I’ve got all of the best of London in close proximity but South Woodford is enough of a bolt hole to avoid London’s worst excesses when needed.

Usual mix of WHam, Spurs and Arsenal round here. A very few R’s round this way and of course the ubiquitous filth (a 21st Century problem.)
Non QPR - where do you live? on 18:01 - May 10 with 2761 viewsSimonJames

Born Hyde Park Corner
Parents moved to Oz when I was 2
Canada from 5 to 11
Snettisham (Norfolk) 11 to 19
Kingston Poly 19 to 22
King's Lynn for year
Bedford for a year
Bromley for 6 years
Kingston upon Thames for 12 years

Saffron Walden for the last 8 years. Everyone seems to love living here except me. It's okay but I prefer somewhere that has a river or a beach or at least a big lake. (I'd prefer Bath, Exeter, Cotswolds, even just up the road in Cambridge or move back to Kingston)
Only met 1 other R here. Everyone round here is Arsenal, Spurs or Wet Spam.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Non QPR - where do you live? on 18:18 - May 10 with 2735 viewsjonno

Non QPR - where do you live? on 18:01 - May 10 by SimonJames

Born Hyde Park Corner
Parents moved to Oz when I was 2
Canada from 5 to 11
Snettisham (Norfolk) 11 to 19
Kingston Poly 19 to 22
King's Lynn for year
Bedford for a year
Bromley for 6 years
Kingston upon Thames for 12 years

Saffron Walden for the last 8 years. Everyone seems to love living here except me. It's okay but I prefer somewhere that has a river or a beach or at least a big lake. (I'd prefer Bath, Exeter, Cotswolds, even just up the road in Cambridge or move back to Kingston)
Only met 1 other R here. Everyone round here is Arsenal, Spurs or Wet Spam.

My brother lives in Castle Camps, he is an R.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 19:19 - May 10 with 2660 viewsstevec

Another one born in Hammersmith Hospital. Grew up in W10, then flat/wife/first born in Ealing, then finances and second born dictated a move out of London and settled in Epsom.

Can't knock it and, as you've got a kid yourself, the state schools are top notch round here. As Danehoop mentioned, into QPR in a little over the hour by train or car. Mostly Palace I've found round here but they're all well behaved.
Non QPR - where do you live? on 19:27 - May 10 with 2646 viewsHarbour

Born Hillingdon hospital lived in Northolt for 23 years till got married moved to Rayners Lane for 15 years and then moved to Pinner been here 16 years. Village is nice a few good pubs
Non QPR - where do you live? on 20:09 - May 10 with 2594 viewsOregonQPR

Born in St.Thomas' Hospital opposite House of Commons.

Lived around the Elephant & Castle and knew three other QPR fans; Ewan who was a steward and moved to Brighton, Gus who lived in New Cross and Sean who lived in The Borough. If any of them are on here I raise a glass to you gents.

Was surrounded by fans of The Vermin of Cold Blow Lane heavily sprinkled with Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea.

Moved to Dallas, Texas in mid 90s and have been in Portland, Oregon since 2002. Here, the local team, Portland Timbers, are followed with lots of American style fervour but I miss the English atmosphere and my beloved R'a more than anything. Manage to make it home every few years and this season got to the Forest and Bolton home games.

The Bolton game saw my American wife finally see The R's win having seen defeats in Cardiff 0-1 (playoff final), Manure 0-2, Sunderland 2-3, Arsenal 0-1, Norwich 1-2, Forest 1-2.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024