Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Has this season met your expectations? 22:57 - Apr 29 with 5299 viewsE17hoop

Has this season met your expectations?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: How has this season been?

Has this season met your expectations? on 23:10 - Apr 29 with 3883 viewsBrianMcCarthy

We've avoided financial metdown, cut the wages, got rid of the dossers, have a hard-working, young and developing team. We're bringing through young players again. All good, and all really pleasing.

We have an excellent CEO and an excellent DoF.

Fernandes has backed off.

There's been no crap in the media, no misbehaviour. Our image has been good. Our professionalism on and off the pitch seem very high.

Next step is getting a settled playing style and team. That's a big step, and my big hope for next season.

Overall, though, I think the club is in good hands.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Has this season met your expectations? on 23:16 - Apr 29 with 3858 viewsBrightonhoop

Has this season met your expectations? on 23:10 - Apr 29 by BrianMcCarthy

We've avoided financial metdown, cut the wages, got rid of the dossers, have a hard-working, young and developing team. We're bringing through young players again. All good, and all really pleasing.

There's been no crap in the media, no misbehaviour. Our image has been good. Our professionalism on and off the pitch seem very high.

Next step is getting a settled playing style and team. That's a big step, and my big hope for next season.

Giant steps forwards Bri.

If we can kee this up I'm mildly hopeful for us.

Amazing things at youth level too.

Ollie needs to have a word with his head or shrink.
Has this season met your expectations? on 23:31 - Apr 29 with 3835 viewsBoston

I think the above posters will be in a rather small voting block.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Has this season met your expectations? on 09:25 - Apr 30 with 3745 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Has this season met your expectations? on 23:31 - Apr 29 by Boston

I think the above posters will be in a rather small voting block.

I voted 'Partly', Boston. I should have said.

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:04 - Apr 30 with 3707 views2Thomas2Bowles

Mid Table... was that not what was expected

[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 10:06]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:20 - Apr 30 with 3685 viewsPunteR

Mostly.

Last seasons buzzword was consolidation. I think that's still the case.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:30 - Apr 30 with 3674 viewsDejR_vu

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:04 - Apr 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I think calling 18th mid-table is a bit of a stretch!

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:31 - Apr 30 with 3671 viewsDejR_vu

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:20 - Apr 30 by PunteR

Mostly.

Last seasons buzzword was consolidation. I think that's still the case.

If we continue to consolidate at the rate we are at the moment we will be bottom next season!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 10:50]

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Login to get fewer ads

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:43 - Apr 30 with 3654 viewsPunteR

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:31 - Apr 30 by DejR_vu

If we continue to consolidate at the rate we are at the moment we will be bottom next season!
[Post edited 30 Apr 2017 10:50]

It does seem one step forward, two back.
But then we keep changing coaching and playing staff to really see what direction we're heading.
I like this team and Holloway. I think we should stick with him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Has this season met your expectations? on 11:29 - Apr 30 with 3588 viewsstevec

Mine No, the clubs probably yes
Has this season met your expectations? on 13:18 - Apr 30 with 3530 viewskensalriser

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:30 - Apr 30 by DejR_vu

I think calling 18th mid-table is a bit of a stretch!

Mid table is 9th-16th and we'll need to win at Norwich to make that - so yeah!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Has this season met your expectations? on 14:47 - Apr 30 with 3479 viewsFredManRave

All good points Brian but Connor does still work in the Box Office.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Has this season met your expectations? on 14:57 - Apr 30 with 3470 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Has this season met your expectations? on 14:47 - Apr 30 by FredManRave

All good points Brian but Connor does still work in the Box Office.

Fair point.

Has this season met your expectations? on 20:26 - Apr 30 with 3373 viewsSomersetHoops

Agreed and I hope they get time to prove it and the make the good decisions and have the luck to make it all work.

Who's Next?

Has this season met your expectations? on 20:34 - Apr 30 with 3359 viewsRebalhoop

Struggled a tad more than I thought we would,but chopping and changing managers probably didn't help ,onwards and upwards next season.......U Rs
Has this season met your expectations? on 12:20 - May 1 with 3225 viewsisawqpratwcity

I was going to vote "NAA" because JFH was a disappointment in that he started well and then tapered off into a dull mediocrity. Not a sackable offence, but we sacked him anyway. Replaced by a bloke who'd been sacked before, but hey, still a crowd favourite. He had to be, taking us on a six game run of defeats while everyone was saying how much better things were. Then things actually DID get better, very much so, before the wheels fell off again. Two of the club's three historical worst runs of defeats? Imagine if he'd been here for the full season!

But then bastard BrianMcCarthy came in with his bloody snivelling 'glass-half-full' bollox and unfortunately every point he made is true. Never mind the football quality spent large amounts of time in the 'OMG! WTF?' category, at least the club isn't the lurching disaster of recent years.

So it's a 'Partly' from me, too. "Curse you, McCarthy!!!!"

[Post edited 1 May 2017 13:01]

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Has this season met your expectations? on 16:33 - May 1 with 3116 viewsStanisgod

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:04 - Apr 30 by 2Thomas2Bowles

18 th isn't mid table , its lower bottom half.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Has this season met your expectations? on 16:48 - May 1 with 3103 views2Thomas2Bowles

Has this season met your expectations? on 16:33 - May 1 by Stanisgod

18 th isn't mid table , its lower bottom half.

Well there are no prizes from 21st up to 7th.. ask Leeds so anything in between is mid table.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Has this season met your expectations? on 22:08 - May 1 with 3004 viewsMatch82

Brian - 100% agree with your general perspective.
But you appear to have reflexively blocked JFH and the undercover Telegraph reporter from your memory. Although by QPR standards I guess that's relatively tame for us in terms of bad press...
Has this season met your expectations? on 08:01 - May 2 with 2947 viewsPlanetHonneywood

After the start I thought if we could get to ninth place, I'd be happy.

I see it as another confused season. We still have dross at the club harking back to our time in the Prem and some poor signings made since then.

Yet again, we go into the summer needing a bloody good pre-season and unsure what 2017/8 will bring us. If we get rid of the dross, cut the squad down, get in three defenders and for the love of God, focus on a settled side, we might do ok next season.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Has this season met your expectations? on 08:42 - May 2 with 2922 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Has this season met your expectations? on 22:08 - May 1 by Match82

Brian - 100% agree with your general perspective.
But you appear to have reflexively blocked JFH and the undercover Telegraph reporter from your memory. Although by QPR standards I guess that's relatively tame for us in terms of bad press...

I did think of that, Match, but actually thought it was last season. My mistake.

Has this season met your expectations? on 10:35 - May 2 with 2855 viewsPinnerPaul

Love that tiny "fully" vote, when loads on here last summer were going to be "happy" with mid table.

Will be the same this summer, along with the usual "Championship is very strong this year" nonsense.

I see everything from new kit supplier to new scout is getting the usual verbal kicking on here.

Summer is going to be pretty tedious if that carries on.

I'm not going off in a big flounce, like so many, who then come back a week later, but posting will be pretty infrequent until August if 90% of the traffic is just going to repeat everything Clive said in (to me - slightly bitter) Nottm Forest match report.

Sorry ladies and gents but that's how I feel this morning.
Has this season met your expectations? on 22:55 - May 2 with 2712 viewsTacticalR

I suppose it depends on what your expectations were.

I missed the Leeds game which seemed to really raise expectations (remember the fast-paced pressing football we were going to see?).

I was cautious because I did not believe that getting rid of (supposedly mercenary) Premiership players and replacing them players from lower divisions would automatically lead to better football at less expense just because they were nicer people. Langley said as much on Open All Rs.

I still expected to see consolidation rather than a relegation battle, but as the season wore on it became obvious we were having trouble beating some very ordinary ('bang average') teams.

The home defeat to Newcastle was a terrible beating and left me a bit more traumatised than I realised at the time.

When Holloway went on the first run of six defeats and we couldn't even score a goal we looked to be in big trouble, and (while it was going on) it wasn't obvious whether that was just a blip or we had made another disastrous appointment.

The last run of six defeats didn't bother me as much as Holloway had got some wins under his belt and a number of players in the team looked like they had a clearer idea of what they were supposed to be doing. I also hoped that, even if we lost every single game, there was still a reasonable chance that one of the teams below us would mess up and stay below us.

Air hostess clique

Has this season met your expectations? on 23:07 - May 2 with 2694 viewsdaveB

I thought we'd finish 15th this year so I guess it's roughly met my expectations but still been pretty crap. Shame how its ended as I think we made real improvements under Holloway until recently
Has this season met your expectations? on 23:12 - May 2 with 2689 viewsAgedR

We were dull, but, effective under JFH. I think if he was still here, we'd have about the same points, but, with no real prospect of finishing next season in the top 10.

Ollie has engaged me. We're much more streaky obviously, but, we've also made some interesting additions (Freeman in particular) who have got that cruel mistress hope going again.

I think you have to give Ollie the benefit of the doubt and hope that his biggest error was starting pre season too soon, hence the relegation jitters (we had 50 points in March for Christs sake). I like to think he's learnt from his tinkering and the squad will start next season running.

Also I really like the fact that he and Birch are running the playing side, Les is handling the football business and also Hoos is making a great impression with the strategy. Provided Fernandes stays low profile I think the structure looks solid and I'm optimistic.

It was a bit of a moan from Clive, but, he's entitled to it having followed us around all season. I also think, in the cold light of day, he'll reflect that the club is in a much better place than it has been since Fernandes arrived.

My tuppence.
[Post edited 2 May 2017 23:18]

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024