Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. 16:12 - Jun 14 with 3270 viewsTimNiceBut

…….But I have been around for a long, long year — yeah I know, I’ve breached Hubble’s LFW Intro copyright, but all property is theft and all that.
It would seem it’s time for me to join the throng, so, by way of introduction let me say I was an occasional contributor to the one and only original .org back in the mists of time, before the squatters moved in whilst BT was off colour and refused to hand back the keys. I refused to re-join after the coup and would pop in here to read Clive’s match reports and peruse the message board instead. I should have put my head above the parapet before but don’t have a PC at home and am way too busy at work (this small epistle has taken days to put together).
My QPR credentials: My dad and his dad before him lived in Latimer Road and QPR regulars. Dad moved out to Bletchley (before there was a Milton Keynes) as part of the great London overspill of the 50’s. It being a bit of a football wilderness our allegiance to HQ remain firm. My first match was the ’67 cup final when I was but a nipper, too young to take it all in really but I do have an endearing memory of the blonde in the sheepskin coat who stood next to me. She had an enigmatic smile and her perfume smelt lovely, if I close my eyes I can transport myself back to that fateful day……. I was a regular from ’72 ish onwards. At some point in the late 70’s early 80’s sex and drugs and rock and roll dragged me away to the fleshpots of a utopian dream — ok I may have overplayed my hand there, but QPR took a back seat for a while as I went to endless gigs, parties, festivals, etc.
I’ve moved around a bit, I’m of the Norman Tebbit “get on your bike and get a job” generation, so I’ve had to move where the work took me. I’m currently in Dorse’s backyard. It was a temporary move I made over 25 years ago and been there ever since.
As to the most eagerly awaited piece of information……….. Dorset Blue Vinny, a fine local cheese with a nice crisp blue bite. I’m also partial to Tesco’s finest Cambazola, it may be a soft cheese but I like it.

Tim Nice But …. Looking Over The Parapet

Tim Nice But ...

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 16:21 - Jun 14 with 3232 viewsFredManRave

Welcome Tim Nice But.....you really should let Dorse know you-re in his garden.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 16:22 - Jun 14 with 3231 viewsWokingR

Welcome Tim
Good cheese choice.
I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 16:25 - Jun 14 with 3215 viewsTimNiceBut

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 16:21 - Jun 14 by FredManRave

Welcome Tim Nice But.....you really should let Dorse know you-re in his garden.

I daren't tell Dorse I'm in his back garden.... I cannot tell a lie, I chopped down the hawthorn tree

Tim Nice But .... Abe Who?

Tim Nice But ...

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 16:45 - Jun 14 with 3147 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Welcome Tim
Nice intro.
I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 17:01 - Jun 14 with 3115 viewspeejaybee

Welcome,
And before Whatshisname gets in
Could you lend me a Tenner.

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 17:23 - Jun 14 with 3081 viewseastside_r

Bienvenue! Possible brownie points for quoting PJ Proudhon.
I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 17:35 - Jun 14 with 3055 viewsPhildo

the old .org gang are reforming. Its better then the Beetles....
I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 17:37 - Jun 14 with 3050 viewsLythamR

Tim nice but long time no see

Still on yer bike?
Login to get fewer ads

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 18:12 - Jun 14 with 2976 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 17:35 - Jun 14 by Phildo

the old .org gang are reforming. Its better then the Beetles....

But do we all still have the hair and the svelte bodies of yore?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 19:59 - Jun 14 with 2919 viewsTimNiceBut

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 17:37 - Jun 14 by LythamR

Tim nice but long time no see

Still on yer bike?

Still on two wheels. The Genesis got sold last year after 15 years of abuse by me. Clip on and rear sets were getting too uncomfortable. Now piling up the miles on a Super Tenere. Still got the Triumph (as per the avatar) and got a Victory Hammer for looking cool and sounding mean on, well if I'm coming at you with the sun behind me and you squint a lot.

Tim Nice But.... Born To Be Wild

Tim Nice But ...

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 20:19 - Jun 14 with 2887 viewsDorse

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 16:25 - Jun 14 by TimNiceBut

I daren't tell Dorse I'm in his back garden.... I cannot tell a lie, I chopped down the hawthorn tree

Tim Nice But .... Abe Who?

Tim Nice But... Master Criminal

I seem to remember a thread on one of the various incarnations of BT's original board when you mentioned you were in this part of the world. Good food, decent weather, occasional Wicker Man burnings - great place to live.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 20:54 - Jun 14 with 2858 viewsTimNiceBut

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 20:19 - Jun 14 by Dorse

Tim Nice But... Master Criminal

I seem to remember a thread on one of the various incarnations of BT's original board when you mentioned you were in this part of the world. Good food, decent weather, occasional Wicker Man burnings - great place to live.

Indeed, my ride outs take to Fontmell Magna for a pit stop. I seem to recall that's your stamping ground? Zig zag hill is a "challenge" but the view at the top is stunning. Always up for grabbing a pitchfork and having a burning. It's like Hammer House of Horror: Landlord and part time policeman, locals with a penchant for running around with flaming torches, and as ever "don't go out on the moors".

Tim Nice But...... Dorset Domiciled

Tim Nice But ...

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 21:50 - Jun 14 with 2798 viewsPunteR

You have a nice butt?

Anyway.. hello and welcome.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 22:10 - Jun 14 with 2767 viewsDorse

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 20:54 - Jun 14 by TimNiceBut

Indeed, my ride outs take to Fontmell Magna for a pit stop. I seem to recall that's your stamping ground? Zig zag hill is a "challenge" but the view at the top is stunning. Always up for grabbing a pitchfork and having a burning. It's like Hammer House of Horror: Landlord and part time policeman, locals with a penchant for running around with flaming torches, and as ever "don't go out on the moors".

Tim Nice But...... Dorset Domiciled

Big up the Fontmell Massive! BTW - the pub is so much better now. Proper landlord at last.

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 01:40 - Jun 15 with 2711 viewsBoston

Hello Timothy, stick to the motorcycle tearaway image, don't mention how you voted re EU and most of the time you'll be left in peace.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wheels+of+steel&qft=+filterui%3amsite-youtu

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 01:45 - Jun 15 with 2708 viewsBrightonhoop

Welcome Tim. Good choice on the cheese.

Cant say the same for choice of football club.
I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 01:54 - Jun 15 with 2703 viewsBoston

...oh and Tim, Dorsey's become a capitalist since you last spoke to him.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 09:39 - Jun 15 with 2599 viewsDorse

I’m Not A Man Of Wealth Or Taste…….. on 01:54 - Jun 15 by Boston

...oh and Tim, Dorsey's become a capitalist since you last spoke to him.

Not a very good one but I do my best. I do oppress myself regularly and have taken away all my rights. Basically, I treat myself like an indentured servant. Mind you, I think one day I might rise up against myself in open and violent revolution. I have it coming.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024