Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fan jailed for 6 years 21:04 - Dec 9 with 37815 viewsN12Hoop

Not seen anything reported on this one.
http://courtnewsuk.co.uk/qpr-fan-jailed-six-years-brawl-orient-fans/

Poll: Who would you most like to see win the Premiership?

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 13:06 - Dec 15 with 4045 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 12:53 - Dec 15 by makaveli1882

"I happen to know far more about this case than you do,

How do you know more? you are certainly not a lawyer or judge the way you present your cases....I'd rather my cousin Vinny

How do you know more? you certainly are not friends with any of the fans that went down, as you have called out plenty of people on here and made them to feel guilty for simply knowing someone or for previously going to school with someone .... Truth is if you sit in the Loft or go to away games you would have seen at least one off their faces over the last few years.

Can I ask you a genuine question do you actually go to football games? I am not trying to be rude just curious

""I happen to know far more about this case than you do,

How do you know more? you are certainly not a lawyer or judge the way you present your cases....I'd rather my cousin Vinny"

Have another read, Mak.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 13:34 - Dec 15 with 3998 viewsVenezuelanR

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 13:45 - Dec 15 with 3977 views2Thomas2Bowles

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 12:58 - Dec 15 by bob566

but did they show remorse? We don't know. The dumb thing that these guys did was post it up on social media like it was some sort of badge of honour. That's what did them I'd wager.

The judge was probably thinking hey I should be giving you 3-4 years but you know what. Since you're posting it up on social media and are obviously quite proud of your loutish behaviour then i'll impose the full sentence.

Again, they did not get what you call the full sentance, around half, some a lot less.

Just one got 6 years for GBH with intent, could have got up to I think 16 years.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 13:46]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 14:09 - Dec 15 with 3942 viewsJuzzie

Harsh? Maybe. Hopefully though it'll send a message to these immature coked up cnts of all clubs to grow up and lay off the Colombian marching power.

- Walking around with your arms spread wide = cnts
- Thinking it's brave to kick someone in the head especially when they're on the floor = cowardly cnts
- Bragging about it on social media = thick, stupid cnts

And so on.
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 17:25 - Dec 15 with 3837 viewsBluce_Ree

This thread is just great.

It's a shame I have to derail it.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 17:30 - Dec 15 with 3818 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Not a bad thread, this one.

Quite rightly all contributors are saying that violence in the name of QPR is completely unacceptable. You'd think that would be a given but I've seen threads on here in the past where people excused violence, so this one is a relief.

I genuinely sympathise with you, LOTR, for sticking up for your friends in terms of the length of the sentences. I can't agree with you, though, on one of your assumptions - that something may have been said by the Orient 'fans' that justifiably provoked the violence by your friends. No words can justify glassing, head-kicking or any thuggery of that sort. No words.

As for the length of their sentences, I'll leave that to those better qualified to comment. I just hope that, like many, many football fans before them, their time inside will show them a road away from violence.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 17:30 - Dec 15 with 3816 viewsDorse

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 17:25 - Dec 15 by Bluce_Ree

This thread is just great.

It's a shame I have to derail it.

No reason for doing this other than to see the gif avalanche again...

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 00:14 - Dec 16 with 3648 viewsLOTR

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 10:53 - Dec 15 by isawqpratwcity

"I went to school with one and have known the other 4 from QPR over the last 15 years or so"

That probably makes you mates. But, freedom of association and all that, you're entitled. Sleep with dogs, wake up with fleas. You don't share the horror that most of us feel about what they did. What they were convicted of. Glassing. Kicking in the head. Knocking some-one unconscious. Boasting about it like it was neither illegal, nor repugnant.

"I happen to know far more about this case than you do, now of course you're going to play the mate card, and that's your prerogative but 18 months for violent conduct really is harsh if you know the facts of the case".

Well, I'm pretty sure that it was you that just played it there, but, mate card or not (or itk or not), do you know more than the bloke who sentenced them? All the evidence- and testimony-proven facts from the day, from their victims' injuries, from their criminal records, and the appropriate sentencing guidelines?

Club-imposed bans by definition are up to the club. There would have to be a widespread acceptance that the serious crimes deserve a lifetime ban. What kind of club shows any tolerance at all for that sort of shit? And a conviction and a non-custodial sentence is still just that: conviction and sentence. You don't have to welcome it back with open arms. The club has the right to consider it's own position beyond whatever bans imposed by the court.

There was some-one found not guilty? Fine. Why should I have a problem with that? Sort of undercuts your 'no justice for them' argument a bit, though.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2016 10:55]

I don't really believe that you're qualified to be the final authority on my friendship group, but no doubt you'll claim that you are. Well done, you're quite amazing.

Have you thought about what another poster commented on, that the QPR lads were outnumbered by the Orient fans, who goaded them and then came off worse. I know you think that the QPR lads are the lowest of the low and should have all got the maximum sentences available, and that they should be in prison until they're old and grey, and again that's up to you,and if it makes you sleep better at night, i'm pleased for you.

Another poster also asked if you actually attend games, i'd also like to know simply out of interest. I hope that you've never experienced football related violence, and that you never do, because you never know what could happen, you might find yourself facing a serious criminal charge for simply defending yourself or others in your group(no, i'm not trying to say that's what happened here)

Final point, due to your strong opposition to these lads ever being allowed back to watch QPR, have you contacted the club to start a campaign to get them life bans? It's something you clearly feel very strongly about.

As for me, i'm off on holidays now until 1st Feb so i'll wish you a merry Christmas and hope you have a fantastic time sitting in your ivory tower dispensing your judgement on all wrong doers over the festive period.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 01:46 - Dec 16 with 3619 viewsBoston

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 17:30 - Dec 15 by BrianMcCarthy

Not a bad thread, this one.

Quite rightly all contributors are saying that violence in the name of QPR is completely unacceptable. You'd think that would be a given but I've seen threads on here in the past where people excused violence, so this one is a relief.

I genuinely sympathise with you, LOTR, for sticking up for your friends in terms of the length of the sentences. I can't agree with you, though, on one of your assumptions - that something may have been said by the Orient 'fans' that justifiably provoked the violence by your friends. No words can justify glassing, head-kicking or any thuggery of that sort. No words.

As for the length of their sentences, I'll leave that to those better qualified to comment. I just hope that, like many, many football fans before them, their time inside will show them a road away from violence.

Send in the prison chaplain.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 07:25 - Dec 16 with 3565 viewsisawqpratwcity

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 00:14 - Dec 16 by LOTR

I don't really believe that you're qualified to be the final authority on my friendship group, but no doubt you'll claim that you are. Well done, you're quite amazing.

Have you thought about what another poster commented on, that the QPR lads were outnumbered by the Orient fans, who goaded them and then came off worse. I know you think that the QPR lads are the lowest of the low and should have all got the maximum sentences available, and that they should be in prison until they're old and grey, and again that's up to you,and if it makes you sleep better at night, i'm pleased for you.

Another poster also asked if you actually attend games, i'd also like to know simply out of interest. I hope that you've never experienced football related violence, and that you never do, because you never know what could happen, you might find yourself facing a serious criminal charge for simply defending yourself or others in your group(no, i'm not trying to say that's what happened here)

Final point, due to your strong opposition to these lads ever being allowed back to watch QPR, have you contacted the club to start a campaign to get them life bans? It's something you clearly feel very strongly about.

As for me, i'm off on holidays now until 1st Feb so i'll wish you a merry Christmas and hope you have a fantastic time sitting in your ivory tower dispensing your judgement on all wrong doers over the festive period.

I didn't say I was the 'friendship guru', I said that probably makes you mates. You'll notice that I'm not the only one to draw that conclusion. Under that circumstance, it is understandable that your judgement is biased.

Goaded and outnumbered but still they won the fight? What, are we handing out VCs now? They were convicted of disgusting crimes and they are going to jail. Stop trying to make out they are heroes. "Lowest of the low" and "maximum sentences available"? Stop feeding me your crap straw man arguments; if you want to argue with something I said, quote me.

Yes, I've experienced 'football related violence'. When I was a kid coming out of the ground a yob in search of a laugh and a souvenir bowled me over, took my scarf and ran off. Not exactly 'scarred for life' type stuff, is it?

No, I haven't contacted the club about this. I'm just giving my opinion here. Are you lobbying the club? I doubt it.

Enjoy your break. Six weeks holiday? Impressive. I'll let the 'ivory tower' jibe slide.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 07:44 - Dec 16 with 3540 viewsE17hoop

Nice to see another thread on here about the difference between absolute and relative morality.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 08:25 - Dec 16 with 3503 views2Thomas2Bowles

Due to the nature of the crimes (violence) they will most likely go to Cat A prisons, you only have to see news reports that it's no hoilday, 23 hour lock up, daily violence from scag heads and the real mental nutjobs, no stop noise, crap food, that's just to start.

If they have not already lost their jobs and their homes they may well do, then to get a good job when they come out is going to be a nighmare for years with a criminal record, disbarred from many jobs.

All because they did not walk away, had to play the hard man over a bit of name calling.

Unless they were trapped and had to fight for their lives in self defence, there simple is no excues and no one to blame but themselves and with some trying to say they are victims of unjust punishment it's pathetic.

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 08:32 - Dec 16 with 3489 viewsPommyhoop

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 08:25 - Dec 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Due to the nature of the crimes (violence) they will most likely go to Cat A prisons, you only have to see news reports that it's no hoilday, 23 hour lock up, daily violence from scag heads and the real mental nutjobs, no stop noise, crap food, that's just to start.

If they have not already lost their jobs and their homes they may well do, then to get a good job when they come out is going to be a nighmare for years with a criminal record, disbarred from many jobs.

All because they did not walk away, had to play the hard man over a bit of name calling.

Unless they were trapped and had to fight for their lives in self defence, there simple is no excues and no one to blame but themselves and with some trying to say they are victims of unjust punishment it's pathetic.

No way will they be A cat.. A cat is for Murderers ,Bank robbers , rapists etc..
These bods will be C cat maybe even D ..B at absolute most..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 08:44 - Dec 16 with 3476 views2Thomas2Bowles

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 08:32 - Dec 16 by Pommyhoop

No way will they be A cat.. A cat is for Murderers ,Bank robbers , rapists etc..
These bods will be C cat maybe even D ..B at absolute most..

Well I said likely... Cat A is not just for Murderers ,Bank robbers, rapists, any violent crime can result in Cat A and how local the prison is and how full

They may get B but won't get C or D

B is still a closed prison wih 23 hour lock up in most.

see link
https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/docs/annex_1b_table_of_offences_scheme_c_cla
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 8:50]

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 09:07 - Dec 16 with 3432 viewsPommyhoop

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 08:44 - Dec 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well I said likely... Cat A is not just for Murderers ,Bank robbers, rapists, any violent crime can result in Cat A and how local the prison is and how full

They may get B but won't get C or D

B is still a closed prison wih 23 hour lock up in most.

see link
https://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/docs/annex_1b_table_of_offences_scheme_c_cla
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 8:50]

Mate,I glanced at the table but it really does'nt mean much. I was convicted of Affray many years ago before the charge was downgraded . Basically i was accused of '' causing and taking part in a riot where more than one or persons feared for their lives' .. There was no top end..Basically we could've got a Life sentance.. We got 6 months ..I went to Pentonville which was a D cat prison..I think this Judge was having a bad day or wanted to make a name for himself in this case and the fella who got 6 was very unlucky..He might , might be B catted but I bet he will be identified as a C cat early on and moved accordingly.

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 09:11 - Dec 16 with 3425 viewsheadhoops

a thoroughly entertaining thread which goes to show the widespread knowledge and considered opinions of the posters on this site. Whatever the provocation it does not excuse violence in any shape or form - luckily no one died. As has been said they were sentenced within the guidelines and they will all have to live with the consequences of their actions.

Do football related crimes of violence get harsher sentences, I suspect they do. But as regular supporters you know this so you don't do the crime. Like many on here I would like to see the 'casual' offenders given more stringent sentences. Sadly we don't have the infrastructure, prisons, etc to make this happen.

Finally a warning. During his previous stint as manager I'm sure Holloway said that if we saw any supporters booing the players we had to point them out so that he could fight them. Expect a riot when he brings Henry on as sub.

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 09:15 - Dec 16 with 3422 views2Thomas2Bowles

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 09:07 - Dec 16 by Pommyhoop

Mate,I glanced at the table but it really does'nt mean much. I was convicted of Affray many years ago before the charge was downgraded . Basically i was accused of '' causing and taking part in a riot where more than one or persons feared for their lives' .. There was no top end..Basically we could've got a Life sentance.. We got 6 months ..I went to Pentonville which was a D cat prison..I think this Judge was having a bad day or wanted to make a name for himself in this case and the fella who got 6 was very unlucky..He might , might be B catted but I bet he will be identified as a C cat early on and moved accordingly.

Not sure when you were there but Pentonville is Cat B now

GBH with intent is Cat A/B prison
But it's not just about the prison
With criminal records for violence being held for 7+ years now, my other points hold true.

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 09:22 - Dec 16 with 3403 viewsPommyhoop

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 09:15 - Dec 16 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Not sure when you were there but Pentonville is Cat B now

GBH with intent is Cat A/B prison
But it's not just about the prison
With criminal records for violence being held for 7+ years now, my other points hold true.

1985 / 1986 I just made it to the big boys nick( rather than YOP). It was definately D cat then..
Although once we were flooded with inmates from Albany because the water or heating was fecked over there. They were definately A cat boys...They didnt give a feck...Scary...
[Post edited 16 Dec 2016 9:25]

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 09:40 - Dec 16 with 3380 viewsTGRRRSSS

I don't know the ins and outs of the case but 2TB2 said about "were you fighting for your life". (apologies if not you but someone did)

Well actually you may not know if your fighting for your life or not.

One second your having beers with pals, the next minute someone's waving a broken bottle or a knife at you?

Who's to know in the split second?

A few people here a bit holier than thou - the point made much earlier on in this thread was as a football fan you could easily get into a sticky situation then because it's football you get prison, whereas if it's a night on the tiles with your mates you get slung out in the morning for the most part - if indeed you even get nicked.

Point is anything can happen any time and it could happen to you!

If the other mob had more people in their group then I'd suggest they fancied themselves to win it.

I wonder how many who lose a fight but start it end up in trouble with the Law?
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 11:18 - Dec 16 with 3326 viewsingeminate

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 09:40 - Dec 16 by TGRRRSSS

I don't know the ins and outs of the case but 2TB2 said about "were you fighting for your life". (apologies if not you but someone did)

Well actually you may not know if your fighting for your life or not.

One second your having beers with pals, the next minute someone's waving a broken bottle or a knife at you?

Who's to know in the split second?

A few people here a bit holier than thou - the point made much earlier on in this thread was as a football fan you could easily get into a sticky situation then because it's football you get prison, whereas if it's a night on the tiles with your mates you get slung out in the morning for the most part - if indeed you even get nicked.

Point is anything can happen any time and it could happen to you!

If the other mob had more people in their group then I'd suggest they fancied themselves to win it.

I wonder how many who lose a fight but start it end up in trouble with the Law?

Yeah I agree with this.

Goaded seems to be the word here. If it was goaded as in "you boys are going to get your heads kicked in in a minute" then that is obviously very different to "QPR are a bit shit aren't they".

If the rangers lads felt genuinely threatened, i.e outnumbered and thought they were going t get attacked I've got some sympathy.

If they used a couple of throw away lines as an excuse to kick people's heads in then I don't.

Would say based just on the thread it seems tough to know for certain either way.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 11:20 - Dec 16 with 3247 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This thread makes me sad : (
QPR fan jailed for 6 years on 15:40 - Dec 16 with 3131 viewsthemodfather

i am not saying violence is any good but it happens, everywhere, all the time.
imo the qpr lads stood and could;ve come unstuck, they didn't and got nicked as well and some are in jail. again imo misunderstood street poets!
it's now the season of love joy and all that, enjoy. qpr was once a tight almost family, many knew each other and even if was seeing you all over the country, they may not be your cup of tea but gave a you r's or a nod....hence some know these lads and will of course feel it's right to back em.....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024