Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2017 Music 08:45 - Jan 18 with 16805 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'll try to add to this every time I find something worth sharing.

Really like Bonobo's new album.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

2017 Music on 10:51 - Mar 27 with 2337 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

For all you Psych Stoner fans out there... This has been on loop since I heard it the other day:

[Post edited 27 Mar 2017 10:53]
2017 Music on 13:00 - Mar 27 with 2293 viewsHunterhoop

I'll get ridiculed for this, I'm sure, but I'm really looking forward to Jamiroquai's new album, released on Friday.

Always been a big fan and Cloud 9, off this new album, sounds good.
2017 Music on 13:11 - Mar 27 with 2283 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Listening to the 'All Songs Considered' podcast that FDC recommended, this caught my ear. It's NFE (not for everyone!) but I love it. Reminds me of the sublime Marissa Nadler.

New album due in 2017 from this artist. Could be a highlight.

2017 Music on 13:14 - Mar 27 with 2274 viewsFDC

2017 Music on 13:00 - Mar 27 by Hunterhoop

I'll get ridiculed for this, I'm sure, but I'm really looking forward to Jamiroquai's new album, released on Friday.

Always been a big fan and Cloud 9, off this new album, sounds good.

I don't what it is, but I have an allergic reaction to Jamiroquai. He was on TV on something the other half was watching the other night, and I had to leave the room.
2017 Music on 13:45 - Mar 27 with 2249 viewswestberksr

2017 Music on 18:41 - Mar 23 by FDC

The missus got really into him after he was nominated for the Mercury last year. I wasn't so keen at first but the album's grown on me, the opening track Cold Little Heart in particular (after the very long intro!).

seeing him in Bristol in a few weeks time, also saw him at Clapham a couple of years ago. Both albums are excellent and have the latest on vinyl which sounds great with a bit of crackle.

on a similar vain, these 2 should make progress this year

Jorga Smith (this track is a cover a Mario tune)

and Sampha

this tune is getting airplay on all the main stations now. Seeing him tomorrow night in Bristol and then Jorga Smith in Brighton on Sunday.

Have tickets for Jamiroqui at Camden Roundhouse on Friday; looking forward to seeing him for the first time in 20 years in a small venue.

someone I was introduced to and saw live was The White Buffalo; not my usual genre but brilliant live and some really good tunes. Did a lot of the soundtrack to Sons Of Anarchy.

this track isn't new but hearing it live the day they inaugurated that clown Trump was quite poignant
2017 Music on 13:46 - Mar 27 with 2247 viewsAitch

2017 Music on 01:06 - Jan 19 by larsricchi

The xx album is fabulous. (Says the guy who picked them or Jamie xx for album of the year in 2009, 2012, and 2015.)

Look forward to finally getting a new Japandroids LP soon.

Good call on the Japandroids. Been waiting for that one for a while.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

2017 Music on 13:53 - Mar 27 with 2240 viewsAitch

I'd never heard of this guy before but I'm particularly loving this album by Thorbjorn Risager.

TPFKA Stans_Left_Foot

2017 Music on 14:21 - Mar 27 with 2216 viewsHunterhoop

2017 Music on 13:45 - Mar 27 by westberksr

seeing him in Bristol in a few weeks time, also saw him at Clapham a couple of years ago. Both albums are excellent and have the latest on vinyl which sounds great with a bit of crackle.

on a similar vain, these 2 should make progress this year

Jorga Smith (this track is a cover a Mario tune)

and Sampha

this tune is getting airplay on all the main stations now. Seeing him tomorrow night in Bristol and then Jorga Smith in Brighton on Sunday.

Have tickets for Jamiroqui at Camden Roundhouse on Friday; looking forward to seeing him for the first time in 20 years in a small venue.

someone I was introduced to and saw live was The White Buffalo; not my usual genre but brilliant live and some really good tunes. Did a lot of the soundtrack to Sons Of Anarchy.

this track isn't new but hearing it live the day they inaugurated that clown Trump was quite poignant

How did you get tickets for the Roundhouse, westberkrs?! They sold out in about 2 seconds.

I missed out, but I'm seeing them in Florence in July instead. Two birds, one stone, as myself and the gf were planning to go to Florence this year at some point.

Also, you had a PM from me some time ago, sir! No response received!
Login to get fewer ads

2017 Music on 21:56 - Mar 27 with 2160 viewswestberksr

2017 Music on 14:21 - Mar 27 by Hunterhoop

How did you get tickets for the Roundhouse, westberkrs?! They sold out in about 2 seconds.

I missed out, but I'm seeing them in Florence in July instead. Two birds, one stone, as myself and the gf were planning to go to Florence this year at some point.

Also, you had a PM from me some time ago, sir! No response received!

Sorry Tom, missed the message completely, not been on here much lately.

Was in the queue for jamiriquoi and luckily bagged 2, thought I had a second pair via PA but timed out. Tried for Blondie last week but didn't get them.

Florence should be great; it's a lovely city. Take your credit card as the Mrs will want to shop!

I've gone nuts on gigs over the last year and have loads booked.

Stuart
2017 Music on 22:57 - Mar 31 with 2086 viewsBluce_Ree

This banger.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

2017 Music on 00:10 - Apr 1 with 2070 viewsdistortR

2017 Music on 22:57 - Mar 31 by Bluce_Ree

This banger.

banger
2017 Music on 13:56 - Apr 4 with 2030 viewssimmo

2017 Music on 14:37 - Mar 24 by FDC

Really like this, cheers

Just an FYI - he's announced some more dates and another UK tour, got my tickets yesterday for the Brixton show (£20)

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/29391339-loyle-carner-at-o2-academy-brixton?ut

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

2017 Music on 10:57 - Apr 11 with 1962 viewsDevonWhite

The Kelly Lee Owens album is great. She did vocals on Daniel Avery's Drone Logic. Really nice dream pop/ambient techno.

2017 Music on 11:37 - Apr 11 with 1929 viewsFDC

2017 Music on 10:57 - Apr 11 by DevonWhite

The Kelly Lee Owens album is great. She did vocals on Daniel Avery's Drone Logic. Really nice dream pop/ambient techno.

Nice one, gonna check that out
2017 Music on 11:39 - Apr 11 with 1925 viewsFDC

Jon Wayne's album "Rap Album Two" came out in February, pretty good.

2017 Music on 15:54 - Apr 11 with 1906 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Meanwhile, Father John Misty seems to have just taken an old Elton John LP and painted over the cover.

2017 Music on 10:10 - Apr 13 with 1854 viewssimmo

Not 2017 music but been listening to a lot of Alabama Shakes, quite a recent discovery for me, hence why it's in theis thread. The lead singers voice is wonderful and I love the mix of guitar riffs with her soulful sound. This is their most famous single but the 2nd album is a real mixture so one song to the next is very different. Worth further investigation if you like Blues Rock and big mama lead singers with a proper set of pipes

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

2017 Music on 10:28 - Apr 13 with 1849 viewsrobith

2017 Music on 15:54 - Apr 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Meanwhile, Father John Misty seems to have just taken an old Elton John LP and painted over the cover.

I reeeeeeally don't get FJM. Loved the song Bored in The USA, but otherwise it just sounds like a guy singing random hot takes off twitter on the piano
2017 Music on 11:45 - Apr 13 with 1828 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2017 Music on 10:28 - Apr 13 by robith

I reeeeeeally don't get FJM. Loved the song Bored in The USA, but otherwise it just sounds like a guy singing random hot takes off twitter on the piano

Couldn't agree more, my man.

Have you listened any more to Grandaddy? It's really growing on me a lot. I think it's worth a few gos.

2017 Music on 11:49 - Apr 13 with 1825 viewsDevonWhite

Totally agree about FJM. Baffled by how popular he seems to have become.

The new Grandaddy is good too. Comfortingly familiar. Possibly the least cool band in the world and all the better for it. They were brilliant at the Roundhouse the other week.
2017 Music on 16:49 - Jun 27 with 1635 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Big Thief's new album, "Capacity", is damn good.

This song builds steadily and is lovely by the end.

2017 Music on 19:20 - Jun 27 with 1584 viewsdistortR

2017 Music on 16:49 - Jun 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Big Thief's new album, "Capacity", is damn good.

This song builds steadily and is lovely by the end.

It'll be shite, then.
2017 Music on 20:01 - Jun 27 with 1560 viewsBrianMcCarthy

2017 Music on 19:20 - Jun 27 by distortR

It'll be shite, then.

Not a Doc Marten in sight!

2017 Music on 23:19 - Jun 27 with 1523 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Dan Auerbach's album 'Waiting on a Song' sounds quite fresh. Highly accomplished and original, without being groundbreaking. I quite like it.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 17:18]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

2017 Music on 08:59 - Jun 28 with 1468 viewssmegma

My current bestest favouritist band. From Adelaide. Just seen them twice on their first ever uk tour. Played at Glastonbury and made an impression I guess as organisers asked them to play again on Saturday and Sunday.
[Post edited 28 Jun 2017 9:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024