Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Holloway hanging by a thread...? 15:42 - Dec 10 with 26519 viewscoolranger

Regardless of the result today at relegation doomed Rotherham (who have not won in 14, always a good time to play QPR), I think I'm watching Holloway on the very edge.

I watched perhaps half a dozen of Holloway interviews over the last month or so. What I see and hear is an endless rambling about 'passion', 'dying for the club' and 'transforming the culture'.

The England FA rant about 'who are ya, I mean who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, who are you, - I mean c'mon on. What on earth was all that about?

Nothing personal against Holloway. He did great last time for us, and remains popular. I just find him far far too desperate, almost incoherent in his enthusiasm.

I reckon we'll lose or perhaps draw today at Rotherham. Then what? His appointment almost smacks of 'we've tried everything else, and that hasn't worked, let's go back to an old friend who knows the club and try him...'.

Just feel increasingly uneasy that this latest experiment may end in tears.

Coolranger/
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 21:53 - Dec 10 with 2544 viewsphilc

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 21:48 - Dec 10 by Juzzie

We have gone backwards since he has been manager. If he took over a struggling team I could understand the need to give him time to sort it out. But to date I have seen little evidence that he has a clue
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 22:01 - Dec 10 with 2522 viewsterryb

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 18:43 - Dec 10 by Brightonhoop

Couldn't agree more.

Remember that PNE game I'm often accused of banging on about? Ollie was manager then too. And we were in free fall 7 losses I think, but we had characters then, Ainsworth, Blackstock, NyGaard, Bircham, played with everything we had and it was coming to nothing. 12,000 at home turned into the 12th man, did not turn on players or Ollie, and we won 1-0 and turned our season around right there and then that night.

There's only one sane thing to do, get behind Ollie and the players if we are not to be relegated this season. Simple as that.

Those who went today have every right to complain, the rest of us dont.

Ollie was not the manager!

He had gone long before. I might be wrong, but I think Gregory was in charge at that time.

We lost both home games to Preston in the Championship while Holloway was manager. No surprise, as they reached the play offs both seasons.

Our goal was scored by Dexter Blackstock, who was signed by Gary Waddock. The win was mainly down to Adam Bolder & Danny Culip (these two certainly saved us from relegation), with Jimmy Smith playing a major role from the subs bench. Two weeks earlier we had won 3-1 at Leicester when Nygaard scored his stunner!

This was played in April 2007 & our starting eleven (alphabetical order) was:-

Ainsworth, Bignot, Blackstock, Bolder, Camp, Cook, Culip,Lomas, Mancienne, Nygaard, Timoska.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 22:55 - Dec 10 with 2444 viewsAgedR

There was me thinking that Ollie could unify us as a fan base and galvanise a medium term patience.

How fxcking niave was I.

Go on Cool fuxking ranger, "been Rangers man and boy for 40 years" bolxock head. You keep slagging a manager, being supported by a coach, being supported by a director of footballl; all of them fuxking Rangers legends.

Cos that's going to help isn't it.

The sadest thing about this is that TF listens to twxts like you and as a consequence we'll have Allardyce here before long.

At that point my suspicion of the person I sit next to might just get too much.

Jesus Christ can we not just get behind the team uncritically until the end of the season.

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 23:04 - Dec 10 with 2423 viewseasthertsr

Do we have the worst fans of any football club, anywhere? Supporting awful hooligans?, getting on a managers back after FOUR games ?Booing our players as they come on to the pitch? Look, I know it hasn't been great recently but FFS get a grip!!!!!
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 23:30 - Dec 10 with 2388 viewsBrightonhoop

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 23:04 - Dec 10 by easthertsr

Do we have the worst fans of any football club, anywhere? Supporting awful hooligans?, getting on a managers back after FOUR games ?Booing our players as they come on to the pitch? Look, I know it hasn't been great recently but FFS get a grip!!!!!

Stinks of Thame. Been a wind up on here for a decade. Hope they dont turn up at yours Thame. Couldn't happen to a nicer....
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 23:40 - Dec 10 with 2375 viewsthame_hoops

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 23:30 - Dec 10 by Brightonhoop

Stinks of Thame. Been a wind up on here for a decade. Hope they dont turn up at yours Thame. Couldn't happen to a nicer....

What are you on about? I'm sure IP addresses are still logged on here, so when several people have a differing opinion to you then you assume it's one person? Weird!
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 23:51 - Dec 10 with 2351 viewsBrightonhoop

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 23:40 - Dec 10 by thame_hoops

What are you on about? I'm sure IP addresses are still logged on here, so when several people have a differing opinion to you then you assume it's one person? Weird!

yeah wierd, you always turn up to the trolls party with no knickers. Grab your ankles.

Uncanny. No ip addresses but that lingering smell of diseased knt hangs heavy in the air. Flaming Lips no doubt. And you not being remotely defensive. Big Clue, tw4t chops. I would love to be the ones turning up on your doorstep, I doubt it will be pretty or nice, but hey carry on.

Prove me wrong.

He's been like Christmas past for a decade, wanna be Christmas present or future for a change? go on, This year,You can do it, with no b4lls at all. I haven't forgotten you.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2016 0:01]
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 23:52 - Dec 10 with 2349 viewskensalriser

Sacked Ramsey, results got worse. Sacked Hasselbaink, results are worse.

Imagine for a second that Holloway is not Holloway but Joe Bloggs. He hasn't played wingers, even though Wszolek and Shodipo have looked half decent. He prefers Washington, a player who's scored one league goal in 25-odd appearances for QPR over Sylla, who's scored four in 13. He persisted with Karl Henry. And he's lost three times against lower placed teams, the first time we've lost three in a row since relegation.

Ok, so he's not Joe Bloggs, he's Ian Holloway. Great. I like the guy too but facts are facts and these facts are telling us this is really dire. I'd put money on him not being around come the start of next season but the odds are probably already not favourable.

We need an experienced, able head coach in asap, because no matter how much he loves Rangers this level is too way too early for Bircham.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 23:54 - Dec 10 with 2342 viewsBrightonhoop

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 23:52 - Dec 10 by kensalriser

Sacked Ramsey, results got worse. Sacked Hasselbaink, results are worse.

Imagine for a second that Holloway is not Holloway but Joe Bloggs. He hasn't played wingers, even though Wszolek and Shodipo have looked half decent. He prefers Washington, a player who's scored one league goal in 25-odd appearances for QPR over Sylla, who's scored four in 13. He persisted with Karl Henry. And he's lost three times against lower placed teams, the first time we've lost three in a row since relegation.

Ok, so he's not Joe Bloggs, he's Ian Holloway. Great. I like the guy too but facts are facts and these facts are telling us this is really dire. I'd put money on him not being around come the start of next season but the odds are probably already not favourable.

We need an experienced, able head coach in asap, because no matter how much he loves Rangers this level is too way too early for Bircham.

Chill, it's just Thame Hoop under a new moniker and no b4lls as usual.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 00:02 - Dec 11 with 2324 viewskensalriser

I couldn't give a monkey's who it is Brighton, I'm just trying to be objective - and it's not pretty. Of course I hope he turns it around but my suspicion is that we've just gone from frying pan to fire...

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 00:07 - Dec 11 with 2316 viewsthame_hoops

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 00:02 - Dec 11 by kensalriser

I couldn't give a monkey's who it is Brighton, I'm just trying to be objective - and it's not pretty. Of course I hope he turns it around but my suspicion is that we've just gone from frying pan to fire...

I have no idea what Brighton is going on about,no doubt he will sober up in the morning and re read
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 00:13 - Dec 11 with 2304 viewsBrightonhoop

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 00:07 - Dec 11 by thame_hoops

I have no idea what Brighton is going on about,no doubt he will sober up in the morning and re read

I read you as knt 10 years ago. And you smell the same .
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 00:18 - Dec 11 with 2295 viewsPunteR

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 23:54 - Dec 10 by Brightonhoop

Chill, it's just Thame Hoop under a new moniker and no b4lls as usual.

I think you've got that one wrong Brighton. Thame has never come across to me as a troll. He's not a fan of Ollies appointment but not a WUM or troll Imo.

Then again I did spend a whole Saturday evening once arguing with SoG and Rangers are back not realizing they were the same person.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 00:32 - Dec 11 with 2265 viewsOllyWood

Absolutely. Those of us who remember his previous stint (especially towards the end if it) recall how out if his depth he was then by playing players out if position and his inability to change tactics to suit a game.

Just because he once played for the club doesn't make him a legend. Like Bircham and Gallen.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 00:34 - Dec 11 with 2260 viewsthame_hoops

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 00:18 - Dec 11 by PunteR

I think you've got that one wrong Brighton. Thame has never come across to me as a troll. He's not a fan of Ollies appointment but not a WUM or troll Imo.

Then again I did spend a whole Saturday evening once arguing with SoG and Rangers are back not realizing they were the same person.

Weren't they brother and sister?!
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 00:40 - Dec 11 with 2251 viewsPunteR

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 00:34 - Dec 11 by thame_hoops

Weren't they brother and sister?!

I dunno. Don't think so, I think it was just one person.
Brighton has it in for you tonight though. You two got previous then?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 08:22 - Dec 11 with 2125 viewsLadbrokeR

360 minutes of football. Really
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 09:19 - Dec 11 with 2056 viewsDorse

Have coolranger and SpiritOfGregory ever been photographed together?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 09:22 - Dec 11 with 2053 viewsdaveB

Brilliant stuff here, 3 and a half games in and the calls for the manager go begin. Well done everyone, you've exceeded yourself this time
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 09:31 - Dec 11 with 2024 viewsPommyhoop

Derby is now a 'must win' ..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 10:17 - Dec 11 with 1976 viewsPlanetHonneywood

As I read through this thread, I felt a sudden sense of déjà vu as LFW transported me back in time to 2003.

The return of Ollie was very much guided by the heart more than the head. As we know, QPR rarely if ever, acts with any corporate intelligence and yes, Ollie is a gamble, but right now, it's the Rfosi that need to keep our heads, because where we currently are, is exactly where we would be if JFH was still here!

In other words, Ollie has inherited problems and they are very, very deep seated ones at that; capeesh?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 10:21 - Dec 11 with 1965 viewsthame_hoops

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 09:22 - Dec 11 by daveB

Brilliant stuff here, 3 and a half games in and the calls for the manager go begin. Well done everyone, you've exceeded yourself this time

"Everyone"?

Thats a bit of a sweeping statement, even for you Dave.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 10:31 - Dec 11 with 1946 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 10:17 - Dec 11 by PlanetHonneywood

As I read through this thread, I felt a sudden sense of déjà vu as LFW transported me back in time to 2003.

The return of Ollie was very much guided by the heart more than the head. As we know, QPR rarely if ever, acts with any corporate intelligence and yes, Ollie is a gamble, but right now, it's the Rfosi that need to keep our heads, because where we currently are, is exactly where we would be if JFH was still here!

In other words, Ollie has inherited problems and they are very, very deep seated ones at that; capeesh?

I don't care if a blind deaf mute Ian Huntley is our manager. We have no other option than to stick by them. We've tried everything else.

We are like a nest full of chicks screaming out for more players and managers, and Tony Fernandes and the rest of the shareholders are the stupid feathered tvvats indulging it.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 14:15 - Dec 11 with 1814 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:35 - Dec 10 by coolranger

Not a wind up guys. I just don't see where this is going.

I repeat, I've watched and listened to Holloway on interview. If I had employed him I would be seriously concerned. He comes across almost incoherent.

Media love him because he gives them soundbites, but when you really watch and listen... it's just an incoherent ramble.

C/

Except it isn't

He's identified we are poor defending oppo throws, he's identified we stop playing if we go one down, he's identified what we are lacking and he knows what players he wants to develop.

Theres been loads of nuggets in his interviews about how he wants to play - not incoherent at all.
Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 14:18 - Dec 11 with 1811 viewsPinnerPaul

Holloway hanging by a thread...? on 16:58 - Dec 10 by coolranger

Sorry guys. Shoot me down if you like, it's a free board.

This result says an awful lot to me. Ollie has had a while. Rotherham have won ONE game all season...until now.

Why are QPR seemingly always on the receiving end of such spells? Clinton Morrison turns up at HQ without a goal in 3 months, gets abused by home support and scores twice.

Seen it so many times.

You need to get out more, happens all the time.

Norwich lost 6 in a row, beat Fulham 5-0

Palace, couldn't buy a win, beat Southampton 3-0

Leicester, awful run, beat Man City 4-2

Happens ALL the time, we love to say "woe is us", "we're cursed" - we're not, its football.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024