Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of contract Championship players this July. 15:34 - Mar 21 with 10312 viewsEsox_Lucius

http://sportsmancs.com/championship-players-will-available-free-transfer-summer/

Realistically I would like to see Burton's Hope Akpan in the hoops; the rest would be too expensive or "not for us" IMO.

The grass is always greener.

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 15:45 - Mar 21 with 6352 views00calben

Weren't we after Andy Yiadom in the summer? i'd take him but agree that none of them jump out as players we'd particularly want
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 15:49 - Mar 21 with 6343 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Think there's a few gems there.

That Junior Hoillet is tearing it up for Cardiff this season, and Brian Murphy would be a decent back up keeper.

That Fabio from Middlesborough too, he's clarss.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 15:53 - Mar 21 with 6333 viewsDavieQPR

What you want and what you get are two different things.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 16:00 - Mar 21 with 6310 viewsNorthernr

Be disappointed if we went back for Yiadom this summer because he'd go in front of Furlong. Other priorities surely?

Can't imagine many of us would have picked Scowen off this list last year as a little gem.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 16:10 - Mar 21 with 6277 viewsJeff

Bobby Reid at Bristol City's out of contract?

If he doesn't go on a free transfer to a lower league Premier Team i'll eat my face...

Can we not knock it?

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 16:18 - Mar 21 with 6247 viewsaston_hoop

That Aston Villa out of contract list reads like a Harry Redknapp transfer window

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 16:20 - Mar 21 with 6240 viewsDorse

Tom Naylor at Burton might be worth a second glance. He's primarily a CB but gets used at RB or DCM too. And Andreas Bjelland with Brentford (if only because his name is nearly rude).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 16:24 - Mar 21 with 6219 viewsEsox_Lucius

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 16:20 - Mar 21 by Dorse

Tom Naylor at Burton might be worth a second glance. He's primarily a CB but gets used at RB or DCM too. And Andreas Bjelland with Brentford (if only because his name is nearly rude).

I was surprised at Bjelland on there as he was/ is a first team regular and always looked decent when we played them. I agree about Bobby Reid, he would be a definite asset if we picked him up within our financial constraints. That's why I thought Hope Akpan may be a more realistic pick.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 16:32 - Mar 21 with 6185 viewsNorthernr

I'm sure I read around January that Bjellend has already signed elsewhere (abroad) for next season. Maybe wrong.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 16:35 - Mar 21 with 6171 viewsNorthernr

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 16:10 - Mar 21 by Jeff

Bobby Reid at Bristol City's out of contract?

If he doesn't go on a free transfer to a lower league Premier Team i'll eat my face...

City have a one year option on their side which they'll surely take. Bournemouth are interested apparently.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 16:51 - Mar 21 with 6129 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Paul Huntington at Preston looks a consistent performer, although 30 years old.

I''ve no idea about any of them really.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 17:04 - Mar 21 with 6084 viewstheQPRking

Out of all the players on that list the ones I'd be giving a contract to would be Neds and Robinson..
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 17:13 - Mar 21 with 6060 views00calben

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 16:00 - Mar 21 by Northernr

Be disappointed if we went back for Yiadom this summer because he'd go in front of Furlong. Other priorities surely?

Can't imagine many of us would have picked Scowen off this list last year as a little gem.

Was thinking Yiadom as he can play either side - if Perch and Robinson leave as expected then we will be very short on full backs. But take your point about other priorities
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 17:27 - Mar 21 with 6026 viewsNorthernr

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 17:13 - Mar 21 by 00calben

Was thinking Yiadom as he can play either side - if Perch and Robinson leave as expected then we will be very short on full backs. But take your point about other priorities

Lots hinges on Robinson and Onuoha. We go into next season with Lynch and Baptiste as our starting centre backs then I'll be joining the Twitter doom mongers.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 18:38 - Mar 21 with 5898 viewsAntti_Heinola

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 17:27 - Mar 21 by Northernr

Lots hinges on Robinson and Onuoha. We go into next season with Lynch and Baptiste as our starting centre backs then I'll be joining the Twitter doom mongers.

Surely Bappers only got a one year deal?

Bare bones.

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 19:01 - Mar 21 with 5852 viewsngbqpr

Hall and one of those two - not perfect but better?

My gut feeling based on absolutely no evidence of anything whatsoever is Ned'll stay, Robbo will go.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 19:12 - Mar 21 with 5838 viewsLblock

Ryan Fredericks? Big mistake by the Fools there - class player.

Abel Hernandez @ Dull City I'm sure we were linked with before - not bad but probably £££Wages

McGoldrick from Ipswich is a player I think we'd be in for and could be a good fit. I have reservations about injuries though

Pablo Hernandez - mustard!

I do however think we'll be looking from a league below due to wage constraints.
I'm surprised we've not sought to resolve Robbo and Ned in terms of in or out purely so we can plan ourselves. I'm also of the opinion Robbo will go and immediately become a zero from a hero, Ned may stay for a reduced wage and a three year deal but if Saints get relegated and they keep Hughesless that may be his destination.

I'm surprised we don't have more out of contract TBH

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 19:36 - Mar 21 with 5773 viewsqprd

Exactly

Lynch has had a few good games, but he should be no higher than our 3rd choice centerback- made of glass and misses too many games, comes into each season consistently 1/2 stone overweight, goes on holiday during xmas.

I would also add that a lot hinges on our medical team's assessment of Hall. To me, he's easily our best centerback- the best in the air, the best passer, can dribble through midfield without giving you a heart attack (unlike ned), can actually use both feet (unlike Robinson). Tendonitis in the knee is a niggly injury that doesn't get better with time, though. But if our medical team thinks he's good to go, I think we're better off with him on his reasonable wages than Ned or Robinson's wages after they've been in the open market.
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 19:45 - Mar 21 with 5753 viewskensalriser

It would be nice to get through a transfer window without people cheering as all our best players leave.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 20:09 - Mar 21 with 5698 viewsstowmarketrange

Bolton won’t have many players left will they?
Can we not just snap up all the Forest rejects because they’ve experienced winning at the City Ground?
Out of contract Championship players this July. on 20:29 - Mar 21 with 5655 viewsMedwayR

None of them stand out as potential signings, other than Yiadom who is likely to get better offers than us & as Clive pointed out would be a threat to Furlong's progress.

What do we actually need to sign should be considered first and I can only see cover at RB being needed with a CF if one is available at the right price etc. I'm assuming Onouha will stay and Robinson will go.

GK: Smithies, Ingram, Lumley
RB: Furlong, (Wheeler?)
CB: Hall, Onouha, Lynch, Baptiste
LB: Bidwell, Hamalainen
RW: Wszolek, Smyth, Wheeler
CM: Scowen, Luongo, Cousins, Manning, Goss
AM: Freeman, Eze, Chair
LW: Osayi-Samuel, Shodipo
CF: Smith, Sylla, Oteh

It could be a quiet summer for signings. I do wonder if something needs to give in the GK situation though, one of Ingram or Lumley may need a move to progress if Smithies isn't sold.

Edit: Added Cousins, cheers Aston
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 20:51]

Poll: Who’s better?

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 20:35 - Mar 21 with 5642 viewsaston_hoop

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 20:29 - Mar 21 by MedwayR

None of them stand out as potential signings, other than Yiadom who is likely to get better offers than us & as Clive pointed out would be a threat to Furlong's progress.

What do we actually need to sign should be considered first and I can only see cover at RB being needed with a CF if one is available at the right price etc. I'm assuming Onouha will stay and Robinson will go.

GK: Smithies, Ingram, Lumley
RB: Furlong, (Wheeler?)
CB: Hall, Onouha, Lynch, Baptiste
LB: Bidwell, Hamalainen
RW: Wszolek, Smyth, Wheeler
CM: Scowen, Luongo, Cousins, Manning, Goss
AM: Freeman, Eze, Chair
LW: Osayi-Samuel, Shodipo
CF: Smith, Sylla, Oteh

It could be a quiet summer for signings. I do wonder if something needs to give in the GK situation though, one of Ingram or Lumley may need a move to progress if Smithies isn't sold.

Edit: Added Cousins, cheers Aston
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 20:51]

The thing is with Smithies is that he is one of the few players in our squad who is worth anything. Also from what I have seen of Lumley, if we get that offer for Smithies then we give Lumley a go. Its a risk but he looks bloody good and could be worth plenty with a run in our team! Otherwise, maybe we will give Kakay a new deal as backup right back, Cousins to add to that squad too as I still think he has a role to play. We still need a striker though and offloading both Washington and Sylla may be the only way we can fit one in.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 20:49 - Mar 21 with 5604 viewsenfieldargh

If we don’t loose anyone and in that I refer to current first choices plus retaining Ned and robbo

Then I don’t think we need anyone else.

Like to see sylla stay fit and given a go.

Yiadom is one of Lee cooks boys and looked good but I would want to see furs2 given right back slot with yiadom waiting in line

They will sign somebody and trust that our scouting network has some irons in the fire but with the 4 or 5 really promising youngsters coming through these to me are like fresh signings

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 20:56 - Mar 21 with 5579 viewsMedwayR

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 20:35 - Mar 21 by aston_hoop

The thing is with Smithies is that he is one of the few players in our squad who is worth anything. Also from what I have seen of Lumley, if we get that offer for Smithies then we give Lumley a go. Its a risk but he looks bloody good and could be worth plenty with a run in our team! Otherwise, maybe we will give Kakay a new deal as backup right back, Cousins to add to that squad too as I still think he has a role to play. We still need a striker though and offloading both Washington and Sylla may be the only way we can fit one in.

Yeah I've given up on Washington and therefore left him out, surely it's time to try and get some of our money back on him...Kakay as cover at RB may be an option but as he's not been involved in any squads I'd be surprised. So Kakay, Perch, Robinson, Mackie, JET, Washington off the wage bill with some fee for Washington I'd hope. I'd accept Smithies going as that's the way it needs to be for us now and I have confidence in both Ingram & Lumley.

Poll: Who’s better?

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 07:08 - Mar 22 with 5283 viewsrsonist

Out of contract Championship players this July. on 16:00 - Mar 21 by Northernr

True but wouldn't you also be somewhat concerned if the club had question marks over Furlong for this long, identified who they saw as an upgrade and were prepared to invest fairly heavily for our means, and then threw those plans out of the window after a couple weeks form...

Don't get me wrong though mind, Forza Furs all the way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024