Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joel Lynch 14:11 - May 19 with 15861 viewsDubaiR

A lad who plays football out in Dubai is mates with Joel Lynch and he has just been out on holiday. Said he is in talks with us. Don't know much about him other than ex forest now at Huddersfield. Any good?
Joel Lynch on 12:01 - May 20 with 3299 viewsrsonist

Joel Lynch on 15:23 - May 19 by vegasranger

Looks like he is working his way down the league. Anther good pick up if you are looking for a few years in Div 1.

Thought you were a sad whingeing b stard but this is just trolling for the sake of it.
Joel Lynch on 12:03 - May 20 with 3290 viewsrsonist

If Smithies really is homesick then bringing in the bloke that played in front of him for four years can't hurt. Unless he can't stand his guts...
Joel Lynch on 15:56 - May 20 with 3206 viewsvegasranger

Joel Lynch on 22:30 - May 19 by DannytheR

Baffles me sometimes how some of our fans ever ended up supporting us in the first place. (Albeit not going to games).

Went to QPR for 25 years regular. Season ticket holder for many years. Thanks to the wonders of TV you get watch a few games over here and the view is pretty good. Often better than some of the views I got in Ellerslie Road !!
Joel Lynch on 16:02 - May 20 with 3192 viewsvegasranger

Joel Lynch on 08:57 - May 20 by CamberleyR

Nice backtracking.

Not backtracking at all. Rangers fans love to overhype our players. Faurlin although a great passer of the ball has a lot of weaknesses in his game. I was never a big fan of Lee Camp either.
Joel Lynch on 16:05 - May 20 with 3178 viewsCamberleyR

Joel Lynch on 15:56 - May 20 by vegasranger

Went to QPR for 25 years regular. Season ticket holder for many years. Thanks to the wonders of TV you get watch a few games over here and the view is pretty good. Often better than some of the views I got in Ellerslie Road !!

No matter how good the view is and how many camera angles you've got you do not get the same perspective on a match as if you have been there physically watching it as you do on TV. There are lots of things telly doesn't pick up that you see at a game.

You're probably different but I wouldn't dare think to form an opinion on a player as you obviously have with Smithies that I hadn't actually seen in the flesh at a game.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Joel Lynch on 16:06 - May 20 with 3177 viewsDubaiR

Same was a season ticket holder for 20 years and still get to 2-5 games a season, some people will always assume based on profile name that you don't go.
Joel Lynch on 16:09 - May 20 with 3167 viewsNorthernr

Joel Lynch on 16:06 - May 20 by DubaiR

Same was a season ticket holder for 20 years and still get to 2-5 games a season, some people will always assume based on profile name that you don't go.

There is a pattern on here at the moment that the posters who attend the fewest games are some of the biggest critics.

In the case of this thread Vegas is slagging a player off that he has since admitted his knowledge of stretches no further than his fcking wikipedia profile!
Joel Lynch on 16:12 - May 20 with 3152 viewsQPRDave

Joel Lynch on 16:05 - May 20 by CamberleyR

No matter how good the view is and how many camera angles you've got you do not get the same perspective on a match as if you have been there physically watching it as you do on TV. There are lots of things telly doesn't pick up that you see at a game.

You're probably different but I wouldn't dare think to form an opinion on a player as you obviously have with Smithies that I hadn't actually seen in the flesh at a game.

"No matter how good the view is and how many camera angles you've got you do not get the same perspective on a match as if you have been there physically watching it as you do on TV. There are lots of things telly doesn't pick up that you see at a game."

Like streakers & squirrels!!
Login to get fewer ads

Joel Lynch on 16:18 - May 20 with 3142 viewsvegasranger

When my mum was alive I always got to see 2 or 3 games live a season. Haven't been over for 4 years now.
Joel Lynch on 16:40 - May 20 with 3096 viewsTW_R

Joel Lynch on 14:44 - May 19 by DubaiR

They played in same Brighton youth team and stayed mates. Wouldn't cost a lot and according to my mate (don't claim to be in the know) he is on 8k a week at town, that sounds about right and should be within our capability.

8K a week! That's over 400 grand a year. If that is even slightly true it's no wonder football is so f*cked in this country.
Joel Lynch on 16:47 - May 20 with 3079 viewsTW_R

Joel Lynch on 16:05 - May 20 by CamberleyR

Although I completely disagree with Vegas and think Smithies is a great keeper, you're talking nonsense.

" There are lots of things telly doesn't pick up that you see at a game." - true, but I bet there are just as many things that you don't, or can't possibly pick up that the TV cameras do. Things like dubious offside decisions, close-ups of incidents that you may have missed that can only be seen via slo-mo replays etc.

I've never seen Messi play in the flesh, but I can form an opinion on him. He's quite good from what I've seen.
Joel Lynch on 18:47 - May 20 with 2980 viewsconnell10

Joel Lynch on 16:47 - May 20 by TW_R

Although I completely disagree with Vegas and think Smithies is a great keeper, you're talking nonsense.

" There are lots of things telly doesn't pick up that you see at a game." - true, but I bet there are just as many things that you don't, or can't possibly pick up that the TV cameras do. Things like dubious offside decisions, close-ups of incidents that you may have missed that can only be seen via slo-mo replays etc.

I've never seen Messi play in the flesh, but I can form an opinion on him. He's quite good from what I've seen.

Nothing like being there mate! As for smithies he is excellent,!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Joel Lynch on 19:20 - May 20 with 2940 viewsTW_R

Joel Lynch on 18:47 - May 20 by connell10

Nothing like being there mate! As for smithies he is excellent,!

I agree mate. Can't beat being there!
Joel Lynch on 20:01 - May 20 with 2900 viewskensalriser

Start with the premise that no player who will sign for us is good enough, then any player we do sign is fair game for slagging off!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Joel Lynch on 14:12 - May 21 with 2740 viewsTGRRRSSS

Joel Lynch on 15:33 - May 19 by Mick_S

Yep - Alfie Mawson; well worth keeping an eye on. Purchased by Barnsley to be developed and moved on making the club a decent profit. And he's from Hillingdon. Good lad.

Saw Mawson play a few times on loan at Maidenhead he didnt strike me as anything special, Maidenhead were poor at the time and especially at the back - must have improved a lot and is still relatively young.
However L1 is probably his level...
Joel Lynch on 10:16 - May 22 with 2572 viewsNorthernr

Joel Lynch on 15:33 - May 19 by Mick_S

Yep - Alfie Mawson; well worth keeping an eye on. Purchased by Barnsley to be developed and moved on making the club a decent profit. And he's from Hillingdon. Good lad.

This one could be a goer. Us Leeds and Wigan are in apparently.
Joel Lynch on 23:29 - May 22 with 2249 viewsTheBlob

I thought the days of digging people out for "non attendance" were over.I seem to remember some people avowing they never subscribed to such sniff worthy egoism.
But apparently it's still alive and well.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Joel Lynch on 00:04 - May 23 with 2219 viewsDannytheR

Joel Lynch on 23:29 - May 22 by TheBlob

I thought the days of digging people out for "non attendance" were over.I seem to remember some people avowing they never subscribed to such sniff worthy egoism.

Joel Lynch on 08:28 - May 23 with 2103 viewsHunterhoop

Joel Lynch on 23:29 - May 22 by TheBlob

I don't think there's any sniff worthy egoism going on.

Of course fans who don't go can still have an opinion, still care and are still fans.

But on a discussion about a particular player, the view of people who've actually seen him play in the flesh, and more than a couple of times on TV, have to count for more! It's just common sense. They have, quite literally, witnessed him playing. The other person has not. If it was a court case the witness tends to be given more credence that the bloke in the public gallery.

Let's not stir if we don't have to, mate.

And for what it's worth, as someone who's a ST, I think Smithies is not just the best keeper I've seen in the league this year, but I think he's only behind Hart, Butland and Forster as England qualified. His all round game is excellent. Would be such a shame if the rumours of his family not settling were true.
Joel Lynch on 08:39 - May 23 with 2089 viewsTheBlob

Joel Lynch on 08:28 - May 23 by Hunterhoop

Of course fans who don't go can still have an opinion, still care and are still fans.

But on a discussion about a particular player, the view of people who've actually seen him play in the flesh, and more than a couple of times on TV, have to count for more! It's just common sense. They have, quite literally, witnessed him playing. The other person has not. If it was a court case the witness tends to be given more credence that the bloke in the public gallery.

And for what it's worth, as someone who's a ST, I think Smithies is not just the best keeper I've seen in the league this year, but I think he's only behind Hart, Butland and Forster as England qualified. His all round game is excellent. Would be such a shame if the rumours of his family not settling were true.

Yeah thass right,you've got to view things personally to have a valid viewpoint.Take that Stephen Hawking geezer,spends all his time in a chair,never goes out.Sometimes he has a squint through a little tube with a couple of bits of glass at either end.....and then it's Time Dilation this and Degrees Of Red Shift that.
Degrees Of Red Shit in my opinion.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Joel Lynch on 08:42 - May 23 with 2082 viewsMaggsinho

Joel Lynch on 08:28 - May 23 by Hunterhoop

The journalist who reported Smithies was homesick has since reported that he wasn't ever homesick, so a load of nonsense and nothing to worry about.
Joel Lynch on 08:53 - May 23 with 2062 viewsCiderwithRsie

Joel Lynch on 12:03 - May 20 by rsonist

If Smithies really is homesick then bringing in the bloke that played in front of him for four years can't hurt. Unless he can't stand his guts...

Seems an expensive way of doing it.

Couldn't the club just run a "whippets get in free" scheme and get the Loft to bang on about how much friendlier everyone is oop north instead?

Get a really good northern chippie in to do the catering and the whole thing would pay for itself.
Joel Lynch on 10:17 - May 23 with 1977 viewsHunterhoop

Joel Lynch on 08:39 - May 23 by TheBlob

Yeah thass right,you've got to view things personally to have a valid viewpoint.Take that Stephen Hawking geezer,spends all his time in a chair,never goes out.Sometimes he has a squint through a little tube with a couple of bits of glass at either end.....and then it's Time Dilation this and Degrees Of Red Shift that.
Degrees Of Red Shit in my opinion.

Completely incomparable and you know it.

The nihilistic end game to your logic is that a fan who has never seen someone play at all, is entitled to an opinion, which is to be held in the same regard, as someone who's seen the player play multiple times. That is patently nonsense. And you know it. You just don't like it.
Joel Lynch on 10:18 - May 23 with 1975 viewsHunterhoop

Joel Lynch on 08:42 - May 23 by Maggsinho

The journalist who reported Smithies was homesick has since reported that he wasn't ever homesick, so a load of nonsense and nothing to worry about.

Cheers, Maggsinho. That's good to know.
Joel Lynch on 10:42 - May 23 with 1931 viewsMick_S

Joel Lynch on 10:18 - May 23 by Hunterhoop

Cheers, Maggsinho. That's good to know.

This journalist lark sounds quite easy; any idea how one gets started?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024