Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Central Midfield 14:08 - Aug 7 with 3675 viewsLondon_Pride

Great team performance but for me Luongo & Henry were awesome.

Leading up to the penalty, Leeds had a dangerous potential breakaway but Luongo won the ball back well and set up Caulker. Both of them bossed midfield, won a huge amount of possession and distributed the ball well.

I have never seen a Rangers' team so fit at the start of a season. All credit to Jimmy H.
Central Midfield on 14:10 - Aug 7 with 3661 views08olesen

Agreed i thought Luongo was the best player on the pitch today. He made some great challenges and distributed quickly, rather than holding on for too long. Great start by the boys.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Central Midfield on 14:22 - Aug 7 with 3594 viewsHooparoo

Central Midfield on 14:10 - Aug 7 by 08olesen

Agreed i thought Luongo was the best player on the pitch today. He made some great challenges and distributed quickly, rather than holding on for too long. Great start by the boys.

As we say in Oz -" Luongo looked as fit as a Mallee Bull!"

Man of the match by a mile.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Central Midfield on 14:44 - Aug 7 with 3462 viewsLazyFan

Yep Luongo was the best.

Henry made some good tackles, but I also noticed a few times he got caught in the wrong position. It didn't matter too much and with his other great efforts it was not that noticeable.

zzzzzzzzzz

Central Midfield on 15:28 - Aug 7 with 3270 viewsLongsufferingR

Central Midfield on 14:44 - Aug 7 by LazyFan

Yep Luongo was the best.

Henry made some good tackles, but I also noticed a few times he got caught in the wrong position. It didn't matter too much and with his other great efforts it was not that noticeable.

As a pairing they were absolutely tremendous. Several fantastic tackles from Mass.
Central Midfield on 15:28 - Aug 7 with 3266 viewsHunterhoop

Luongo was exceptional. Made so many excellent tackles, covered the ground very well, gave it quickly and easy, and did brilliantly to keep pace with Roofe, outmuscle him and then two passes later we get the pen.

Clear MoTM for me.

Honorary mention for Poulter who led the line well, was a menace all day, ran himself into the ground and scored.
Central Midfield on 15:39 - Aug 7 with 3193 viewsHantsR

Agree that was a great team performance. One of the things that impressed me most and as a big difference from last year, was that players seemed to know their roles and did much more running off the ball to make themselves available for both attacking and defending options.
Central Midfield on 15:48 - Aug 7 with 3122 viewsngbqpr

Central Midfield on 15:39 - Aug 7 by HantsR

Agree that was a great team performance. One of the things that impressed me most and as a big difference from last year, was that players seemed to know their roles and did much more running off the ball to make themselves available for both attacking and defending options.

Agree with this. For the first time probably since 2010-11, it looked like we were ORGANISED - a system the players had been drilled in, and knew their roles in. Square pegs in square holes.

I'm not for a second saying it'll be a repeat of 2010-11, the division is much tougher this season. Just nice to see organisation not shambles.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Central Midfield on 16:02 - Aug 7 with 3043 viewsHollowayRanger

caulker actually looked like a proper defender as well

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Central Midfield on 16:33 - Aug 7 with 2934 viewsSnipper

Although not a central midfielder, the only downside today was Ben Gladwin. There is a good player in there, but he's struggling through lack of confidence imo.

Yeni Ngbakoto will surely replace him on the right.
Central Midfield on 16:53 - Aug 7 with 2874 viewsCFW

Have to say had a great weekend - weather was fantastic and a very encouraging opening to the season. I thought we looked so much fitter, played very much as a team and looked like at last we had some pace in the team. Our defence looked solid and thought Hall and Caulker played very well (really hope we can keep hold of Caulker who appears to have sorted himself out) and our midfield bossed most of the game.

Like many others I thought at half time here we go again, bossed the game scored early and then give a goal away and hang on for a draw. Well not this time although thought Leeds had a much better first quarter hour after the break after that we raised our game and once we got the penalty game over.

A couple of things bother me - Gladwin is not (at the moment up to scratch) and we need to ensure we play for the whole game. However, we have a replacement on board (will take a bit of time for him to settle in and it is early in the season plus it must have been very hot playing today.

For me an excellent team performance, very, very pleased for JFH, Les, Hoos, the supporters and the fitness coaches who must take some credit.

Just to finish thought Cousins bought great energy to the side when he came on, think he could be a big player for us the season.

Happy opening day everyone!!
Central Midfield on 17:04 - Aug 7 with 2807 viewspaulparker

Central Midfield on 14:10 - Aug 7 by 08olesen

Spot on the geezer was every where, covered all of Leeds breaks and done the dirty work so Henry didn't have to do to much running
Best performance in a QPR shirt so far

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Central Midfield on 17:07 - Aug 7 with 2784 viewsNW10Hoop

Yup, Luongo was great today. Seemed a bit more muscular compared to last season when he seemed to get knocked off the ball quite easily.
Central Midfield on 20:27 - Aug 7 with 2487 viewsterryb

It was mentioned by a young lass that Luongo played in the same style & positional sense as Ale Faurlin did when he joined us.

High praise indeed. And today it was certainly justified!

I rather liked watching us today!
Central Midfield on 20:42 - Aug 7 with 2434 viewsJigsore

it pains me to say it a bit but you do see why JFH took the decision to let Faurlin go. As a team we're just looking to be running faster and more often than his legs allow.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Central Midfield on 21:07 - Aug 7 with 2335 viewsterryb

Central Midfield on 20:42 - Aug 7 by Jigsore

it pains me to say it a bit but you do see why JFH took the decision to let Faurlin go. As a team we're just looking to be running faster and more often than his legs allow.

I actually understood why he let Ale & Clint go.

I didn't like it, but I understood it. The main gripe is that it could have been announced prior to the Bristol City game & we could have paid our respects to them.
Central Midfield on 22:43 - Aug 7 with 2092 viewsjoolsyp

It seems churlish to say so after such a good victory but we did revert to type a bit at times - when Leeds pressed us we passed it back to defenders who passed back to Smithies who went long to Polts. Henry/Luongo/Cousins need to show a bit more nous by making themselves available in space in the middle when this happens. Would still prefer Cousins and Luongo as the sitting 2 but Henry did have a very good game.
Central Midfield on 22:51 - Aug 7 with 2065 viewskensalriser

Very noticeable that a pass back to Smithies invariably resulted in a long punt upfield. Did he distribute to the back line at all?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Central Midfield on 06:41 - Aug 8 with 1871 viewslondonscottish

Yes, quite few times to Bidwell. Although never to Ned IIRC.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Central Midfield on 11:41 - Aug 8 with 1673 viewsdannyblue

I wonder if Mass's weaker performances last season came as a result of lots of long distance travel to play with Australia (combined with being played in strange positions and being in and out of the team)

He certainly looked much much fresher than I've seen him before. Long may it continue, and I hope there's less energy-sapping long haul this year.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024