Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Years of utter ineptitude 13:02 - Nov 6 with 5605 viewscalHoop

Sack the manager, change the team, do what you want. The biggest problem at the football club is still here - Tony F.

After taking over, his first tweet as chairman I think was something along the lines of "so QPR fans, who should we buy?" and he then set about re-tweeting any and every suggestion that came in. The alarm bells rang immediately. A couple of days after that we spunked around 250k per week on some of the worst signings in the clubs history.

Then the sacking of Warnock and a summer transfer window that made us the laughing stock of football. Millions wasted, no strategy, no plan. Utter madness.

Bringing wheeler dealer Arry in, who presided over a 12.5 million and 125k a week centre half in his first transfer window and Federico Macheda.

Giving Redknapp another year after the play off win, the same Redknapp who said he'd spent the last 10 minutes of that match deciding which golf club to become a member of the next season.

Sacking Arry, finding his dream manager then deciding that someone called Chris Ramsay was the best person for the job after a one game "Redknapp gone" bounce at Sunderland.

Sticking with Ramsay after an awful run to relegation, then sacking him, after deciding that mid-table mediocrity with a mediocre mid table side wasn't good enough.

On to now, for me Hasselbaink was a good appointment but it's gone wrong again. I think JFH needed some experienced help on the coaching side. He inherited a well oiled machine at Burton, where the cogs needed turning. Here it was very different, and if the McLaren rumours were true a few months ago, it's a shame it didn't work out.

The sooner Tony goes the better. Yes, his heart may be in the right place but his head is up his arse. I can't think of a club that's been run as badly for so long. You can talk about Blackburn and Leeds, it's close, but I think we nick it on the fact that hundreds of millions of pounds have been wasted. Thank god for Les off the pitch, who I think has helped turn us slightly back to where we should be.

I don't think we'll appoint Sherwood, as there are too many people against it. We'll probably finally get his dream manager, as long as he's here though I can't see anything changing.

I just really hope we pick someone who has a clear way of playing and an attacking strategy. There are plenty out there. Southampton have found a few, so have Fulham and Brentford even! But, we haven't had a process on any manager picked, which brings me back to my original point.

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:12 - Nov 6 with 4622 viewskensalriser

Two points.

1. Fernandes is joint Chairman with Ruben Gnanalingam.

2. How many serious buyers do you imagine might be out there for a mid table championship side that makes losses every season, has a small antiquated stadium that can't be enlarged and is situated in a location where land costs more than anywhere else in the country?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:12 - Nov 6 with 4622 viewsisawqpratwcity

Yes, he spunked way too much money for too long, but I'd still put him at the more benign end of the Chairmanship spectrum.

Currently his worst fault is that it takes him 12 months to accomplish what Briatore did every few weeks.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:17 - Nov 6 with 4597 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I tend to agree with Kensal and Isaw>

I was certainly among his fiercest critics on this board for a long time and I still get annoyed with his tweets but I can't see anyone else either wanting to buy into this club or keeping us from financial ruin.

My huge worry is OOC. That one really bothers me.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:30 - Nov 6 with 4555 viewsonlyrinmoray

I just dont get this hatred of Tony Fernandes I was at the Everton game, the first game after he was appointed. Supporters were ecstatic that he had come in to take over from Briatore ( have you seen the 4 Year Plan cal Hoop ) He was the previous owner not someone I wanted at our club treated supporters like dirt , but he had bailed us out financially
Fernandes I agree has not spent the money well, he tweets too much but he is a decent guy with the best intentions. The problem is he gets abuse for everything, trying to get a new ground, a new training centre, the performance of players the failure of managers.
He communicates with the fans, he has brought in excellent behind the scenes staff CEO media, marketing we treat ex players with warmth and respect He is also willing to say he has made mistakes.
Look at other clubs and their owners Blackburn Leeds Cardiff Hull Villa I think we are lucky to have TF I know I'm in a minority but time will tell You can only take abuse for so long the you say sod it. Then who do you think will buy us more likely Chinese/ Middle East owners. Give the guy a break
5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:37 - Nov 6 with 4518 viewscalHoop

I don't hate Fernandes. I think he's utterly inept and he has consistently made poor decisions for 5 years.

I get that his heart is the right place, but it shouldn't excuse some of the stuff that has gone on. Briatore was utterly bonkers but he eventually realised what needed to be done, although he almost de railed it in the end!
5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:40 - Nov 6 with 4506 viewsMelakaRanger

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:30 - Nov 6 by onlyrinmoray

I just dont get this hatred of Tony Fernandes I was at the Everton game, the first game after he was appointed. Supporters were ecstatic that he had come in to take over from Briatore ( have you seen the 4 Year Plan cal Hoop ) He was the previous owner not someone I wanted at our club treated supporters like dirt , but he had bailed us out financially
Fernandes I agree has not spent the money well, he tweets too much but he is a decent guy with the best intentions. The problem is he gets abuse for everything, trying to get a new ground, a new training centre, the performance of players the failure of managers.
He communicates with the fans, he has brought in excellent behind the scenes staff CEO media, marketing we treat ex players with warmth and respect He is also willing to say he has made mistakes.
Look at other clubs and their owners Blackburn Leeds Cardiff Hull Villa I think we are lucky to have TF I know I'm in a minority but time will tell You can only take abuse for so long the you say sod it. Then who do you think will buy us more likely Chinese/ Middle East owners. Give the guy a break

Absolutely!

Tony and his two partners are honourable men, albeit nieve in their football business.
It's they that have lost a lot of their own money and yet they still persevere.

I don't like some if their decisions but at least they keep trying.

There are many many worse chairmen out there. Be careful what you wish for.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:50 - Nov 6 with 4477 viewsBrightonhoop

The mere mention of Briatore has me reaching for the sick bucket.

Totally committed is TF.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 13:59]
5 Years of utter ineptitude on 14:00 - Nov 6 with 4429 viewsMatch82

I think he's improving. When he took over initially he made some poor decisions and admitted himself that he was naïve and taken advantage of.

For me, the decision to make appointments of a director of football (for what it's worth I think les is doing a good job overall, although I appreciate that's a divisive sentiment at the moment) and his appointment of Hoos show that he is learning and not trying to do everything himself.

I wish he'd tweet less, but I really think we could do a lot worse
Login to get fewer ads

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 14:28 - Nov 6 with 4379 viewsactonman

Of all the decisions made and tbf were made with the best intentions, the worst and biggest balls up was the redknap / Ramsey transition. I truly believe had we got rid and got someone in who knew what they where doing, we would have at least made a fist of staying up. Ramsey was a cop out and we basically gave up our premier league place.
5 Years of utter ineptitude on 14:32 - Nov 6 with 4364 viewsTGRRRSSS

We certainly could do worse.
Blackburn, Charlton, and Leeds would probably swap in a heartbeat (though Leeds doing ok atm).

Huge amount of ineptitude though somehow even when trying to do right we find a way to cock it up, and I just cannot see what we can do to get it right.

Maybe we truly are cursed.
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:45 - Nov 6 with 4323 viewsstowmarketrange

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:30 - Nov 6 by onlyrinmoray

There is no guarantee that anyone would want to buy the club if TF decided enough is enough.
Who would want to buy our basket of a club with its spiralling debts,a ramshackle ground,no proper training ground and a potentially large fine over FFP?

Be very careful what you wish for.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 15:07]
5 Years of utter ineptitude on 14:55 - Nov 6 with 4285 viewsBoston

I quite like Big Tone, he doesn't know what he's doing but that fits in rather well at Queens Park Rangers.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 17:32 - Nov 6 with 4151 viewspaulparker

TF is a cancer of this great club called QPR
The sooner he goes the better , he has been a disaster , 2 relegations , 200 million wasted
Sacked our championship manger , no training ground, all it's based on is OOC , anyone who thinks he is our best chairman is a Kunt
The man is a goon the day he goes cannot come soon enough

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 17:36 - Nov 6 with 4126 viewsBrianMcCarthy

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 17:32 - Nov 6 by paulparker

TF is a cancer of this great club called QPR
The sooner he goes the better , he has been a disaster , 2 relegations , 200 million wasted
Sacked our championship manger , no training ground, all it's based on is OOC , anyone who thinks he is our best chairman is a Kunt
The man is a goon the day he goes cannot come soon enough

Leaving aside the use of the word cancer, PP, you can't really debit him for two relegations without crediting him for a promotion. I know we're not going great but we're not League One!

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 21:48 - Nov 6 with 3930 viewsisawqpratwcity

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 17:36 - Nov 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Leaving aside the use of the word cancer, PP, you can't really debit him for two relegations without crediting him for a promotion. I know we're not going great but we're not League One!

Absolutely right, Brian.

Unfortunately I have to temper my criticism of Redknapp in that at least he got us promoted again.

It's an emotional time but we have to maintain a fair and clear perspective and sense of equanimity.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 21:50 - Nov 6 with 3918 viewsBrianMcCarthy

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 21:48 - Nov 6 by isawqpratwcity

Absolutely right, Brian.

Unfortunately I have to temper my criticism of Redknapp in that at least he got us promoted again.

It's an emotional time but we have to maintain a fair and clear perspective and sense of equanimity.

It's been very good on here today, hasn't it? I've been working all day and the board's been great company. Calm and rational and all very amicable.

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 21:52 - Nov 6 with 3908 viewsShotKneesHoop

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 14:55 - Nov 6 by Boston

I quite like Big Tone, he doesn't know what he's doing but that fits in rather well at Queens Park Rangers.

Probably the most accurate comment of all on this thread.

The club motto should be "We never fail to disappoint."

It's what we do better than any other club.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 12:30 - Nov 7 with 3653 viewshopphoops

To be fair to Tony, he only tweets now when he falls off the wagon after a few pints it seems.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:01 - Nov 7 with 3582 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm no great fan of his but really it's the "football people" managers and players that have taken the piss out of him and the club.
I'm in no doubt he only wanted success for the club and trusted those that should have delivered it
HR was right in that TF had his pants taken down but arry was no better

TF main fault is that he was to soft/to nice a bloke.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:03 - Nov 7 with 3563 viewsDufster

TF - Cant help but like the Man....he and the board acted with incredible generousity when they converted the debt to shares, took financial responsibility for their mistakes.

I think he will come good!

I Say!

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:04 - Nov 7 with 3560 viewsJuzzie

It's not been ideal but their one saving grace for me is they've paid for their mistakes themselves, not saddled the debt onto the club forcing it either out of existence, almost out of existence and now in the lower leagues or put prices up sky high (even higher than already).

When we were dishing out stupid contracts, fans from other clubs were gloating that we'd "do a pompey". Well, we've never not paid what we owe to my knowledge and always kept up with salaries, HMRC tax bills, 3rd party contractor/suppliers bills and so on.
5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:39 - Nov 7 with 3481 viewsDorse

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:01 - Nov 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I'm no great fan of his but really it's the "football people" managers and players that have taken the piss out of him and the club.
I'm in no doubt he only wanted success for the club and trusted those that should have delivered it
HR was right in that TF had his pants taken down but arry was no better

TF main fault is that he was to soft/to nice a bloke.

He makes for an easy target simply because he wants to be seen to be involved. He put his money where his mouth is, got royally boned by Hughes / Joorabchian (transfers), Redknapp and Co (fcuking off after the Jan window leaving us with no options) and ended up having to eat a huge debt once we went down.

The Ramsay appointment was a gambler's 'all-in' bet. And it went wrong. I can see why he went for him - if it came off, we'd have been saying what a ballsy decision it was. But that's the problem with Tony F: all of his bets seem to be 'all-in'.

Think of last season - we need to consolidate. Then, all of a sudden, we need to be promoted. After all, we had Austin, Fer, Caulker, Phillips, Hoilett, Sandro etc. Austinho aside, it was plain as a Saudi pin-up that this group of, ahem, 'players' weren't good enough to stay up: what on earth makes you think they are good enough to go up?! But he threw all his chips into a single bet - again.

And this season seems very similar in tone. JFH is brought in to do a job: build a squad within tight(er) financial conditions, cut out dead wood, look to promote youth, build for the future etc. Now, it seems that we're betting everything on hitting the play-offs again. I'm not excusing the recent football played by JFH's teams (we all know it wasn't exactly sparkling) but the club does seem to have taken baby steps towards what we were trying to achieve. Wages are down, the squad is more or less in place (still needs a tweak here and there to be honest but when have we ever achieved the perfect squad?) and the youth team seems to be producing the goods for the first time in a couple of decades.

There is a lot to be happy about - from a certain point of view. However...

If we're putting it all on red and saying that this is the squad that is going to get us promoted then you've lost me. How? Will changing the manager mean that Karl Henry will suddenly realise the ball can go in both a backward AND forward direction? The last 3 managers couldn't get him to work that one out.

We might get more of a tune out of Caulker or Chery. We might see what Connor Washington is all about. We might see Shodipo become a first choice. We might even see Onouha told that he is a centre back and to just mark the bejesus out of the oppo's number 9. But promotion? I just can't see it as things stand - I'd just be delighted to see these few things happen and QPR maybe just try and tear the oppo a new one rather than sit back and be the recipient of this week's caning.

I'd be even more delighted if TF would stop betting big and just settle on a manager for the long term.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:43 - Nov 7 with 3462 viewsPlanetHonneywood

TF is definitely committed, its just that where as some think its a positive attribute, many of us think its an adjective to be used before the words 'huge' and 'mistakes'.

The guy has been nothing short of an disaster and merely citing fukwits at other clubs to try and lessen the blow, cannot ignore that fact - he's been a disaster and shown how not to spunk, at a conservative estimate, half a billion quid to turn a newly promoted premiership club who were eight at one stage, into a somewhat bedraggled club in the Championship

I know no one who supports any other club, who would want him as their head honcho. For all we know, fans from other clubs probably cite him as the type of fukwit they're glad not to have at the helm. Imagine the hullabaloo if he had taken over West Ham and run them like he has us. No stadium in the land could protect him from irate Irons wanting his blood.

The worst day for this club since 2011, was the day Amit withdrew from the scene. No way he would have made any of the naive and stupid decisions Tony has repeatedly made. Its why the Mittals pulled out as they had lost trust and confidence in him as well.

Equally, the notion that no one would buy us in our current financial predicament is possibly, the most staggering argument I have heard in his defence. Its utter Tony Pony because its entirely due to his stewardship, that we are where we are and why no one would buy us!

I am sure more accountant savvy folks could confirm how much cash has come in and gone out of our coffers since August 2011, but I reckon its about half a billion pounds. And look where we are. If so.....FFS!!!!!

The fact some still stick by him, well good for them. Entitled to their view but for me, he is a totally unmitigated disaster.

Still, could be worse, we could be Caterham Racing!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:44 - Nov 7 with 3458 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I find it hard to hate TF like some people seem to.
He is well-intentioned but has made mistakes. There seems far worse chairmen that don't give a ,monkeys about their fans. That surely counts for something?
5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:52 - Nov 7 with 3433 viewsPlanetHonneywood

5 Years of utter ineptitude on 13:44 - Nov 7 by CroydonCaptJack

I find it hard to hate TF like some people seem to.
He is well-intentioned but has made mistakes. There seems far worse chairmen that don't give a ,monkeys about their fans. That surely counts for something?

I'll say this, you're right and he's probably a nice chap and all that.

Good to his mum at Christmas and prepared to drop a few quid to charideee etc. but when it comes to mistakes, how big do they have to be before people think, but as a chairman he's just not cut the mustard?

And why us, how come ever since Jim Gregory sold up, we've ended up with a list of clowns, crooks, charlatans and assorted fukwits?

Couldn't make this up if you tried selling it to Hollywood as a true story!!!!!!!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024