Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Relegation creeping up 16:49 - Apr 14 with 28065 viewscoolranger

Carry on like this and we might just get sucked down.

Now seven points clear with five games left. Stranger things have happened.

Could come down to the last day now. Norwich away.

CR/
Relegation creeping up on 22:50 - Apr 17 with 2281 viewsQPR_John

Relegation creeping up on 22:05 - Apr 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Where have you praised the club and what for ?

Supporter. a person who is actively interested in and wishes success, where's you only want rid of the manager but admit you have no idea who would do any better, just get rid.

Are you praising the club or criticizing the club or just the manager, what about the players have you any opinion other than your dislike for IH . thats the only place/person I see you aiming your "criticism" at.

When was the last time you said anything good about him, after what game ?

Show me one post where you have been positive about him or one sentence you have written.

Do you have kids, did you only ever criticise them.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 22:15]

Would have answered your post but then you let yourself down with the last sentence why do you have to be personal all the time. My relationship with my children or anybody else for that matter is no business of yours or relevant to this discussion. Show a post where I have been disrespectful to you
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 22:51]
Relegation creeping up on 22:59 - Apr 17 with 2256 viewsNorthernr

Relegation creeping up on 22:37 - Apr 17 by QPR_John

Well clearly Holloway will be here next season does not mean he cannot be criticised now if for nothing else it was a monumental mistake to assume we were safe at 50 points with 8 games to go. We could have got another win with the momentum we had then and experiment all you like then.

"it was a monumental mistake to assume we were safe at 50 points"

Really?
Relegation creeping up on 23:08 - Apr 17 with 2232 viewsQPR_John

Relegation creeping up on 22:59 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Really?

That is 50 points with 8 games to go. Plenty of time for things to change us going on a losing run other teams upping their game. Both possiblilities at the time but hopefully the former has been rendered less of a problem because of the latter not happening. All I am saying was at the time there were enough variables to suggest going for at least one more win would have been the better option
Relegation creeping up on 23:10 - Apr 17 with 2219 viewsPunteR

Relegation creeping up on 22:37 - Apr 17 by QPR_John

Well clearly Holloway will be here next season does not mean he cannot be criticised now if for nothing else it was a monumental mistake to assume we were safe at 50 points with 8 games to go. We could have got another win with the momentum we had then and experiment all you like then.

I wouldn't count on Holloway being here this time next season.
You talk about momentum like it was Holloways fault we had the international break. ?
I was sceptical with his reappointment in the first place and that Xmas period was worryingly looking like it was a mistake. However, Holloway turned it round after some good new additions in the transfer window and we started to look genuine contenders.
I've no idea why it's going wrong again. Of course Holloway is to blame for some of it but not all of it. The players need to take some responsibility.
Nothing wrong with constructive criticism but I've seen it before when fans get on the managers back, then the players backs when we lose a few games and the cycle goes round again. New manager, new players etc etc..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Relegation creeping up on 23:13 - Apr 17 with 2204 viewsNorthernr

Relegation creeping up on 23:08 - Apr 17 by QPR_John

That is 50 points with 8 games to go. Plenty of time for things to change us going on a losing run other teams upping their game. Both possiblilities at the time but hopefully the former has been rendered less of a problem because of the latter not happening. All I am saying was at the time there were enough variables to suggest going for at least one more win would have been the better option

There's a reason only two teams have ever been relegated with more than 50 points.

If you think that's a "monumental mistake" I'm pleased you're not my boss.
Relegation creeping up on 23:23 - Apr 17 with 2171 views2Thomas2Bowles

Relegation creeping up on 22:50 - Apr 17 by QPR_John

Would have answered your post but then you let yourself down with the last sentence why do you have to be personal all the time. My relationship with my children or anybody else for that matter is no business of yours or relevant to this discussion. Show a post where I have been disrespectful to you
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 22:51]

Well I was not getting personal.

It's ok to be critical if it's balanced with positivity, if you only ever criticize you do more harm than good.

Lets be honest you are just using that I got personal to avoid answering and you could not give a straight answer if your life depended on it.

Not once have you said where you have posted anything positive even after a win, you almost but not clearly admit you have not.

So get back to answering the questions I asked you.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 23:34]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Relegation creeping up on 23:32 - Apr 17 with 2139 viewsLythamR

No manager isnt above criticism, personally I think we have chppped and changed too much in recent weeks but I do understand having a look at players and various combinations in a competitive environment is valid especially for a manager coming in part way though the season. Holloway needs to be able to make decisions on players futures as quickly as possible so Ferdinand can try and offload the ones IH doesnt want and find the right replacements.

Under JFH we would possibly have lost less, won less and ended up with around the same number of points, I am not convinced we would have ended up any better we would just have got their in a more even and boring way.

on a positive note this thread is like a total Olly love in compared with the torches, pitchforks and Lynch mobs roaming Facebook this evening.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 23:33]
Relegation creeping up on 23:34 - Apr 17 with 2133 viewsQPR_John

Relegation creeping up on 23:23 - Apr 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well I was not getting personal.

It's ok to be critical if it's balanced with positivity, if you only ever criticize you do more harm than good.

Lets be honest you are just using that I got personal to avoid answering and you could not give a straight answer if your life depended on it.

Not once have you said where you have posted anything positive even after a win, you almost but not clearly admit you have not.

So get back to answering the questions I asked you.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 23:34]

There's you go being personal again you really cannot help it

From your earlier posts

Where have I criticised the club, well under Briatore maybe but then we all did

Supporter. a person who is actively interested in and wishes success, where's you only want rid of the manager but admit you have no idea who would do any better, just get rid.

I really do want success for this club. I would be stupid not to having a season ticket for more years than I care to remember and having renewed for next season

Are you praising the club or criticizing the club or just the manager, what about the players have you any opinion other than your dislike for IH . thats the only place/person I see you aiming your "criticism" at.

I thought I made it clear I was not criticising the club or the players just the manager. I do not dislike Holloway at all, Hillsborough 2004 was pretty special, and putting together a team when we were really rock bottom. However I do not live in the past

See above but then it was with friends not necessarily broadcasting it.

Show one post where you have been positive about him or one sentence you have written.

I thought I had addressed this point. I am a supporter I am happy when we win, I am happy for the manger when we win no need to advertise the fact on this forum

[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 23:55]
Login to get fewer ads

Relegation creeping up on 23:41 - Apr 17 with 2120 views2Thomas2Bowles

Relegation creeping up on 23:34 - Apr 17 by QPR_John

From your earlier posts

I really do want success for this club. I would be stupid not to having a season ticket for more years than I care to remember and having renewed for next season

I thought I made it clear I was not criticising the club or the players just the manager. I do not dislike Holloway at all, Hillsborough 2004 was pretty special, and putting together a team when we were really rock bottom. However I do not live in the past

Show one post where you have been positive about him or one sentence you have written.

I thought I had addressed this point. I am a supporter I am happy when we win, I am happy for the manger when we win no need to advertise the fact on this forum

How is that getting personal. it's the truth no more no less.

I thought you were ok with criticism, you dish it out ok.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 23:44]

Relegation creeping up on 23:58 - Apr 17 with 2088 viewsQPR_John

Relegation creeping up on 23:41 - Apr 17 by 2Thomas2Bowles

How is that getting personal. it's the truth no more no less.

I thought you were ok with criticism, you dish it out ok.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 23:44]

its not so I can only apologise must have read something in your reply that is not there
Relegation creeping up on 00:02 - Apr 18 with 2081 viewsQPR_John

Relegation creeping up on 23:13 - Apr 17 by Northernr

There's a reason only two teams have ever been relegated with more than 50 points.

If you think that's a "monumental mistake" I'm pleased you're not my boss.

To be pedantic we have not yet got more than 50 points

2003-04 Walsall 51 points
2004-05 Gillingham with 50 points
2007-08 Leicester City with 52 points
2012-13 Peterborough with 54 points

I make that four with 50 or more points.
Relegation creeping up on 00:11 - Apr 18 with 2066 viewscoolranger

I've looked at all the possible combinations and it does look like Rangers will need 51 points to be fairly sure of safety.

But with just three games remaining to get one more point that looks like a tall order. Which means we're really at the mercy of others.

Blimey how did it ever come to this?
Relegation creeping up on 00:36 - Apr 18 with 2041 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Relegation creeping up on 00:11 - Apr 18 by coolranger

I've looked at all the possible combinations and it does look like Rangers will need 51 points to be fairly sure of safety.

But with just three games remaining to get one more point that looks like a tall order. Which means we're really at the mercy of others.

That shouldn't be a tall order really though.
Relegation creeping up on 00:55 - Apr 18 with 2034 viewskensalriser

Relegation creeping up on 00:02 - Apr 18 by QPR_John

To be pedantic we have not yet got more than 50 points

2003-04 Walsall 51 points
2004-05 Gillingham with 50 points
2007-08 Leicester City with 52 points
2012-13 Peterborough with 54 points

I make that four with 50 or more points.

Wolves with 51 went down with Peterborough.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Relegation creeping up on 01:36 - Apr 18 with 1991 viewsSydneyRs

Losing 5 in a row is unaccaptable and its not the first time this season. We are now relying on Blackburn remaining poor enough not to catch us and we'll probably get away with it. Ridiculous that we've even got into this position though.

We'll get nothing ant Brentford or Norwich, leaving the Forest game to try and take some points. It beggars belief that Holloway and Ferdinand have both publicly declared we're safe and allowed experimental line ups that have now seen us collect zero points from five matches. I'm not sure what this playing with line ups really tells anyone anyway. Just put the best side out and get on with it.
Relegation creeping up on 06:04 - Apr 18 with 1915 viewsisawqpratwcity

Relegation creeping up on 01:36 - Apr 18 by SydneyRs

Losing 5 in a row is unaccaptable and its not the first time this season. We are now relying on Blackburn remaining poor enough not to catch us and we'll probably get away with it. Ridiculous that we've even got into this position though.

We'll get nothing ant Brentford or Norwich, leaving the Forest game to try and take some points. It beggars belief that Holloway and Ferdinand have both publicly declared we're safe and allowed experimental line ups that have now seen us collect zero points from five matches. I'm not sure what this playing with line ups really tells anyone anyway. Just put the best side out and get on with it.

Don't drag Ferdinand into this argument.

LF may have said we're safe (and currently odds of us being relegated are: 5 sites, varying from 66/1 to 150/1, averaging over 100/1), but he doesn't pick the side. That's Holloway's job and he wouldn't have been given carte blanche to field uncompetitive teams.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Relegation creeping up on 06:15 - Apr 18 with 1903 viewsdistortR

Relegation creeping up on 23:32 - Apr 17 by LythamR

No manager isnt above criticism, personally I think we have chppped and changed too much in recent weeks but I do understand having a look at players and various combinations in a competitive environment is valid especially for a manager coming in part way though the season. Holloway needs to be able to make decisions on players futures as quickly as possible so Ferdinand can try and offload the ones IH doesnt want and find the right replacements.

Under JFH we would possibly have lost less, won less and ended up with around the same number of points, I am not convinced we would have ended up any better we would just have got their in a more even and boring way.

on a positive note this thread is like a total Olly love in compared with the torches, pitchforks and Lynch mobs roaming Facebook this evening.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 23:33]

Lynch mob. Lol!
Relegation creeping up on 08:50 - Apr 18 with 1765 views2Thomas2Bowles

Relegation creeping up on 23:34 - Apr 17 by QPR_John

From your earlier posts

I thought you did not live in the past

I asked you about this year and yet again you fail to answer.

Relegation creeping up on 09:45 - Apr 18 with 1703 viewsqprphil

Relegation creeping up on 22:59 - Apr 17 by Northernr

Really?

Exactly this, I'm all for experimenting when your safe, but it was insane to start doing it when you just assume. We were on a good run, players were confident, we could have had a very good end of season run. If that team did that, what's there to experiment.
Relegation creeping up on 10:30 - Apr 18 with 1647 viewsdaveB

Neither of them have said we are safe, Holloway has said we're not safe several times.

He did put our best side out at Bristol and we lost although it's debatable what our best team is
Relegation creeping up on 10:30 - Apr 18 with 1645 viewsdaveB

Relegation creeping up on 09:45 - Apr 18 by qprphil

Exactly this, I'm all for experimenting when your safe, but it was insane to start doing it when you just assume. We were on a good run, players were confident, we could have had a very good end of season run. If that team did that, what's there to experiment.

During that ruin in march he made 3/4 changes to the team for every match no different to what he's done in the last 5 games.
Relegation creeping up on 11:02 - Apr 18 with 1605 viewsSydneyRs

Relegation creeping up on 10:30 - Apr 18 by daveB

Neither of them have said we are safe, Holloway has said we're not safe several times.

He did put our best side out at Bristol and we lost although it's debatable what our best team is

Recent quote from LF:

"We're looking at it and thinking we're probably safe right now looking at the games to come and the teams who have got to play each other down there. It's an opportunity for the manager to have a look at the rest of the squad and see what will be available to him next season in terms of planning for the summer. As much as we want to get points on the board and finish strongly it's an opportunity to have a look at what you would deem fringe players as well."

If IH hasn't actually said it, his team selections have done it for him.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 11:05]
Relegation creeping up on 11:52 - Apr 18 with 1546 viewsPinnerPaul

Relegation creeping up on 00:11 - Apr 18 by coolranger

A "tall order" to get 1 point at home to Forest - really?

Shortest we are from few bookies offering odds on us is 80/1 and you can get 150/1 with others.

Its not impossible, but no where near as likely as you make out.
Relegation creeping up on 11:55 - Apr 18 with 1543 viewsPinnerPaul

Have we experimented that much - really?

We had or best midfield yesterday, Hall and Ned injured - Furlong too I'm guessing and our goal was the 10th of the season for Sylla - hardly - "wow look at that line up" was it?
Relegation creeping up on 11:57 - Apr 18 with 1536 viewsdaveB

Relegation creeping up on 11:02 - Apr 18 by SydneyRs

Recent quote from LF:

"We're looking at it and thinking we're probably safe right now looking at the games to come and the teams who have got to play each other down there. It's an opportunity for the manager to have a look at the rest of the squad and see what will be available to him next season in terms of planning for the summer. As much as we want to get points on the board and finish strongly it's an opportunity to have a look at what you would deem fringe players as well."

If IH hasn't actually said it, his team selections have done it for him.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 11:05]

That was from a month ago when you'd have thought we'd get the 3 points we needed with 8 games to go.

His team selections haven't been that weak anyway, he was making similar changes last month when we were winning
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024