Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fan jailed for 6 years 21:04 - Dec 9 with 37837 viewsN12Hoop

Not seen anything reported on this one.
http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/qpr-fan-jailed-six-years-brawl-orient-fans/

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 17:53 - Dec 11 with 3882 viewsQPR1882

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 17:34 - Dec 11 by Bluce_Ree

QPR1882, I see it as being a bit like the riots thing from a few years back.

After that there were articles about teenagers getting a couple of years just for trying to incite a riot. Basically, it's a crackdown. The powers that be need to send a message to stop people following suit.

It relates to football because we've shown in the past that football fans given the chance will happily fight each other for no good reason. The people in charge can't have that because sometimes people die.

Didn't we have a QPR fan stab up a guy in Manchester a few years ago?

Either way, you start glassing folks and kicking them in the head and there's a very good chance someone will die. The police know that if everything went to hell at a football match, a handful of them and some 'why are we here?' stewards aren't going to do shit against hundreds of angry hoolies. And so, I reckon sentences like these are to deter other people from kicking off.

There's no tolerable level for football violence. No grey area. Just behave or go to prison and get bummed in the gob for a few years because you couldn't control your temper.

I hear what your saying. Fact is if I'm a victim of a kick to the head I would expect the person who kicked me to be given the same sentence if he was wearing a football shirt or not. To be given 66% longer sentence then the guy in Barry who left his victim in a lot worse condition then the football fan is not what I would call justice.
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 18:25 - Dec 11 with 3839 viewsthemodfather

hard to justify what happened but here goes, i know many of the lads and it was 2 groups who wanted a row, not passers by....recently someone fiddled £250k from a hospital ( st heliers, who lost £25m and are in debt) and he got a fine! some of the orient jailed as well.....odd to have a ruck near city of london as its the most camera's up places on earth....
good luck lads.
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 03:53 - Dec 12 with 3635 viewsLOTR

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 18:25 - Dec 11 by themodfather

hard to justify what happened but here goes, i know many of the lads and it was 2 groups who wanted a row, not passers by....recently someone fiddled £250k from a hospital ( st heliers, who lost £25m and are in debt) and he got a fine! some of the orient jailed as well.....odd to have a ruck near city of london as its the most camera's up places on earth....
good luck lads.

Echoing what Luke said, i know a few of the lads and to say they've been made a scapegoat is a massive understatement.

I'm not one for trying to compare crimes and then look at the sentences handed down, but one only needs to look at the NUMEROUS examples of where pedophiles and rapists have been given far shorter sentences. Shouldn't the law reflect the seriousness of the offence? No one in their right mind can tell me that two groups of football lads who have a fight(which both sides were equally culpable) deserve more time inside than a man who molests or rapes an innocent woman or child.

The courts in this instance have a lot to answer for, 6 years is far too harsh.
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 04:58 - Dec 12 with 3625 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 03:53 - Dec 12 by LOTR

Echoing what Luke said, i know a few of the lads and to say they've been made a scapegoat is a massive understatement.

I'm not one for trying to compare crimes and then look at the sentences handed down, but one only needs to look at the NUMEROUS examples of where pedophiles and rapists have been given far shorter sentences. Shouldn't the law reflect the seriousness of the offence? No one in their right mind can tell me that two groups of football lads who have a fight(which both sides were equally culpable) deserve more time inside than a man who molests or rapes an innocent woman or child.

The courts in this instance have a lot to answer for, 6 years is far too harsh.

I've had enough of this.

If they think their sentences are too harsh, then they can appeal. I don't wish them anything but justice.

Aside from that, fukk 'em. They're not pedos or rapists? No, they're thugs that glass, kick people in the head, knock people out and brag about it.

Jesus fukking wept.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 05:19 - Dec 12 with 3616 viewsLOTR

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 04:58 - Dec 12 by isawqpratwcity

I've had enough of this.

If they think their sentences are too harsh, then they can appeal. I don't wish them anything but justice.

Aside from that, fukk 'em. They're not pedos or rapists? No, they're thugs that glass, kick people in the head, knock people out and brag about it.

Jesus fukking wept.

If you've had enough, why come back onto this thread and tell everyone? Why not just ignore it?

You've got your opinion, and I've got mine. On this matter, it's highly unlikely we are going to agree, which is fine by me.

I agree, if they think their sentences are too harsh(which they no doubt do) then they are able to appeal.

I'm glad you feel strongly enough to condemn men you've never met.
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 05:53 - Dec 12 with 3610 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 05:19 - Dec 12 by LOTR

If you've had enough, why come back onto this thread and tell everyone? Why not just ignore it?

You've got your opinion, and I've got mine. On this matter, it's highly unlikely we are going to agree, which is fine by me.

I agree, if they think their sentences are too harsh(which they no doubt do) then they are able to appeal.

I'm glad you feel strongly enough to condemn men you've never met.

Because these thugs are associated with QPR. Yes, thugs. T-H-U-G-S. Got it? When the club's support base needs thugs dispensing serious violence, they will be able to show a proven aptitude. Until then, they can fukk off.

Are you denying the facts of the case? No, you're only arguing the sentence.

I've never met them. Why, do I need to meet them? If I did, would they tell me they didn't do it?

Incidentally, I seriously hope the club will be issuing bans. How do you feel about that?

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 06:11 - Dec 12 with 3598 viewsLOTR

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 05:53 - Dec 12 by isawqpratwcity

Because these thugs are associated with QPR. Yes, thugs. T-H-U-G-S. Got it? When the club's support base needs thugs dispensing serious violence, they will be able to show a proven aptitude. Until then, they can fukk off.

Are you denying the facts of the case? No, you're only arguing the sentence.

I've never met them. Why, do I need to meet them? If I did, would they tell me they didn't do it?

Incidentally, I seriously hope the club will be issuing bans. How do you feel about that?

Thanks for spelling out the word, without your help, i feel i'd have got lost in your response.

I'm not for one minute denying what they did was wrong, i'm simply arguing that their sentences(like virtually all sentences associated with football disorder) are unduly harsh. Yes, they committed an offence, but the lads they attacked were certainly not random shirt wearing fans who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, far from it in fact.

As for the club issuing bans, whats that got to do with anything? Some of them have been banned by the courts for up to 8 years, doesn't this suffice?

As for me denying the facts of the case, please show me one piece of evidence of me doing just that.

Moron.
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 06:50 - Dec 12 with 3570 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 06:11 - Dec 12 by LOTR

Thanks for spelling out the word, without your help, i feel i'd have got lost in your response.

I'm not for one minute denying what they did was wrong, i'm simply arguing that their sentences(like virtually all sentences associated with football disorder) are unduly harsh. Yes, they committed an offence, but the lads they attacked were certainly not random shirt wearing fans who just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, far from it in fact.

As for the club issuing bans, whats that got to do with anything? Some of them have been banned by the courts for up to 8 years, doesn't this suffice?

As for me denying the facts of the case, please show me one piece of evidence of me doing just that.

Moron.

From the little that I know of this case, it doesn't strike me that they were harshly sentenced. These are serious, violent crimes. But again, I wish them nothing but justice. If they were over-sentenced, reduce it on appeal. Otherwise, sentence stands.

So the court issued bans? Good. After that, it's up to the club if it wants to increase them. Don't hold your breath waiting for the club to support your protest. It is the club's reputation these thugs are wrecking.

"Moron"? No thanks. We've seen where 'banter' leads to in your circle of friends.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 07:15 - Dec 12 with 3546 viewsLOTR

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 06:50 - Dec 12 by isawqpratwcity

From the little that I know of this case, it doesn't strike me that they were harshly sentenced. These are serious, violent crimes. But again, I wish them nothing but justice. If they were over-sentenced, reduce it on appeal. Otherwise, sentence stands.

So the court issued bans? Good. After that, it's up to the club if it wants to increase them. Don't hold your breath waiting for the club to support your protest. It is the club's reputation these thugs are wrecking.

"Moron"? No thanks. We've seen where 'banter' leads to in your circle of friends.

I'd hardly call engaging in a debate on an internet forum a protest, but what ever floats your boat mate.

"From the little i know of the case"

Well that seems to sum you up quite well there. I'm not professing to know the inner workings of the legal system, but as I've said on numerous occasions, in my opinion they were given unduly harsh sentence, probably to deter others from taking part in football related violence. The media and the government often need a convenient scapegoat and football fans have served that role well for a number of years.

As for your final remark, i won't even dignify it with a response. I'll merely stand by my original observations of you.
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 07:41 - Dec 12 with 3523 views2Thomas2Bowles

Your friends have very little hope of reduced sentence on appeal, the one who got 6 years could get much longer.

Again the sentences are within the guild lines, they are not even at the top end for the offences they were charged with so they are not overly harsh.

Judges don't handout sentences that are likely to be over turned very often.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2016 7:48]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 07:42 - Dec 12 with 3519 viewskingsburyR

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 15:25 - Dec 11 by SimonJames

This.
I've seen enough stabbings, slashings and glassings to last a lifetime... none of it was ever necessary or justified.

Ahhhhhhhhhh....you also drank in The Hole in the Wall in Cricklewood when it first opened in the 90's!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 07:57 - Dec 12 with 3499 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 07:15 - Dec 12 by LOTR

I'd hardly call engaging in a debate on an internet forum a protest, but what ever floats your boat mate.

"From the little i know of the case"

Well that seems to sum you up quite well there. I'm not professing to know the inner workings of the legal system, but as I've said on numerous occasions, in my opinion they were given unduly harsh sentence, probably to deter others from taking part in football related violence. The media and the government often need a convenient scapegoat and football fans have served that role well for a number of years.

As for your final remark, i won't even dignify it with a response. I'll merely stand by my original observations of you.

"probably to deter others from taking part in football related violence"....but it still happened, didn't it?

For a case involving glassing, kicking in the head, rendering some-one unconscious and then finding the episode sufficiently unshameworthy that they shared it on social media, I do not find those sentences manifestly excessive. Let them take their chances on appeal, I can't see it helping them.

That they also did these things in the name of QPR is appalling. Keep those thugs away from our club. You ought to reflect on where you stand, LOTR, but you probably won't.

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 13:09 - Dec 12 with 3353 viewsBoston

Let's try and find some positives, multi racial group of lads all mucking in together....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 00:18 - Dec 13 with 3188 viewsLOTR

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 07:57 - Dec 12 by isawqpratwcity

"probably to deter others from taking part in football related violence"....but it still happened, didn't it?

For a case involving glassing, kicking in the head, rendering some-one unconscious and then finding the episode sufficiently unshameworthy that they shared it on social media, I do not find those sentences manifestly excessive. Let them take their chances on appeal, I can't see it helping them.

That they also did these things in the name of QPR is appalling. Keep those thugs away from our club. You ought to reflect on where you stand, LOTR, but you probably won't.

How on earth do you know they did those things in the name of our club? How do you know what was said by the Orient fans that let to the confrontation and ultimately the fight between the TWO GROUPS? I think you've taken the view that this was some sort of unprovoked attack on some shirt wearing, flag waving fans with their kids. Far from it.

I know exactly where i stand, I don't need to take advice from you thanks.

You can keep your self righteous preaching to yourself.
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 00:36 - Dec 13 with 3178 viewsBenny_the_Ball

I don't find the sentences for these thugs excessive. Rather, it's the sentences that are being used for comparison (for paedos, rapists, etc) that are too lenient.
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 00:39 - Dec 13 with 3178 viewsLOTR

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 00:36 - Dec 13 by Benny_the_Ball

I don't find the sentences for these thugs excessive. Rather, it's the sentences that are being used for comparison (for paedos, rapists, etc) that are too lenient.

Benny, i agree in part. The sentences for peados and rapists are far too lenient.

That said, some of the lads convicted in this particular case were sent away for 18 months for throwing one punch. It's not equitable. If the exact same situation happened away from a football scenario then there is not a chance in hell the sentences would have been this severe.
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 01:02 - Dec 13 with 3163 viewskensalriser

One punch can kill. Kicking someone in the head can kill. Glassing can permanently disfigure and blind. All these things degrade, ruin and destroy lives.

If you weren't there you don't know what happened, you only know what you've been told by the perpetrators.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 01:41 - Dec 13 with 3151 viewsBoston

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 00:36 - Dec 13 by Benny_the_Ball

Benny speaketh the truth.

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 01:46 - Dec 13 with 3148 viewsBoston

BTW....any of the Orient nicked? I know they came off worst but it appears there was some pre planning, so.

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 03:36 - Dec 13 with 3128 viewsLOTR

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 01:46 - Dec 13 by Boston

BTW....any of the Orient nicked? I know they came off worst but it appears there was some pre planning, so.

I don't know what happened to the Orient lads.

I don't think there was any pre planning at all. I think they mouthed off, and then came unstuck(no, i'm not condoning what happened, merely stating a fact)
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 07:44 - Dec 13 with 3082 views2Thomas2Bowles

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 03:36 - Dec 13 by LOTR

I don't know what happened to the Orient lads.

I don't think there was any pre planning at all. I think they mouthed off, and then came unstuck(no, i'm not condoning what happened, merely stating a fact)

I think it's your mates that have come unstuck, well stuck in nick for awhile.
They will only do half anyway.

What if someone had died from one punch or a kick to the head and it does happen, would that just be bad luck.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 08:08 - Dec 13 with 3065 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 00:18 - Dec 13 by LOTR

How on earth do you know they did those things in the name of our club? How do you know what was said by the Orient fans that let to the confrontation and ultimately the fight between the TWO GROUPS? I think you've taken the view that this was some sort of unprovoked attack on some shirt wearing, flag waving fans with their kids. Far from it.

I know exactly where i stand, I don't need to take advice from you thanks.

You can keep your self righteous preaching to yourself.

It was a serious brawl that started with club banter and was fought along club lines, The convicted were all identified as QPR supporters. That is enough for me to say 'not with my club'.

I suggested that you consider your position because we all have to ask ourselves, 'Is that the QPR we want?' It's a decision for all of us, all the way up to the top.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/184514/do-you-thin

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 08:16 - Dec 13 with 3055 viewspaulparker

if you have a ruck on Saturday night outside the local revolutions bar the worst you would get is a night in the cells or possibly a suspended sentence if you kicked someone in the head etc
only yesterday I was reading a report about a load of fellas trying to get at another bloke in Bradford, they were smashing the local takeway windows with hammers etc , fark all happened to them and no one was nicked
if that was a firm at football doing that your looking at porridge , no ifs no buts
as football fans wherever your a placid bloke or not, get caught up in anything and you have had it , the fella doing the attacking has gone to far but if your going to give 6 year sentences then give to everyone who does that sort of thing
all that being said football violence in this day and age is a bit sad

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 08:27 - Dec 13 with 3040 viewshopphoops

Some circumstantial context:

When I lived in Cardiff a few years back my girlfriend did jury service in Barry. In one case A called B a c*nt in a service station for jumping the queue, so B went back to his truck, got a claw hammer and went and hit A over the head with it and fractured his skull. The other 11 jurors thought he should be let off - "someone called me a c*nt i'd do werse'n'thaa!"

She said she feared for her own safety in the jury room.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 08:47 - Dec 13 with 3017 viewsmakaveli1882

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 08:08 - Dec 13 by isawqpratwcity

It was a serious brawl that started with club banter and was fought along club lines, The convicted were all identified as QPR supporters. That is enough for me to say 'not with my club'.

I suggested that you consider your position because we all have to ask ourselves, 'Is that the QPR we want?' It's a decision for all of us, all the way up to the top.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/184514/do-you-thin

Who the fark are you to ask any Rangers fans to consider their position? LOTR did not break the law, not sure they where even there, so why are you asking him/she to consider his position?

Everyone is allowed an opinion, just because you do not agree it does not mean you can any fan to consider there position.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024