Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans Forum 19:59 - Sep 7 with 9490 viewsBasingstokeR

Anyone watching the stream?

All getting very awkward at the moment!
Fans Forum on 20:17 - Sep 7 with 6377 viewsrsonist

Fans Forum on 20:58 - Sep 7 with 6208 viewsDorse

The bit where Hoos answered one of the questions by doing 'The Deacon' featuring full, transverse, elbow-crested ear slaps with claw was excellent. A high tariff response that went down well with the judges. Certainly pushed Les's classic lower-lip / tongue combo with limp left hand backslap (also known as the Red Hand Gang) into a distant second place. Jimmy is going to have to really pull out something special in the next round.

Sorry, what?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fans Forum on 21:06 - Sep 7 with 6167 viewsRangersw12

A very awkward 10 mins or so about Stan and Frank Sibley and reading between the lines the fella was annoyed that the benefit match seems be getting somewhere wheres his ideas were rejected
[Post edited 7 Sep 2016 21:21]
Fans Forum on 21:13 - Sep 7 with 6121 viewsBakes

Did we have the following?

1) why hasn't the water pressure been sorted out in the women's toilets?

2) why hasn't my seat got a name sticker on it?

3 why is the family stand in the lower loft?

Same old maggots every time, sat there with their free pint.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Fans Forum on 21:32 - Sep 7 with 6011 viewswombat

Fans Forum on 21:13 - Sep 7 by Bakes

One is those maggots just got home actually from it , the panel come across well as always even when facing some pretty inane questions from certain so called maggots .

As I've been to a few of these over the years ideally all questions prob be best to be ore sent in with NO open questions offered to those actually there , more topics would be answered as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Fans Forum on 21:33 - Sep 7 with 6005 viewsconnell10

Fans Forum on 21:06 - Sep 7 by Rangersw12

A very awkward 10 mins or so about Stan and Frank Sibley and reading between the lines the fella was annoyed that the benefit match seems be getting somewhere wheres his ideas were rejected
[Post edited 7 Sep 2016 21:21]

I thought the fans heckling the guy were either very young or dont know any history of our club! Good point made by the bloke about the selling of stan tee shirts in the club shop and not a penny going to stan or his family!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans Forum on 21:48 - Sep 7 with 5930 viewswombat

Fans Forum on 21:33 - Sep 7 by connell10

I thought the fans heckling the guy were either very young or dont know any history of our club! Good point made by the bloke about the selling of stan tee shirts in the club shop and not a penny going to stan or his family!

wasn't just young fans asking him to get a move on some older fans did as well , the point about the club earning from stans face etc relevant just badly put across as lost in the original question

Fans Forum on 22:11 - Sep 7 with 5824 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 21:13 - Sep 7 by Bakes

Maggots is a bit harsh though I've been called worse.
Get your overall point though, and yes two of those three were asked. At. Length.
Login to get fewer ads

Fans Forum on 22:38 - Sep 7 with 5703 viewsBakes

Fans Forum on 22:11 - Sep 7 by Northernr

Maggots is a bit harsh though I've been called worse.
Get your overall point though, and yes two of those three were asked. At. Length.

Maggots was harsh, I apologise, my point is it seems like it's always the same people every time, I understand getting people from fanzines, forums, podcasts etc along but when I watch it on YouTube tomorrow I bet it's pretty much the same people again asking the same questions, having said that, I think it's brilliant that the club put this on and are brave enough to face the music.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Fans Forum on 22:48 - Sep 7 with 5649 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 22:38 - Sep 7 by Bakes

Maggots was harsh, I apologise, my point is it seems like it's always the same people every time, I understand getting people from fanzines, forums, podcasts etc along but when I watch it on YouTube tomorrow I bet it's pretty much the same people again asking the same questions, having said that, I think it's brilliant that the club put this on and are brave enough to face the music.

Yeh it is largely same old faces, and it's certainly the same people who get up and ask largely the same questions. But is there a great untapped market out there of ppl who want to go to the QPR fans forum if only it was held in a different place or on a different day or something? I doubt it. Those 50 ppl are the sort of ppl who go to those things. Hold it in Sheffield on a Tuesday morning it'll still be those 50. Not sure what you can do about it.
Fans Forum on 22:49 - Sep 7 with 5644 viewssimmo

Fans Forum on 21:33 - Sep 7 by connell10

That was me actually, 'heckling', if that's what you want to call it. Btw I'm 31 and while I don't remember enough about Frank Sibley to appreciate his 'case study', I do remember the same digs at the club being levelled in the last fans forum, and from the minutes at the last fan/club meeting.

Ultimately I am fcking bored of fans deciding that after years and years of QPR being shit, being run appallingly by people that are disconnected from the true fanbase, etc and not providing a proper platform to address issues, it really grinds my gears that fans still have a dig at the club for things that (IMO) they're starting to address. Especially to people like Lee and Les who are (again IMO) the best thing to happen to QPR in fckin years.

How many people that have been to games regularly in the last 12 months haven't seen either a Stan Bowles or 1976 celebration, or both? Was I not there for Stan Bowles day when he was (rightly) celebrated and money was raised? I know that teams like everton have shamed us over the years when it comes to things like acknowledging former players, but we've made huge strides as a club to address and rectify those kind of issues and spending another 10 minutes having ANOTHER pop at the club during a Q&A forum was frustrating, and I wasn't the only one to think so.

The guy had a dig at me after for not getting on the mic myself, among other things, but as I explained, apart from being actually pleased that the board, media and playing staff are finally doing things as I'd wished they did for a lot of the last 5-10 years, I didn't have anything, positive or negative, that I could put into a QUESTION as to make it appropriate to the format. Hence why I took the time after to speak to Les personally and thank him for the work he's doing and wish him all the best, rather than waste everyone else's time.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fans Forum on 22:50 - Sep 7 with 5641 viewsstevec

Did Les answer my question about the Syrian conflict?
Fans Forum on 23:05 - Sep 7 with 5585 viewsHunterhoop

Fans Forum on 22:49 - Sep 7 by simmo

That was me actually, 'heckling', if that's what you want to call it. Btw I'm 31 and while I don't remember enough about Frank Sibley to appreciate his 'case study', I do remember the same digs at the club being levelled in the last fans forum, and from the minutes at the last fan/club meeting.

Ultimately I am fcking bored of fans deciding that after years and years of QPR being shit, being run appallingly by people that are disconnected from the true fanbase, etc and not providing a proper platform to address issues, it really grinds my gears that fans still have a dig at the club for things that (IMO) they're starting to address. Especially to people like Lee and Les who are (again IMO) the best thing to happen to QPR in fckin years.

How many people that have been to games regularly in the last 12 months haven't seen either a Stan Bowles or 1976 celebration, or both? Was I not there for Stan Bowles day when he was (rightly) celebrated and money was raised? I know that teams like everton have shamed us over the years when it comes to things like acknowledging former players, but we've made huge strides as a club to address and rectify those kind of issues and spending another 10 minutes having ANOTHER pop at the club during a Q&A forum was frustrating, and I wasn't the only one to think so.

The guy had a dig at me after for not getting on the mic myself, among other things, but as I explained, apart from being actually pleased that the board, media and playing staff are finally doing things as I'd wished they did for a lot of the last 5-10 years, I didn't have anything, positive or negative, that I could put into a QUESTION as to make it appropriate to the format. Hence why I took the time after to speak to Les personally and thank him for the work he's doing and wish him all the best, rather than waste everyone else's time.

Good man. A sense of priorities and balance as opposed to those who come across as criticising the club for narcissistic reasons.
Fans Forum on 23:06 - Sep 7 with 5582 viewswombat

Simmo wasn't just you a fair few did of all ages in fact . Good shout ou for and spare tickets for a beer though lol . They are trying to mix the people attending up at these events but as Clive said the same people will still attend as others don't bother going even when invited . Do like the way the board come across these days with there honest answers .

The cost of the stickers on the back of your seat came to 13k , with the club looking to cut costs I can live without mine, if others want one pay the club say 3 quid and I'm sure they can produce one and stick it on your seat for this moment you can't remember where you have sat for the last 20 years

Fans Forum on 23:07 - Sep 7 with 5575 viewsStanisgod

Fans Forum on 22:50 - Sep 7 by stevec

Did Les answer my question about the Syrian conflict?

Did you ask how the striker training is going

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Fans Forum on 23:16 - Sep 7 with 5530 viewscaliforniahoop

The forum might not be the place but the point regarding the Stan gear still being sold in the club shop is a great one.

We can say (I wasn't born in 76 or didn't see these guys play) and I understand that, but it's about the club, Sibley and Stan are the blood that runs through the heart of this club.

Let's do a one of joint game for BOTH of them.

The next international break should be enough time, the supporters shouldn't have to do it all, the club has to help them.

I believe the club has come a long way, this step will keeps us on the right path.
Fans Forum on 23:25 - Sep 7 with 5500 viewsconnell10

Mate i enjoy reading your posts on here and agree with a lot you post and the guy did labour the point but it did come over a tad harsh on the geezer when he started to get heckled, we all support this great club and should show respect as lee hoos said to every fans opinion .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Fans Forum on 23:35 - Sep 7 with 5460 viewssimmo

Fans Forum on 23:25 - Sep 7 by connell10

Mate i enjoy reading your posts on here and agree with a lot you post and the guy did labour the point but it did come over a tad harsh on the geezer when he started to get heckled, we all support this great club and should show respect as lee hoos said to every fans opinion .

I respect his opinion and the opinion that everyone raised, regardless of whether I think they are petty or repetitive. But taking so much time to labour a point that IMO the club are actually addressing was tedious and I made a comment after about 5 solid minutes of listening to it.

Joe Taxi made the same point that he made last time too, but Hoos was straight on it, saying how he looked into it and was still trying to sort something. Joe said 'fair enough' and moved on.

The club are being treated like they haven't done anything and are purposely being cnts, and I think that whilst that might have been true a few years back - and I was massively critical of Ian Taylor and the like because of it - credit where it's due when they are actually listening and trying to do something. Even if you don't agree that it's enough.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Fans Forum on 23:44 - Sep 7 with 5435 viewsFredManRave

Fans Forum on 22:48 - Sep 7 by Northernr

Yeh it is largely same old faces, and it's certainly the same people who get up and ask largely the same questions. But is there a great untapped market out there of ppl who want to go to the QPR fans forum if only it was held in a different place or on a different day or something? I doubt it. Those 50 ppl are the sort of ppl who go to those things. Hold it in Sheffield on a Tuesday morning it'll still be those 50. Not sure what you can do about it.

Would be interested to hear what the format is regarding the questions and the set up in general. Is there somebody in charge of the floor who decides at random who will be asking each and every question?! Is there a time limit or a number of questions limit per person?!

I appreciate the effort and time that attendees put in to these forums but then maybe if it's same old same old due to the attendees being the same old same old maybe the set up could be split between questions from the floor and a certain number of questions as voted for by us forumers, or tweeters etc. You'd like to think that, if there was an initial phase of suggesting (genuine/serious) questions that could then be voted for across all forums/social media, with the 10 most voted for questions then being asked at the forum, those 10 questions would hopefully be better than the ones "usually" offered from the floor.

AsI said at the start I don't know how the present set up works but it would appear to be not working very well with the same complaints at each forum. It's just such a waste of an opportunity to find out some "behind the scenes" stuff that we wouldn't otherwise get the opportunity to learn about and/or have explained/justified to us.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2016 23:47]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Fans Forum on 23:47 - Sep 7 with 5420 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 23:44 - Sep 7 by FredManRave

Would be interested to hear what the format is regarding the questions and the set up in general. Is there somebody in charge of the floor who decides at random who will be asking each and every question?! Is there a time limit or a number of questions limit per person?!

I appreciate the effort and time that attendees put in to these forums but then maybe if it's same old same old due to the attendees being the same old same old maybe the set up could be split between questions from the floor and a certain number of questions as voted for by us forumers, or tweeters etc. You'd like to think that, if there was an initial phase of suggesting (genuine/serious) questions that could then be voted for across all forums/social media, with the 10 most voted for questions then being asked at the forum, those 10 questions would hopefully be better than the ones "usually" offered from the floor.

AsI said at the start I don't know how the present set up works but it would appear to be not working very well with the same complaints at each forum. It's just such a waste of an opportunity to find out some "behind the scenes" stuff that we wouldn't otherwise get the opportunity to learn about and/or have explained/justified to us.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2016 23:47]

The majority of it is actually questions that have been submitted in advance by e-mail, Twitter, Facebook etc which Paul Morrissey reads out while the room sits and listens. That goes on for about 45 minutes. Then there's q and a in the room after, which is usually where it goes awry. Perhaps people should be limited by time, get up and ask your question. Quite often it turns into somebody talking for a very long period of time and it's not really clear what the question was.
Fans Forum on 00:00 - Sep 8 with 5380 viewsFredManRave

Fans Forum on 23:47 - Sep 7 by Northernr

The majority of it is actually questions that have been submitted in advance by e-mail, Twitter, Facebook etc which Paul Morrissey reads out while the room sits and listens. That goes on for about 45 minutes. Then there's q and a in the room after, which is usually where it goes awry. Perhaps people should be limited by time, get up and ask your question. Quite often it turns into somebody talking for a very long period of time and it's not really clear what the question was.

Cheers for the update Clive. Initial reaction is to suggest that Paul remit gets extended from reading the questions to "controlling" the floor, making sure that people don't take up too much time. It does sound like some sort of control of the floor, so to speak, is required.

Just a thought.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Fans Forum on 00:01 - Sep 8 with 5369 viewsNorthernr

Fans Forum on 00:00 - Sep 8 by FredManRave

Cheers for the update Clive. Initial reaction is to suggest that Paul remit gets extended from reading the questions to "controlling" the floor, making sure that people don't take up too much time. It does sound like some sort of control of the floor, so to speak, is required.

Just a thought.

TBH Hoos seems keen for everybody to have their say, whatever say that may be. Since he's been here the forums have not only been much more often, but they always massively overrun the scheduled time because he wants everybody who's got a question to get a chance to ask it.
Fans Forum on 00:38 - Sep 8 with 5318 viewsClay_Burton

Fans Forum on 00:01 - Sep 8 by Northernr

TBH Hoos seems keen for everybody to have their say, whatever say that may be. Since he's been here the forums have not only been much more often, but they always massively overrun the scheduled time because he wants everybody who's got a question to get a chance to ask it.

As ever with an open floor policy the person asking a question can possibly take an age to get their point across. ( Or even say something totally inappropriate.) Maybe a better option would be to have a Question Time system in place. Screen the questions and the asker prior to entry or by social media etc. The host (P.Morrisey) can the do a Dimbleby and say '' Next we have a question from Joe the Taxi on migration from the Upper Loft into Ellerslie Road ... ''
This would prevent the situation where the first two people on the mic didn't come across well and made it boring for those in attendance and for those watching on Player HD live. The host can also prime the panel to expect what's coming and give them a little time to formulate an answer.

It will be interesting to see if the media team edit the event before they stick it on YouTube.
Fans Forum on 11:09 - Sep 8 with 4842 viewsBrightonhoop

Fans Forum on 23:06 - Sep 7 by wombat

Simmo wasn't just you a fair few did of all ages in fact . Good shout ou for and spare tickets for a beer though lol . They are trying to mix the people attending up at these events but as Clive said the same people will still attend as others don't bother going even when invited . Do like the way the board come across these days with there honest answers .

The cost of the stickers on the back of your seat came to 13k , with the club looking to cut costs I can live without mine, if others want one pay the club say 3 quid and I'm sure they can produce one and stick it on your seat for this moment you can't remember where you have sat for the last 20 years

When you think back to the heady days of the ABC loan at 10% that was killing the club from within, I do find it staggering anyone complains about a missing name sticker on a seat.....
Fans Forum on 11:49 - Sep 8 with 4775 views1MoreBrightonR

i did see the invite from the club on the website about registering interest in attending the fans forum and i did nothing, so i get Clive's point about the same old faces. As a result, i am going to do my best to register for the next one...stand up and be counted...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024