Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Arry 09:13 - Apr 18 with 21610 viewsLincoln_Hoop

Confirmed as new Birmingham manager.

Tee hee!!
'Arry on 09:53 - Apr 20 with 1962 viewsstevec

Fair enough, not hard to see what the concensus is.

Meanwhile we can carry on at the lower end of the Championship (with luck), hemorrhaging support, sitting in a morgue of an atmosphere at HQ and thank our lucky stars we got rid of any ambition the club might ever have had.

Nurse, pass me medication.
'Arry on 09:54 - Apr 20 with 1956 viewsTacticalR

Interesting to see how others perceive Redknapp

Air hostess clique

'Arry on 10:05 - Apr 20 with 1938 viewsNorthernr

'Arry on 09:53 - Apr 20 by stevec

Fair enough, not hard to see what the concensus is.

Meanwhile we can carry on at the lower end of the Championship (with luck), hemorrhaging support, sitting in a morgue of an atmosphere at HQ and thank our lucky stars we got rid of any ambition the club might ever have had.

Nurse, pass me medication.

You obviously need some if you think QPR can/should spend in excess of £80m in a season.
'Arry on 10:29 - Apr 20 with 1919 viewsAntti_Heinola

'Arry on 10:26 - Apr 19 by stevec

pretty much right.

Any manager who gets you promoted to the Prem should not have to take the vitriol bestowed upon him from some circles.

Fck me, I love this club and all those who follow it, but you sense some kind of karma has come to pass on us this last couple of years.

This is classic Arry nonsense. I see he's already doing it at Brum: 'if *I* can keep them up' he says. As if it's all him. That season. had Arry got his first choice, the out of form Hooper, instead of Austin, we wouldn't have gone up. If the owners hadn't let him spunk thousands and thousands on a string of strikers after Austin was injured, we wouldn't have gone up. If McClaren hadn't trained the team for the first few months, we wouldn't have gone up. If Clint Hill hadn't had to take drastic measures in both the semi and the final, when Redknapp picked two of the most bone-headed, lopsided, idiotic, teams I have ever seen a QPR manager pick (to do it once was bad - to repeat it in the final was lunacy) we wouldn't have gone up.
He did not, at all, 'get us up'. He helped, for sure. Of course he did. But really, fourth was the bare minimum. He was astonishingly fortunate.

Bare bones.

'Arry on 10:35 - Apr 20 with 1913 viewsstevec

'Arry on 10:05 - Apr 20 by Northernr

You obviously need some if you think QPR can/should spend in excess of £80m in a season.

It's not the spending Clive, it's the negativity that's dragging this club down.

Eccleston comes in, we get promoted (first time in Prem for 15 years) and all I ever hear is hostility to the bloke. Redknapps team goes up, same again. Sometimes, I wonder if there's some quasi political element on here, basically hating any owner, manager or player who's worth a few bob more than we like.

Listening to this Birmingham bloke that TacticalR posted, sure it's going to be easy to laugh at the geezer and what he says, but he's genuinely excited about Redknapp and good luck to him. That's what football is about, dreaming even if it gives everybody else a good laugh at your expense.

As it is, we seem to have become frightened of success, instead in thrall to mediocrity. Look around you at LR, the place is dead, nobody is enjoying seeing us get whipped 10 times at home, 12,000 home fans and that's only due to empty seat ticket holders being counted in.

We need to let go of the hating of men, good or bad, who gave us promotion, a Wembley final we actually won for a change. This is what I mean about karma, you can't go on and on slagging off those who made us at least partially successful, without those in charge wondering WTF it's all about, why they should even bother ploughing their hard earned into the club.

I seriously wonder whether the cap on finance is more down to us than Redknapp's proliferation.
'Arry on 10:39 - Apr 20 with 1904 viewsNorthernr

'Arry on 10:35 - Apr 20 by stevec

It's not the spending Clive, it's the negativity that's dragging this club down.

Eccleston comes in, we get promoted (first time in Prem for 15 years) and all I ever hear is hostility to the bloke. Redknapps team goes up, same again. Sometimes, I wonder if there's some quasi political element on here, basically hating any owner, manager or player who's worth a few bob more than we like.

Listening to this Birmingham bloke that TacticalR posted, sure it's going to be easy to laugh at the geezer and what he says, but he's genuinely excited about Redknapp and good luck to him. That's what football is about, dreaming even if it gives everybody else a good laugh at your expense.

As it is, we seem to have become frightened of success, instead in thrall to mediocrity. Look around you at LR, the place is dead, nobody is enjoying seeing us get whipped 10 times at home, 12,000 home fans and that's only due to empty seat ticket holders being counted in.

We need to let go of the hating of men, good or bad, who gave us promotion, a Wembley final we actually won for a change. This is what I mean about karma, you can't go on and on slagging off those who made us at least partially successful, without those in charge wondering WTF it's all about, why they should even bother ploughing their hard earned into the club.

I seriously wonder whether the cap on finance is more down to us than Redknapp's proliferation.

I can't day I've ever heard or read a lot of hostility to Bernie Ecclestone, and Warnock, Bhatia and Saksena who oversaw that amazing season are idolised.

The financial cap, as you put it, isn't a cap at all, it's just a club with an 18,000 ground in an era of FFP rules (which I hate) realising it can't spend £80m every season and getting its house in order.
'Arry on 11:26 - Apr 20 with 1856 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wow, I'm amazed that anyone's bothering to discuss Redknapp.

He was a horrible, negative, proven liar who arrived with his reputation in disgrace and left in farce. He's gone and it's brilliant for the club that he is. We're only just getting our soul back now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

'Arry on 12:01 - Apr 20 with 1821 viewsstevec

'Arry on 11:26 - Apr 20 by BrianMcCarthy

Wow, I'm amazed that anyone's bothering to discuss Redknapp.

He was a horrible, negative, proven liar who arrived with his reputation in disgrace and left in farce. He's gone and it's brilliant for the club that he is. We're only just getting our soul back now.

Trust me Brian, there's not much soul in row upon row of empty seats.

Incidentally, I haven't checked it out, but has Redknapp been convicted of anything at all?
I'm happy to change my opinion if you can confirm otherwise.
Login to get fewer ads

'Arry on 12:12 - Apr 20 with 1801 viewsBrianMcCarthy

'Arry on 12:01 - Apr 20 by stevec

Trust me Brian, there's not much soul in row upon row of empty seats.

Incidentally, I haven't checked it out, but has Redknapp been convicted of anything at all?
I'm happy to change my opinion if you can confirm otherwise.

I didn't say he was convicted, but he's a proven liar from his time here e.g. eleven players brought to Ireland on the tour.

'Arry on 12:16 - Apr 20 with 1789 viewsAntti_Heinola

If only you were so even-handed and reasonable towards the good men currently doing their best to build a club we can be proud of.
As norf says, people loved Bhatua, Saksena and Warnock and i've barely heard Ecclestone's name mentioned in years.

Bare bones.

'Arry on 12:19 - Apr 20 with 1785 viewsstevec

Actually, if you google 'has harry redknapp been convicted of any offence' even LFW's very own bible, The Guardian, backs him up.

Surely that's a game changer?
'Arry on 12:27 - Apr 20 with 1761 viewsBrianMcCarthy

'Arry on 12:19 - Apr 20 by stevec

Actually, if you google 'has harry redknapp been convicted of any offence' even LFW's very own bible, The Guardian, backs him up.

Surely that's a game changer?

Not for me!

I wouldn't use such a phrase and haven't used it. I wouldn't do that to our Clive!

'Arry on 12:37 - Apr 20 with 1733 viewsdaveB

The place was pretty dead under Redknapp as well, most games that promotion season were played in front of bored crowds.
'Arry on 13:16 - Apr 20 with 1681 viewsstevec

'Arry on 12:37 - Apr 20 by daveB

The place was pretty dead under Redknapp as well, most games that promotion season were played in front of bored crowds.

That is true, didn't liven up till near the end, Forest at home I think, very much a set of players doing the minimum required for play offs when they knew Leicester and Burnley were going out of sight.

But under Redknapp, did you ever feel we were going to lose to Wigan? Likewise, 10 men against Derby I still had a belief that we could win. I can't say I ever felt that even in 76, waiting for the worst to happen, to turn up against Oxford as overwhelming favourites, still expecting the worst. Better team v Cardiff, waiting for one clanger to settle it.

That roar in the 88th minute, when we'd barely got in the Derby half, winning a couple of throw ins near the half way line. Watch it. That wasn't a roar of desperation which it probably should have been. At Wembley, in a major final, it was a roar of belief, get one chance and we can win this. In 50 years of this, I am struggling to recall that kind of positive buzz in a Rangers crowd, in a major one off game.

For me, that was down to having Redknapp. The lucky manager versus the unlucky manager, and the lucky one on our side for once.

You can't measure that kind of stuff till it's gone. He had his faults, like most I thought he should have gone after that game, if only for his own standing. But the vitriol since, just find it distasteful in such circumstances.
'Arry on 13:36 - Apr 20 with 1651 viewsQPR_Jim

'Arry on 13:16 - Apr 20 by stevec

That is true, didn't liven up till near the end, Forest at home I think, very much a set of players doing the minimum required for play offs when they knew Leicester and Burnley were going out of sight.

But under Redknapp, did you ever feel we were going to lose to Wigan? Likewise, 10 men against Derby I still had a belief that we could win. I can't say I ever felt that even in 76, waiting for the worst to happen, to turn up against Oxford as overwhelming favourites, still expecting the worst. Better team v Cardiff, waiting for one clanger to settle it.

That roar in the 88th minute, when we'd barely got in the Derby half, winning a couple of throw ins near the half way line. Watch it. That wasn't a roar of desperation which it probably should have been. At Wembley, in a major final, it was a roar of belief, get one chance and we can win this. In 50 years of this, I am struggling to recall that kind of positive buzz in a Rangers crowd, in a major one off game.

For me, that was down to having Redknapp. The lucky manager versus the unlucky manager, and the lucky one on our side for once.

You can't measure that kind of stuff till it's gone. He had his faults, like most I thought he should have gone after that game, if only for his own standing. But the vitriol since, just find it distasteful in such circumstances.

I think you'll find that the people roaring Rangers on at Wembley were responding to the teams resilience and fight rather than the fact Redknapp was on the touchline.

Also if we gave Holloway £100 to spend this summer I'm sure we'd feel a lot more confident about beating most teams. The confidence came from having a top quality striker like Austin, the fact is that he was Burnleys best striker the season before and we paid a lot of money to take him from them and still ended up below them in the table relying on the play-offs should tell you all you need to know about Redknapp.
'Arry on 13:51 - Apr 20 with 1626 viewsstevec

'Arry on 13:36 - Apr 20 by QPR_Jim

I think you'll find that the people roaring Rangers on at Wembley were responding to the teams resilience and fight rather than the fact Redknapp was on the touchline.

Also if we gave Holloway £100 to spend this summer I'm sure we'd feel a lot more confident about beating most teams. The confidence came from having a top quality striker like Austin, the fact is that he was Burnleys best striker the season before and we paid a lot of money to take him from them and still ended up below them in the table relying on the play-offs should tell you all you need to know about Redknapp.

Yeah, take your point, I just think some people are luckier than others. Not suggesting there was any direct fan correlation of thought about Redknapp on touchline but Rangers don't win big one off games, least not in my time supporting them.

Would also agree, i'd like to see Holloway given a few quid to spend, no qualms with him.

We've taken plenty of players off others to see them finish above us (Smithies/Lynch/Bidwell) so nothing unusual there.
'Arry on 13:54 - Apr 20 with 1616 viewskensalriser

Blimey, if we only need to give Holloway £100 I'll give it to him myself!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

'Arry on 14:05 - Apr 20 with 1606 viewsNorthernr

'Arry on 13:16 - Apr 20 by stevec

We didn't get in the Derby half because of Redknapp, because of him picking unfit Kranjcar his little favourite who had to go off, because of him picking Doyle who also had to go off. The team was all over the place. As it had been in many games that season - two changes often required at half time to get the team into the shape it should have been to start with if he'd bothered to scout the future opponent, Blackpool away a prime example of that. Assou Ekotto picked all season despite clearly not giving a toss, despite making glaring mistakes at Brighton, home to Reading. Dunne and Green won us that play off final. He wasn't even going to get the sub right until Clint Hill told him what to do.

I honestly do think we went up in spite of him that season. The money we spent, 50 or 60 other managers would have got us up on that, and playing a lot better football, and winning the division. Look at the job Warnock did, what he spent, how brilliant that team was - Redknapp spent 20 times what Warnock did and we ended up with a worse team, worse football and, yeh, fair enough, one brilliant day at Wembley that could easily have gone the other way but for Dunne and Green having the games of their lives. The money we spent there, and the following season, and previously under Hughes, have crippled us under FFP, it's their fault, and Fernandes clearly, all the things you hate so much have to happen now.

And you talk about ambition, excitement, fun etc. How ambitious was it to openly dismiss all the away games the following season as "bonus games"? How much fun did we all have paying £54 every week to watch us phone it in away from home - 4-0 at Spurs, 4-0 at Man Utd when they hadn't won a game all season, 2-0 at West Ham, 2-0 at Swansea who were crap, 2-1 at Burnley, 3-1 at Stoke with a fcking Jonathan Walters hat trick! And him just shrugging and saying "bonus games" and "what do you expect, they've got good players". How ambitious was that? How much fun was that? Was the crowd buzzing over that?
'Arry on 14:07 - Apr 20 with 1600 viewsQPR_Jim

'Arry on 13:54 - Apr 20 by kensalriser

Blimey, if we only need to give Holloway £100 I'll give it to him myself!

I can't be expected to put all the 0's in can I?
'Arry on 14:19 - Apr 20 with 1581 viewsjohncharles

A sneaky lying toe rag. Mean and vindictive. Kept Adel out of the team by lying about his weight and fitness. Up and left at the worst possible moment to maximise the damage to the club. Went out the door telling lies about his knees. At Hughes had ambition and was trying to build a team. Unfortunately he wasnt nearly as good as he thought he was. Tripped up by his own arrogance. Redknapp's only ambition was to line his own pockets.

Strong and stable my arse.

'Arry on 14:29 - Apr 20 with 1561 viewsTacticalR

The reason I thought the interview with the Birmingham fan was interesting was that it was the viewpoint of someone at a club that hasn't been managed by Redknapp, so we can get an idea of what he believes Redknapp to be.

It also shows that Redknapp knows how to push all the right buttons when he comes in to a club.

Air hostess clique

'Arry on 14:31 - Apr 20 with 1553 viewsNorthernr

'Arry on 14:29 - Apr 20 by TacticalR

The reason I thought the interview with the Birmingham fan was interesting was that it was the viewpoint of someone at a club that hasn't been managed by Redknapp, so we can get an idea of what he believes Redknapp to be.

It also shows that Redknapp knows how to push all the right buttons when he comes in to a club.

We all remember the Southampton fans turning up on here to coat him off. Few fans of his former clubs have a good word to say about him, and yet outside of that he's considered Harry Houdini and all of that. Helps that most of the tabloid sports press are a) West Ham fans and b) treated to plenty of off the record fun from 'Arry so none of them say anything but good things about him. Martin Samuel is so far up his arse he can see what he had for breakfast.
'Arry on 14:34 - Apr 20 with 1541 viewsflynnbo

And what was all that about our new defensive shape only to swiftly abandon it having already brought in the players to do it!
'Arry on 14:54 - Apr 20 with 1489 viewsTacticalR

'Arry on 14:31 - Apr 20 by Northernr

We all remember the Southampton fans turning up on here to coat him off. Few fans of his former clubs have a good word to say about him, and yet outside of that he's considered Harry Houdini and all of that. Helps that most of the tabloid sports press are a) West Ham fans and b) treated to plenty of off the record fun from 'Arry so none of them say anything but good things about him. Martin Samuel is so far up his arse he can see what he had for breakfast.

Those Southampton fans were unhinged - their anti-Harryism was as obsessive as the faith of the Harryists.

Air hostess clique

'Arry on 15:31 - Apr 20 with 1441 viewsdaveB

'Arry on 14:29 - Apr 20 by TacticalR

That is very true, despite me defending him a lot I didn't want him as manager when he took over (I said at the time we should get in a championship manager and start building for the following season) but I thought he'd be similar to Warnock in being a bit of a dodgy old git but I'd like him when he was with us. He was nothing like what I expected and far more like the miserable sod Southampton fans warned us about.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024