Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. 10:46 - Apr 9 with 13540 viewssilky

Not a telegraph reader and don't have the premium package to read the whole article but this is interesting none the less.

Hope he doesn't get eaten up into some top 4 academy and never fulfil his potential.

9 years old eh? Just leave the kid alone, got the whole of his school life in front of him first.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/08/can-clubs-like-qpr-develop-talent

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 15:09 - Apr 11 with 2110 viewspaulparker

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 14:39 - Apr 11 by Antti_Heinola

Get your point, but also disagree. Zaha is 24. His career is going along very nicely. Yes, United was the wrong move in retrospect, but it hasn't massively set him back I don't think. He's still really young, and he's playing regularly for a Prem team. And sometimes those moves can work. Liverpool took Redknapp at 16 or 17, kept him in the ressies for ages until he was ready, and he was a very good player for them. No one was shouting then about how he'd be better off playing every week for Bournemouth. It's different now of course, in many ways, but going to a bigger club, taking a step back to go forward, is not always a bad thing. Alli has done the same as Zaha, but it worked for him.
There is no 'right' way. there are many ways. Amen.

It was the wrong move to utd only because Fergie left to retire and then left Zaha under the guise of that idiot Moyes , If I were Spurs I would be breaking the bank to get him
imagine him Ali & Eriksen behind Kane , shame England and southgate p1ssed him around

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 15:32 - Apr 11 with 2092 viewsbob566

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 14:39 - Apr 11 by Antti_Heinola

Get your point, but also disagree. Zaha is 24. His career is going along very nicely. Yes, United was the wrong move in retrospect, but it hasn't massively set him back I don't think. He's still really young, and he's playing regularly for a Prem team. And sometimes those moves can work. Liverpool took Redknapp at 16 or 17, kept him in the ressies for ages until he was ready, and he was a very good player for them. No one was shouting then about how he'd be better off playing every week for Bournemouth. It's different now of course, in many ways, but going to a bigger club, taking a step back to go forward, is not always a bad thing. Alli has done the same as Zaha, but it worked for him.
There is no 'right' way. there are many ways. Amen.

24! Holy sh**

apologies so. Just assumed he was approaching his 30s.

The boys got loads to give still.
Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 15:33 - Apr 11 with 2092 viewsrobith

Amazed how nice and friendly everyone is being - that reads like one of the fakest posts I've ever seen
Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 16:06 - Apr 11 with 2055 viewspaulparker

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 15:33 - Apr 11 by robith

Amazed how nice and friendly everyone is being - that reads like one of the fakest posts I've ever seen

TBH I was going to say a few things on this subject which would come across as say controversial but ive had a enough of people calling me a cnt on here so im remaining in the " be nice " camp

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 16:17 - Apr 11 with 2042 viewsNorthernr

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 16:06 - Apr 11 by paulparker

TBH I was going to say a few things on this subject which would come across as say controversial but ive had a enough of people calling me a cnt on here so im remaining in the " be nice " camp

I would ordinarily have deleted that but you seemed to have it under control
Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 16:31 - Apr 11 with 2023 viewsTacticalR

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 15:33 - Apr 11 by robith

Oo...fake posts!

What is it (roughly speaking) that people should be saying?

On a side note I am reminded of SpiritofGregory's analysis of what was wrong with Britain (too many nice people), therefore there was a great need for a Nasty Party.

Air hostess clique

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 17:56 - Apr 11 with 1967 viewsrobith

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 16:31 - Apr 11 by TacticalR

Oo...fake posts!

What is it (roughly speaking) that people should be saying?

On a side note I am reminded of SpiritofGregory's analysis of what was wrong with Britain (too many nice people), therefore there was a great need for a Nasty Party.

No, no, I meant that everyone has straight up just accepted it is the player's mum! I just didn't want to quote it cos it was too long

I don't believe anything on the internet unless corroborated by 3 sources. I don't get much done
Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 18:06 - Apr 11 with 1958 viewsNorthernr

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 17:56 - Apr 11 by robith

No, no, I meant that everyone has straight up just accepted it is the player's mum! I just didn't want to quote it cos it was too long

I don't believe anything on the internet unless corroborated by 3 sources. I don't get much done

That's two and a half more sources than Sky Sports News insist upon.
Login to get fewer ads

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 18:54 - Apr 11 with 1914 viewsFredManRave

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 16:21 - Apr 10 by Antti_Heinola

Ding ding!
What's that I hear? Oh, it's the Antti-Paul bell of agreement! A beautiful sound, like that of a rare bird.

Prefer the "Ding-Dong" Round 1 bell of an iminent Antti-PP "misunderstanding".

Much more entertaining.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2017 18:58]

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 19:16 - Apr 11 with 1893 viewsTacticalR

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 17:56 - Apr 11 by robith

Oh, fake mothers. You should have said.

Air hostess clique

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 22:13 - Apr 11 with 1831 viewsMedwayR

I'm amazed we ever had footballers before academies existed, I mean just how did the likes of Moore, Best & Bowles make it without shiny facilities and masses of qualified coaches. Or these kids in South America nowadays.

To fully develop talents kids need 3 things:
1) Opportunities to play (pathway)
2) Good coaching
3) Good facilities

Numbers 2 & 3 are irrelevant if they don't get number 1. The players I mentioned above would've had number 1, some of number 2 and very little of number 3, but they turned out OK.

Let the kid play football and enjoy it. Don't put pressure on the kid, put pressure on the coaches to ensure he's getting the best coaching possible to develop his whole skill set (not just technique but understanding of the game etc) as he gets older. Don't pay too much attention to facilities, if they're sufficient that's good enough, the learning environment is more important than shiny equipment.

Poll: Who’s better?

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 01:10 - Apr 12 with 1773 viewsTacticalR

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 12:39 - Apr 11 by daveB

Can see the problem that the kids parents face, a boy in my sons team is a big talent, he's just turned 8 and has been offered stuff by Chelsea, Fulham and Reading to sign for them but he'd have to give up his Sunday team with his mates. His parents have opted to stay at Wycombe's Development team so he can play with his friends for the next few years which is great but I can see the temptation.

Clubs will blind parents with this category 1 nonsense and about the level their kids will play and you'd have to be a very strong willed to say no and stop your kid playing for these teams but I'd love to see the numbers on how many kids from category 1 clubs backgrounds go on to become footballers compared to lower down. There is more than one way to make it in football and the likes of Dele Ali, Charlie Austin, Jamie Vardy even Raheem Sterling have shown you don't have to start at a big club to make it.

For me the answer should be to let the kid play with his mates where he is happy but i can see why parents get tempted and 9 times out of 10 whatever the choice it's because they want the best for their son rather than for money

I don't know if anyone has read 'Every Boy's Dream', but in that book Chris Green looks at the problems of the academy system, including the problem of academies taking players too young.

There is an interview with the author here:
http://www.blueprintforfootball.com/2013/03/the-state-of-academy-game.html

Ex-QPR youth coach Tony McCool (who wrote that devastating account of QPR's academy under Shaun Hallett and Mike Rigg) has also written a few thoughts on EPPP last year:
http://tonymccool.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/week-45-arthritis-time-and-efl-trophy.h

One of the problems with the academy system is that it seems to be modelled on the private school/university/priesthood system, with youngsters taken off to out of town campuses and told not to play football with their mates. You really need a car to get to these places, so that's going to exclude a lot of kids who live in cities and whose parents don't have a car.

Air hostess clique

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 23:16 - Apr 18 with 1591 viewsTacticalR

Football youth development in England: 'We're shouting and screaming. What have we become?'

In an extract from a new book, Michael Calvin looks at an environment in which talented young players have become commodities not looked after properly
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/18/football-youth-development-engl

Once again a QPR connection as Tony McCool features large.

Air hostess clique

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 08:05 - Apr 19 with 1507 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 23:16 - Apr 18 by TacticalR

Football youth development in England: 'We're shouting and screaming. What have we become?'

In an extract from a new book, Michael Calvin looks at an environment in which talented young players have become commodities not looked after properly
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/18/football-youth-development-engl

Tony McCool or his people can't be trusted. One of his ancestors, Fionn, picked up a sod of earth and threw it into the Irish Sea, thus making Lough Neagh and the Isle of man in one foul swoop.

http://www.lurganancestry.com/finnmccool.htm

Still, it gave distortR somewhere to live, I suppose.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 08:09 - Apr 19 with 1504 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 23:16 - Apr 18 by TacticalR

Loved Calvin's book about scouting so will definitely be buying this as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 11:52 - Apr 19 with 1441 viewsTacticalR

Big Clubs Interested in QPR 9 year old player. on 08:05 - Apr 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Tony McCool or his people can't be trusted. One of his ancestors, Fionn, picked up a sod of earth and threw it into the Irish Sea, thus making Lough Neagh and the Isle of man in one foul swoop.

http://www.lurganancestry.com/finnmccool.htm

Still, it gave distortR somewhere to live, I suppose.

OK, I will keep my eye on him.

Btw, I think the title of this thread should really have been 'Big Clubs Interested in Small Boys'.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 11:53]

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024