Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
'Arry 09:13 - Apr 18 with 21609 viewsLincoln_Hoop

Confirmed as new Birmingham manager.

Tee hee!!
'Arry on 22:13 - Apr 18 with 2648 viewsHendonHoop

" Oh yeah, for sure !"
'Arry on 23:53 - Apr 18 with 2554 viewslave16

'Arry on 22:13 - Apr 18 by HendonHoop

" Oh yeah, for sure !"

has arry ever left a club in a better state when he left it

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

'Arry on 09:30 - Apr 19 with 2442 viewsBlackCrowe

Shamelessly pinched from paddypower...

Rumours suggest that Harry Redknapp will earn £2m a year at Birmingham City, or about £2.7m after taxes.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

'Arry on 09:31 - Apr 19 with 2440 viewsNorthernr

'Arry on 23:53 - Apr 18 by lave16

You'd have to ask the chairman.
'Arry on 09:49 - Apr 19 with 2411 viewsdaveB

'Arry on 23:53 - Apr 18 by lave16

financially almost certainly not but football wise he did pretty well at West Ham, Portsmouth and Spurs, he had his moments with us as well and left us in a similar position to the one Warnock left us in just outside the bottom 3 with half a season to play. I don't think he did a great job at QPR but I'll never really understand the hatred for him. I was glad when he left and think it was the right thing for the club to do but we've had far worse than him.
'Arry on 10:26 - Apr 19 with 2368 viewsstevec

'Arry on 09:49 - Apr 19 by daveB

financially almost certainly not but football wise he did pretty well at West Ham, Portsmouth and Spurs, he had his moments with us as well and left us in a similar position to the one Warnock left us in just outside the bottom 3 with half a season to play. I don't think he did a great job at QPR but I'll never really understand the hatred for him. I was glad when he left and think it was the right thing for the club to do but we've had far worse than him.

pretty much right.

Any manager who gets you promoted to the Prem should not have to take the vitriol bestowed upon him from some circles.

Fck me, I love this club and all those who follow it, but you sense some kind of karma has come to pass on us this last couple of years.
'Arry on 11:10 - Apr 19 with 2328 viewsHunterhoop

'Arry on 10:26 - Apr 19 by stevec

pretty much right.

Any manager who gets you promoted to the Prem should not have to take the vitriol bestowed upon him from some circles.

Fck me, I love this club and all those who follow it, but you sense some kind of karma has come to pass on us this last couple of years.

Cause and effect often take a few years to come to pass.

Redknapp was a disaster for this club that Les and Hoos are doing and excellent job of clearing up. We were promoted in spite of Redknapp not because of him.
'Arry on 11:36 - Apr 19 with 2298 viewsstevec

'Arry on 11:10 - Apr 19 by Hunterhoop

Cause and effect often take a few years to come to pass.

Redknapp was a disaster for this club that Les and Hoos are doing and excellent job of clearing up. We were promoted in spite of Redknapp not because of him.

It's that last line I struggle with and not the first time I've heard it.

NO CLUB get promoted with a bad manager in place for a whole season. Richard Dunne, Charlie Austin, Danny Simpson, Matt Phillips, if I recall he bought all these players in.

Are you seriously saying they're signings of a bad manager?

3 of them have gone onto much greater things, and can you imagine Dunne coming here for Ramsey/JFH/Ollie.
Login to get fewer ads

'Arry on 11:37 - Apr 19 with 2295 viewshoof_hearted

He's a very charismatic bloke. I can see how he'd charm the cash out of a chairman very easily. Perversely, our worst for doing that was the charmless nerk Mark Hughes. I suppose Fernandes was just itching to spend on anything in his early days and was a little wiser by the time 'Arry turned up.

The big problem is that Spurs are doing better without him but every other club is doing worse. So which is proof of his skils as a manager? You can't put West Ham's issues on him but they were a good team under him. We were a basket case whatever he did with the issues from Hughes' reign. Portsmouth have done the best. Thanks to diabolical ownership they are now owned by the supporters trust and are a club the fans have a proper stake in. 'Arry wasn't bad enough to get us to that state of utopia.
'Arry on 12:33 - Apr 19 with 2258 viewsNorthernr

'Arry on 11:36 - Apr 19 by stevec

It's that last line I struggle with and not the first time I've heard it.

NO CLUB get promoted with a bad manager in place for a whole season. Richard Dunne, Charlie Austin, Danny Simpson, Matt Phillips, if I recall he bought all these players in.

Are you seriously saying they're signings of a bad manager?

3 of them have gone onto much greater things, and can you imagine Dunne coming here for Ramsey/JFH/Ollie.

That squad cost £100m in transfer fees and wages. It was a sledghammer to crack a nut, and we still nearly missed while he was "thinking about what golf club I'd have a membership at next season". The resources and players we had that season should have walked the division.
'Arry on 13:21 - Apr 19 with 2196 viewsdaveB

'Arry on 12:33 - Apr 19 by Northernr

That squad cost £100m in transfer fees and wages. It was a sledghammer to crack a nut, and we still nearly missed while he was "thinking about what golf club I'd have a membership at next season". The resources and players we had that season should have walked the division.

of course we should have walked the division with that squad, so should have Newcastle this year and how Villa are not in the playoffs after what they spent is ridiculous. Redknapp didn't perform any miracles getting us up, the Warnock one and Holloway in 04 were far more impressive pieces of management but as I said at the time he filled the brief that the club wanted.

The club wanted a big name spending loads on big names and an instant return to the prem and he was the best man to do that at the time. Really after coming down the club would have been far better off changing manager and looking to rebuild, with the money the club had we could have built a very decent squad over the last few years, much like Burnley and Bournemouth have done but the owners wanted quick fix after quick fix and when they were eventually forced into adopting a more sensible approach the money had run out and the chances of achieving that rebuild was always going to take a lot longer and is why we are where we are now.

For me I'll always blame the owners for this mess more than Redknapp who did the job he was asked to do, it's seems mad to me that Redknapp is hated for spending a fortune when that is what he was asked to do, it's similar to the hatred for Les Ferdinand's attempts to sign young players and develop them, he's doing the job he's been asked to do as well.
'Arry on 13:40 - Apr 19 with 2154 viewsJuzzie

For a team that got promoted, it was god-awful to watch at times especially the latter part of the season.
We lost 8 out of our last 18 games, won 7 and drew 3. 1.3 points per game, that's not promotion form which, IMO, was entirely down to losing Austin at the end of January where we'd only lost 4 times in 6 months which is what kept us in the Play Off's in the end.
IIRC, we also had McLaren as coach first half of the season and once he left that too contributed to our dip in form along with losing Austin. This IMO showed up Harry to be nothing more than a figurehead and with McLaren and Austin effectively gone, showed up his inability to actually manage.

I didn't expect to runaway with the title but with the huge amount spent we certainly should have done a lot better and performed a lot better and not rely on just one player.
'Arry on 14:11 - Apr 19 with 2109 viewsTacticalR

There is only one thing worse than spending £100m to get promoted from the Championship, and that is spending £100m to get promoted from the Championship and not getting promoted from the Championship.

Air hostess clique

'Arry on 14:19 - Apr 19 with 2102 viewsBklynRanger

'Arry on 13:21 - Apr 19 by daveB

of course we should have walked the division with that squad, so should have Newcastle this year and how Villa are not in the playoffs after what they spent is ridiculous. Redknapp didn't perform any miracles getting us up, the Warnock one and Holloway in 04 were far more impressive pieces of management but as I said at the time he filled the brief that the club wanted.

The club wanted a big name spending loads on big names and an instant return to the prem and he was the best man to do that at the time. Really after coming down the club would have been far better off changing manager and looking to rebuild, with the money the club had we could have built a very decent squad over the last few years, much like Burnley and Bournemouth have done but the owners wanted quick fix after quick fix and when they were eventually forced into adopting a more sensible approach the money had run out and the chances of achieving that rebuild was always going to take a lot longer and is why we are where we are now.

For me I'll always blame the owners for this mess more than Redknapp who did the job he was asked to do, it's seems mad to me that Redknapp is hated for spending a fortune when that is what he was asked to do, it's similar to the hatred for Les Ferdinand's attempts to sign young players and develop them, he's doing the job he's been asked to do as well.

I think that does sum the situation up. The owners were as lucky as everyone else that we managed to get up with HR at the helm. But that was what they put in place. I don't like him because I think he's a dodgy bullshitter and I'm very glad our time with him is over. He was bored and burnt out enough when he left us that I don't think another million will do anything to change that now.
'Arry on 16:46 - Apr 19 with 2044 viewsVancouverHoop

Leaving the dodgy, and expensive, transactions aside for a moment. My impression is that his heart was never really in it here. He'd expected the England job and when he didn't get it most of his desire for management went out the window. He probably came to QPR because football was what he did, always had been, and he knew there was money to spend here. He didn't particularly care about QPR, but was used to being part of the game. There never seemed to be any ambition or drive to do well, really he was just going through the motions using someone else's chequebook
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 16:47]
'Arry on 17:02 - Apr 19 with 2031 viewshopphoops

'Arry on 16:46 - Apr 19 by VancouverHoop

Leaving the dodgy, and expensive, transactions aside for a moment. My impression is that his heart was never really in it here. He'd expected the England job and when he didn't get it most of his desire for management went out the window. He probably came to QPR because football was what he did, always had been, and he knew there was money to spend here. He didn't particularly care about QPR, but was used to being part of the game. There never seemed to be any ambition or drive to do well, really he was just going through the motions using someone else's chequebook
[Post edited 19 Apr 2017 16:47]

I reckon he's only taken the jobs since Spurs because Sandra won't let him in the house, blathering on about Modric all the time, letching after Louise and occasionally running her over.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

'Arry on 18:30 - Apr 19 with 1961 viewsBoston

'Arry on 17:02 - Apr 19 by hopphoops

I reckon he's only taken the jobs since Spurs because Sandra won't let him in the house, blathering on about Modric all the time, letching after Louise and occasionally running her over.

He married Sandro!!! FFS that explains it all.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

'Arry on 19:31 - Apr 19 with 1918 viewsLblock

Already using the terms "they" and "the club"

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

'Arry on 19:36 - Apr 19 with 1910 viewsFredManRave

'Arry on 19:31 - Apr 19 by Lblock

Already using the terms "they" and "the club"

"It's not that difficult to put together a good team in the Championship, if you know what you're doing. You can go out and pick up players, you haven't got to spend fortunes".

Seriously, he's quoted as saying that and I assume it was with a straight face. Well as straight as he could manage.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

'Arry on 19:48 - Apr 19 with 1898 viewsJigsore

'Arry's a symptom not a cause. Not quite stage 4 but you're getting there...

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

'Arry on 20:35 - Apr 19 with 1869 viewsBilly_Kershaw

'Arry on 09:49 - Apr 19 by daveB

Is it also because of the way in which he left us - right at the end of the transfer window and with a questionable excuse?

Never use one or two words when a couple of thousand will easily do
Poll: REVISED EXPECTATIONS - Where will QPR finish this season?

'Arry on 20:56 - Apr 19 with 1851 viewsdaveB

'Arry on 20:35 - Apr 19 by Billy_Kershaw

Is it also because of the way in which he left us - right at the end of the transfer window and with a questionable excuse?

he was hated long before he left, i think he was close to the boot at the time anyway, it had looked only a matter of time for a few weeks before that
'Arry on 21:30 - Apr 19 with 1816 viewsLblock

'Arry on 20:35 - Apr 19 by Billy_Kershaw

He couldn't even tell a straight lie the bent fcukr

I confess I agreed with the appointment at first but I did strongly caveat that with the need for strong reigns on the spending

Never ever warmed to him before, during or after his tenure. His departure and the reason for it was the final slap; made even worse with his media mates lapping it up and fawning
I really hope we come up against him soon - so us and Brum to stay up then!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

'Arry on 23:40 - Apr 19 with 1742 viewsjohncharles

'Arry on 19:36 - Apr 19 by FredManRave

"It's not that difficult to put together a good team in the Championship, if you know what you're doing. You can go out and pick up players, you haven't got to spend fortunes".

Seriously, he's quoted as saying that and I assume it was with a straight face. Well as straight as he could manage.

He always was a very plausible liar

Strong and stable my arse.

'Arry on 00:01 - Apr 20 with 1715 viewsBoston

'Arry on 23:40 - Apr 19 by johncharles

He always was a very plausible liar

Beats me how he never entered politics.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024