Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers 03:19 - May 7 with 8809 viewsmylot50years

What's all the fuss about, to even consider slagging Ollie off for his failings this past season, of course we should be looking forward to the fact that next time around our away form can only improve
( the law of averages and all that ) the dwindling home support must surely pick up, and of course the unpredictability of team selections and tactics will be a thing of the past, After all we are only little QPR so what should we really expect, well for those deluded amongst us who claim to be Rs supporters who also continue to back IH with the above agenda, and who are quite happy to look forward to much of the same for the next campaign. Can I suggest It's possibly time to take a good look at yourself and where it may apply, reframe from supporting IH from your front room and come along to HQ next season and if God forbid Holloway is still here, at least your opinion may have some ground's to be taken seriously. Other than that why don't you just keep fcuking stum.
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:02 - May 9 with 2838 viewsNortholt_Rs

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:56 - May 7 by DejR_vu

All true. Also, we have finished 16th this year, two places higher than last year, with three points more this season and a goal difference that isn't quite as bad as last year. So there's no denying there's been progress by all of those measures.

But, on the other hand, we've endured two runs of six consecutive defeats, only saved a third by a freak result. The away record is utterly appalling. The team selections have been, to be kind, bemusing. As has been pointed out by others, just when you think we've found a formula, he goes out of his way to change things, with predictable results. The football, by and large, has been poor. Even the last two months, where many will argue things have been a lot better, actually haven't been that great. 18 points out of 36, a big improvement, but still only just top 10 form over an entire season. It just seems that the view has been clouded by a result at Villa, and draw at Fulham because we are so utterly inept away from home. It could be that the last two months has been a corner turned, or it might just be part of the Holloway cycle.

IH has been a manager for over 20 years. He's had his successes, most notably Blackpool, and us first time, and to a lesser extent Palace. He's had his failures, Leicester / Millwall. He's an average manager.

He's done a decent job here, better than I thought he would, but he's average. If the extent of your ambition is to be an average Championship club, bobbing around mid-table, with the odd foray into the top eight he should stay. If the club is ambitious to go further he should be thanked for the job he's done and sent on his way.

The biggest danger is not moving IH on, it's trusting a Board with an abysmal record of appointments, finding the better managers that are out there.

We’ve finished 18th and 16th in the two seasons under Holloway....where’s the ‘bobbing around mid-table’? The football has been largely dross.... Our away record is a total embarrassment. We play a different team and formation pretty much every game. LR has ever-growing swathes of empty seats at every home game. I don’t see how any Rs fan can be happy with the current situation. It’s miserable.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:31 - May 9 with 2794 viewsstevec

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:02 - May 9 by Northolt_Rs

We’ve finished 18th and 16th in the two seasons under Holloway....where’s the ‘bobbing around mid-table’? The football has been largely dross.... Our away record is a total embarrassment. We play a different team and formation pretty much every game. LR has ever-growing swathes of empty seats at every home game. I don’t see how any Rs fan can be happy with the current situation. It’s miserable.

The best we can say for IH appointment is he's done the job requested.

But I agree, the whole set up is miserable. It stems completely from an owner who has appointed a succession of managers who each time make our situation a little bit worse.

I cannot get over that revelation (least it was to me) that TF was effectively the casting vote in favour of implementing FFP. Does he not read the terms and conditions, or get a highly paid lawyer to do it for him? The man as far as football is concerned is a complete buffoon.

He continues to argue with the EFL about the amount of the fine and, so as long as this goes on, it will continue to cast a cloud over the club. This has now been going on for far too long. You're the turkey who voted for Christmas, pay the fckin fine so the club can move on. It is a huge amount of money but you TF are the one entirely to blame.

As it stands, as long as he won't admit he screwed up and settle, we can bring in another manager, probably organise this lot into a 10-12th place side and watch as any decent players decide they've had enough and we'll drop back to a continuing fight against what will eventually lead us to where we were the first day I stepped on those terraces.

Division Three.
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:41 - May 9 with 2773 viewsAshdown_Ranger

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:02 - May 9 by Northolt_Rs

In my view, some fans are just acting like spoilt brats.

A few years ago, if something wasn't working, we'd splurge a few million on yet another overpaid useless t*sser (playing or managerial), pay him more than the entire Burnley squad and hope/expect everything to be alright.

The club lost tens of millions, which we are fortunate the board is stumping up for.

Man U play dross - their fans hate it.

Arsenal have a sh*te away record - their fans are hugely embarrassed.

There's no 'entitlement' to success or fast, free-flowing attractive football.

As the saying goes in business, if you've got lemons, make lemonade...

I'm just grateful that the medium term looks promising, even if the short term might mean 'more of the same'.

And we're not doing a Sunderland or a Coventry...
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:45 - May 9 with 2762 viewsisawqpratwcity

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 08:56 - May 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

If I started to THINK about football instead of FEEL for it, I’d jack it all in and go down IKEA every Saturday with the missus instead.

The thinking part is for Lee Hoos and Sir Les. Our job is to support. I’m not throwing Olly under the bus just because we finished 16th.

There are times to think and times to feel. When you are deciding on the suitability of a manager, engage your brain.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 10:13 - May 9 with 2740 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:45 - May 9 by isawqpratwcity

There are times to think and times to feel. When you are deciding on the suitability of a manager, engage your brain.

Sad way to digest the football experience in my opinion mate.
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 11:02 - May 9 with 2697 viewsisawqpratwcity

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 10:13 - May 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sad way to digest the football experience in my opinion mate.

I've not said anything about how I digest the football experience. I'm talking about how you judge someone's employment.

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 11:26 - May 9 with 2660 viewsNortholt_Rs

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 09:41 - May 9 by Ashdown_Ranger

In my view, some fans are just acting like spoilt brats.

A few years ago, if something wasn't working, we'd splurge a few million on yet another overpaid useless t*sser (playing or managerial), pay him more than the entire Burnley squad and hope/expect everything to be alright.

The club lost tens of millions, which we are fortunate the board is stumping up for.

Man U play dross - their fans hate it.

Arsenal have a sh*te away record - their fans are hugely embarrassed.

There's no 'entitlement' to success or fast, free-flowing attractive football.

As the saying goes in business, if you've got lemons, make lemonade...

I'm just grateful that the medium term looks promising, even if the short term might mean 'more of the same'.

And we're not doing a Sunderland or a Coventry...

I don’t think any of us ‘spoilt brats’ expect to win the Champions League anytime soon.... Personally, I do want more than hovering down near the foot of the Championship each season though. Judging by the growing hordes of empty seats in A and B block and across the way in the Ellerslie, I don’t think I’m alone. This season has been grim - and yes it’s better than being Sunderland but light years away from what Warnock has just achieved with the sheep shaggers. He’s proved it can be done.....again! If Holloway stays and delivers the same dross as his first two seasons back in charge then LR will be empty next season and yes that is a big worry for all Rs fans.

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 11:32 - May 9 with 2636 viewspaulparker

for those who don't want Holloway here or think he isn't up to it have very short memories
not that long ago we had 2 men who shouldn't have ever been QPR managers (hughes and jerky) these 2 men along with the incompetence of TF & Phil beard gave us mercenary players who didn't care, they bought there way out of trouble if a player was ever injured instead of giving a youth player a chance, we had bonus away games were we didn't bother, , they treated the fans like sh1t on there shoes , ex players were not welcomed , it made us a poisonous club , during our last pathetic attempt at the premier league we all decided we wanted QPR men , we all wanted players from the lower leagues , we wanted youth players given a chance , we wanted some organisation , we wanted to win some and then lose some , we wanted to sell on our assets we wanted to be a real community club, we wanted the QPR of old
well we have that now , I don't always agree with Holloway or his tactics but the man deserves to see out his contract at least , he has bought some very good players to the club , developed some youngsters , made going to HQ bearable , made the club honest and has helped changed the ethos and yes we win some and we lose some
I don't know what some fans really want ??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 12:56 - May 9 with 2552 viewsLongsufferingR

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 22:27 - May 7 by mylot50years

Well as it happens I've done 44 league games and 2 cup, so maybe we have both been there though the unacceptable garbage, that we have both had to endure, and on the back of these mostly pathetic away performances had to then inturn listen to the bewildering reason's from Holloway as to why and where it all went wrong. As it happens I don't need to be drunk to express my opinions on here, after 61 years of watching QPR I prefer to have a clear head when commenting on something that I regard as extremely important to the future wellbeing of my club, by someone who it would appear thrives on doing the unexpected for the simple reason to gain cheap headlines for himself. Of coarse if your valid opinion is that let's do it all again next season because it surely must get better then so be it, but at that point I must soberly and vigorously have my own opinion an opinion I pray TF and others also share.

Blimey, in the course of this thread you seem to have added an extra 11 years of loyal service. Good going.
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 13:00 - May 9 with 2535 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 12:56 - May 9 by LongsufferingR

Blimey, in the course of this thread you seem to have added an extra 11 years of loyal service. Good going.

:)
[Post edited 9 May 2018 13:00]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 14:55 - May 9 with 2460 viewsTacticalR

@paulparker 'I don't know what some fans really want ??'

A tall, dark, foreign manager (preferably unshaven) to sweep us off our feet, take us away from all this, and keep us in a style to which we have become accustomed.

The main thing is to get rid of anyone scruffy. Or wearing a scruffy hat.

It's not just us by the way. Only certain managers get a mural on the side of the stadium:

Air hostess clique

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 15:03 - May 9 with 2437 viewsisawqpratwcity

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 14:55 - May 9 by TacticalR

@paulparker 'I don't know what some fans really want ??'

A tall, dark, foreign manager (preferably unshaven) to sweep us off our feet, take us away from all this, and keep us in a style to which we have become accustomed.

The main thing is to get rid of anyone scruffy. Or wearing a scruffy hat.

It's not just us by the way. Only certain managers get a mural on the side of the stadium:

Marsh was great for Mills & Boon.

I remember the crowd echoing around the whole stadium: "Val-reee...Val-reee..."

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 15:06 - May 9 with 2435 viewstimcocking

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 03:31 - May 9 by isawqpratwcity

This is part of why this argument is going on for so long: it's not about how we feel about Holloway, it's about what we think about his performance.

You'd have to think that a prospective manager's man-management and player development skills would be part of the assessment criteria.

I get the love for Holloway, but it doesn't make up for the way we're going.

I can see the logic of the decision, it's the timing in particular that worries me. Plus i'm a bit soft when it comes to somebody like Ian Holloway and i'd just rather he was given the opportunity to prove himself first. Plus i just think stability will work. Each to his own though.
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 15:21 - May 9 with 2409 viewsTacticalR

I am not sure what the choices are.

Is the choice really between being not very good under Holloway and being very good under another manager?

Or is the real choice between being not very good under Holloway and being not very good another another manager? (We weren't very good under Ramsey or JFH).
[Post edited 9 May 2018 15:22]

Air hostess clique

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 15:52 - May 9 with 2349 viewsisawqpratwcity

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 15:21 - May 9 by TacticalR

I am not sure what the choices are.

Is the choice really between being not very good under Holloway and being very good under another manager?

Or is the real choice between being not very good under Holloway and being not very good another another manager? (We weren't very good under Ramsey or JFH).
[Post edited 9 May 2018 15:22]

Without Holloway either making us very good or else bad enough to force a decision (and a lot of people around here don't think even relegation triggers that), what do we do? Keep renewing his contract?

Do our results and league positions meet his performance indicators? What happens if they don't?

If he's not good enough, you have to do something about it.

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 15:56 - May 9 with 2334 viewsDando

As much as Id like Ollie to stay and succeed, he continues to drop players after they play well, play people in their wrong positions, change the side every week. If he could keep those things simple, Im sure the board would have more confidence in him along with the fans. Unfortunately, his strange decisions keep repeating themselves
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 16:54 - May 9 with 2268 viewsTacticalR

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 15:52 - May 9 by isawqpratwcity

Without Holloway either making us very good or else bad enough to force a decision (and a lot of people around here don't think even relegation triggers that), what do we do? Keep renewing his contract?

Do our results and league positions meet his performance indicators? What happens if they don't?

But every time we 'do something about it' we seem to end up back where we started. It as if we didn't know what we were doing.

Air hostess clique

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 17:24 - May 9 with 2244 viewsisawqpratwcity

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 16:54 - May 9 by TacticalR

But every time we 'do something about it' we seem to end up back where we started. It as if we didn't know what we were doing.

"It as if we didn't know what we were doing."

A reasonable observation, but if he doesn't meet expected performance, then you still have to do something.

If you have kept getting the replacement process wrong, then you have to try harder, not lower your expectations.

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 17:40 - May 9 with 2216 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 17:24 - May 9 by isawqpratwcity

"It as if we didn't know what we were doing."

A reasonable observation, but if he doesn't meet expected performance, then you still have to do something.

If you have kept getting the replacement process wrong, then you have to try harder, not lower your expectations.

And there we have it .

He has met expected performance: 16th and safe while cutting the wage bill and introducing youngsters
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 17:56 - May 9 with 2193 viewsisawqpratwcity

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 17:40 - May 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

And there we have it .

He has met expected performance: 16th and safe while cutting the wage bill and introducing youngsters

The Club determines standards, judges performance, decides action.

Blessed be the Name of the Club.

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 19:52 - May 9 with 2133 viewsNortholt_Rs

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 17:40 - May 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

And there we have it .

I thought LF said JFH went because we needed to be getting in the top 6....if that was the reason for bringing in Holloway then his appointment has clearly been a massive failure so far. I don’t recall the club stating Holloway was coming in to ensure we avoided relegation to League 1 so how has that suddenly become his benchmark?
[Post edited 9 May 2018 19:53]

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 22:02 - May 9 with 2034 viewsbosh67

Ollie's remit this season was to clear out the higher earners, slim down the squad, bring through the youngsters and avoid relegation. He made mad decisions, played a crazy 3-5-2 system, couldn't win away but he did what he was asked. Top 6 has never been a remit for him given he was asked to captain the Titanic. I have been a harsh critic but I felt he was finally getting there.

Most people seem to forget the club is in a ton of sh*t re FFP and we have no money.

Quite how we can afford to shove Ollie and get in McClaren I have no idea. Nothing against McClaren but why would he come here knowing that he has just kids mainly to work with and no money to spend at all?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 23:51 - May 9 with 1978 viewstimcocking

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 15:52 - May 9 by isawqpratwcity

I don't think you do though. I think what any manager needs is sufficient time. Particularly in this case.

I'll concede though, Ollie hasn't helped himself, he hasn't had a great season. Pretty sure Pavel will be hoping for a new manager.

And i just don't like how it's all panning out. The man's mother has just died, this is grim.
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 23:58 - May 9 with 1971 viewstimcocking

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 15:56 - May 9 by Dando

As much as Id like Ollie to stay and succeed, he continues to drop players after they play well, play people in their wrong positions, change the side every week. If he could keep those things simple, Im sure the board would have more confidence in him along with the fans. Unfortunately, his strange decisions keep repeating themselves

This is it in a nutshell. He's done himself in by overthinking.
What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 06:12 - May 10 with 1916 viewsisawqpratwcity

What's all the fuss about Re Ollie backers on 23:51 - May 9 by timcocking

I don't think you do though. I think what any manager needs is sufficient time. Particularly in this case.

I'll concede though, Ollie hasn't helped himself, he hasn't had a great season. Pretty sure Pavel will be hoping for a new manager.

And i just don't like how it's all panning out. The man's mother has just died, this is grim.

18 months, 80 games, and we are still wildly inconsistent and, overall, not very good.

16th place when there are six clubs below us on a point a game or less isn't very impressive.

The thing about his mother dying is an absolute bastard, but he could have skipped the last two games and no-one would have begrudged him.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024