Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really do despair at times. 23:23 - Nov 21 with 12376 viewsSnipper

I've seen many posts on facebook over the last few days, and especially tonight, saying that Holloway has to go. Even saying that we should never have got him back.
Yet the same people want Gerry Francis to return and to bring Tony Pulis with him.

I don't particularly like the situation that we're in but, WE DON'T HAVE ANY BLOODY MONEY!!

WE'RE GOING TO BE IN THIS MESS FOR A LONG TIME YET. WE HAVE A £40M FINE HANGING OVER US FFS. LET ME SAY IT AGAIN, WE HAVE NO BLOODY MONEY!!

GET FRANCIS IN, GET PULIS IN, GET CHARLIE AUSTIN BACK FFS.

WE HAVE NO FCKING MONEY YOU DIMWITS 😡😡😡.
I really do despair at times. on 17:30 - Nov 22 with 1849 viewsWestbourneR

So it's an unreasonable comment for me to suggest that there was possibly a better option than Ian Holloway when we made the appointment? Obviously neither you or I can prove it either way but there is a global pool of football managers - so there are many many options. We have to look hard and research well. How do you think Southampton do it?

Look. I don't rate Holloway. I didn't rate his appointment. That's my opinion - I know it's unpopular. Sorry.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

I really do despair at times. on 17:40 - Nov 22 with 1833 viewsWestbourneR

I really do despair at times. on 17:26 - Nov 22 by daveB

muddled in the transfer market? Sold Chery and Polter for several million replaced them with Smith and Freeman for bugger all. Scowen on a free in the summer, Baptiste done well on a free.

He had an excellent record in the transfer market during his first spell as well

Well done for reading his book though

Oh I'd keep Penrice. He's got a great eye. His recommendation to get Freeman and Scowen - love 'em both. Nothing to do with Holloway mind you.

Smith? Meh.

Anyway the main problem with Holloway in the market is squad balance. We've got zillions of wingers he can't get in the team, our formation had no width. Besides Shodipo is better than all of them.

I really do despair at times. on 17:57 - Nov 22 with 1807 viewsdaveB

I really do despair at times. on 17:30 - Nov 22 by WestbourneR

So it's an unreasonable comment for me to suggest that there was possibly a better option than Ian Holloway when we made the appointment? Obviously neither you or I can prove it either way but there is a global pool of football managers - so there are many many options. We have to look hard and research well. How do you think Southampton do it?

Look. I don't rate Holloway. I didn't rate his appointment. That's my opinion - I know it's unpopular. Sorry.

Southampton do have the advantage of a world class academy producing quality players, a large stadium and being in the premier league.

Easy to say we could have had better options but from the people who applied for the job and were interested Holloway had the best credentials by a long way for the job required.
I really do despair at times. on 18:09 - Nov 22 with 1792 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I really do despair at times. on 17:40 - Nov 22 by WestbourneR

Oh I'd keep Penrice. He's got a great eye. His recommendation to get Freeman and Scowen - love 'em both. Nothing to do with Holloway mind you.

Smith? Meh.

Anyway the main problem with Holloway in the market is squad balance. We've got zillions of wingers he can't get in the team, our formation had no width. Besides Shodipo is better than all of them.

This Tinder style assessment of players and managers doesn’t take circumstance into consideration.
I really do despair at times. on 18:18 - Nov 22 with 1778 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I really do despair at times. on 16:52 - Nov 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

Why don’t we all sit back, relax, and enjoy this relative golden era of drama free stability and community focussed football club that has been craved like a doner to a pisshead for so long .

Sing it!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I really do despair at times. on 18:19 - Nov 22 with 1770 viewsAntti_Heinola

I really do despair at times. on 17:57 - Nov 22 by daveB

Southampton do have the advantage of a world class academy producing quality players, a large stadium and being in the premier league.

Easy to say we could have had better options but from the people who applied for the job and were interested Holloway had the best credentials by a long way for the job required.

And before Southampton had Poch, it was Nigel Adkins and Pards Pardew - when they were at our sort of level.

Bare bones.

I really do despair at times. on 18:36 - Nov 22 with 1748 viewsWestbourneR

I really do despair at times. on 18:19 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

And before Southampton had Poch, it was Nigel Adkins and Pards Pardew - when they were at our sort of level.

Personally say both of them are better managers than Ollie.

I really do despair at times. on 18:38 - Nov 22 with 1745 viewsAntti_Heinola

I really do despair at times. on 18:36 - Nov 22 by WestbourneR

Personally say both of them are better managers than Ollie.

but both were the 'obvious' choices at the time, no? Pards a classic 'who's around who we've heard of?'; Adkins very much 'in vogue' because of his work at Scunthorpe.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

I really do despair at times. on 19:18 - Nov 22 with 1702 viewsWestbourneR

I really do despair at times. on 18:38 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

but both were the 'obvious' choices at the time, no? Pards a classic 'who's around who we've heard of?'; Adkins very much 'in vogue' because of his work at Scunthorpe.

Yeah they were, and they were still better than Holloway.

I reckon we need to pick this conversation up at the end of the season.

I hope I'm wrong about Ollie, I fear I'm not.

I really do despair at times. on 19:38 - Nov 22 with 1680 viewsjohncharles

Let’s be positive. I’ve heard very little mindless yelling for Holloway to go. Some pissed off fans, maybe the ones that made the trip to Derby. It was crap and Holloway has to take at least half the blame but generally fans on QPR websites are reasonable. People who actually go to matches. As the OP points out we’re skint BUT we are finally getting some sanity.
Let others throw their toys out of the pram but I’m happy with this new grasp of reality.

Strong and stable my arse.

I really do despair at times. on 19:58 - Nov 22 with 1657 viewsnix

Thanks for starting this thread and to some of the other reasoned comments. To be honest I don’t usually bother coming on here after we lose because the comments can be so knee jerk.

Yes we all want to see us win, particularly a first away win, but I definitely want to see how developing a squad over time might work. I think we’ve done to death the issues up front. We just can’t afford what others are paying, either in wages or transfer fees. But I do think they’re gradually finding the right players to fill the gaps. Scowen filling the DM position being a fine example of meeting a need. The point is, we got him at the right price, which atm is nothing! Personally I’d like Sylla to get more starts. But that’s about it up front. Washington has had lots of opportunities but just isn’t scoring or creating chances atm.
I really do despair at times. on 20:45 - Nov 22 with 1618 viewsraskolnikov

Admission before I start - I didn’t want Holloway back. All badge-bashing and no tactics.

I would like to see Holloway doing a few things to go with the evident spirit he has created in the camp. We have the badge bashing.

First he needs a tactician alongside him, not another badge-basher. He gets the tactics wrong too many times. Sorry Bircham, you can be assistant badge-basher. We need a proper coach. Remember when we have Schteve here with Redknapp - we looked classy and the defence was superb.

Second, find a route for the talent that lurks just behind the bench. I’ve seen the ‘senior’ U23’s destroy a few teams this year at a canter, but we have too many of them and not enough trust to bring them into the team. The decent coach (first point) might sort that.

So: Holloway to stay, decent coach in. Gives us continuity, and we might get a bit more streetwise.
I really do despair at times. on 21:00 - Nov 22 with 1609 viewsCiderwithRsie

I really do despair at times. on 20:45 - Nov 22 by raskolnikov

Admission before I start - I didn’t want Holloway back. All badge-bashing and no tactics.

I would like to see Holloway doing a few things to go with the evident spirit he has created in the camp. We have the badge bashing.

First he needs a tactician alongside him, not another badge-basher. He gets the tactics wrong too many times. Sorry Bircham, you can be assistant badge-basher. We need a proper coach. Remember when we have Schteve here with Redknapp - we looked classy and the defence was superb.

Second, find a route for the talent that lurks just behind the bench. I’ve seen the ‘senior’ U23’s destroy a few teams this year at a canter, but we have too many of them and not enough trust to bring them into the team. The decent coach (first point) might sort that.

So: Holloway to stay, decent coach in. Gives us continuity, and we might get a bit more streetwise.

I think that is a decent shout.

If we are to use our limited finances to best effect, I'd rather see us spend it on hiring better coaches - who I think are cheaper than players anyway - and may help us get more out of our existing team, rather than gambling on players.
I really do despair at times. on 21:06 - Nov 22 with 1601 viewsWestbourneR

I think this a very good call. Much better put than anything I've posted.

We look like we need a big of finesse, pattern play, shape - tactics. Effort can't be faulted. A really top quality coach might be the solution.

We're gonna be hard pushed to get anyone of Schteve's quality. We did look very good for a few months under him and Harry.

I really do despair at times. on 21:29 - Nov 22 with 1591 viewsdaveB

I really do despair at times. on 20:45 - Nov 22 by raskolnikov

Which of the under 23's should be in the first team then? Not having a go just not sure any of them are ready for the first team or would make that much of a difference
I really do despair at times. on 11:25 - Nov 23 with 1477 viewsterryb

I really do despair at times. on 21:29 - Nov 22 by daveB

Which of the under 23's should be in the first team then? Not having a go just not sure any of them are ready for the first team or would make that much of a difference

I know this was not addressed at me & I've not seen much of the under 23', but wouldn't it be worth trying Phillips or Paul?

I don't know which one of those is further forward, but would either make us more vulnerable?
I really do despair at times. on 11:45 - Nov 23 with 1444 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I really do despair at times. on 11:25 - Nov 23 by terryb

I know this was not addressed at me & I've not seen much of the under 23', but wouldn't it be worth trying Phillips or Paul?

I don't know which one of those is further forward, but would either make us more vulnerable?

I guess we may have the first clue of that on Saturday - looks like one of them may get some minutes.

I think the extra coaching help is definitely one to consider. You can't have too much expertise.

I really do despair at times. on 11:46 - Nov 23 with 1443 viewsPommyhoop

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

I really do despair at times. on 11:55 - Nov 23 with 1426 viewspaulparker

We are a workman like team nothing else and that's all we are going to be under Holloway , we had it for 5 years when he was here before its the same football we are playing to 2003 , im not knocking Holloway and I don't want him sacked but we have been here before this is nothing new , we are not going to get skillfull individuals or free flowing football
I didn't get carried away when we beat wolves & Sheff utd I actually thought we would win those games , as its what QPR do ,
on the other side of the coin is it to much to ask that we actually have a shot on target in the last 2 away games against derby & Forest we have been woeful and I think blaming injuries is a cop out , yet again the team selection to away games seems like we are going down the "bonus" game route and lets keep the score down rather than fcuk it lets just go out and have a go

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

I really do despair at times. on 12:56 - Nov 23 with 1352 viewsR_from_afar

I really do despair at times. on 17:40 - Nov 22 by WestbourneR

Smith? Meh.

But is it fair to take the attitude that if a player we bring in turns out to be good, Holloway had nothing to do with the move, whereas if they turn out to be bad, he played an instrumental role?

I do wonder if he needs more help on the tactical side *but* given that we have a squad which is low on goal scorers and that there is an injury crisis at the back, I'm not sure adding a coach or bringing in someone to replace Ollie would make a great deal of difference at the moment.

Looking at things another way, we narrowly escaped relegation last season yet we are doing a bit better now, and that is in spite of the ongoing reduction in our transfer budget starting to bite more.

That said, we are on a poor run and need to pick up some points very soon or we will end up going the well worn road of rioting fans and blood letting.

Serious question: If Ollie got the chop, who would do a better job, that would actually come to Loftus Road?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

I really do despair at times. on 13:12 - Nov 23 with 1332 viewsTheChef

I really do despair at times. on 21:00 - Nov 22 by CiderwithRsie

I think that is a decent shout.

If we are to use our limited finances to best effect, I'd rather see us spend it on hiring better coaches - who I think are cheaper than players anyway - and may help us get more out of our existing team, rather than gambling on players.

Ah, that crazy very non-QPR idea of coaching and improving the players we already have.

McLaren was very much a case in point, while he was here we looked a very solid compact unit that was hard to beat and gunning for automatic promotion. As soon as he left for Derby and left things to Bondy Bond and the rest of them, we just about scraped into the playoffs.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

I really do despair at times. on 14:31 - Nov 23 with 1275 viewsLadbrokeR

I really do despair at times. on 16:51 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

thanks for that mate, really backed up your points well.

It's easy being dismissive after all it's a football match, mate, people to do wrong things in it.

52 matches
16 wins
26 defeats
6 clean sheets
16 games without an away win
1.1 points per game
two runs of 6 defeats in a row
currently 3 defeats in a row.

Do I like Ollie yes. He knows that he is doing badly. I'm pleased that you and others feel satisfied.
I really do despair at times. on 14:32 - Nov 23 with 1272 viewsWestbourneR

I really do despair at times. on 12:56 - Nov 23 by R_from_afar

But is it fair to take the attitude that if a player we bring in turns out to be good, Holloway had nothing to do with the move, whereas if they turn out to be bad, he played an instrumental role?

I do wonder if he needs more help on the tactical side *but* given that we have a squad which is low on goal scorers and that there is an injury crisis at the back, I'm not sure adding a coach or bringing in someone to replace Ollie would make a great deal of difference at the moment.

Looking at things another way, we narrowly escaped relegation last season yet we are doing a bit better now, and that is in spite of the ongoing reduction in our transfer budget starting to bite more.

That said, we are on a poor run and need to pick up some points very soon or we will end up going the well worn road of rioting fans and blood letting.

Serious question: If Ollie got the chop, who would do a better job, that would actually come to Loftus Road?

RFA

It's just a fact that it was Penrice who identified Freeman and Scowen and recommended that we could sign them on the cheap.

I really do despair at times. on 14:46 - Nov 23 with 1260 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I really do despair at times. on 14:32 - Nov 23 by WestbourneR

It's just a fact that it was Penrice who identified Freeman and Scowen and recommended that we could sign them on the cheap.

Penrice, who Holloway got to come to the club, to give him his due.

I really do despair at times. on 15:15 - Nov 23 with 1227 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I really do despair at times. on 14:46 - Nov 23 by BrianMcCarthy

Penrice, who Holloway got to come to the club, to give him his due.

I also imagine he'd go if Holloway was sacked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024